Chapter O1

Kiss And Tell

 

The days haven’t been better ever since your mother left for New York when you were four, your father had always come home in a drunken state, and if you’re unlucky, he would come home drunk and lost in a gamble.

He would always pour his anger on you; he was the person who had broken you physically, and emotionally. He uses whatever he sees to beat you up, and he had even attempted a ual assault, but your auntie came on time.

You have been always wondering why the cops don’t get him. He’s supposed to be in jail for child abuse, but he never gets to stay in for longer than two days.

And when you were six, you found out why. He had another woman, a rich ahjumma who pays for his release. The ahjumma likes him for his popularity, he was quite known in the town.

The woman, named Park Jin Mi, secretly stayed in your house. Your mother only comes home once or twice a year, so they don’t get caught.

Fortunately, the year after, when you turned seven, a young boy had moved on the house next to yours. His name was Lee Howon, but he preferred being called Hoya.

He was bothered by the noises coming from your house, the shouts and shrieks; moreover, he was bothered by your purple-blue bruises.

“Hey, what is that?” Hoya pointed at the side of your arm curiously. You pulled away and just forced a small smile.

“It’s nothing; I bumped into a table last night.” You said. Lies, they’re all lies. Your father’s woman had beaten you up for ruining the arrangement of the furniture. “Hey, you want to watch Pororo with me?”

“Sure, but your father looks scary. Let’s watch at home, mommy would love to meet you. You’re my best friend now, right?” He grinned. You had always admired the way he smiled.

“Yeah, let’s go watch, best friend.”

-

You stiffened up as you heard the main door to your house opening, you father was late for coming home again, meaning that he’d went out to drink, or he went to gamble.

“--------!” You heard your name being called. “-------, where’s my tea?” From the way he spoke, you knew that he was drunk.

“Coming, father.” You said in your soft voice, immediately grabbing a cup, but it accidentally slipped from your hands to the floor. “Oops.”

“What was that?! You broke a cup again?!” Your father roared.

“N-no, father, it accidentally…” He slapped your face, hard.

“You still try to lie! I saw it! You little . You’re wasting our money by breaking stuffs here! Go away!” Your father muttered.

“I’m sorry, father, I didn’t mean to do it.” You lowered your head; he cupped your chin and forced you to look into his fierce eyes. You saw his hand slowly grabbing something from behind, he raised it up and your eyes widened.

His baseball bat.

“Want me to break you into pieces, too?” He muttered.

“No, father.” You said softly.

“What? I can’t hear you. Were you cursing me?!”

“NO, father.” You said a bit loudly, you close your eyes, ready to feel the pain for answering a bit too loudly, but a pair of arms wrapped around you.

“Mr. Kim! Don’t hurt her!” A familiar male voice said, you couldn’t see his face as he buried your face to his chest.

“Who are you, young boy? And what are you doing trespassing my house?!” You gulped, you knew it was Hoya, and he was in for big trouble.

“Don’t hurt her! She’s my best friend.”

-

I wanted to do well on the first chapter, guess it didn’t work out too well.

Comments are deeply loved <3

Just like how Infinite are loved. :”)

And I won't be able to update tomorrow :|