Beautiful Night in Japan

Instaegram

"...Hi..." I nervously chuckled, covering Tiffany behind me.

"Get a room, please." Sunny scoffed.

"We are in a room," Tiffany giggled, trying to ease the tension.

"I thought last night would be enough for you two," Sunny shook her head. 

"Nope, not for me!" I proudly grinned, causing Tiffany to giggle even more.

"Ughhh gross! Hurry up and get dressed." Sunny walked over to the closet.

"I'm already dressed." I eyed her.

"I know... I meant you." She pointed towards Tiffany who walked over and stood next to her.

"Why do I need to get dressed though?" Tiffany turned her attention to Sunny.

"We're all going out today. And you're not gonna be like THAT all day are you?" Sunny turned her gaze down towards Tiffany's body.

"Can you wait outside then while she gets dressed?" I intervened. 

"Why? It's not like I've never seen her before." Sunny looked at me.

"You've seen her before?!" I walked over to them.

"Yeah, remember that time Tiffany and I both woke up late for the radio broadcast? We showered together since it'd be faster." Sunny shrugged.

"Eung, I thought I told you Taeyeon-ah." Tiffany mumbled while putting on her shirt.

"Oh....." I looked away, hurt. It was the first time I've heard of this.

"Can you be any slower?! Sooyoung said to meet downstairs by 12." Sunny jumped up and down, motioning Tiffany to hurry.

I checked the clock to see that it was already 11:50. I silently made my way out of the room and started to put on my shoes, drowning myself in my own thoughts. 

As I finished up tying my shoelaces, I heard Tiffany and Sunny approach from behind, giggling. 

I quickly made my way downstairs to the lobby where the others greeted me.

"Unni! How'd you sleep?" Seohyun was the first to ask.

"Good, good." I patted her back.

"Where's Tiffany?" Jessica came up to me.

"She's on her way down with Sunny. She'll be here soon." I answered, looking up towards Yuri who seemed jealous.

"Why do you want to know where Tiffany is? All you need is me." Yuri nudged.

"I'm just curious. They're always together, but Taeyeon came alone. Is anything wrong?" Jessica faced me.

"Nope. Where are we going?" I asked, quickly changing the topic.

"I have no idea. Where are we going?" Jessica turned her attention towards Sooyoung.

"It's a secret." Sooyoung smiled, looking at Yoona who seemed to know.

"We're probably gonna go eat." Hyoyeon joked.

"Yup!!!" Yoona exclaimed, unable to contain her excitement.

"Shhhh." Sooyoung glared at Yoona who ran towards Jessica for protection.

"Where are we eating?" Jessica pushed Yoona behind her, keeping her out of reach from Sooyoung's arms.

"A really really really good Takoyaki place." Sooyoung finally gave up.

"Again?!"

We all turned around to see Sunny walking towards us, hand in hand with Tiffany.

"Mhm! Let's go!!" Sooyoung ran out of the lobby, gesturing towards a taxi that had been waiting for us.

"Yuri-yah," I walked over to Yuri who was alone, and linked my arm with hers.

"Hm? Why aren't you with Tiffany?" Yuri looked down at me.

"I could ask you the same thing. Why aren't you with Jessica?" I questioned back.

With that, Yuri and I spent almost the entire day together. We rode the taxi together, walked together, and even ate together, sitting next to each other in the restaurant, talking about our worries and problems.

"Tiffany probably has no idea that you're mad. So what if they showered together? It's not a big deal. Don't think too much about it." Yuri tried to console me.

"I know.. but.." I tried to explain.

"But what? It's not like we haven't seen each other . We all went to the spa together before debut. Remember?" Yuri continued.

"Yeah, I know. But Tiffany and Sunny were alone, just the two of them. And she didn't tell me about it until today." I complained.

"Then it probably doesn't mean anything to her." Yuri shrugged.

"I guess.." I sighed.

"Look, if it's still bothering you by the end of the day, just talk to her about it. And for now.. cheer up." Yuri smiled, patting my back.

"Eung, thanks. I don't know what I would do without you." I smiled back.

"Come on, let's finish eating." Yuri grabbed her chopsticks.

"Wait. What happened with Sica?" I looked at her, worried. 

"It's stupid." Yuri sighed.

"No, it's not. Tell me. I want to help." I grabbed her arm.

"Alright.." She put down her chopsticks, glancing quickly at Jessica to check that she wasn't looking in our direction. 

"She's been distant lately. This happens so often that I don't even know if she likes me anymore." Yuri whispered.

"Of course she likes you. She's probably just nervous around you." I assured her.

"Why? We're always together. What's there to be nervous about?" Yuri frowned.

"From what I've seen, she gets really shy when you do that thing you do." I looked at her.

"What thing?" Yuri seemed completely lost.

"When you blatantly flirt with her in front of us haha," I giggled.

"Oh.. why? I'm just showing everyone how much I like her." Yuri shrugged. 

"I know. We all know that. But maybe Sica would rather have you do that only when it's just you two, alone, you know?" I suggested.

"Is she embarrassed of me?" Yuri turned her gaze down, mindlessly staring at the food. 

"No, she's not. Trust me. She just doesn't know how to react to it because it makes her too shy." I explained.

"Really..?" Yuri looked up at me. 

"Mhm. So you cheer up too!" I put my thumb up, finally making her laugh. 

"Haha okay, let's eat. The others are almost done!" Yuri hurriedly picked up her chopsticks and began to finish what was left on her plate.

After we finished eating, we went to an icecream store for dessert, where I continued to joke around with Yuri to cheer both of us up. 

"I'm gonna go back to the hotel to rest. Anyone coming?" Jessica stood up from her seat. 

"Go." I whispered to Yuri, who immediately stood up.

"I'm tired too. I'll go with you." Yuri walked over to Jessica, hesitantly wrapping her arm over her shoulder.

"Really?! Okay. Let's go." Jessica smiled, sliding Yuri's arm down towards her waist and holding it in place.

Yuri slightly glanced at me, surprised by Jessica's sudden action, and I simply waved goodbye, happy to see her happy.

"I'm tired too. I'm heading back." Sunny stood up from her seat.

"Me too." Yoona soon followed, along with Seohyun, Hyoyeon, and Sooyoung - who didn't forget to buy more icecream before leaving.

Within a matter of seconds, everyone was gone - except for Tiffany.

I stood up from my seat to walk over to her.

"You're leaving too?" Tiffany looked up at me.

"No..." I replied, taking a seat beside her.

"What's wrong? Why have you been ignoring me all day?" Tiffany finally asked.

I could see the sadness in her eyes. 

"Um, can we go somewhere else to talk?" I glanced towards the cashier who had been trying to take a picture of us.

"Sure." Tiffany took my hand in hers and led me out.

We walked in complete silence, hand in hand, looking for a private place to talk until we finally reached an empty street.

I took a deep breath and finally turned to face Tiffany, looking directly into her eyes.

"To be completely honest...I'm really hurt right now. I tried to stop thinking about it but I just couldn't and it's really bothering me." I finally let out.

"Why? What's wrong? Is it something I did? What did I do?" Tiffany frantically asked, worried. 

"I don't know. Maybe I'm just jealous.. or .. I don't know.. really. I had no idea Sunny and you showered together until today." I sighed.

"Oh... I really thought I told you. I guess I didn't. I'm sorry." Tiffany intertwined her fingers with mine.

".. I'm just being stupid. It's not your fault." I immediately regretted everything I had just told her. It wasn't anything to be mad about.

I turned my gaze away from her eyes, fidgeting with my feet.

"Taeyeon-ah, it's not stupid. Look at me." She tilted my head back up.

"I love you and only you. And I love the other girls too, of course, but in a different way. I don't care if they hug me. I don't care if they hold my hand. I don't care if they kiss me. And I definitely don't care if they're . I mean, of course I care, but not in the same way I care for you." She pulled me in, wrapping her arms around me in a tight embrace. 

"Do you feel how fast my heart is beating right now? This only happens when I do this with you. And I really hope you never think otherwise. I hate seeing you get hurt. And I'm so sorry I made you feel that way today. I didn't mean it. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me." I could hear her voice choking.

"Ppani-ah. I'm sorry.. don't cry." I hugged her tighter before pulling away to wipe her tears.

"Gosh, Taeyeon. Why'd you have to ruin the mood?" Tiffany looked up with a faint smile on her face, tears still forming in her eyes. 

I looked up to see the night sky covered with cherry blossoms glimmering in light. It was beautiful.

"I'm sorry." I turned my gaze back to Tiffany.

"No, I'm sorry. Stop apologizing and kiss me already." She pulled me in, taking my lips into hers.

I hugged her even tighter, lengthening the kiss before she pulled away.

"Wae?" I pouted.

"Aren't you gonna Instagram this?" Tiffany shyly giggled.

"Oh right!" I took a quick picture and uploaded it onto my account in memory of everything that had happened today - from the stupid fight to Tiffany's heartfelt confession up to now, where we stood, enjoying yet, again, another beautiful night in Japan.