Chapter 21

Kiss And Tell

 

For a moment…

For awhile…

Maybe this time only, or maybe it’d last long,

You had saved someone’s life.

Well, maybe.

--

“It’s good to see her sleeping peacefully,” Junhyung said as he leaned on the room’s closed door with his arms crossed over his chest. You glanced at him curiously. “she always got nightmares, and we’d be worried.”

“Do you think,” You pursed your lips as you looked at him over your shoulders, sitting on the stool nearest Eunjae’s bed, “Do you think it was worth saving her life? I mean, I’ve treated her as a rival for you-know-what reason, right? Should I regret it?”

“I honestly think you have a good heart, and I know you know that. So now, you could tell the world you have helped someone else.” He said as he finally got tired of standing and grabbed the one last stool that was on the other side of the bed. “I wish you could help me be happy too…”

“What was that, oppa?” You asked as you raised an eyebrow at him, he chuckled and shook his head. He whispered the last phrase so you couldn’t hear it. “You were saying something about being happy.” His eyes widened for a moment, making you laugh; he thought you really heard what he said. “Quit being defensive, oppa.”

“It’s nothing, really.”

But deep inside, he prayed that you did hear it.

-

Hoya entered the apartment after you told him to go home and rest, he hesitated at first but you were being stubborn so he surrendered. The house was quiet again, his parents were sleeping.

He removed his shoes and went at the kitchen first, stopping as a picture frame hanging by the kitchen’s doorway caught his attention.

It was a childhood picture of him, with you.

It was taken two years after you had lived with them, he was still wearing his eyeglasses and he’s still chubby in the picture. You were smiling widely, an arm slung around him as your cheeks touched.

As he stared at the picture, something tugged at his heart.

Flashbacks of all the memories you had shared with him flashed through his mind, even the kiss. Absentmindedly, he touched his lips. As if electricity shocked him he pulled his hand away and stared at the picture before heading towards his room.

He grabbed his wallet and something that looked like an ID; he patted his pockets to feel for his cellphone before he grabbed a jacket. After that, he headed towards your room and opened the luggage to grab some random jacket, too.

He entered his parent’s room and gently tapped his mother on the cheeks, when she didn’t bulge; he started to slowly shaking her.

“Hm, what is it?” She groaned, swatting away his hand. He grinned as she opened at eye. “Why are you disturbing my sleep? Why didn’t you just wake up your father?” As if on cue, his father mumbled some words in his sleep before snoring loudly.

“Umma, I’m gonna introduce her to you later,” He mumbled, his grin slowly growing to a genuine smile. “But let me confess to her first.”

“Wha-?” Mrs. Lee sat up in confusion, “What are you talking about?” He didn’t bother answering, and instead, he kissed her cheeks and dashed out the room. “Aigoo... kids...”

-

You and Junhyung left to grab coffee from the vending machine, you walked side by side, and your hands would touch once in a while. You didn’t mind it, but Junhyung—his heart was beating terribly, he was even asking himself if you heard his heartbeat.

As you drank coffee at the balcony of the floor where you were staying, Junhyung would glance at you once in a while too.

“Have you tried confessing before?” He asked, making you turn to him curiously. “I mean, have you done it even as a joke when you were a child?” You giggled; he bit his lower lip, wondering if he asked the wrong question.

“I haven’t, but I’m saving those words for one person. I hope he does feel it too.” You sighed, you looked at the sky and your eyes widened. “Omo! A shooting star!”

Junhyung bitterly watched as you close your eyes and grinned like a cute little child asking for candy.

“What did you wish for, oppa?”

‘For me not to get hurt once I let you go.’ He thought as he just forced a smile, knowing that Hoya’s what you were thinking about all of the time.

-

AN;; Who wants some confession? LOL. =)) And new poster done by me! Tiffany there is Eunjae and Park Bo Young as You! :D Comments please. Lol. I’m losing a lot of readers XD And sorry for no BG music, too lazy ~ ^^