Chapter 13

My Roommate is A BOY?!

Baekhyun's POV~

It was the day before the fashion and everything was finished, so I went to hang out with the boys again while Sarang was out on a date with Jinyoung. Because Chen was visting, we decided to go do something fun with it. It wasn't decided yet on what we were going to do, but we ended up walking around eating street food while thinking of things to do.

"Chen, what do you want to do?" I asked; since he was visiting he had to have something he wanted to do.

"There's nothing that I want to besides going to the karaoke center," he said, scratching his chin. "But it's mid-day and it's so much more fun going at night."

"Ouu~ we could go to a baseball batting center," Kai suggested.

"That sounds fun~!" Sehun agreed with a happy smile. "Hyung, let's go."

We all exchanged looks and decided to go to waste time until it was a good time to go to the kaoroke center. It wasn't a long walk to the basteball batting center and so we entered a batting cage and decided to play a game; the person with the least hits will have to pay for all the drinks and food we buy at the karaoke center. We did rock-paper-scissors to see who went first and batting first was Sehun.

"Sehun-ah, don't worry if you lose, the hyungs will love you even more when you do lose," Chen smiled, making Sehun even more nervous. He grabbed a bat and entered the batting cage as we stepped out, watching him. One by one, they all played as I was the last up bat. I took the bat from Suho and got in position to play when I saw someone a few batting cages down. I hadn't noticed that the baseballs were flying at me and I didn't even hit one yet; I was too focused on looking at the couple in my eyes. That's Jinyoung...but who's that girl with him? Sarang's supposed to be with him today.

"Yah, Byun Baekhyun, don't lose purposely," Chanyeol said hitting the cage to get my attention. I stared at the couple a few seconds longer, then finally hit one ball and the game ended like that.

"YAY~!! Baekhyun's treating us out tonight~!" they all chorused as I dropped the bat beside me. Their cheers quiet down and they all looked at me, but I didn't keep my eyes off Jinyoung.

"Hyung, are you okay? We could redo the game if you want," Kai said entering the cage with the others following behind. I felt someone grab my shoulder and could tell that it was Chanyeol, from the firm grip.

"What's wrong with you? What do you keep staring at?" he asked, but I didn't reply. They looked at the direction I was looking at and gasped.

"I-isn't that Sarang's boyfriend?" Suho pointed as I slapped it down.

"Don't point," I warned and looked at Jinyoung.

"Who's that girl? That's not Sarang for sure," Kyungsoo said, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Who's Sarang," Chen asked looking over my shoulder. I swallowed hard and walked out of the batting cage.

"She's the girl Baekhyun li-"

"Let's go," I said, cutting Sehun off. "I'll buy everything you guys order."

They didn't reply and stood in place as I turned around to glare at them.

"Hurry up!" I shouted at them as they ran to me and so we headed to the karaoke center.

------

"WHAT?! Baekhyun! You're displaying yourself as a girl?!" Chen shouted with round eyes and his jaw hanging. "I leave for 2 years and this is what happens?!"

"Hyung, it's only temporary," I said, flipping my phone around wondering if I should call Sarang or not as we were sitting in a karaoke room. "I don't plan to stay there long."

"Does anyone else know your Baekhee?" Chen asked, interested.

"No one knows besides you guys," I said with a sigh. They all looked at me and sighed too.

"We all know what you're thinking about," Suho softly said. "But don't into their business, she has to know herself and who knows, you might have misunderstood the situation."

"I know," I said and grabbed the microphone. "Let's sing."

Sarang's POV~

I sat in a cafe with Sora, discussing about the fashion show for tomorrow. It would have been nice if Baekhyun was with us, but I had a feeling he was enjoying his time with the boys, like always. We talked about the runway and the ideas Baekhee had for her make-up.

"Where is Baekhee anyways?" Sora asked sipping her coffee.

"She's out with some old friends that came to visit her from the States," I answered, sketching more clothing designs. "The girls that slept over and I had to sleep with you, remember?"

"Ahh~ those girls," she said with a nod. "I never got to see their faces, are they pretty?"

"They're pretty, but they look like some boys I know," I smiled. "But I don't think either of them would be smart enough to dress as girls just to see Baekhee; they wouldn't want to see Baekhee at all actually so it's not them."

"Well there are kids these days who look alike," she smiled and continued to drink her coffee. After a few hours of hanging out, we both went separate ways. It was a bit dark out, but there was still 2 more hours until curfew, so I went for a walk at the Cheonggyecheon River. It was extremely beautiful, especially with all the different colors of light reflecting in the water. It was really peaceful and relaxing. I walked around seeing lots of couples and family together, happy. I sighed and took a seat on the steps near the water. I pulled out my phone and called Jinyoung, but no one picked up. I wonder if he's still busy composing.

I called again and still no one answered. I deeply exhaled and stuck the phone back into my purse as I twirled my finger in the water when someone else popped up in my head. I pulled my phone back out and called Baekhyun.

"Hello?" he picked up; my heart rapidly beating just hearing his voice. "Hello?"

"U-uh, B-Baekhyun," I said, not knowing why I was even calling him.

"Sarang?" he asked. "Is something wrong?"

"Huh? Oh, no...I was just calling wondering...wondering what time you'd come tomorrow for the fashion show," I asked, face palming myself at saying something so stupid. I heard a soft chuckle, making my heart beat even faster.

"What time would you like me there?" he asked in a low tone.

"Uhm, the show starts at 7pm and models have to be there at 6, so around 5?" I asked to hear another chuckle.

"Sounds good," he replied. "Where are you? I could hear kids laughing and water."

I looked up and saw kids playing the water with smiles all over their faces, making me smile too.

"I'm at the Cheonggyecheon river walk," I answered. "And there are kids playing in the water."

"Sounds fun," he lightly laughed. "Are you alone?"

"Eh?" I asked with round eyes. "I guess you say so. I was with Sora just awhile ago though, so...yeah."

"Why do you sound so awkward? Are you uncomfortable talking on the phone?" he asked, making me blush in embarrasment.

"It's not that," I mumbled. "And where are you? I could hear some music."

"Ahh~ I'm at a karaoke center with the boys. I stepped out of the room to answer the call," he chuckled. "I didn't know you hear the music, I guess they're too loud."

"I could hear Chanyeol shouting DJ DOC's Run To You," I laughed. "It sounds like you guys are having a good time though."

"We are because we're not alone like you," he teased with a snicker. I scoffed and laughed afterwards.

"It's nice being alone at a place like this. It's relaxing," I said smiling to myself, but really it was lonely.

"Your curfew is in 2 hours, right?" he asked as I was nodded to myself.

"Why?" I asked to hear a snicker.

"I'll see you in 20 minutes," he said and hung up. I stared at my phone and scratched my head. He's not coming here, is he?

I sighed and waited to see if he was going to really show up. I looked at my watch every 5 minutes and when the 20 minutes was up, I stood up and sighed. I waited for nothing.

I walked away when someone grabbed my wrist from behind, heavily breathing. I turned around and widened my eyes.

"I was a minute late," Baekhyun smiled, huffing out a sigh. "Why do you seem so surprised to see me anyways?"

"I didn't think you'd really come," I said smiling back.

"So you were expecting me?" he asked, but I didn't reply. "You don't have to be shy about it."

I scoffed and dug in my purse for my water bottle. I found it and handed it him as he took it.

"Did you run all the way here?" I asked as he nodded. "Why?"

"For you," he said looking directly at me, making my heart beat fast once again. "No one likes to be alone and at a place like this, no one should ever be alone."

I turned away from his gaze and we walked by the river. We didn't talk to each other, but it felt nice just walking next to one another.

"Do the boys know you left?" I asked.

"We were pretty much done," he replied. "We were playing at a baseball batting center and I lost, so I had to pay for everything they bought. It was so annoying."

I giggled and listened to him whine about his day with the boys.

"And you? What did you do today?" he asked with a curious look.

"Me?" I asked as he nodded. "Mmm, I was supposed to go on a date with Jinyoung, but he was busy so I hung out with Sora at the cafe. Then I came here and now I'm with you."

"Jinyoung was busy?" he asked as I nodded. "With what?"

"Music and composing of course," I smiled. He looked at me like he wanted to say something, but only smiled.

"He must like music a lot," he said and we continued to talk about our day when there was 30 minutes left until curfew. As usual, he walked me back to the dorm and went separate ways as I entered the school gates. Once I entered my dorm room, I saw his clothing for the fashion show on my bed. I smiled at it when I felt my heart ache. Isn't there a way to avoid this feeling?