Chapter 5

My Roommate is A BOY?!

 

Sarang's POV~
 
"Sora!" I shouted her name as she stopped dragging me with her. "Why are you suddenly acting like this?"
 
"Why? Because you asked me to give that girl my notes!!  Do you not know how ill mannered she is?! She even called you an animal!" she shouted. "How can I not act this way when she's so rude towards you? How can I possibly give her my notes?!"
 
"Unnie, Baekhee isn't a bad person. She only acted that way because she didn't know me well enough," I said. "She's actually a really nice person."
 
"I don't think so, I think she's a fake," Sora said, crossing her arms. I sighed and shook my head. 
 
"Unnie, I don't think she's a fake. Why don't you try getting to know her? It's like high school all over again where we make new friends," I said with a smile as she looked at me then sighed. 
 
"Ugh, fine," she said and hugged me. "I really don't want to be friends with her, but because you're so cute I will."
 
"That's not really a good reason to be her friend just because I'm cute," I said as she was suffocating me with the hug. 
 
"I'll hand her my notes too," she said and released the hug, searching in her bag for her notebook. She pulled out a pink notebook and handed it to me saying, "Tell her to give it back ASAP, got it?"
 
"I will, thanks unnie," I said and walked away to find Baekhee. I went up to the dorm room first, thinking she'd be there. I walked down the hallway and stood in front of our room. I knocked first, then inserted my key, entering. 
 
"Baekhee?" I asked, closing the door behind me. "I got Sora's notes for you, are you in here?"
 
I heard the toilet flush, so I stared at the bathroom door as it opened. Once our eyes met, she flinched and rounded her eyes. 
 
"Sarang, what are you doing here? You scared me," she said with a shaky voice. "Did you forget something?"
 
"Uh, no...I brought Sora's note she took today from the class you missed," I said and handed her Sora's notebook. "Don't you have class today?"
 
"Nope, not today. I only had one class," she said, flipping through the pages. "Sora really isn't that bad of a girl."
 
"Of course she isn't," I said and set my bag down. "She's really nice and outgoing."
 
She just looked at me and smiled, then set the notebook on my desk. 
 
"Do you not have class today either?" she asked as I nodded. "Then are you just going to stay in here?"
 
She nodded while sketching some designs. 
 
"Why don't you hang out with your boyfriend? I'm sure he'd like that," she said, grabbing her bag. 
 
"As much as I want to, I can't because he has classes today," I said smiling at her. "And where are you going?"
 
"Oh, I'm going to hang out with some friends today. Don't wait up for me okay?" she said and opened the door. "You'll be fine alone, right?"
 
"I'll be fine, just go have fun," I said and waved her goodbye, then sighed once she left. "What am I going to do for the rest of today? Sora has class till evening, Jinyoung also has class and Baekhee's hanging out with friends...this is when I need more than one friend. Maybe I'll go for a run, it's been awhile since I've been in shape."
 
Baekhyun's POV~ 
 
I walked out of the dorm building and looked back, wondering if Sarang really will be fine alone. I continued to stare at the building when my cell rung. 
 
"Hello?" I answered. 
 
"Where are you? We're all waiting at the karaoke center!" Chanyeol shouted over the loud music. 
 
"I'm on my way," I said and hung out without saying goodbye. I sighed and decided that she'd be fine, so I left to meet up with him and the others. 
 
Arriving at the karaoke center, I quickly changed from my girl clothes to boy clothes and headed to the room Chanyeol and the others were in. I opened the door and was welcomed by the humidity of the room and their loud screams, along with girls on each of their laps. 
 
"Ah~! Hyung, you're here!" Kai shouted waving me over to him as the girl on his lap, smirked at me. I rolled my eyes and sat away from them. 
 
"Baekhyun, sing for us," Chanyeol said, throwing me the mic. He turned to the girl next to him and sweetly smiled, saying, "He's a really good singer. You should hear him sing."
 
"Ou~ sing for us," the girl said with a smile. Seeing her smile made me wonder why my heart wasn't pounding this time. I actually thought my heart pounded when any girl smiled at me, but I guess I was wrong. 
 
"I'm alone too, so why don't you sing for me?" a girl with caramel hair asked with a sweet smile, but still my heart wouldn't pound. 
 
"Sure," I said and picked a random song. I began singing and they all seemed amazed, well at least the girls did. 
 
I finished singing and they all cheered for me. The girl that was alone jumped on me, wrapping her arms around my neck. 
 
"Oppa~ you're really an amazing singer," she said as I just nodded and nicely pushed her away. "Oppa, come sit next to me."
 
I didn't know what to say or what to do, so I just stood in the front of the room.
 
"Oh? Did you want to do a duet?" she asked with a grin. I shook my head and took a seat in between Suho and Sehun. 
 
"Is this all we're doing today?" I asked as they nodded. 
 
"Why? You don't like it?" Suho asked with a smirk while the girl next to him just stared at him, mesmerized. 
 
"This isn't really my kind of thing," I said, leaning back in my seat. "I'd much rather be at the dorm with that boring girl."
 
"Are you talking about Sarang noona?" Sehun asked with a happy grin. 
 
"Who else would I be talking about?" I asked, while watching Chanyeol jump around with Kai and two other girls. Sehun just shrugged and smiled. 
 
I don't know how long I sat in that room, but I was starting to get extremely bored and for the first time, cause whenever I'm with them I never get bored. 
 
"Hey, I'm going. I've got class in the morning," I said and stood up when someone grabbed my hand. 
 
"Eh? You're leaving already?" that same caramel hair girl asked as I nodded. "Why don't you take me home then?"
 
"How am I suppose to take you home when I took a bus here?" I asked as she stared at me. "Do you wanna ride the bus with me?"
 
"It's fine. I don't ride buses," she said with disgust and turned away while I just glared at her. 
 
"I hope you know you're not special at all," I said and walked out of the room, heading out the building. I walked to the bus stop and waited, plugging in my earphones when someone tapped my shoulder. I turned around and in an instant my heart began pounding. 
 
"You're Baekhee's twin brother, Baekhyun, right?" she asked as I nodded, then she smiled. "I thought I was wrong."
 
"Well you're not," I said and couldn't have my heart stop pounding. "What are you doing out this late? It's already 8pm, should you be at the dorm?"
 
"I was just heading back to the dorm," she said and stood next to me. "Are you also taking the bus home?"
 
"Uh, yeah," I said and we stood in silence for a bit. "So, what did you do all day?"
 
"Mmm, after Baekhee left to hang out with her friends I went for a run at the Han River, then decided to go window shopping," she said with a smile. "And you?"
 
"I hung out with my friends at the karaoke center," I said, tapping my toe on the cement. 
 
"Oh~ that sounds fun," she said. I just stared at her, showing her how "fun" it was with my face. "Was it not fun?"
 
"It was a bit annoying," I said, staring out to he empty street. "There were girls there and they were being a bit touchy. I hate those kinds of girls."
 
"Really?" she asked as I nodded. "Then what types of girl are you into?"
 
"Me?" I asked. She nodded with curious eyes. "I don't really know...I guess I like girls like...like...like you?"
 
"Like me?" she asked as I nodded. 
 
"Although this is only our second time meeting, I feel like I know you quite a bit," I said with a smile. Obviously, because I live with you.
 
"You seem like a good person, a person who has many charms that will make anyone fall for you because of that smile of yours," I said not realizing what I just said until 10 seconds after I said it. She just smiled awkwardly at me and stared out at the empty street.
 
"S-sorry, I said something weird didn't I?" I asked, but she just shook her head. 
 
"It's not weird at all," she said and soon the bus came. We both got on and sat 2 seats away from each other. The bus was completely empty and I hadn't noticed it until now, but I forgot my bag at the karaoke center. I was seriously freaking out in the bus because I didn't have "Baekhee's" clothes to change into! Great, could this day get any worse?!
 
The bus came to my stop and I walked out with Sarang behind me. I pulled out my phone and began texting Chanyeol loke crazy to bring my bag to me. I didn't know where to go other than to the dorm, but I couldn't because I wasn't Baekhee yet. I looked back and saw Sarang walking the opposite direction towards the dorm, so I decided that I would walk her back like a normal, generous person would. I ran up to her and tapped her shoulder. 
 
"I'll walk you back to the dorm since it's late," I said as she just stared at me. "U-uhm, you see there are bad people out lately so I thought it'd be wrong if a girl walks home alone...."
 
"Well, if you insist," she said and so we both walked back while I anxiously waited for a reply from Chanyeol.
 
"Baekhyun, what's your sister like?" Sarang suddenly asked while we slowly made our way to the dorm. 
 
"My sister?" I asked, forgetting that Baekhee was my sister. "Oh! Uhm, she's really...really...nice?"
 
"I know that," she giggled. "I want to know more about her and what she's like. What her hobby is and what she likes."
 
"Why would you want to know all of that? Especially from me? Isn't it better to get to know her yourself?" I asked as she scratched her head. 
 
"That's true, but I feel like she doesn't quite like me," she said, pouting. I snickered and petted her head. 
 
"She likes you, she just doesn't know how to express it," I said with a smile. "But Baekhee likes you."
 
She just looked at me then smiled again. We both continued to walk to the dorm when we got to the gates of the school. 
 
"I'd walk you all the way in, but I'm guessing guys aren't allowed to set foot in the campus?" I chuckled as she did too. "You've got a curfew right? So you should head in, I'll leave once I see you enter the dorm building."
 
"Thank you for walking me Baekhyun," she smiled and bowed before leaving. I watched her enter the dorm building and just stood there looking like a creeper, but where else could I go? 
 
I sat under a nearby tree and waited for Chanyeol to bring my things, but still he didn't show up. I curled my legs up against my chest and waited when I heard heavy footsteps approach me. I looked up and saw that giant baby running towards me. 
 
"Yah! What took you so long?! I've been waiting for almost an hour now! Do you not know how cold it is?!" I scolded. He just smiled at me and handed me my bag. 
 
"Sorry, I took Leena home and she lived the opposite direction," he said as I furrowed my eyebrows. 
 
"Who the hell is Leena?" I asked, taking off my shirt now half . 
 
"The girl I was with at the karaoke center," he said with a happy grin. I just nodded and continued to change out in public as he continued to brag about her. 
 
"Thanks for bringing my stuff back," I said and walked away, seeing that the gate was closing. I gasped and started sprinting to see the Dean there. 
 
"What the? Are you just coming back now?" she asked glaring at me. I nodded and gulped as she narrowed her eyes at me. "Good thing you got here on time or else you would've been locked out. Now go to your room and don't come late again."
 
"Yes ma'am," I said and bowed to her, running to the dorm building. I entered, heading to my room and once I opened the door I saw Sarang asleep at her desk. I set my bag down and quietly shut the door behind me as I walked up to her. She was laying on too of some papers and so I silently pulled the papers from under her to see that she had written the notes I missed for me. I swear, this girl....
 
I sighed and set the papers aside, seeing that she was in an uncomfortable position, so I slipped my arms under her and carried her up bridal-style. I walked her over to the bed laying her down when she slightly opened her eyes, making my head pound hard against my chest. 
 
"Baekhyun?" she asked, making it pound even harder as I held in my breath. 
 
"I-it's Baekhee," I said with a shaky voice. 
 
"Oh," she said with a soft smile. "I never noticed how much you two looked alike, but you're just prettier."
 
I swallowed hard and nodded as she knocked out in a split second. I headed to the bathroom and let out my breath that I've been holding in. I swear, this girl is sometimes scary. I seriously have to be careful from now on.