Chapter 22

Kiss And Tell

Hoya was panting from the excitement and running when he got to hospital, completely forgetting that his other friend here was in a critical condition. He bit his lower lip; I’m not going to back out anymore. He was determined, and he would be stubborn for sure.

 He first entered Eunjae’s room. At that time, you and Junhyung were quietly chatting after going out. When the door flung open, the two of you shushed down and looked at the direction of the door, seeing Hoya in a completely different mood from earlier.

“Ho…ya?” You raised an eyebrow at him, both curious and suddenly nervous at the same time. You exchanged glances with Junhyung but he just shrugged and walked out of the room. “What’s up with your lightened up mood? Something good happened?”

“Yeah,” He began as he walked towards you and sat at the chair that Junhyung just sat on a few moments earlier. “it’s actually about you.”

 You feigned shock. “Really? Tell me about it.” You felt…happy. He was finally talking to you without those cold look in his eyes, without that smug look, he felt like a completely different person. To you, that is.

He looked around and bit his lower lip. “I actually think this is not the right place to tell you about it.” You rolled your eyes and stood up.

“Then where are we going to talk?” You asked, making a face. He chuckled amusingly as he lead the way, acting so gentleman-ish.

“Just at the rooftop, if you want.” He paused and looked sideways; he sees Junhyung and mouths something to him that you couldn’t understand. Junhyung just smirked and stared at you, you blinked at him and he just shrugged and entered the room again.

The moment you were already in the rooftop, the cold wind slapped your face. You shuddered and followed Hoya who was already leaning on the railings; you could tell he was really itching to tell you something. It was like he wanted to pee.

You leaned on the railings, too. The two of you were standing side by side, watching the night scenery of the city. Your heart was beating fast, knowing that he just beside you.

“Does it hurt, Hoya?” You surprised yourself by asking that question, he peered at you curiously. Your pursed your lips. “You changed Hoya, and I don’t know if your mood change today would be permanent. I still can’t get used to it, and it hurts.

“Hurts?” He turned to you with a surprised look in his face, you turned to face him too. You tried your best not to be hypnotized by his eyes. “You mean…you…uh…you…like like me?”

“Well isn’t it obvious?” You rolled your eyes. Sometimes Hoya could really be stupid. “I thought the kiss ruined our friendship.”

You noticed that he suddenly turned serious. “No.” He said. You raised an eyebrow at him. “I actually…uh, how can I explain this?” He mumbled to himself.

“Time’s ticking, Howon.” You mumbled as you checked your watch. “I need to be home before midnight, or your mom would freak out.”

“No, wait!” He mumbled as he looked down to the floor, his hands were inside his pocket as he drew something invisible with the tip of his foot on the ground.

“Psh, is this some kind of joke? I’m going now.” You said as you spun on your heels, but he was quick and caught your arms. The touch sent electricity to your body.

“I like you, ~~~ !” He shouted out. “And I was stupid not to realize it earlier. I’m a stupid guy; I thought it was crazy to fall for your best friend. But hey, you said you liked me too right?” Your eyes widened as you turned around, he finally sighed in relief and held on your shoulders. “Uh, even if I’m like a playboy type, I don’t…know how to confess. Am I doing the right thing?”

You chuckled; he can sometimes be too innocent, too.

“So…?”

“Can I kiss you?” He mumbled, his face turning serious again. He bit his lower lip impatiently. “Can I…?”

“You actually ask a girl if you can kiss her. Unbelievable!” You scoffed. “I need to go now, really.” You your heel again but he spun you around and caught your lips with his.

You pulled away and looked at him in shock. The kiss was magical.

“That means you’re my girlfriend already, right?” He grinned.

“I thought you liked Eunjae unnie.”

“She’s my bestfriend.” He scoffed. “Then…?”

“If you could say ‘can you be my girlfriend’ in two words, then it’s a yes.”

He contemplated for a moment, staring at the sky before his face brightened up and he smirked at you. He grabbed your hand and placed it on his palm.

He stared at you and you caught his gaze.

~~~-ah, be mine?”


Author’s Note:

Finally, I got into the confessions’ part! Kekekeke! Thanks for all the support, guys! I love you all! And INFINITE’s Be Mine MV, oh my god, they’re just so hot <3 Lol, and I don't proof-read so maybe there are some mistakes. Kekeke. :)