Chapter 9

My Roommate is A BOY?!

Baekhyun's POV~

I sat in class listening to the teacher explain a project we were going to be working on in class.

"...you will need to find 1 girl and 1 boy, whether they go to this school or not, and give them a makeover for our annual school fashion show. We will be working with the fashion folks on the other side of the building, in other words, you will be paired up with one of the student's in the fashion field," our professor said. I perked up at the last sentence and immediately thought of Sarang. "They should be heading over here now."

I looked at the door to see girls piling in the small classroom; a class full of 30 to 60. I looked at all the unfamiliar faces of the new students who entered and didn't see Sarang at all.

"You will be paired up, so if you have anyone you want to work with then say it now or else we will choose for you," my professor said as I was still looking for Sarang when I saw someone's arm go up from behind the group of girls at the front.

"I want to work with Byun Baekhee," I heard her voice. I could tell that she was pushing herself through and suddenly made her appearance at the front. "I would like to work with Byun Baekhee."

"Baekhee?" my professor said looking up at me as I smiled at her and nodded. "Okay then. Anyone else?"

The other girls started choosing their partners and so our professors started going more into detail on our project.

"You will have 2 weeks to prepare everything. It's always better to find your models first to get a better view at how their style may be, then sketch your outfits for the models and lastly, look at how you'll be doing the makeup for them," Sarang's professor said. "If you are not prepared by the day of the fashion show then you will not only be disqualified, but recieve an automatic failing grade."

"So please don't procrastinate because 2 weeks goes by fast," my professor said and with that, we were dismissed.

Sarang and I were walking in the school courtyard, then took a seat in the shade of a tree. I sighed and tapped my chin.

"How exactly do we look for our models? Do we just go to random girls and guys, asking them to be our models?" I asked as she nodded. "As simple as that?"

"Yeah, we just go to random people and ask them if they want to be pretty for one day," she replied. "It shouldn't be too hard."

"Should we start now then?" I asked as she nodded. We stood up and left school grounds to find any girl or guy on the streets of Seoul.

"Since we are doing a fashion show, the girl should be tall," Sarang suggested looking at every single girl that passed by. "She should also be able to walk well in heels, something that isn't too dramatic and also, she should be fit too; not too thin. The male model, should also be tall and have broad shoulders."

I nodded in agreement because it was true, we needed a male and female who was perfect for a fashion show. We decided to observe in a cafe, taking a seat by the window to "hunt."

"That girl seems like a good match, she's tall and pretty-"

"But she's too thin," Sarang interrupted me. "She needs some meat on her."

I snickered and looked back out the window for someone else.

"Oh~ that guy there," Sarang said pointing at a man across the street in his work suit. He was tall, muscular, had broad shoulders and even nice skin, but we still couldn't see his face clearly because of the shades he was wearing. "He's perfect!"

"But you haven't even see his features yet," I pointed out. "What if he's ugly."

"How can a man like that be ugly?" she asked and we looked at him again when he took off his shades. I heard a gasp escape . "H-how can a man like that have such deep wrinkles?"

"He looks really old," I stated. "See, you shouldn't choose a person because of how good their body is. He looks like he's in his 40s."

"We weren't given an age limit anyways," Sarang said with a sigh. "Why is this so hard just to find a perfect model?"

I tapped my chin and thought of two models that may be perfect for us.

"How about Sora?" I asked, having Sarang perk up. "She's tall, not too thin and is always wearing heels. You know how much she likes to strut and catwalk too. Not only that, but she has the face of a model."

"That's true," she said. "Aish, why didn't we think of that earlier? Instead we were stalking girls for an hour."

I chuckled and sipped my coffee. "For the male model though, I was thinking we could use Chanyeol."

"Chanyeol oppa?" Sarang asked as I nodded. "He's perfect~! But will he be able to do it?"

"He can and will do anything," I assured her.

-------------

"I can't do that!!!" Chanyeol shouted with round eyes. "I have stage fright!"

"Stage fright? Since when, huh?!" I asked him as he bit his bottom lip like a child. I was still dressed as a girl while Sarang had come with me, but she stayed with the others in the living room.

"Just today," he mumbled then looked at me. "Yah! How do you expect me to walk in front of all  those girls?!"

"There will be guys there too! It's an open event!" I shouted, getting annoyed.

"Yeah, thousands of them!"

"Our auditorium can only hold..." I was counting my fingers in hunderds. "Yeah, about a thousand people."

Chanyeol scoffed and flopped on his bed. I sighed and sat on the edge of his bed.

"Please, do this for Sarang," I said as he turned his head away from me. "If not her then for me. You know how hard it was for me to get into that school and to suffer pretending to be a girl everyday."

"But to walk in front of thousands of people...," Chanyeol mumbled.

"It's not like you haven't walked in front of thousands of people before, remember graduation?" I asked as he groaned, remembering it myself; he humiliated himself by falling off the stage. "W-well, I mean you did walk in front of thousands of people."

"I'm sorry Bacon, but you have to find someone else. Go ask Sehun or Kai," he said and shooed me off.

"You useless giant," I muttered and walked towards the door when he said something.

"Why don't you be the model instead?" he asked, turning his head to face me.

"You must be crazy," I scoffed and left his room, heading down to the living room.

"Did he say yes?" Suho asked looking up at me. I deeply exhaled and looked away, rubbing the back of my neck.

"That giant baby rejected," I said glancing at Sarang, who softly smiled.

"That's fine," she said. "I was thinking about using your brother, Baekhyun."

"Baekhyun?!?!" we all shouted as she looked surprised.

"Baekhyun's so short though!" Kai laughed, making me glare at him to stop.

"He's skinny too, not a single muscle on him. Shouldn't male models have at least a little muscle?" Sehun asked with confused eyes. Sarang smiled and looked at them.

"I don't think height or having muslces matters. It's all about having fun, right?" she asked as they slowly nodded. "I know all the male models will have that charismatic look, but I think having a face like Baekhyun would be fresh and new; that innocent, flower boy face."

"Yeah, an innocent, flower boy face," Suho snickered.

"Do you think Baekhyun would agree to it though?" Sarang asked, scratching her head to think of the outcome.

"Do you think he'll do it, Baekhee?" D.O asked as they all snickered. Sarang looked at me, curious if I knew he would. I sighed and nodded.

"I'm sure Baekhyun would love to...to be in the fashion show," I said and turned around to hide my dying face; I really didn't want to be a part of the fashion show. This is for Sarang and myself, remember that. I'm sure it won't be all that bad anyways.