Chapter 30

My Roommate is A BOY?!

Baekhyun's POV~

 

It's been a week since that incident; Sarang and I haven't been in contact either. When we'd have the same class or walk passed each other, she would avoid me. I was hurt, honestly, but she didn't do it on purpose. 

 

I laid in bed one day after class, staring up at the ceiling wondering what Sarang was doing or what she was thinking right now. I wanted to go and find her, but she needed more time to think. I sighed through my nose and rolled over to my side, staring at my phone as if it would magically vibrate and the caller would be her. 

 

I stared and stared when it really did vibrate and I jumped up, quickly grabbing my phone. I looked at the caller ID and surprisingly enough, it was her!

 

"Hello!" I literally shouted into the phone out of happiness. She gave a little cute giggle before answering. 

 

"Hey," she sweetly said. It was enough to please my ears. "I want to finally talk about it...do mind if we meet up?"

 

"I don't mind at all!" I grinned and got off my bed. 

 

"Great!" she said. "Let's meet at our dorm room."

 

As I was in the middle of changing, I froze. 

 

"The dorm?" I questioned with an unsure voice. After a moment of silence, she spoke. 

 

"Yeah...I kind of miss having you around, Baekhee," she emphasized the name followed by a snicker. My heart literally leaped a bit. "So, I'll see you soon?"

 

"Yeah, I'll be there in 15," I answered and we said our goodbyes, hanging up. I held onto my phone and smiled a bit to myself. Finally, I was gonna be explaining myself to her. I quickly changed back to being my "twin sister" and ran out the house to meet Sarang. 

 

Arriving a little over 15 minutes later, I was standing in front of our dorm room. It felt weird being here since I haven't been back after the incident. I swallowed and knocked on the door. She opened it after the 4th knock and there was that same sweet smile I fell in love with. I knew this wasn't the time to be falling in love again, but I couldn't hide the blush spreading on my face. 

 

She moved aside to let me in and so I walked in, heading straight to the chair. She closed the door and locked it before taking a seat on the edge of the bed. We sat there in silence staring down at the ground not knowing how to begin our conversation. 

 

"You can take off the wig, oppa," she finally spoke, breaking the silence. 

 

"Oh," I slightly gasped and took off my wig. I looked up at her and she lightly laughed, getting up from the bed. She walked towards me. 

 

"Your hair is a mess," she grinned and with her fingers she began combing my hair into place. My pulse was speeding up at the touch and I looked up at her just when she was looking down; our eyes locking onto one another. Her cheeks started to brighten into a shade of pink and she pulled her hands away. She cleared as I did too and she went back to where she was sitting. 

 

"So...you were Baekhee this whole time," she said and I nodded. "Why did you dress up as a woman?"

 

"I wanted to graduate from the best school in Korea for cosmetic, but I had to be a woman in order to do so...that's why," I said unable to hide my embarrassed face. She noticed my expression and faintly smiled. 

 

"You don't have to be embarrassed, oppa," she softly said. "I think it's cool how much dedication and courage you have to do something like this."

 

She always knew how to pull at my heartstrings with such words. 

 

"It must have been hard for you," she said and I nodded. "But you managed to fool me and everyone else, so that means you're doing well."

 

"We'll have to see how long that'll last," I chuckled and she did too. 

 

"Do you plan to continue all of this?" she asked and I shrugged. At first, when I talked with Chanyeol that day he picked me up I told him I would. But I've thought about it for awhile and I didn't feel confident anymore. 

 

"I don't really know if I can keep up like this anymore," I spoke as she came to sit closer to me. "I don't think I can fake or hide my identity once I finish this semst-"

 

"You can't give up!" she shouted with round eyes and stood up, now standing directly in front of me. I could see the fire burning within. "Oppa! You've already come this far! And to get a degree for cosmetic only takes 2 years! You'll make it!"

 

"Yah, don't speak so loud, people will hear you," I shouted a whisper. She gasped and covered ; that small action made me smile. 

 

"But you can't give up," she said and grabbed my hand; there was warmth and sincerity in her touch. "You're so close to achieving your dreams, I don't want you to shatter it because of this."

 

"But the question is, what happens after I've achieved this dream?" I asked with a soft, bothered voice. "Do I want to achieve this goal as Baekhee or Baekhyun?"

 

Her eyes slightly widened and she slowly released my hand until I grabbed it again into mine. Her gaze shifted down to the ground not knowing what to say. 

 

"I guess you can say I want people to recognize my talent and my work as Baekhyun, not some fake woman who calls herself Baekhee," I said and tightened my grip around her hand; I was being serious now.

 

It was silent once again. She then shifted her position and was now kneeling in front of me. 

 

"Am I not good enough?" she whispered looking directly into my eyes. There was a hint of sadness in them. 

 

"What-"

 

"I admit that I've seen your talents as Baekhee, but after finding out about who you really were I realized it was all you," she said and it was her turn to tighten her grip around my hand. "It was you who made our fashion show successful; it was you who helped all the other girls with their makeup for their projects; it was you who made Sora and I come closer to our dreams. It was always Baekhyun, not Baekhee."

 

Her hands left mine and reached up to gently cup my cheeks. 

 

"I've realized your talents...I acknowledge it," she softly smiled. I felt a sense of warmth at her touch. "Don't give up, oppa. I'll do whatever I can to help you."

 

I smiled and placed my hands over hers. I gently rubbed my thumbs against the back of her hand and nodded. 

 

"I won't give up," I said and her eyes beamed. She threw her arms around my neck and hugged me tight. I snickered and hugged her back. 

 

After our talk, I eventually moved back into the dorm to finish off the semester and my relationship with Sarang went back to normal...somewhat. 

 

Sarang's POV~

 

I knew I had to stay normal, but it was hard to be normal when I knew Baekhyun was sleeping in the same room as me. When I knew Baekhyun was showering just next door or when he was wearing a wig when we walked around campus. I could never calm my heart down and I couldn't stop staring at Baekhyun as he continued to play as Baekhee. 

 

Sora still didn't know about his secret, but she's a smart girl and always gave us that suspicious look of hers. I tried the best I could to deny anything she assumed; like me falling in love with Baekhee instead or something like that. I tell you, it's because I keep staring at Baekhyun that she thinks I've fallen for his "twin".

 

"Seriously, you stare at Baekhee like the way you stare at Baekhyun," Sora said as we were in the school cafeteria. I softly laughed as she gave me a serious look. "I'm not joking here. Are you sure you're not in love with her? Maybe it's because she resembles Baekhyun so much that you've grown fond of her. Not to mention, you haven't been seeing Baekhyun lately."

 

"And I've told you every time. I am not in love with her!" I laughed. "I'm in love with Baekhyun, you know that."

 

"Yeah, but you always look so chummy with her! It's weird," she said with a shiver of disgust. I scoffed the last laugh and leaned over the table to look at her. 

 

"Maybe you're just jealous cause I've been getting closer to her," I teased and she grew red at the cheeks. 

 

"Of course! You're mine!" she pouted and crossed her arms. She seriously is adorable for a grown woman. "Well, the semester is over in another week and summer vacation starts. What are your plans?"

 

She completely changed the subject and returned to her usual self, sipping her coffee. 

 

"I don't know yet. Maybe just go home," I sighed and sipped my smoothie. "Or take summer courses."

 

"Eww," Sora grimaced. "Who takes summer courses when they should be enjoying summer?"

 

"Someone who wants to graduate earlier?" I giggled the question. "If I do take summer courses then I might be able to graduate in less than a year."

 

Considering that my degree was only a 2-year degree, I'd rather finish early. She still gave me a face of disapproval, but it didn't matter. Then my mind went off to think about Baekhyun. He, too, only had a 2-year degree for cosmetology; he's already finished on year. Would he be taking summer courses too or would he be enjoying his summer instead? I sighed at the thought and wondered what our future holds when we do graduate. 

 

Sora and I had finished our little lunch date before going separate ways to class. 

 

Baekhyun's POV~

 

I was out with the boys since class ended early; there wasn't much lectures since there was only a week left of the semester. 

 

We were all at Chanyeol's house, playing games when Suho asked about what I was planning to do after I finish the semester. I gave him a quick shrug. 

 

"Do you plan to take summer courses?" he asked; so like him as the mother of this group. "I think you should. That way you'll graduate sooner."

 

"And the quicker you get out of being a woman," Kai snickered. I was too focused on the game that I couldn't glare at the kid. 

 

"That's true," Kyungsoo added on. "Sure, you only need to be there for another year, but think about it. You can graduate sooner and not have to stress over about how you'll be able to deceive someone the next day."

 

I heard what they were saying, but I didn't speak a word. All I wondered was what Sarang was going to do. The sooner I graduate, the sooner I stop seeing her which is something I don't want. But then again, that doesn't mean I can't stop seeing her even if I graduate sooner than her. 

 

Just then, my phone rang and before I could reach it, Sehun grabbed it. 

 

"Noona," he beamed and I knew it was Sarang. "What are you doing right now?"

 

I couldn't hear what she was saying, but Sehun only grinned and nodded at every word she was saying. 

 

"Hyung is right here," he said looking directly at me. I finally stood up and tried to grab the phone from him, but being taller, he lifted it up. 

 

"Yah, give me my phone," I scolded and he shook his head. He ran away with my phone and locked himself in Chanyeol's room. "Damn, that child. He's going to say some weird stuff to her."

 

"Who told you to be so short?" Chanyeol laughed and I gave him a glare. 

 

Minutes later, he came back and was still smiling. I glared at him and snatched the phone away from his grip. 

 

"What'd you guys talk about?" I asked and he shrugged, not telling me. "Yah! Sehun!"

 

He laughed and took a seat next to Kai. 

 

"Calm down, hyung," he said. "I got you a date tonight. It's been awhile since you two had some alone time-"

 

"They have alone time every night, what are you talking about?" Kai said with the corner of his lips curling up. I rolled my eyes and Sehun continued. 

 

"She actually was the one who wanted to have dinner with you," Sehun said. "She said she'll text you the address."

 

And at the moment, she did. I felt my heart race and they made weird whale callings. 

 

"Have fun~" they all chorused and I rolled my eyes at them. I went to change and quickly left the house. 

 

I took a taxi to the restaurant and walked in to see Sarang sitting in the middle of the room, fidgeting. Was she nervous? 

 

I chuckled to myself and made my way to her. She saw me and smiled as I did too. 

 

"Did you wait long?" I asked and she shook her head. I took a seat in front of her and a waiter handed me a glass of water. 

 

"I hope I didn't distract you when you were with your friends," she said and I shook my head. 

 

"Its okay," I said. "I need some time away from them anyways."

 

She giggled and we looked at the menu soon ordering our dinner. It went quiet between us after that and we stared at our water or the people around us. 

 

"So...how's your studies?" she asked and I shrugged. 

 

"Its alright, nothing special,” I responded. “I’ve been at the library almost every night studying.”

 

“No wonder you’ve been coming back to the room so late at night. I thought you were seeing someone,” she teased. I chuckled and looked straight into her eyes. 

 

“You’re enough for me,” I said and she immediately turned red. She lowered her gaze in embarrassment, but I could see her smiling. I also felt embarrassed, but I wasn’t lying. I only want her. 

 

“So, what’s the occasion for tonight’s dinner date? I thought you said you were going to study with Sora tonight?” I asked and took a sip of my water. 

 

She also took a sip of her water and replied, “Sora and I tried to study, but she was invited to go karaoke by some old school friends. So I let her go.”

 

“Oh, so you’re using me to fill in her empty space?” I teased and she quickly denied it. 

 

“Of course I wouldn’t use you like that!” she nearly shouted. “It’s just...I....”

 

“I, what?” I pressed on. She bit her lower lip as I leaned over the table to get a closer look at her. 

 

She took in a deep breath and said, “I wanted to see you. Even when she and I were studying, I couldn’t really concentrate.”

 

I was touched to know that her thoughts were filled of me as mine are filled of her. I reached my hand over hers and gently caressed her hand. 

 

“Even though we sleep in the same room, you’re still thinking of me?” I whispered with a grin and she turned away. She’s been blushing this whole time and just seeing her like that made me think she’s really too cute. 

 

She pulled her hand away from mine and crossed her arms. “You’re teasing me.”

 

I’ll admit, I was teasing her and it was entertaining to see her pout like that. 

 

“I’m not going to say anything anymore,” she said and I whined a little. 

 

“Awwh, c’mon, I like it when you’re being a little honest with me,” I said. “I won’t tease you anymore. Think of me as much as you want.”

 

She glanced at me and I gave her the biggest smile I could. She wasn’t the type to hide her expressions well, so seeing her hold in a laugh was adorable. 

 

“In return of thinking of me, I’ll also think of you,” I said and she finally let out her laugh. 

 

“Geez, it’s hard to ever take you seriously,” she said and I laughed along with her. 

 

“That just goes to show that our relationship will go well,” I said and she smiled. 

 

“Our relationship...what is our relationship?” she asked slowly, trying to figure out another way to ask. I looked at her as she was waiting for an answer. 

 

“How about we talk about that after dinner?” I asked and she agreed it was best to have that discussion after. 

 

We ate our meal and continued to talk about studying and other things. 

 

After that, we decided to take a stroll along the Han River. It was definitely a beautiful night out, the breeze was light and cool too. 

 

Sarang’s POV~

 

Baekhyun and I walked alongside each other, our shoulders bumping into one another as we walked. We’ve been together all this time and for some reason, tonight felt different. Maybe it was because we were finally talking about “us”. Just the thought of it made me excited, yet nervous as to how he thought of us...how he thought of me. 

 

We eventually found a bench along the way and took a seat as we stared out at the river. I’m sure he was feeling just as nervous as I was, wondering how to even bring up the topic. 

 

Out of nowhere, he placed his hand on my thigh and I automatically looked at him as he looked at me. 

 

“About the two of us...,” he started off with a soft voice. I felt my heart race just hearing him say that. “I...oh man, this is a lot more difficult than I thought it’d be....”

 

His hand was still placed over my thigh as his other hand ran through his hair. He really was nervous.

 

“I really li-“

 

*ring*

 

I jumped at my phone suddenly ringing and reached for my phone. Baekhyun cleared his throat as I looked at who was calling me. 

 

It was Sora. 

 

I looked up at him and placed my phone in my lap, gesturing him to continue. I must’ve looked so impatient, but my phone continued to ring. 

 

“Why don’t you pick it up. It could be something important,” he said with a faint smile as he saw who was calling me. “I can wait.”

 

“But-“

 

“It’s fine, Sarang,” he said and I slowly moved away from him. I got up and walked towards the railing that was separating the river from the walkway. 

 

“Hello?” I picked up and I could hear laughter and loud music banging in the background. 

 

“Sarang?” Sora shouted through the phone. Must’ve been too loud for her to hear me. “Are you there?”

 

“Sora, it’s too loud. Did you need something?” I asked, plugging my other ear to hear better. 

 

“Sarang? Sarang?” she continued to ask. She didn’t sound too good either, possibly drunk. 

 

“Sora, where are you? I’ll come get you,” I said, hoping she had heard me. 

 

“I’ll text you,” she said and without another word, she hung up. 

 

I looked at my blank phone screen and heavily sighed. She always gets me on edge when she goes out. She can’t handle her alcohol well and it gets me worried about her safety. 

 

I looked at Baekhyun, who was waiting so patiently, and gave him an apologetic look. As much as I had wished to hear what he had to say, Sora was more important and he understood that. I didn’t have to say anything for him to understand. 

 

“I’ll come with you to make sure you’re both safe,” he said and got up from the bench. 

 

I wanted to object, but he already had my hand in his with our fingers interlocked as he lead the way towards the streets. He flagged down a taxi as I received a text from Sora. It wasn’t clear, but we somehow managed to find the karaoke bar she was at. 

 

Once we found her, we made our way back to the dorm and Baekhyun helped carry her to our room. He placed her on my bed and he stretched his back. 

 

“Man, she’s a lot heavier than she looks,” he heavily breathed and I gave a soft laugh. “She really needs to slow down with her alcohol. She reeks.”

 

“You can tell her that and see if she’ll listen to you cause she won’t ever listen to me,” I said as I poured a glass of water for him. He took the glass and chugged the water down. “Uhm, about earlier-“

 

“I don’t really think now is ideally the place to talk about it,” he chuckled as he wiped his lips dry. I looked at him a little surprised and shook my head with a giggle. 

 

“No, I was gonna say sorry...for ruining the moment,” I quietly said, fiddling with my fingers. I couldn’t look up to meet his eyes. 

 

He let out a sigh and I heard him walk closer to me. That made me look up, but before I could see his face, he hugged me. 

 

“It’s fine, really,” he said in a low whisper. “Besides, there are so many more opportunities for me to tell you how I really feel. It didn’t have to be tonight.”

 

I hugged him back and pulled him closer. I could hear his heart beating against my ear, it was nice to hear. 

 

“Mmhm,” we both heard a groan and froze in place as I locked eyes with Sora, although she was squinting. 

 

“Sarang?” she asked in a groggy voice. 

 

Oh no. 

 

“Baekhee?” she asked as she rubbed her eyes. 

 

Now his heart was really starting to beat, fast. 

 

“When did you get a hair cut?” she asked in her drunken state and laughed. “You look like Baekhyun now. Wow, the resemblance is real.”

 

He and I couldn’t say anything and just held on to each other. 

 

“What are we supposed to do?” he whispered. I could barely make out what he was saying. 

 

“Hey, why aren’t you guys-urp” and off to the bathroom she ran. It wasn’t going to be a pretty one, but it was better than having her find out about Baekhee’s real identity. 

 

I quickly pushed Baekhyun out as he too was trying to leave the room. We stumbled over a few things, but he managed to get out and I slammed the door shut without even saying goodbye. 

 

I leaned my back against the door and heavily breathed. I felt like I was going to have a heart attack and closed my eyes shut as I listened to Sora vomiting in the bathroom. 

 

For once, I hoped she wasn’t sober to remember any of this. 

 

The next day, Sora was groaning in the bed as she woke up to me opening the curtains. She still reeked of alcohol and the bathroom was just finally starting to smell clean again. I didn’t have a wink of sleep due to what had happened and the stench, but all fatigue was gone when I received a morning text from Baekhyun. It wasn’t much. Just a simple “good morning”, but that was enough for me. 

 

Sora continued to roll in bed and groan as I started to heat up a hangover soup I bought from the convenience store last night after I had put her back in bed. 

 

“Sora, don’t you think it’s time to get up? It’s already past noon and you’ve missed morning class,” I said as the microwave beeped. 

 

“Mmmm, I’m dying,” she muffled under the blanket. 

 

“You shouldn’t have had so much to drink. You know you can’t handle alcohol well,” I nagged and stirred her soup. “Come and eat to ease the hangover. You’re going to fall your exams if you don’t get yourself together.”

 

“Give me another day,” she replied and waved her hand to shoo me away. I sighed with a head shake and gently slapped her hand away. 

 

“Yah, I really mean it,” I said and sat down on the edge of the bed. “Besides, Baekhee will be coming in soon and you stole her bed from her last night, so-“

 

She gasped and shot her head up to look at me, her hair a complete mess and covering her face. 

 

“I just had the strangest dream about you and Baekhee last night,” she said and blew her hair away from her face. I felt nervous at what dream she could’ve possibly have had. “I saw you hugging Baekhee, like you guys were lovers. Then suddenly it was Baekhyun, but men aren’t allowed in the dorm rooms and so it suddenly turned into Baekhee again. It was weird. I mean, I get you’re in love with Baekhyun, but geez...I really do need to lay off of the alcohol.”

 

I was slightly relieved that she considered it a dream, but she wasn’t entirely wrong either. I won’t say anything for now, but Sora is a smart girl. She’s going to find out sooner or later, but I won’t tell her unless Baekhyun agrees it’s right to. 

 

I patted her head and smiled, “You’ve had quite the night. I’ll let you sleep longer, but Baekhee will be coming soon to grab some materials for her class. I’ll tell her to sneak in quietly.”

 

“And you?” she asked as she enjoyed me petting her. 

 

“I have to get to my classes and study for our upcoming exams,” I replied and got up to gather my belongings. “I’ll come check in on you after every class to ensure you’re alive.”

 

“Geez, what a way to tell me you’re worried,” she said and rolled over to her back. “Just keep me updated on the classes that we share. I promise I’ll mark 100% on all those exams.”

 

I snickered and put on my backpack. 

 

“I’m going to trust your words,” I said and left with a final goodbye. 

 

3rd Person POV~

 

It hasn’t been an hour since Sarang left the room and Sora finally got up to eat her soup, which was now cold. But she couldn’t really focus on the temperature or even the taste because her mind was filled with what had happened last night. 

 

“They were definitely hugging each other last night,” she said to herself with suspicious eyes. She knew well enough she was drunk, but she couldn’t doubt her eyes either. 

 

“Baekhee or Baekhyun? Just who was it?” she continued to question. 

 

Just then, the door opened and she made eye contact with the person she was suspicious of. 

 

“Oh, Sora, you’re awake?” Baekhee smiled as she entered the room. “I thought you’d be-“

 

“Baekhyun,” Sora said and he stopped in his tracks. 

 

Did she hit the target?