This is the shortest my hair has ever been in my life

Instaegram

                                            

I scrolled through my fans' comments, looking for something - anything, that would explain Tiffany's behavior.

[I liked your pepero hair!]

Pepero hair? Is that what they call it? Hehe.

[You're pretty with any kind of hair <3]

Aww so sweet my Sone, I like you.

[Cut it unnie, I really like you with short hair ^^]

Short hair? That's what Ppani said.. maybe she really does want me to just have shorter hair.

*Knock knock*

"Taeyeon-ah? Open up." Tiffany's voice interrupted my thoughts.

"What?" I pulled the door open and stood there, waiting for her response.

"Are you mad..?" Her voice grew soft.

"No." I responded blatantly, avoiding her gaze.

"...I'm sorry. I didn't mean what I said. I was just -"

"I'm hurt." I blurted out, half-unwilling but half-wanting her to know.

"Tae.." She pulled me out of the bathroom and led me to sit on the bed with her.

"Do you really not like my hairstyle? Is that it? Do you want me to cut it short?" I spoke out - my eyes glued to my phone.

"No it's not that. Let me explain." Her eyes followed my every movement.

"Do you like this? You want me to cut it this short?" I asked, showing her a picture of myself on my phone. 

"No Taeyeon-ah. Listen to me." She sighed.

"Yeah this looks nice. Let's see what our fans say. Everyone likes me better with short hair anyways." I scoffed as I uploaded it onto my Instagram.

"Kim Taeyeon!" She yelled, startling me.

"What?!" I finally snapped.

"Listen. I told you, I didn't mean what I said. Let me explain myself. Please?" Her voice softened.

"Go ahead." I replied coldly.

"First of all, I'm sorry. I apologize. I let my emotions get the best of me and I said things to you that I shouldn't have. Things that I didn't mean." She searched my eyes for a response.

"I don't have a problem with your hair Taeyeon. I really don't. If I did, I would be a really bad girlfriend. Truth is.. a few days ago, I was talking to Sunny about our date plans for next month and she mentioned that you already made plans to meet up with Noeul from Rainbow. And how you two used to be close friends and stuff. This is true right?" She paused as I nodded in response.

"Yeah so.. I was going to ask you about it but I kept forgetting until now...Until we were fooling around and your face got covered with your hair.. and for a split second, I swear you really did look like Jisook.. and that got me to think about Rainbow.. and Noeul. And how.. a month from now, you were going to go hang out with her, just the two of you, instead of going on a date with me like we usually do." She lowered her gaze as her hands began fidgeting with the bed covers.

"And.. that's why I complained to you about your hair. I know, this is all really stupid but I didn't want you to know how jealous and angry I was so I blamed it on your hair for reminding me of everything. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. Taeyeon?" She looked up at me, waiting for me to answer.

"Ppani-ah. You should've just confronted me from the start. You know.. I thought something was really wrong with my hair. I thought something was wrong with me. I thought you were getting tired of me or something. I was just so confused and hurt..." I let out honestly.

"Mianhae... I couldn't help but think of the possibility that you would replace me with her.. she is your close childhood friend after all. I was afraid Taeyeon-ah.. I still am.." She sighed, looking into my eyes intently.

"Tippani. I would never replace you for anyone, whoever it may be. You'll always be my best friend and wife for eternity. We promised each other remember?" I smiled softly, realizing that this whole situation wasn't as big as I had thought it to be.

"You remember our promise.." A soft smile crept over her face.

"Of course I do. So whatever happens, don't ever feel afraid of losing me. Okay? I'll always be with you, even if death do us part." I grabbed her hand and squeezed it tightly.

"Me too Taeyeon-ah. Thank you.. I.. love you. I really do." She pulled me into a tight hug.

"I love you too." I tightened our embrace before planting a light kiss on the crown of her head.

I'll keep our promise forever.