Chapter 3

My Roommate is A BOY?!

 

Sarang's POV~
 
I woke up to a loud thud this morning, making me jump up from my sleep. 
 
"What happened?!" I asked, looking around to see Baekhee lying on the floor. "Baekhee, why are you on the floor?"
 
She slowly rose up, then shot me a glare. 
 
"I tripped over you that's why! Why were sleeping next to the bed?!" she shouted with rage. I so did not want to wake up to this. 
 
"You told me to sleep on the floor so I did-"
 
"But not next to the bed!" she shouted. 
 
"Yeah, as if there's any other place to sleep besides next to the bed!" I shot back to have her face grow more angry. 
 
"I swear, you are the worst roommate," she said with a snotty tone and stood up, walking to the bathroom and slammed it. 
 
"I-I'm the worst?! Yah! As least I don't snore like a man!" I shouted, feeling my heart about to rip out from the anger. 
 
"Can you guys be quiet over there?!" the room next to ours shouted. 
 
"Shut up!" I shouted and flopped back down onto the hard floor, breathing heavily. 
 
Baekhyun's POV~
 
I fixed my wig and walked out to see SaRang asleep again. I shook my head in disbelief and shook her with my foot to wake her up. 
 
"Yah, you have class today. You should wake up now," I said as groaned, rolling to her side. "Are you not going? Didn't you say you have a seminar today?"
 
That got her to wake up. 
 
"Shoot!" she shouted and looked at the clock. "I'm late!!"
 
She pushed me aside and ran into the bathroom as I scoffed in disbelief. 
 
"Not only is her style bad, but she also has no manners," I muttered and left the room to see the hallway crowded with beautiful girls. "If only I wasn't a boy in disguise I would've gotten all their number."
 
"Oh~ you're Sarang's roommate right?" a voice asked from behind. I turned around and met eyes with a gorgeous girl. 
 
"Yes, I'm roommates with that animal," I said as she giggled, then stopped to glare at me in an instant. 
 
"Don't call her an animal," she snarled and looked at the bedroom door. "Is she awake yet? I heard she has a seminar today."
 
"I don't know and I don't care," I said walking away. 
 
Halfway through the day, I bumped into SaRang to see that her style had dramatically changed. She wasn't in some baggy clothes, but in a cute casual dress, yet a sophisticated outfit. 
 
"Oh, Baekhee," she said walking up to me. "Thanks for waking me up, if you didn't I would've missed out on my seminar."
 
I just stared at her and she stared back. 
 
"Uhm, about earlier this morning...I'm sorry, I didn't mean to shout out so suddenly and I understand your frustrations," she said rubbing her arm, not having any eye contact. I still didn't give a response. "Oh, by the way, how'd you know I had a seminar today?"
 
I rounded my eyes and felt my heart hit against my chest. 
 
"Cause when I told Jinyoung about it last night, you were fully knocked out that you were even snoring," she said blinking at me as I just looked away. 
 
"I also had a seminar this morning, so I thought you would too," I lied as she just stared at me, then smiled. Seeing her smile, my heart began pounding on its own. Such a beautiful smile.
 
"Well, thanks again for waking me up and also sorry about this morning. I really hope we can get closer since we'll be together for a year or two," she said and skipped away. "Have fun in your next class."
 
I just watched her leave and when she was fully out of sight, I deeply exhaled and placed my hand over my racing heart. 
 
"This feeling is out of annoyance, right?" I wondered, then left to my next class. 
 
I was officially done with all my classes, at least for the day, and decided to hang out with the friends. I still had plenty of time before curfew, so I walked out of the school's campus and went to the cafe I was supposed to meet my friends at, to change into my true "form."
 
My phone began ringing when I was in the middle of putting on my pants.
 
"Hello?" I answered. 
 
"Baekhyun~!" that giant baby's voice chimed through the phone. 
 
"What do you want Chanyeol?" I asked, zipping up my pants. 
 
"Just wondering where you are cause we're waiting at the cafe," he said as I could hear the boys talking and laughing among themselves. 
 
"I'm already at the cafe, but I'm in the bathroom changing," I said. "I'll be done soon so-"
 
"Baekhyun, just hurry up in there," Chanyeol said and I knew he was outside of the stall I was in. Then there was a knock, "Did you hear me?"
 
"I heard you perfectly," I said and neatly put my girl clothing into my bag. I walked out of the bathroom to see him smiling at me. 
 
"Can you stop? I'm getting goosebumps," I said with a shiver and walked out of the bathroom, turning the corner when I saw someone I didn't want to see. I stopped in my tracks to have the giant bump into me. 
 
"What are you doing?" he asked as I was panicking. 
 
"Why is she here?" I whispered. 
 
"What are you whispering about?" Chanyeol whispered to me. 
 
"That girl! I mean...that girl!" I shouted into a whisper. "She's here!"
 
Chanyeol looked behind me and furrowed his eyebrows. 
 
"Okay, you have to be more specific cause there are lots of girls here today," he said scratching his head. 
 
"My roommate," I said and hid behind Chanyeol. "The one in the pastel pink dress, the loner over there."
 
He looked and just stared, then said, "She's pretty."
 
I looked at him in disbelief and pushed him away. 
 
"You useless animal," I growled and stayed put. "Will she recognize me?"
 
"I'm sure she won't," he said and grabbed my hand, dragging me to our table which I hadn't notice was right next to hers!!
 
"I-I can't do this," I said panicking to see SaRang staring at us. I looked away and hoped she didn't see me. 
 
"Oh~ I've seen you before," I heard her voice, making my heart skip a beat. 
 
"I'm sorry but I've never seen you before," I quickly said not having any sort of eye contact. 
 
"Eh? I wasn't talking about you," she said, making me look at her confused. She looked at me then to Chanyeol. "But I've seen you, you were with Baekhee on the day of the opening. I walked in on you two, remember?"
 
"Baekhee, who's tha-"
 
I elbowed Chanyeol in the stomach as he widened his eyes. 
 
"Oh yes~! I was the one you saw that day," he said standing straight, like he was in some boot camp, standing in front of the commander. SaRang just stared at him, then giggled with that same smile she had earlier today, making my heart pound again. 
 
"You're really funny," she said, "Have you been in contact with her lately?"
 
"No, why would-"
 
I elbowed him again as he looked at me with a hurt expression. 
 
"No, I haven't because I don't have the time. I'm a busy man," he said as she nodded. 
 
"I see, if I were her I'd feel lonely," she said with a sigh. 
 
"Tch, who's the lonely one?" I muttered under my breath to have her look at me. 
 
"Why are you guys ignoring us?" Sehun asked with a pout. "We want to know the girl too~."
 
"Oh, are you here with your friends?" SaRang asked Chanyeol as he nodded. 
 
"Yep, this here is Sehun, then there's Kai. Next to him is Kyungsoo, then Suho," he said pointing them out. "I'm Chanyeol and this guy here is Baekhyun."
 
"Baekhyun?" she asked looking at me as I felt my heart race, panicking again. "Sounds just like Baekhee, do you two know each other?"
 
"Of course they do because they're both the sam-"
 
"We're siblings...well twins to be exact," I said with an uneasy laugh. "We look alike don't we?"
 
"Uh, yeah just a bit," she said with a smile and looked at me, then to the others. 
 
"Are you here alone noona?" Kai asked as he was sitting next to her. I didn't even hear him move nor did I even see him get up from his seat to sit next to her; she was just as surprised as I was. 
 
"For now yes, but my boyfriend's coming," she said as Kai nodded. 
 
"So you have a boyfriend, that's too bad," he said and went back to his seat. She just stared at him, confused. 
 
"Don't mind him, he's like that," Suho said in his soft, charming voice. "We never got your name though."
 
"Oh~ I'm SaRang, Lee Sarang," she said, with a little head bow. 
 
"That's a pretty name, just like you," Sehun said with a childish grin. I seriously wanted to gag at these guys. 
 
"Sorry I took so long," a voice said from behind, making us all look at the person. 
 
"Oppa~!" SaRang chimed and got up from her seat to hug him. 
 
"Must be the boyfriend," Kyungsoo said, staring at the two. The two were talking and cuddling and laughing that I kind of wanted to punch someone. 
 
"Oww!" Chanyeol cried. I looked at him to see that I was pinching his arm. I widened my eyes and let go. 
 
"Sorry, I didn't know," I said and stared back at the Sarang and her boyfriend. 
 
"Oh~ it was nice meeting you. I hope to meet with you guys again someday," she said with that same smile of hers that kept making my heart beat. She bowed to us and walked away with her boyfriend. 
 
"She's a nice girl," Chanyeol said with a grin. "But she forgot her sketchbook."
 
I looked back at where she sat and picked it up, sneaking a peek at her art work. They were actually amazing for someone like her. 
 
"So, she's your roommate, right?" Kai asked as I nodded. "Tell us what she's like."
 
"I've only been with her for what, like a day or two?" I said and sat next to Suho. "For sure she doesn't have style and she has no manners."
 
"But she has a beautiful smile, you can't deny that," Suho said as her smile kept popping up in my head, making my heart pound again. I placed my hand over my chest and slowly inhaled and exhaled. She really does have a beautiful smile, I won't deny that.