Chapter 44

The face I fell in Love with

“Happy Birthday to Hyung.Happy Birthday to Hyung. Happy Birthday, happy birthday. Happy Birthday to Hyuuung.” Henry and Zhou-mi sang together as Donghae stared at them grumpily but still with a small smile on his face.They had prepared a small cake for him with candels shaped with the numbers one and eight and everything but he wasn’t in the mood to eat cake.They both gave him a present and a card and he thanked them deeply but was disappointed when they had told him that they were going out themselves. He just sighed and nodded. ‘Another birthday on my own’ he thought to himself as he sat on the sofa and the TV. Heechul had been forced to go on another fishing trip with his father so no late night movie marathon with him. His mother wasn’t there either. She usually would be at work till late on his birthday and came back when he was asleep but this time she was sent on a business trip instead of her boss and this was her chance to shine.He couldn’t act all spoiled and throw a tantrum now could he. His dad? His dad was currently enjoying his one month honeymoon. If he had only used that money to care of Henry and his mother better he would be the happiest son ever but he sent him a lousy gift voucher of fifty bucks.Lucky him, but at least he remembered right?

“I wonder what Hyukkie is doing right now.” He said feeling all lonely and bored as he flicked his tv to another channel. He decided to watch a movie with a sad love story and sob himself to sleep tonight. A lovely way to spend your birthday if I must say so. “W-why was I so mean to him?”he said at the end of the movie. “He just wanted to take me out to a lovely place.*Sob sob * He cares so much for me and I love him too.He’s such a gentleman aswell.This is the worst birthday ever and to top it off this stupid rain won’t stop falling”He punched the sofa and suddenly he heard it *ROARR* “AHHHH.” He screamed as he fell to the ground and turned himself into a ball while he continued to cry and scream out of fear. “OH MY GOD I’M GONNA DIE ALL ALONE.” He screamed out loud as a thunder hit one of the electrical poles and his lights went out. He crawled under the coffee table shivering and still sobbing hoping that someone would come and save him from all this darkness and give him warmth and happiness again. “I-I have to get light.” He said to himself. No one was coming to help him and he won’t just give up even though he was scared less.

He slid out from under the coffee table and started crawling on the floor towards the kitchen where they usually kept the candles. He crawled and crawled until his knees were sore and probably a little bruised aswell.He made his way to the kitchen and ran to the cupboard were they kept them and took a couple out and he tried looking for some matches aswell and thank goodness he found them immediatly. He lit a bunch of candles up and crawled back to the living room while pushing the candles on the floor in front of him.When he was in the living room he got back in his hiding place and covered himself with the cushions that were on the couch building a small fort. “I hope I don’t set this place on fire!”he said as he heard the thunder again shivering as he held his knees. *BAM BAM BAM* Donghae’s eyes grew bigger and bigger with each time someone slammed against his door. “AHHHHHH” he yelled at the top of his lungs as he grabbed one of the candles and abruptly stood up making the cushions fall all around him including on the other candels.

He heard somone slamming their hands on his window this time and when he looked up he found a drenched man with a killer look and Donghae could’ve sworn he saw a knife in his hand. “I’m gonna be murdered.” He cried as he tried to get up but thr other male’s stare was just too terryfing that he stayed put and looked up while crying, ignoring the fire that was forming behind him.

“DONGHAE! HAE!!” The person yelled from the window as thunder light was seen from behind him. Donghae continued crying whilst looking at the man who was becoming more and more recognizeable to him with each second that passed. “Open the door. There’s a fire!!” “H-hyukkie?” Donghae said as he blinked at the man in front of him and started crying. “Yes Hae it’s me. Please open the door.” Eunhyuk said as Donghae slowly stood up and made it to the door shakily. When he opened the door Eunhyuk ran inside and hugged Donghae in his arms asking if he’s okay while the latter just nodded. “Hae do you have a fire extinguisher?!” “Yes in the kitchen.” Donghae nodded in a panicky mode realizing for the first time that the cushions were set on fire. Eunhyuk ran to the kitchen and he got the fire extinguisher and then ran to the living room to put out the fire.

After the fire was out he looked back at Donghae and huged him again kissing his forehead. “Are you okay baby?” “No. I thought I was gonna die.” Donghae cried in the other’s chest. “It’s okay baby. I’m here now. I’ll protect you, I promise.” He comforted the other and kissed his forehead till he was calmed down. “You’re all wet Hyukkie.” Donghae said as he touched the other’s cold skin. “I ran all the way here when I found out that Henry wasn’t at home.” “Why did you? I was so mean to you.” “I don’t care about that Hae. I love you too much to let you be on your own in this storm.And it’s your Birthday too.” He kissed his forehead again and the latter smiled happily. “Thank you Hyukkie and I’m sorry for being an torwards you.” “It’s okayy baby. Can you lend me some clothes? I think I’m already turning into an ice cube.” “Haha of course Hyukkie. Come with me.” Eunhyuk grabbed his hand and they went to Donghae’s room together where Donghae gave him so clothes. Eunhyuk changed in the same room too worried to let the younger on his own seeing he had almost burnt his house because of the thunder. He wiped the water off his body and dried his hair while Donghae stared at him. “Hae?Why are you so quiet?” Eunhyuk asked while giving Donghae his back. “I just *cough cough*.I was looking at something.” “What are you looking at that grabbed your attention so much?” “The...Tv.” “Oh. You do have a nice Tv in your room.” Donghae continued looking at Eunhyuk’s bare muscular back.

Eunhyuk continued drying his skin when suddenly he felt a two smaller hands touching his back. These hands quickly entangled themselves with his waist and all of a sudden he was being hugged from behind. “Hae?” “I missed you Hyukkie.”Donghae said as he rested his head on his back. Eunhyuk smiled and the turned around hugging him from the front and then whispered into his ear. “Happy Birthday Hae. Thank you for being born.” Donghae chuckled and then neared Eunhyuk’s lips. “Can I?” “You shouldn’t even ask.” Eunhyuk said and then he kissed him deeply and then trailed some kisses on his neck. “Let’s sleep. Donghae said as he let go of Eunhyuk. “Put on your shirt or you’ll catch a cold.” “Oh. Ok.”

Donghae climbed shakily on his bed and afterEunhyuk put on his shirt he followed behind him and they both covered themselves with the bed sheet. “Didn’t you have work tonight?” “I ran away from work. I think I’m gonna start looking for another one. So I would be working in the morning.” “Really?” “Yeah. I’d be able to meet up with you at night too not just only Sunday.” “That would be great Hyukkie.” Donghae said he hugged Eunhyuk in bed. They didn’t say anyting for a while. They were both trying to sleep and shut out the thunder storm but they both couldn’t for some reason.