The Instagram Thing

Instaegram

*Click*

"There!" Tiffany chirped.

"Thank you hehe," I remarked as I made my way back to her.

"Wait, what's wrong with you today? You hate it when I take pictures of you." She frowned.

"I'm going to put it up on Instagram as my first post!" I replied.

"What?! Since when did you have an Instagram?" She asked, alarmed.

"Since today. You were taking too long to get ready and I got bored.." I stared at her.

"WOW. It only took me like an hour!" She laughed while pinching my arm.

"I'm just kidding haha, I thought it would be a good way to connect with my fans," I smiled.

"Aww, you're so sweet," She smiled back. 

"Hehe, stop. You're embarrassing me. Let's go, Ppani-ah. I want to be there as long as possible!" I quickly took her hand in mine and started running towards our car.

We entered the van and took a seat in the back, behind our stylist unni.

"Hey, did you girls sleep well?" Unni asked.

"Mhmm, veryyyy well" I winked.

"Sorry, she's being weird again," Tiffany glared as she hit my arm.

"Haha it's okay. I like seeing you girls like this. You know, you two should just go alone. Why am I even going with you? Disneyland is a place for COUPLES where couples do couple things." She nudged.

"I know I know. Of course we want to go together, just us two. But I don't think we're all that ready yet to reveal our relationship," I replied, slightly disappointed.

"Eung, I mean, I want to. But it's a risk, and a huge one at that, especially for our group as a whole.." Tiffany sighed.

"Makes sense. BUT I'll try to leave you two alone time to time. I don't want to third-wheel on your date." Unni assured.

"Thank you hehe," I smiled as I unlocked my phone to upload my very first picture on Instagram.

"I don't think you're going to be the problem, unni. Taeyeon's too busy with Instagram to spend time with me," Tiffany jeered.

"Taeyeon. You're on a date. What are you doing playing with your phone?" Unni asked while gesturing for my phone.

"It's for the fans! I'm trying to reach out." I looked at her. 

"You can do that AFTER your date. Here, give it." She said sternly as she took my phone and put it in her bag.

"Okay, we're here! Have fun and call me when you guys are done!" Our manager yelled as he dropped us off.

We got off the car and Tiffany immediately reached for my hand. I pulled away and walked towards our stylist unni.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"Nothing." I replied and continued to walk in silence.

"Is it the whole Instagram thing?" She asked, again.

".... I was just trying to reach out to my fans." I sighed.

"Look. Tiffany was just joking with you and I made a big deal out of it. I'll give you your phone back later, but come on. We're at Disneyland, the happiest place on Earth. Stop fighting over something stupid and just enjoy yourselves." She grumbled.

"Whatever." I replied, still angry at the fact that Tiffany could do that to me.

"Oh, let's go over there!" 

I looked over to see Tiffany running to a souvenir shop and putting on a pair of mouse ears over her hair. 

You're so adorable. But no, I'm still mad at you..

"Aw, so cute. Get this one." Tiffany remarked as she put a small hat on top of my head.

"Kay," I replied nonchalantly.

"Taeyeon-ah. What's wrong?" She asked.

"Nothing." I sighed as I walked away from her after purchasing the hat.

The entire day went on like this. Tiffany continuously asking me what was wrong, Unni forcing me to enjoy every second of it, and me, unable to forgive Tiffany. 

"I'm going to leave you two alone now since it's dark out," Unni mentioned while finishing her burger.

"No, it's okay. You should stay," I replied. 

"No Taeyeon. You're coming with me." Tiffany grabbed my hand, pulling me out of my seat.

We walked in silence for a couple of minutes before reaching a ferris wheel.

"Get in." Tiffany gestured, furrowing her eyebrows in frustration.

I went in and sat opposite her.

"Tell me what's wrong. I didn't choose to take you to Disneyland to fight." She frowned.

"Nothing." I replied, looking away from her. 

"No stop. I know something's wrong. Otherwise, you wouldn't be like this." Her voice trembled.

"Okay. Look. To be completely honest, I was so disappointed in you after what happened in the car this morning." I finally let out.

"What? The Instagram thing?" She asked, perplexed.

"Yes.. I was trying to help us, our SNSD members, get closer to our fans. But you..." I sighed.

"But I what? Complained to our stylist unni about it?" She asked again.

"Eung." I replied, looking out the window. 

"Taeyeon. I was just kidding. Of course I understand why you would want to open up an Instagram account." Tiffany assured.

"I know it was just a joke, but still. It really hurt." I looked up at her.

"Ahew. Okay, let me tell you something. Unni doesn't have your phone." She sighed.

"What? Did she lose it? Where is it?" I asked, surprised.

"Here." She replied as she took it out of her bag and handed it over to me.

I looked at her, completely confused.

"I took it from Unni after she took it from you." She started to explain.

"Huh? Why?" I asked.

"Don't get mad, okay?" She looked worried.

"Okay." I replied.

"Honestly, I was really excited that you decided to open up an Instagram account. But when I saw how excited you were to put up that picture of yourself, it made me kind of sad." She let out.

"So you took my phone? I don't get it." I tried to put my thoughts together but it didn't make any sense. 

"Eung. After you posted it up, I wanted to see our fans' reactions." She replied.

"What'd they say?" I asked.

"Look for yourself." She pointed at a comment.

It read:  [Where is Tiffany unni? Taeyeon unni, take a picture with her please!]

"See that? They want a picture of us together. And that's what I wanted. I was really hoping that you would ask to take a picture together and use that as your first post." Tiffany continued.

"I was going to ask you later. Of course I want a picture of us two on my Instagram. Why wouldn't I?" I got up and sat next to her.

"But it wouldn't be your first post. Shouldn't your first post be something really special?" She looked at me.

"Ppani-ah. It is something special. It marks our first attempt to date publicly and I'm sorry I ruined it today." I sighed as I took her hand in mine.

"Oh.. is that why you wrote that as your caption?" She asked.

"Mhm. I want to be free - to be with you, to take you out on dates, and to show the world how much you really mean to me - but I know I cant." My voice trembled as tears started to form around my eyes.

"Come here." Tiffany sighed as she wiped away my tears and embraced me.

"Hing. I'm sorry I ruined our date today.." I mumbled.

"No, it's okay. It's all my fault, I'm sorry. I should've known." She lifted my chin up and looked at me intently.

"Maybe I should just get rid of it. My Instagram account." I suggested sincerely. 

"No, don't. It really is a good idea and the thought and effort you put into it amazes me so much. And...we can use it to drop hints about our relationship," Tiffany winked, trying to make me feel better.

"Haha okay, thanks for understanding. You're the best really." I smiled.

"Anything for you." She replied as she leaned in to kiss me.

"I love you Ppani-ah." I giggled.

"I love you too and I always will." She smiled before leaning in to kiss me again. 

Thank you Ppani. And thank you, Instagram hehe.