Chapter 23

The face I fell in Love with

When Donghae woke up it was late after mid-day.He found Heechul sleeping smugly on the bed next to his and woke him up so they could both go back to class. “Wow I didn’t know that the nurses couch was this comfortable.” “I know right?” “We found a new place where we could slack off.”Donghae laughed and patted Heechul on the back and then realized what lesson they had next and his face turned white. “We have math next…” “Oh .Run before he gets to class!” They both ran to class and when they entered they found that devil of their teacher waiting for them with two fresh pieces of chalk in his hands and guess who got hit by them…the right answer is Donghae and Heechul.

A week had passed and it was now Friday again.When school was over Donghae passed with his bike in front of Eunhyuk’s house.He didn’t even know why he rode in front of it when he could have went the other way and arrived home faster.To his surprise he found Tiffany in the door way and when she saw him she waved at him and then called for him to come and talk to her. “Hey noona.Are you okey?” “Yeah I’m fine.You?” “I’m good too.” “Well Dong…” she bit her lip and looked to the air as if trying to remember something. “Ah.” She exclaimed and then took out a paper from her back pocket and read something from it. “Donghae. Right?” “Yep that’s me.” “Well Donghae I would like to talk to you but first would you like to come somewhere with me?” “Me?With noona??” “Yeah.Why you don’t want to?” “No I’ll come!” “Good.Then let’s go.” Tiffany closed the door behind her and started walking.Where were to the two of them going, Donghae didn’t know but he was happy to accompany her.It was the first time he had been alone with her after that one time when she was drunk and he felt like this was his leading to something else.

“So…You don’t come over at our house anymore huh?” “Huh?...Oh yeah I was busy…with school and Henry.” “Who’s Henry?” “My younger brother.He just moved in with us about a month ago and he started school this week.” “Oh I see.How’s he doing?” “Extremley well.I still can’t believe he got a boyfriend after a week of being here.” “Your brother’s a pro.” “Hah tell me about it.Well he says that they’re not officially together yet but I’m sure they are.” “Aren’t you going to ask me?” “About what?” “About Eunhyuk?” “…How is he?” “He’s okay I guess. Got better from his cold but he has another sickness now.” “He’s sick again???Why doesn’t he take care of himself?!Please take care of him well noona.” “I try the best that I can but I’m rarely home so I was kinda depending on you for a bit to take care of him.You were always together so I thought that you could take care of him but I see that you have your own problems as well.” Donghae didn’t know what to say.He didn’t want to say anything that could give Tiffany the hint that he felt sad to be beside him since they had kissed but maybe had he already told her? Was she disgusted by them?

“We have a new pet now.” “A pet?” “Yeah…A rat.” “It’s not a rat noona!It’s a mouse.” “Hah you guys had the same reaction when I said rat.He said he was going to keep it for a reason.” “So he’s doing good.” “It’s a she Eunyuk says and yes that little er has gotten really fat and plumpy.” “I wonder why he’s keeping her.” “We’re here.” Tiffany said as she stopped in the same bar/strip club that he and Heechul had visited the last time. “Noona?Why are we here?” “Don’t worry it hasn’t turned into a strip club yet so you’re safe.” “Phew.Hyukk- I mean Eunhyuk told me to stay away form here so I should probably g-“ “No come in I want you to meet someone.” “Umm.Ok but don’t tell Eunhyuk.” Tiffany chuckled and went inside with Donghae following beside her.It was much different than it was last time. It had more light and people were sitting at tables drinking coffee and talking quietly.She went over to the counter and called for someone and soon a pretty young girl came out of the back of the shop.

Donghae thought that he was seeing a model she was so pretty and he felt dazed for a moment there.She was around his age and she had pretty long curly hair. ‘Looks like I have a thing for curly hair.’ He thought to himself as he remembered how pretty Tiffany looked when she was younger aswell.The girl stopped in front of them and with a bright smile she greeted the both of them. “Hello unni and her friend.” “Hey yoona.Still working?” “Yes I just finished.I’m getting the hang of working and going to school now.” “Good to hear.Oh by the way this is Donghae. Donghae this is yoona.” “H-hey yoona.” “Hello Donghae.It’s nice to meet you.” “You too.” “You guys are of the same age so you can hang out.Yes?” “W-what do you mean hang out?” Donghae said as his face turned a darker shade of red. “Yoona here doesn’t have any friends and she wanted me to find her some friends.You’re the only young person I know.You wouldn’t mind hanging out with her now would you?” “Oh uhm no…” “Good then it’settled you guys have fun. See you tomorrow.” Tiffany just waved at them and then left without giving Donghae another look.It was awkward between them at first.They both didn’t know what to say and were shy in front of each other.Well more Donghae than her.She just smiled at him and then said “So Donghae. Do you mind coming with me to the mall?I really want to make good friends with you so?” “Yeah.I’ll come!” Donghae said without thinking it twice ‘Good this is my chance to forget about Hyukkie.She’ll help keep me distracted from him.I can just go out with her.She looks really pretty and nice too.’ “You’re cute Donghae.I think we’ll get along well just don’t be so shy around me okay?I won’t bite you.” “Ok.I’ll try.” “Wait for me.I’ll go change and get my bag.I’ll be out in a sec.” “Ok.Take your time and don’t rush.”

Donghae was feeling very excited to have a friend who’s a girl.He talked to the girls in his class but they didn’t really like him.Even though he and Heechul acted like they had a lot of girls and stuff his female classmates knew they were both faking it.They had both never hung out with girls but only with each other and all they ever did was play games at stupid arcades and read magazines about cars. Yeah really playboyish.

Donghae couldn’t deny this.He had fun hanging out with Yoona and he was already very comfortable with her.She was very friendly with him and all and he liked spending the day with her though this felt more like a date then going out with a friend.As he took her home they both stopped in front of her house and she asked him “Can we swap phone numbers? I’d really like to hang out with you again sometime.”  “Yeah sure.” Donghae and Yoona both took out their cell phones and they exchanged their numbers. “Call me when ever you’re free okay?” “Yes I will.See you soon Donghae.” “Bye.” Donghae said and then left and went home feeling very happy.