Chapter 18

My Roommate is A BOY?!

 

Baekhyun's POV~
 
Winter was near, which meant summer clothing had to be stored away and heavy, winter clothing had to come out. That's what I was doing today at the dorm. I packed up all my summer clothes, or should I say Baekhee's clothes, in a box and headed straight to Chanyeol's house to keep them there for the time being. Sarang was also doing the same, but she was keeping it at her house, so I helped her pack along with Sora before heading to Chanyeol's house to drop my things off. 
 
"Baekhee-ah, should we have Baekhyun come and help us? I mean, there are a lot of boxes here and the clothes are pretty heavy," Sarang said, closing the last box. 
 
"Baekhyun?" I asked as she nodded. "He's busy today, maybe we could ask Jinyoung?"
 
"He's also busy," she said with a sigh. Or is he with Sumi?
 
"Then should we have Chanyeol and the boys come?" I asked as she nodded. 
 
"The more boys the better," Sora said, kicking the boxes towards the door and so I called Chanyeol. After the 3rd try, he finally picked up. 
 
"Yah, what took you so long to pick up the phone?" I asked to hear him groan, I knew that noise, he had just woken up. "It's 1 in the afternoon and you just woke up?"
 
"I had a long night," he said with a loud yawn. "I was up all night packing my summer clothes and taking out my winter clothes from the basement."
 
"Really?" I asked as he made a noise saying yes. "Well we need you and the boys to help us out. We need you guys to help move boxes of clothes to Sarang's house."
 
"Now?" he huskily asked. 
 
"Now would be nice," I said. I heard him shift in his bed; he was getting ready in bed. 
 
"Alright, I'll see you guys in 20. I'll get the others too," he said. I looked at Sora and Sarang, giving them a thumbs up, saying he was on his way. They smiled at me gave me a thumbs up too. 
 
"Boys are prohibited from entering through the school gates, so just wait outside of the gate while we bring the boxes out," I said to hear a snicker.  
 
"Boys are prohibited? Then shouldn't it apply to you too?" he asked, but I ignored that question. 
 
"Just hurry up," I firmly said and hung up. I flicked my phone onto the bed and looked at the two. "They'll be here soon, so we better start bringing the boxes down."
 
They nodded and each grabbed a box. We had to take 7 trips in and out of the dorm for my clothes too and just as Chanyeol had said, they were here within 20 minute. They drove two cars knowing that we all wouldn't fit in one; Chanyeol drove one along with Suho.
 
We packed my boxes in Suho's car and Sarang's in Chanyeol's. I told Suho to just throw my boxes in Chanyeol's room and that I'd come back to clean it up while I went to help Sarang. It was Chanyeol, Sarang, Sora, Kai and I in one car while in the other was Sehun, Kyungsoo and Suho, who was heading to Chanyeol's house. 
 
"Why was I dragged along with you guys?" Kai asked, his head resting against the window. 
 
"Because you're the strongest out of the others," I said, sitting in between him and Sarang while Sora was in the passenger seat. "Do I get something out of this?"
 
"You're not that special," I muttered to have Sarang cut in. 
 
"I'll buy you dinner for helping me since it is my boxes of clothes," she smiled at him as he smiled back. 
 
"This is why I like you so much noona," Kai brightened up and leaned over me to her, but I pushed his face away and glared at him. 
 
"Don't even touch her," I said with my eyes. He looked at me and smirked. 
 
"And this is why I hate you noona," he said to me. "Always ruining the fun."
 
"Aish, this kid really wants to die. Why didn't we just take Kyungsoo? At least he'd be quiet the whole entire ride to Sarang's house," I muttered and slumped back in my seat. 
 
"I don't get why we didn't just have Sehun and Kyungsoo both come along," Sora said with a sigh. "This car ride would be a whole lot quieter with just the two of them."
 
I huffed out a sigh and crossed my arms. 
 
"I don't think I've ever seen Baekhee so childish before," Sarang giggled. "I've seen her mad with you guys, but never childish."
 
"Just wait until you see the real her," Kai smirked and looked out the window. I glared at him and Sarang continued to giggle. 
 
"You two are funny to watch sometimes," she sweetly smiled, a smile I wasn't even used to yet. 
 
We arrived at Sarang's house and began bringing her boxes in her house. It was huge, not mansion huge, but bigger than Chanyeol's 2 story house huge. I was in a daze along with Kai and Chanyeol. 
 
"You have a really nice house," Kai said with his mouth wide open, like he's never seen a house before. 
 
"It's so clean and spotless," Chanyeol said, running his finger along the furniture, not getting a single dust on it. Sarang giggled at the two and set her box down. 
 
"It's always been like this," she smiled. "Clean and empty."
 
"Empty? How can you call this empty?! You have like a thousand picture frames and couches and all of this stuff, you can't call this empty," Chanyeol said, twirling around the living room to get a view of everything. I looked at Sarang as her smile was somewhat forced. I gently elbowed Chanyeol to get his attention. 
 
"She doesn't mean empty as in empty house," I whispered to him. He looked at me and furrowed his eyebrows when he got the message and gasped, then looked at Sarang, covering his mouth. 
 
"Nice one," Kai sighed, shaking his head at Chanyeol. "You can already feel the emptiness."
 
"I'm so sorry Sarang. I didn't-"
 
"It's okay," she smiled and grabbed the box next to her feet and headed up the stairs. "My room is up here. If you don't mind, you can bring my boxes up."
 
Sora looked at Chanyeol and sighed, following behind. 
 
"I didn't know she was living alone," he whispered.
 
"She's not necessarily living alone, but her parents are busy people who doesn't have time to do anything other than work," I whispered back, remembering the first time I met Sarang as Baekhyun and her telling me her life as a lonely girl. A girl who's only family was her personal maid and butler. 
 
"Lets not talk about it here. We're here to help Sarang bring her clothes to her room," Kai said and walked up the stairs just as Sarang was coming down to grab another box. I looked at Chanyeol and brought a box of clothes up to Sarang's room. Her room was really empty, nothing other than a full size bed against the wall. 
 
"You can just put the box in the corner with the others," Sarang said, heading out the door. I watch her past by and set the box with the others, then headed back down the stairs. We finished in 10 minutes just when Suho and the others arrived. 
 
"Wow, this is a nice house," Sehun said, staring up at the high ceiling. 
 
"Are you guys already done?" Kyungsoo asked, walking through the door. 
 
"Yeah, Sarang's just packing some winter clothes, then we'll head out," Sora said with a smile. We waited a bit longer when 2 people walked in the house. The girl looked like she was in her mid 30's and the older man looked like he could be a golf player. 
 
"Oh~ Nara unnie, Butler Jang," Sora said bowing to them. They bowed back and looked at us. 
 
"What are you guys doing here?" Butler Jang asked as we bowed to him. 
 
"We were helping Sora bring back some clothes," she smiled. He nodded and looked at us, eyeing us. "Oh, these are her friends. Baekhee is actually her roommate."
 
I bowed and smiled at them as sweet as I could. 
 
"And this is Sarang's personal Butler Jang and her personal maid, Nara," Sora explained as we nodded. She looked at them and asked, "What are you two doing here anyways?"
 
"Ever since Sarang left to dorm, I've been working for her father, so I came to retrieve some documents," Butler Jang said. 
 
"I came to water the plants out in the garden and prepare lunch for Mr. and Mrs. Lee," Nara said. Sora nodded and we heard footsteps come down the stairs, making us all look. Sarang, who was walking down, stared at us. 
 
"Is something wrong?" she asked and turned her head to see the two. She gasped and smiled widely, running down the stairs giving Nara and Butler Jang a hug. "I haven't seen you two in ages!!"
 
We weren't in a rush to leave, so we let Sarang catch up with her family.
 
Sarang's POV~
 
I sat in the kitchen with Nara and Butler Jang having tea. 
 
"How are you guys? Is umma and appa treating you two well?" I asked as they nodded with smiles. "That's good."
 
"How's school? Is it like how you dreamt of it to be?" Butler Jang asked as I nodded.  
 
"It's actually a whole lot better than I expected it to be," I said, sipping my tea. "I was quite scared of having a roommate too. The first night was a bit rough, but we got along well."
 
"She seems like a nice girl too," Butler Jang said with a smile. I smiled back and nibbled my bottom lip. 
 
"How are my parents?" I asked as they exchanged looks. "They haven't changed, huh?"
 
"You can say so," Nara softly smiled. "It's been 4 months since you've been at the dorm and not once have I seen your mother or father come home."
 
"I'm not surprised though," I forcefully smiled, rubbing my thumbs against the warm cup of tea in my hands. 
 
"By the way, how are you and Jinyoung? I saw him not too long ago," Nara asked, leaning over the table with curiosity in her eyes.
 
"We're fine I guess," I softly said. 
 
"You guess?" she asked. "Don't lie to me. When I saw him, he was with another girl."
 
I widen my eyes and stare at her. She furrows her eyebrows and lean back in her chair. 
 
"Did the two of you-"
 
"It's not like that," I cut her off with an uneasy smile. "They're just friends."
 
"It didn't look like it. She was walking away from him, but he kept running after her. It looked like a couple who had just had a fight and he wants to apologize but she refuses," Nara said, crossing her arms. "Is that what friends are doing now a days?"
 
I press my lips together and tighten my hold on the cup that had lost its warmth. 
 
"Nara, this is a situation between her and Jinyoung," Butler Jang said. 
 
"I know, but what if...what if he's cheatin-"
 
"Sarang!" I heard Baekhee's voice. She walked in the kitchen and looked at us. "You said you'd treat Kai out for dinner, so we should leave now because he's a slow eater. By the time he finishes, it's already curfew."
 
I nodded and looked at Nara and Butler Jang. They smiled and gestured me to leave. 
 
"It was nice seeing you two again," I said and bowed to them. As I walked to the living room, Nara says, "I would double check with Jinyoung if I were you. I would check if it was still you in his heart."
 
I didn't say anything and walked away with Baekhee. 
 
"What is she talking about?" she asked, but I chose to ignore her as well. It's not like that, they're just friends...right?