Chapter 20

My Roommate is A BOY?!

3rd Person POV~

Sarang was brewing some coffee when the doorbell rung. She went to open it and saw Baekhyun with his duffle bag and a smile on his face.

"Good morning, Sarang," he smiled brightly.

"Good morning to you too," she replied back with a smile. "So you were serious about this."

"Of course I was," he said, setting his duffle bag against the wall. "It looks like you were too."

"Me? Yeah right," Sarang scoffed with a hidden smile.

"If you weren't serious about me spending the next 2 weeks with you then you would have spent winter break at the dorm like you had planned instead of staying at home waiting for me," he snickered, making her blush in embarrasment because he was right. "You're embarrassed because I'm right, huh?"

"Oh, how'd you know?" she asked as he chuckled and poked her head.

"It's kind of obvious," he said and entered, setting his bag aside. "Oh~ I smell coffee."

"Ahh~ I was just brewing some just now," she said and led him to the kitchen. "Would you like any?"

"That would be nice," he smiled and took a seat. She grabbed two mugs and poured in fresh, warm coffee into them, handing one to him. He thanked her and they both sat silently while sipping their drinks.

"I was curious," she softly spoke, cupping the mug for warmth. "But why aren't you spending the break with Baekhee? You should at least spend some time with your sister."

"My sister?" he asked with a snicker. "She's never around; she's either with friends or out doing her own things. It's like she doesn't exist in my life."

"But still, you should spend the holidays with her," she softly smiled.

"I'd rather spend it with someone who actually needs me," he said, slurping his drink and glanced at Sarang to see her blush a bit.

The morning had continued with Baekhyun unpacking his stuff in the guest room, which was right across Sarang's. She helped him unpack, even if there was little things to take out.

"You carry quite a lot of makeup products," Sarang said, pulling out face masks, cream for the face as well as hair product.

"Of course, you have to keep your skin nice and fair everyday, even on holidays," Baekhyun chuckled while re-folding his shirts in the drawer. She then came across a makeup bag that belonged to Baekhee.

"Oppa, what's this doing here?" she asked, holding it to his eyes. He widened his eyes and gasped, feeling his throat get dry. *I forgot to take that out!*

"U-uhm," he stuttered. "B-Baekhee forgot to take it out probably...yeah...she forgot."

Sarang titled her head, suspicious and giggled, setting it aside.

"That sounds like something Baekhee would forget," she smiled and set Baekhyun's duffle bag in the closet. She sat on the bed and watched him organize his clothes in the drawer; stripes in one pile, solid colors in other, thick sweaters to the far right and besides it were thin sweaters.

"Your duffle bag looked so small, but seeing all those clothes, it carries quite a lot," Sarang said as Baekhyun closed the drawer after finishing up. He stood up from kneeling and brushed his hands off, placing them on his hips with a smile.  "It almost looks as if you're spending the whole month with me."

"Want me to?" he teased as she shook her head and stood up.

"Well, what are we going to do today? We have the whole house to ourselves for the next 2 weeks," she sighed. Baekhyun crossed his arms and leaned against the drawer's edge.

"First off, we could bring in some Christmas spirit into this house? I mean, you don't even have a Christmas tree up and that's the least you could do," he said as she blinked her eyes. "Don't tell me you don't even have a tree or any decorating things in this house."

"I was going to tell you, but since you said that-"

"Never mind," he chuckled and grabbed his coat. "I guess we'll be shopping today. I know how much you love shopping."

She nodded with a smile and grabbed her coat as well, soon walking out of the house together.

"So what exactly are we getting?" she asked as they got a cab, entering.

"First we need a tree, but we'll get a small one. Then we'll buy all the decorating equipments for the tree and other things we find that will lighten up our holiday spirit," he smiled, making her giggle. 

Baekhyun and Sarang walked around the mall when they came across a cute little decoration store that was filled with Christmas spirit. They entered the store and looked around for a small tree. 

"Oppa, look at this one," Sarang said, pointing to one that was lighted up with colorful lights and different colors of ornaments. Baekhyun snickered and shook his head. 
 
"That's for display, you can't buy that," he said and led her around the corner to see small plastic trees in boxes. "That's what we're looking for, a tree that hasn't been decorated yet."
 
He picked a box and headed towards the lights. 
 
"Should we get the plain lights? Or the red and blue ones?" he asked, tapping his chin while glancing down at Sarang. 
 
"Let's just get the plain, yellow ones," she answered and picked up a box of them. Then they headed towards the decorations, like ornaments, cute angels, and what not. They walked around a bit when Sarang stopped in front of a box of clear, plain ornaments. 
 
"Oppa, lets make our own ornaments," she said looking at him for his decision. He looked at them and smiled. 
 
"That'd be fun," he said and picked 2 boxes of ornaments that had 4 plain ornaments in each box. "I guess we're set."
 
She smiled and nodded. They paid for the items and headed out to find other things, even gifts for one another, so they went separate ways. 
 
Baekhyun went towards the shop that had candles; he wanted to buy candles that had the scent of cinnamon or spiced pumpkin, something to bring in the mood. Meanwhile, Sarang was walking around a clothing shop to look for something, anything that would suit Baekhyun's taste. She didn't forget about her boyfriend, Jinyoung either, although it's been days since they've last talked. And of course she wasn't going to walk out empty handed and forget her best friends, Sora and Baekhee, as well as the boys. 
 
She got Sora a makeup palate and other facial products, Baekhee facial products as well, and got the boys either beanies or a sweater for this cold weather. She then thought of what to buy for Jinyoung and Baekhyun, but couldn't think of anything. 
 
Baekhyun had bought gifts for the boys and a small gift for Sarang, a gift that was going to be handmade by himself. 
 
After 2 hours of shopping, the two met up and headed out for lunch. They sat in a cozy soup restaurant and had ordered their foods. 
 
"So, what did you buy for the boys?" Sarang asked while they waited for their soups to arrive. 
 
"Just a few things," he answered. "I got them either shoes or hoodies, nothing special. You?"
 
"I got them either beanies or a sweater, I didn't know what they'd like," she answered. "Oh~ I also got Baekhee something!"
 
"Baekhee?" Baekhyun asked, recalling having a "twin". "Ahh~ her-r-r-r..."
 
"Yep, I didn't know what to get her either, but I got her facial products," Sarang smiled. "Did you buy anything for her?"
 
"Not yet, but I will soon," he smiled and soon their lunch arrived. They silently enjoyed their lunch when someone interrupted their peace.
 
"Baekhyun oppa~!" they heard his name. They both turned their heads to the person and Baekhyun widened his eyes.
 
"Sumi!" he gasped loudly. "W-what are you doing here?"
 
"I came to do Christmas shopping," Sumi smiled then looked at Sarang. She bowed to her and looked back to Baekhyun. "Oppa, I had listened to your words."
 
"My words?" he asked as she nodded.
 
"I'm holding myself back now and I'm going to patiently wait, like you," she smiled then glanced at Sarang. "You understand what I'm saying, right?"
 
Baekhyun also glanced at Sarang and nodded. "I know exactly what you're saying."
 
Sarang just stared at the two, not knowing what they were even talking about, but she wasn't going to ask. Sumi dug into her purse and handed Baekhyun a small box.
 
"I was planning on seeing you again to give you this," she smiled. Baekhyun looked at it and snickered at the sight of Jinyoung's name on the box.
 
"Wrong gift," he said, handing her the box back as she gasped.
 
"S-sorry!" she apologized, looking at Sarang, hoping she didn't see Jinyoung's name on it. Sumi grabbed the right gift and gave it to Baekhyun. "Since they're a bit similar, I gave you the wrong one, sorry."
 
He just smiled and opened the gift while the two girls looked at his reaction. His facial expression didn't change and he looked up at Sumi.
 
"Thank you for the watch Sumi, it's a great gift," he said as she blushed a bit. "It looks expensive, is it alright to give me such a gift?"
 
"Of course it is," she smiled and looked at Sarang, then back to Baekhyun. "Well, I saw you and wanted to give you the gift, so I'll be going now and leave the two of you alone."
 
"Wait," Baekhyun said before she could get any further away from them. "As a return gift, I'll buy you dinner some day. How's that sound? We could catch up with one another."
 
Sumi smiled and nodded, giving him and Sarang a bow before walking out. He softly smiled and turned back to his soup when he felt someone watching him. He looked up to meet eyes with Sarang.
 
"Is there something wrong?" he asked as she blinked her eyes unsure of what to say. He looked at the exit then back to her. "You must be wondering who she is, am I right?"
 
"It's not really that," she said, biting her bottom lip. "But, isn't she the girl you had dinner with that one night?"
 
"Oh, you remember that night?" Baekhyun asked as she slowly nodded. He snickered and leaned over the table. "Why do you ask?"
 
"Nothing," she softly said, playing with the soup. "She's cute. You two look good together...."
 
"What?" he chuckled. "Our relationship isn't like that; me and her are pretty much like you and I. Friends who like to hang out with one another."
 
"You and I?" she questioned as he nodded with a smile. Her heart ached at that, but she took in a deep breath and smiled. "That's right, we're just friends; there's nothing wrong with that."
 
There was some sort of awkward and silent atmosphere because they were both thinking the same thing. Just friends?
 
----------
 
Baekhyun and Sarang started decorating the living room with Christmas lights, hanging them on the walls and over the windows. While Baekhyun was finishing up the last roll of lights, Sarang started to set up the Christmas tree on the table, which was in the corner of her living room. Baekhyun finished the walls and sat next to Sarang, watching her finish up with setting the plastic tree up. He searched in their shopping bags and found the round plastic ball ornaments.
 
"Let's start making our ornaments," he said, handing her a box of 4 ornaments. "I bought glitter, paint, ribbons, rhinestones and a few other stuff."
 
Sarang smiled and took out an ornament. "What exactly should I do?"
 
"I don't know, do whatever," Baekhyun replied and started gluing on some rhinestones to the ornament. They both started decorated till the sun set down and represented their work of art.
 
"Oppa, look, I made Santa Claus," Sarang said, proud of her ornaments. Santa Claus was the best one out of all the rest she made. Baekhyun smiled and showed her his ornaments. One had "2013" painted in red with a little note in it, another had Sarang's name on it with glitter inside and the others had snowflakes on them.
 
"Yours look better than mine," she pouted while looking at her own, which were painted in plain green and red colors.
 
"They're just ornaments," he snickered and hung his up on the tree. Sarang followed along and looked at the one with the note inside.
 
"What does the note say?" she asked, trying to get a better view of it.
 
"Nothing really, I just wrote how my day went that's all," he smiled and cleaned up. She furrowed her eyebrows and looked at the note, but it was rolled up and tied with a red ribbon.
 
"We didn't do much today," she mumbled and shrugged. After cleaning up the mess, Baekhyun showered while Sarang was making a late night snack.
 
"Sarang, you can shower now," Baekhyun said, coming into the kitchen as she had just finished making ramen. She nodded and wiped her hands on a clean cloth.
 
"You can go ahead and eat, I'll be back," she smiled and headed into the bathroom.
 
Baekhyun was just about to sit to eat when he remembered leaving something in the bathroom that made round his eyes.
 
"I forgot my boxers," he gasped. He ran up the stairs and saw that the door was closed. He bit his bottom lip and slowly approached the door.
 
"S-Sarang," he said, knocking on the door. "I forgot something in there, could you-"
 
She opened the door and was still fully clothed. She looked behind her and smiled with a giggle.
 
"You forgot your boxers, didn't you?" she asked as he nodded. She let him in the bathroom and he quickly retrieved it before running out of the bathroom. She couldn't help, but softly laugh; once he was out of her sight, her laugh faded and she sighed. Those boxers were the exact same ones I saw in Baekhee's drawer. It can't be a coincidence, can it? Baekhyun and Baekhee...can't be the same person either, right?