Chapter 29

My Roommate is A BOY?!

Sarang's POV~

My feet started to move on its own as I ran after Baekhyun. He must have heard my footsteps to which he came to a stop and turned around. I wasn't able to stop in time, so I ran into him. His arms wrapped around me to keep us balanced on our feet. 
 
"S-Sarang?" he said my name, confused. "What are you doing?"
 
I pulled away from him and felt my face heat up. I was too embarrassed to face him. 
 
"I...I," I tried to find the right words or at least make a good excuse. 
 
"You're going to be late to class," he softly said, worried. "I'll walk you back-"
 
"No," was all I could say; this time I was looking directly at his eyes. He widened his eyes slightly then furrowed his brows. 
 
"What's wrong?" he asked, reaching his arms out. My heart was pounding  so loud that I could hear it. "Sarang?"
 
I swallowed hard and clenched my fists. 
 
"I...I don't want to go," I said like a stubborn child. "I don't want to go to class...I want-"
 
He embraced me tight, unable to finish my sentence. Pressed against his chest, I could hear his heart beating; it was going just as crazy as mine. 
 
"I know what you want to say...but what would I do if you missed something important? What would I do if your grades were dropping because of me?" he whispered into my neck as he buried his face deeper against it. I could feel the heat he was emitting from his body. 
 
"Just for tonight, please," I quietly begged. I just wanted to be with him.
 
He released me and looked into my eyes with a passionate gaze. 
 
"I'm sorry," he softly said and I felt my chest tighten. "If you're with me tonight, then I won't let you go home the next day or the following day. I'll just continue to be selfish and keep you all to myself if you're with me, then your grades would drop and I'd become guilty."
 
He was right...I was being selfish myself. I pouted a little and sighed with a nod. 
 
"Fine," I breathed out and looked up at him. He smiled, pleased, and gave me one last hug. 
 
"Don't think I'm pushing you away because I don't want to be with you...I want to be with you more than anyone else," he said and it sounded sweet in my ears. "I'll call you tonight."
 
I nodded and he let me go. I waved goodbye and started walking back to the school. I got to my classroom and took my seat, just in time for the lecture to start. 
 
Baekhyun's POV~
 
At home, I flopped onto my bed and buried my face in my pillow. I still wasn't able to calm my breathing, just thinking about her. 
 
"She's too cute...seriously," I muffled into the pillow. I really didn't want to let her go, but I had to. Her education is just as important to me as it is to her; I can't ruin that for her. 
 
I rolled over to my back and stared up at the ceiling. 
 
"What am I going to do tonight? How am I going to keep my cool as Baekhee?" I asked myself and sighed loudly. "I shouldn't have fallen in love with her...I went to school because of my dream to become a famous make-up artist, but now all I can think about is her."
 
Then all the memories flooded me from the beginning to now. I smiled at the memories...she and I didn't get along at all but we got closer to one another. And that smile...I fell in love with that smile, then eventually fell in love with her. 
 
I sighed and looked at the time. I needed to get ready to role play Baekhee, so I got up and went to get dressed. Once I was done, I headed out to the school and wondered how I would be tonight. I got the the dorms and walked to my room, opening it with my key. 
 
I entered and saw Sarang studying at the desk. She looked up to me and smiled. 
 
"Hey," she welcomed me.
 
"Hey," I said trying not to sound awkward. "Did you just finish your night class?"
 
"Yeah, the professor let us out early," she replied and turned her attention back to her textbook. At the same, she was sketching some designs when she got bored. 
 
She may have not felt it, but I wasn't feeling right. It was the fact that I was with the girl I love, resembling a girl myself and she had no idea of it. 
 
"I'm going to shower," I said in order to run away. She nodded without looking up. I went to the bathroom and locked the door behind me. I started to strip and being half , I looked myself in the mirror and saw my face red. 
 
I've been under the same roof for months, but it was different now. We were closer to each other and just thinking about showering felt weird. I took in a deep breath and slowly let out before fully undressing and entering the shower. 
 
Once I had finished, I walked out making sure everything was pm correctly and looked at Sarang to see her asleep. Her peaceful face was too hard to not stare at. 
 
I walked over to her and placed a strand of hair behind her ear. She stirred a bit and seemed to have snuggled closer to my fingers. I smiled a bit and patted her head. I knew I had to eventually lift her and place her on the bed or else she'd get bad neck cramps the next morning, but I waited until she was in a deep sleep. 
 
I waited for another 10 minutes when I heard her soft snores, then lifted her up in my arms to set her on the bed. I removed her cardigan so that she would be more comfortable and covered her with a thin blanket since it was a warmer night. 
 
Seeing her at peace, I had the urge to kiss her. I tried to hold myself back, but it was too hard to endure. I took off my wig and set it aside, leaning my face closer to hers. My lips brushed against hers and I thought that was enough, so I pulled myself up when I noticed her eyes were slightly opened. My breathing stopped immediately. 
 
"Baekhyun...?" she whispered and instantly went back to sleep. My pulse was racing and I felt a sense of relief when she was snoring again. I breathed out loud and placed a hand over my chest. 
 
"That was too close," I whispered and put my wig back on. 
 
Sarang's POV~
 
I woke up to Baekhyun's scent. My mind still unstable and my vision still blurry, I sat up and saw no one else in the room. The sun was already up and Baekhee was no where in sight again; I had gotten used her to not being around. I yawned and stretched my arms up, taking a deep breath as Baekhyun's scent once again filled me. Then I started to remember something...a dream. Baekhyun was here with me and had given me a light kiss, but there'd be no way for him to have physically been here. Men are banned from this dorm and campus. 
 
I sighed and decide to get out of bed when the door clicked open. Baekhee walked in and smiled once she saw me. 
 
"Good morning," she greeted and I returned the greeting. "How was your sleep?"
 
"Great," I smiled and did a few more stretches. "This might sound crazy, but I had a dream Baekhyun was in here."
 
She seemed to have frozen as she was taking off her sweater. 
 
"It almost seemed real," I laughed lightly and headed to the bathroom.  "Well, I'm going to wash up."
 
I finished washing up and getting dressed. Once again, Baekhee wasn't in the room but there was a tray of breakfast on the desk. I smiled and saw a note that said, "Enjoy your breakfast!"
 
I giggled and sat down to eat it before I headed out to me Sora and the boys for our last shooting. 
 
-----
 
We met at the same park we did the previous shoot at and clothed the guys up. It us over an hour to get everyone ready and we starting to shoot them at various angles. We were pretty done with our project when Sehun brought up a suggestion. 
 
"Wouldn't it be nice if we modeled with a woman?" he asked with a cheeky grin staring directly at me. 
 
"Ouu~ that sounds like a fun idea!" Sora beamed at me with the camera in her hands. 
 
"Oh no, I'm okay guys," I declined, embarrassed. 
 
"C'mon noona, this won't be included in your project," Kai smiled and grabbed my wrist when his own wrist was grabbed by Baekhee's. Her expression was serious and a bit scary. 
 
"If you want a woman, then use me," she said almost like she was forcing those words out. Kai and the others exchanged glances then smiled happily. 
 
"Gladly," Kai chuckled and let me go. He wrapped an arm around Baekhee's shoulders. "Shall we noona?"
 
Baekhee rolled her eyes and followed him to the rest. The positioned themselves surrounding her and it looked like a masterpiece. They looked so natural...so cool! Although her outfit was different from the actual concept, she blended in so well with them. 
 
"That's right, give me more," Sora said a bit too excited snapping their photos. Kai and Sehun seemed to be enjoying this a lot too as their poses were really confident. Kyungsoo oppa was more innocent and manly; Suho oppa was charismatic and Chanyeol as well but with a hint of y to him. Baekhee was flawless herself as she was just standing there; I envied her. 
 
"Alright! Let's wrap this up, guys!" Sora said and they took one last photo, but it was a goofy one. I laughed so the outcome and was amazed at how well the photos turned out. 
 
"If only hyung was here, it would've been more fun, right noona?" Sehun asked nudging me. I blushed a bit and slowly nodded. He chuckled and we starting packing things up. 
 
We walked to the car when I remembered that my mother had called me earlier to join her for dinner. 
 
"Hey, you guys go on ahead. I've got plans with my mom," I said as they smiled at me. 
 
"That must be something to look forward to," Suho said since they all knew I haven't been in contact with my parents nor have I seen them. I nodded and looked at Baekhee. 
 
"I won't be coming to the dorm tonight," I told her and I waved them goodbye. 
 
Baekhyun's POV~
 
I watched as she disappeared from my sight and Kai nudged me to board the car. I got in and they sent Sora and I back to the dorm before going home. 
 
"Let's meet in my room and go over the photos. We can update Sarang tomorrow," she said and I nodded. 
 
Later that night, Sora and I made some finishing touches on the photos when she started talking about a different subject; one I never expected. 
 
"Does Chanyeol have a girlfriend?" she asked. I widened my eyes, shocked. "Don't give me that look, I'm not interested in him."
 
But her face was red; so like her, acting chic. 
 
"No, he doesn't," I answered her with a grin. "But girls like you are his style."
 
"I said I wasn't interested," she denied it. I snickered and shook my head. 
 
"Of course not," I teased. She giggled a bit and sighed. 
 
"What about Baekhyun?" she then asked, making my heart stop for a second. I stiffened and she continued. "Just because you're his twin doesn't necessarily mean that you know the answer, but does he really love Sarang?"
 
It was silent for a moment when she cleared . 
 
"Of course you wouldn't know the answer. My mista-"
 
"He does," I finally spoke in a soft voice. She looked at me with round eyes. "He's deeply in love with her, almost crazy for her."
 
I laughed a little. 
 
"But because of her recent break up, he doesn't want to rush the relationship so he's enduring it as much as he can," I confessed. "But he loves her a lot."
 
Sora smiled. "Thats good to know. I was worried he'd get tired of waiting since Sarang didn't want to rush it either."
 
I smiled and gave her a sincere gaze. 
 
"He'll wait, no matter how long it takes because she's the only one," I said and her eyes rounded a bit. I realized that I may have sounded weird. 
 
"Wow...it's almost as if it were really Baekhyun talking," she said, amazed. "I guess that's the power of twins."
 
I laughed and we ended the night. I went back to my room and since it was just going to be me tonight, I took off my wig and attire to be more comfortable in what I liked to be in. 
 
I showered and didn't have to worry about walking out half-. I cleaned up after myself and got in bed, turning off the lamp besides me. 
 
I hadn't realized that it was morning when I heard the door click open. With my eyes slightly open, I saw light sneak into the room and someone's footsteps. Forgetting about my appearance or setting, I sat up to see who had entered and heard a scream. 
 
I widened my eyes and jumped out of bed, running up to Sarang and covered . I quickly slammed the door shut and felt my pulse racing. I then realized where I was, who I was portraying myself as and that I was shirtless. With one arm around her waist and my hand covering , I felt her tremble. 
 
"Sarang?!" I heard Sora's worried voice on the other side of the door, knocking. "What's wrong?! Sarang?!"
 
She glanced up at me and I shook my head to keep her quiet. I slowly released her as her breathing was unstable. 
 
"I-I'm fine! It was just a bug!" she answered, not taking her eyes off mine. 
 
"Thank goodness!" Sora said. "Then I'll see you at class later."
 
"Okay!" she replied and there was silence. 
 
"Sarang-"
 
"Why are you in here? You're not supposed to be in here. Where's Baekhee?" she quickly asked not understanding the situation. I was quiet and tried to pick the right words, but she became impatient. "Say something!"
 
I swallowed hard and turned my gaze away. "...Baekhee."
 
"What?" she asked not hearing me properly. 
 
"I am Baekhee," I said louder and looked her straight in the eyes. She gasped and widened her eyes. 
 
"You're lying..." she shook her head. I knew there were mixed emotions welling up in her, but I just couldn't stand there anymore. My lie had been exposed, so my only option was to give her the truth. 
 
I took a step towards her, but she stepped back. 
 
"Please don't come any closer," she whispered and I felt my heart drop. "Th-this is too much right now. I need to be alone right now."
 
She moved passed me and ran out the door. I felt my heart squeeze and i slipped into a shirt. I forced on my wig and ran out the door after her. 
 
I didn't know where she was, but I searched the whole entire school for her; I wanted to explain myself. Searching here and there, I failed to find her when I felt my phone vibrate. I pulled it out saw a text message from her. 
 
To: Baekhyun
From: Sarang
I'm sorry, but I need some time to calm my mind. I'll be staying with Sora in her room for the next few nights...I won't tell her your secret.
 
I clenched my jaw and gripped on my phone tighter. Maybe it is best to leave her alone for now; I'd be shock myself if I was in her shoes. 
 
I sighed and texted her. 
 
To: Sarang
From: Baekhyun 
I understand, but you can stay in our room. I think it's best if I were the one to leave for the moment, but it's your choice. One way or another, I won't be there anyways. 
 
I got no reply and decided to head back to the room to pack some stuff. I contacted Chanyeol and told him everything. He agreed to pick me up at the gates, so I dragged my stuff and met him there. 
 
"What are you going to do now?" he asked, helping me put my bags in the trunk. 
 
"I'll tell her the truth when she's ready," I sighed and got in the passenger's seat. He got in the driver's seat and drive off. 
 
"Does that mean that you're going to drop out?" he asked and I shook my head. 
 
"I'll finish what I've started," I answered while staring at the side-view mirror at the school. "My primary goal was to graduate from this school as a makeup artist and that's what I'll do."
 
He looked at me with a pitied expression. 
 
"What if the school board found out?" he asked and I didn't know how to answer him.