Chapter 28

My Roommate is A BOY?!

Baekhyun's POV~

I woke up in the middle of the night to feel a hot breeze against my neck. I turned my head slightly and saw Sarang asleep next to me. I almost jumped away, but that would wake her so I slowly moved away from her. I sat up and looked at her sleeping figure; its not the first time I've seen her asleep but up close was a different feeling. My heart wouldn't calm down at the sight of her peaceful face. I softly sighed and gently caressed her face, brushing her hair away from her face. She stirred a bit, but she's a deep sleeper so I knew she wouldn't wake up. 

I looked at the attire I was wearing and felt weird, so I took off my wig and left the room to change into my own clothes. And since I was already in my my own room, I got in bed and slept. 

Morning came sooner than I wanted it to, but I had to get up since the role of Baekhee was calling. I finished washing up and stepped out of the bathroom to see Sarang come out of the guest room. Of course I had to act surprised. 

"Sarang?" I questioned. "What are you doing here?"

She froze. I secretly grinned and walked up to her. 

"How'd you get in?" I continued to act. She slowly turned to face me and gave me a nervous smile. 

"Baekhee," was all she could say. "I was planning to leave before you woke up, but...."

I snickered and got closer to her. 

"It's fine, you don't have to be so secretive about spending the night here," I said as she backed up against the wall. "I don't mind you here."

She swallowed hard and avoided my eyes. 

"By the way, where is Baekhee?" she asked, pushing me aside to get away. 

"Who knows," I smiled. She rubbed her arm out of shyness and looked at me. 

"Are you feeling better?" she asked. I nodded. "That's good then."

"Yeah, it's all thanks to you," I said. She was blushing now. "Well, I'm sure you were in a rush to leave, so you're free to go."

"Then I'll be heading out," she said and bowed, literally running out of my place. I chuckled and leaned against the wall. 

"How is it that she's this cute?" I asked myself. 

Sarang's POV~

I took a taxi back to the dorms to change before class. I walked up to my dorm room, meeting Sora halfway. 

"Sarang~" she chimed, skipping to me. "So, where were you last night?"

I widened my eyes. "W-what?!"

"Well, I was waiting for you in front of your dorm room getting stares from people passing by thinking I was a creeper, but you never came," she grinned. "Were you at Baekhyun's house all night?"

"N-no! Of course not!" I made an obvious lie. "Let's talk in my room."

I dragged her by the arm into my room. I knew she had this goofy smile on wanting to know more. She sat on the bed crossed-legged and excitedly waited for me to say something. 

I hesitated and bit my bottom lip. 

"So, did you spend the night at Baekhyun's or not?" she frantically asked. 

I nodded. She screamed. 

"You guys are already at that point in your relationship?! I'm jealous!" she squealed. I felt my face heat up. 

"What relationship?" I asked and sat next to her. "And it's not what you think. Baekhee and I were supposed to see Baekhyun, but he was already asleep and it was late so she suggested we spend the night there. I slept with her in the guest room."

"Awwh~ that's boring~!" she whined. "But you were able to see Baekhyun, right?"

I blinked my eyes and nodded. She grinned and scooted closer. 

"What does he look like when he wakes up? I've always been curious," she asked with a curious look. I cocked my head to the side to get a better visual of how he looks like. But the thought of him just made my heart beat faster and she caught on. 

"It must be something good to see in the morning," she smiled widely. I giggled and lightly smacked her arm. "I'm really envious of you. I want to be in love~"

"Who said I'm in love?" I scoffed the question. 

"I've been your best friend for the longest time, I know you Sarang," she said and hugged me tight. "He'll make you happy, he'll love you!"

I laughed and freed myself from her. 

"You're thinking too far ahead," I said and grabbed some clothes to change into. "I may be in love, but I don't want to rush it especially since I just broke up with Jinyoung recently."

 
"But don't wait too long or else he'll  get tired of waiting," Sora said and I felt my chest tighten. 

***** 

Lectures were boring as usual. I sat in class and looked at my phone from time to time just for the heck of it. Just then, I received a text from Baekhyun. 

To: Sarang
From: Baekhyun 
Are you still in class?


Secretly, I grabbed my phone and hid it under the desk. 

To: Baekhyun
From: Sarang
Yeah. Why?


Seconds later.

To: Sarang
From: Baekhyun 
I'm hungry~ let's go out!


I couldn't help but smile to myself. 

To: Baekhyun
From: Sarang
Call! I'll see you at the gates in 30 minutes?


To: Sarang
From: Baekhyun
I'll see you in 30 minutes then!


I put my phone aside and couldn't stop smiling. I'm sure the girls sitting besides me saw, but I couldn't hide it. 

And the 30 minutes flew by like nothing. I quickly gathered my things and walked out of class, heading straight to the gates. I saw Baekhyun leaning against the brick wall, kicking at the ground and when he looked up, our eyes met. I swear, I could hear my own heart beating. 

He smiled and I returned the smile. I walked up to him and he held his hand out. 

"I'll carry your bag for you," he said. I couldn't let him carry my stuff but I didn't want to embarrass him either by rejecting. He raised an eyebrow at my hesitating behavior and so he grabbed it without me giving him an answer. 

"C'mon, let's go," he said leading the way as I followed, unaware of what we were having for lunch. "I'm sure cold noodles are best for this hot weather."

I lit up and smiled widely. "I've been craving cold noodles!"

He smiled, "That's good."

We both got on a bus and sat at the back. I was seated by the window while he sat by the aisle. 

"Are you done with classes for the day?" he asked. 

"No, I have one later in the day," I said and he sighed. "Why?"

He shrugged. "I thought we'd do something after lunch, but we'll have to wait another day."

"What were you planning to do today?" I asked, wanting to know. He placed a finger against his lips and winked; it was a secret. Our small talks continued when we reached our destination. 
 
We stepped out of the bus and entered a restaurant. We ordered our dish and waited for it. 
 
"So, your final project, how's it going?" he asked after taking a sip of his water. 
 
"Its going great...," and I continued to talk about the project. Soon enough the project was going to end and the semester too. 
 
"Just a few more weeks then it'll all be over," he smiled. 
 
"Yeah, then comes summer followed by another semester of school," I sighed. He snickered and ruffled my hair. 
 
"Hang in there," he encouraged me and soon enough our food cane out. We ate and talked some more as the time flew right past us. I was looking at my watch and realized I had to get back to class, but I didn't want to leave. I was enjoying my time with Baekhyun. He seemed to have noticed and lightly flicked my forehead. I flinched at the sudden action and placed my hand on my forehead, looking at him flustered. He gave a breathy laugh and stood up. 
 
"Let's head back. I don't want you to be late," he said and reached his hand out towards me. I felt my face flush and I extended my hand out, placing it in his. He smiled and gently pulled me out of my seat. 
 
We walked out of the restaurant and headed to the bust stop. Our hands were still holding one another's as we waited. I could feel my pulse racing just standing besides him like this; I really didn't want to go back. 
 
Eventually, we were standing at the gates and he let go of my hand. I looked down at our separated hands then up to him, feeling lonely. He gave me a soft smile and patted my head. 
 
"Study hard," he said. "I'll see you soon."
 
And with that, he his heels and started walking away. I watched him walk further away from me and each time he took a step, my heart clenched tightly. I took a deep breath and made my decision for the night. 
 
I ran after him. 
 
*****

[A/N] : I sincerely apologize for having you all wait so long for an update! Back then, I had all the free time to write and update my stories, but it hasn't been easy these days to get that free time; I've been occupied with school and work. I'm doing the best I can to update my stories, so please bare with me! Thank you! 💕