Chapter 1O

Kiss And Tell

You awkwardly made your way inside the Lee’s apartment, you knew the password to their lock, you quietly tip-toed inside, making sure they wouldn’t wake up from any noise that you would make.

It was a bit dark as you step-foot inside, the only lights that were on were from the kitchen, it was always left open in case someone needs to drink a glass of water at the middle of the night, or in case someone gets hungry.

You passed by the wall clock and you looked up to check what time is it, it read four-thirty in the morning, an unusual time for you to get up since school starts by eight.

You went to the kitchen and carefully grabbed the milk and poured it to the glass, in case you couldn’t sleep.

You took one last glance at the living room and the kitchen before you entered your room which was full of photos of you and Hoya, and some were photos of your mother and your father.

That’s when you suddenly remembered that you haven’t talked to your father ever since the incident and you haven’t tried talking to your mother again.

“Mommy, I miss you,” You whispered as you ran your hand on your baby photo; she was holding you tightly while smiling at the camera. “Where are you, mommy?”

Something wet suddenly dropped on your study desk, you used your finger to touch your face, and you realized you were crying. Maybe you really miss her that much.

“Mommy, where have you been?”

●●●

You realized you fell asleep on your study desk when you felt a little pain on your neck, you stretched up, and you looked at yourself through the mirror. There were still marks of tears that left your face.

“Eunjae noona? What brings you here early in the morning?” You heard Hoya’s voice as you were starting to stretch up. You blinked as you opened the door a bit slightly and took a peek.

“Oh, I’m bringing you to school, where is she?” A female voice replied, it’s obviously Eunjae from the way she spoke—so timidly, yet there’s something hidden in her voice.

“I think she’s in Junhyung hyung’s unit, I don’t know, wait, let me check.” You obviously felt hesitance in Hoya’s voice, you closed the door again and leaned on it. ‘Maybe he cares about her more, and the kiss doesn’t mean anything to him.’

You heard the main door close, the only thing you could hear was the sound of food being cooked by Mrs. Lee and the sound of the newspaper’s pages being flipped.

You sighed before you went out of your haven and sat across Mr. Lee who looked up to you before reading his papers again.

“Did something happen last night?” Mr. Lee asked, catching you off guard, you blinked at him. “You went home late.”

“Oh, miannhe, I was at Junhyung oppa’s unit next door.” You said. “I’m sorry if I worried you.”

“That’s ok, but Howon went out to pick you up. Are you avoiding him?” Mr. Lee said before dropping the papers on the table, he leaned it and eyed you closely. “Is it boy problems?”

“You’re so silly, honey, if she has boy problems, I’m the one who’s supposed to talk to her, since I’m her second mommy, right?” Mrs. Lee grinned at you as she placed the fried eggs and rice on the table. “Don’t let some stupid boy break your heart. But if it’s Hoya, I’ll disown him if he does it.”

“We’re good,” You mumbled as you tried the breakfast served. “But I think he’ll have a girl friend soon.” You bit your lower lip.

“Who? Oh, the girl earlier. Don’t worry, I don’t like her.” Mrs. Lee whispered.

“Neither do I.” Mr. Lee winked at you. “If ever Hoya introduces a girl to us, we’d rather choose you than those girls who seem to have plastic surgery.”

“Right, so don’t be jealous. And start preparing for school.” Mrs. Lee grinned at you as she tapped your shoulder. “Hwaiting.”

“Thanks auntie and uncle.”

●●●

You saw a hint of frustration, and maybe a little anger, on Eunjae’s eyes as they entered the apartment a few minutes later.

“Oh, you were here all the time.” Eunjae said as she batted her eyelashes, you wanted to throw up in front of her. “We went to Junhyung’s unit for nothing.”

“I’m going to take a bath.” You whispered as you left the dining table and went to your room, you sighed for a moment and looked at yourself at the mirror, before you straightened yourself up as the door opened and Hoya came in.

“Are you ok?” Hoya asked with a hint of concern. ‘No, I’m not. And it’s because of you.’ You wanted to shout out to him but opposed of saying it to him.

“I’m ok, still breathing.” You forced a smile towards him.

“You sure? Uhm,” He squirmed for a moment before he heaved a sigh. “About the kiss, you know it’s only a game, right? I’m sorry.”

“That’s ok, but, tell me honestly Howon. Would you choose her over me?” He blinked at you in shock before he composed himself.

“I…don’t really know.”

“If that’s what you think, then okay. I’m going to take a bath so please leave quietly.” You whispered, he opened his mouth to speak but you were already inside the bathroom.

‘She was my childhood hero…’ He thought before he spun around and exited the room.

●●●

The walk to school was silent except for the footsteps you took; Hoya actually took the ride with Eunjae to school, leaving you with Junhyung and Zico who both felt awkward, knowing that something might be wrong with you.

“Forget about him, you know that he’s a playboy, right?” Junhyung whispered as he caught up with you.

“I feel weird, like my heart’s breaking, but I know we’re not meant to be together.” You whispered as you reached the bus stop. You looked to your side as a woman in her mid-40’s stared back at you.

Her eyes reminded you of someone else’s.

“Umma?”


Finally, a little decent chapter after struggling for awhile. I think I won’t be updating tomorrow, I’d be taking a day-break. Thanks again, naeul_ unnie for the inspiring message. =))

For that, here’s a 1000+ word chapter, hopefully, I’d make something like this again on the next chapter. :D