My Mom's Nail

Instaegram

"Surprise!!" I yelled as I walked into my house.

"Kim Taeyeon! Why are you so late?!" My mom ran over to me and embraced me in a tight hug.

"Hi, long time no see! Hug me too~" Tiffany smiled widely, pulling my mom away from me. 

"I haven't seen you in ages! Come here, my precious baby~" My mom's face lit up as she pulled Tiffany in for a hug. 

"Sorry, I was busy... and wow Umma! You look more happy to see her than to see me!" I joked.

"You're always busy.. and she's adorable, look at her!" She proceeded to squeeze Tiffany's cheeks together.

"Hehe I know and she's mine." I grinned, proudly.

"Nope, she's mine for today." My mom possessively pulled Tiffany in for another hug.

"But.. I promised to do your nails for you today, remember?" I pouted.

"Oh right, haha oops sorry! I forgot for a second. Wow I wish Hayeon was home so you could just play with her and I could play with Ppani." She scoffed.

"Hul...I'm hurt." I turned away from her.

"I'm just kidding, you know how much I love you." She wrapped her arm around me, hugging both me and Tiffany tightly.

"Hehe..wait why isn't Hayeon home today?" I asked, breaking away from the embrace.

"She went to school. Taeyeon, just because you're on break right now..  doesn't mean everyone else is." She nudged, stifling her laughter.

"Oh, right oops. What about Appa and Jiwoong oppa?" I chuckled, scratching the back of my head.

"Your dad's at work and Jiwoong's upstairs. I don't understand how he's sleeping through all this noise." She turned her gaze towards the ceiling.

"Let's go say hi!" Tiffany finally spoke up. 

"Okay, Umma, we'll be right back!" I grabbed Tiffany's hand and we made our way upstairs.

*Knock* *Knock*

"Who is it?" 

Ahh, I missed this.

"Oppa, it's me!" I yelled, silencing Tiffany and hiding her behind my petite body. 

The door immediately swung open and upon seeing my brother, I smiled happily.

"You're home!" He smiled back and leaned in to hug me before abruptly pausing.

"Wait, who's that behind you?" He tried to peek but Tiffany played along and tried her best to hide herself.

"Mm...just one of our members, no big deal." I shrugged, causing Tiffany to pinch my stomach.

"Oh, I know who it is." He grinned.

"Who who who?!" I teased.

"Miyoung, come out come out." He started to laugh hysterically.

"Hehehe hi oppa!" Tiffany popped out from behind.

"How'd you know?" I looked up at him.

"Who else would you bring home? You guys are cute~" He pushed my head towards Tiffany's, causing us to bump.

"Ow." We both glared at him, causing him to laugh even more.

"Hahaha gosh! Taeyeon, why can't you bring someone else over? I'm tired of seeing Miyoung all the time." He stared back.

"Why? Is there someone in particular you want to see? And don't call me Miyoung. Only Taetae can call me that." Tiffany retaliated.

"Only I can call this little one Taetae. It's my personal nickname for her, MIYOUNG-AH." He mocked.

"Okay okay, calm down. Don't fight over me~" I stood in between them.

"We're not fighting over you Taetae," Jiwoong oppa pushed me away.

"Hul. Fine then. I'm never ever going to bring Seohyun over." I shot back.

"HAHAHA, you like Seohyun!? Oppa, she's too young for you!" Tiffany started to laugh.

"Uhh.. no it's not that. I just think she's cute, especially these days. I just want to meet her and be friends with her." He chuckled nervously.

"Be friends with her.... and then date her?!" Tiffany continued, giggling uncontrollably.

"No! Maybe an oppa-dongseng relationship?" He tried to explain.

"Pft, that's what they all say when they're actually dating." Tiffany scoffed.

"What are you two going to say if an article ever comes up about your relationship?" He joked.

"Mm..I honestly have no idea. I don't think I'd deny it though." Tiffany blushed.

"Me too!" I jumped, causing both of them to laugh.

"Haha too adorable...No need to blush though, Miyoung-ah." He patted Tiffany's head, messing up her hair.

"Aish, oppa!" She yelled as she tried to reach for his head.

"Jiwoong, stop bothering the girls!" My mom walked towards Tiffany and started to fix her hair for her.

"I'm not! They bothered me first." He pointed at us.

"Uh, that's kind of true.." I chuckled, causing him to flash a bright smile at me. 

"Ugh, whatever. Girls, let's go." She pulled both of us away from Jiwoong oppa's room.

"Bye oppa! I'll see you later!" I waved and Tiffany soon followed. 

"Bye Taetae! And bye Miyoung-ah!" He laughed heartily before walking back into his room.

"I'm going to get him next time." Tiffany gritted her teeth.

"Aww, don't be mad Miyoung-ah~" I pouted as cutely as I possibly could, causing her to smile. 

"Kim Taeyeon, stop flirting with your girlfriend and do my nails for me~" My mom imitated my pout, making all three of us burst into laughter. 

As soon as we made our way to the living room, I ran towards my bag to get all my supplies.

I laid down all the different types of nail polish along with the various types of decorations I had prepared for today.

"Wow, you planned a lot for this. I'm impressed!" My mom smiled.

"Of course. Anything for you, Umma." I flashed my nails at her, forgetting that I had erased the polish off earlier.

"Eh? Why are you showing me your hands?" She looked at me, confused.

"Oh, oops." I quickly put them down.

"She did her nails before we came here so that she could proudly show you her art. But.. she ended up erasing it because I suggested it was a better idea to just do her nails with you." Tiffany grinned, nudging me slightly.

"Ohhh, aww how sweet of you Taeyeon-ah! And how sweet of you Ppani-ah!" She patted our backs.

"Hehe, let's get started!" I clapped my hands together in excitement.

"What color do you want as the base?" I asked ecstatically.

"Mm... this one!" She pointed towards the ivory-colored nail polish.

"Okay!" I opened it and carefully applied it onto her nails.

"What now?" My mom held her hands up in the air, marveling at her ivory-colored nails.

"Wait until they dry and I'll decorate them for you!" I pulled her hands down and started to blow air on them.

"Ppani-ah, should I paint your nails too?" I turned my attention to Tiffany who was just sitting there, watching, and smiling. 

"Sure! I want this color. It's y." She winked before pointing at the red-colored nail polish labeled Rouge Andalou.

"Heh okay," I chuckled nervously, glancing at my mom to make sure she didn't catch what Tiffany had just said.

"Taeyeon-ah, it's fine. Don't mind me~" My mom assured, watching intently over us as I carefully painted each nail.

"There! Done." I smiled.

"Thank you, Taetae." Tiffany smiled back.

"Taetae? I haven't heard that in a really long time haha Taetae!! Mine are all dry!" My mom chirped.

I looked through all my supplies until I found something that could perfectly match her now ivory-colored nails. 

I finished decorating each nail to the best of my abilities.

"Wow, it's beautiful!" My mom marveled again, making me feel happier than ever.

I took out my phone and gestured my mom to put her hands down on the table so that I could take a picture of them.

"Hm? Why?" She seemed confused.

"I'm going to put it up for the whole world to see!" I remarked.

"Oh alright." She grinned, proudly placing her hands down for me. 

I quickly took a picture and uploaded it onto Instagram, letting everyone know of my special gift to her.

"Thanks, you're the best. I love you." She pulled me in for a hug.

"I love you too Umma." I smiled, hugging her tightly.