Chapter 18

Kiss And Tell

 

“What happened, doctor?”

“She passed out from stress, she’ll soon wake up and she can go home immediately. She just needed rest.”

“Oh, thank god. Auntie, you can go home now, you’ve been crying after I had called you.”

“No, no, I’ll stay, Hoya’s on his way. Aigoo, what’s taking him so long? I left the apartment thinking that he might be here after five minutes.”

“…maybe he doesn’t want to come.”

-

You woke up feeling groggy; you didn’t know what happened, the last thing you remember is getting off the bus and walking up the hill to your father’s home before blacking out.

You opened your eyes to see yourself in the same dress you were wearing; you were on a hospital bed. You noticed that Junhyung was busy whispering to the phone before he noticed you, his eyes widened as he dropped the call and run up to you.

“You’re awake, oh my gosh. Don’t you know how worried I was to see you passed out on the ground?!” He said, almost shouting at you. You blinked at his hands that were gripping on your arms; he looked down on it before removing his hands. “You’ve been sleeping for two hours, gosh, that was so long that me and Mrs. Lee started worrying—“

“Wait, who? Mrs. Lee? Auntie was here?”

“…Yeah, with Hoya,” He said slowly as he reluctantly observed your expression. “They just went out to—“ Before he could finish his sentence, he was cut off again when the door flung open, revealing Mrs. Lee and the devil—Hoya.  

“Thank goodness you’re awake.” Mrs. Lee said as she hugged you tightly before releasing you. “We’d been worried. I even cried earlier freaking him out,” She pointed at Hoya. “Anyways, c’mon, Junhyung, let’s give the two of them some alone time.”

Junhyung opened his mouth to protest but he had been dragged out already.

-

Sungyeol stepped outside the car after the butler had picked him up and drove him home. His heart felt heavy, he had always wanted to be like Cupid and he wanted you to end up with Hoya, not his half-sister.

Sungyeol and Eunjae have the same mother, Sungyeol is the legal child and he didn’t even know Eunjae until they visited her to the hospital during his freshman year, she was pale and thin.

Eunjae’s father had passed away after they moved to Seoul, so now; Eunjae had to live with Sungyeol and their mom.

Unfortunately, since the day she had been born, she had cancer—leukemia. It had been cured when she turned 10, but then it relapsed. The doctors’ didn’t understand it either, but what they know is that she’d be starting to countdown before God takes her to heaven.

The people who knew about it were only Eunjae’s family and Hoya. Hoya had discovered it when they met again a few months back.

“You’re home?” Sungyeol’s mom greeted him with a kiss on the cheek, she patted the place where she kissed him and went to the kitchen. “Why do you look so down?”

“Mom, do you think Hoya likes Eunjae noona?”

“Doesn’t Hoya have a girlfriend already?” Sungyeol’s mom raised her eyebrow on him.

“…right.”

-

You awkwardly blinked at Hoya as he shifted on the stool he sat on beside your bed; you were trying your best to avoid his gaze.

“Are you trying to leave me?” He asked in a low voice, you glanced at him, puzzled.

“You asked me to do that, didn’t you? Besides, it’s not your business. You’re just my best friend, right?” You said coldly. He groaned as he run his hand on his hair.

“I know, but why are you doing this to me?” He muttered almost inaudibly.

“Doing what?”

You watched him stand and walked to the door, you concluded that he would be leaving already but he just stood there.

“Whatever happens, I won’t let you leave me.”

-

“Junhyung, don’t they look good together?” Mrs. Lee asked as they sat on the steel benches outside the hospital room. Junhyung just shrugged as he looked at the room’s door. “You also like her, don’t you?” He took a double take at Mrs. Lee, staring at her in disbelief.

“No…she’s just interesting, she kind of looks like my ex that’s why I accidentally treat her like her, please don’t misunderstand.” He explained. ‘Or maybe I do like her because she looks like her.’

“I don’t understand teenage love these days.”

-

AN;; Oh my god! You’re all the best! Haha. LOL. This chapter might answer some of your questions, or it might just confuse you more. LOL. I must be the happiest girl in school awhile ago. =))))) EmbarrasedmyselfinfrontofmypastcrushanditstillfeltlikeIstilllikehim.