Chapter 21

My Roommate is A BOY?!

 

Baekhyun's POV~
 
It's already been 3 days since I've stayed with Sarang for winter break and all we've done was watch some shows, eat, drink and sleep; nothing special. But I wanted to change that old routine and go do something fun, so I decided to take her ice skating at Lotte World. 
 
"Sarang, put on some warm clothes and lets go out," I said, already slipping into my winter jacket. She didn't ask questions and changed right away. With no car, we both walked to the bus stop in the cold; I almost didn't want to go anymore, but for Sarang and myself, I endured the cold cause I know it'll be worth it later. 
 
A good 7 minutes went by and the bus finally came, so we entered and sat at the back. 
 
"So, where are we going?" Sarang finally asked. 
 
"We're going somewhere fun," was all I said with a smile. She snickered and looked at me. 
 
"That narrows it down for me," she giggled. I chuckled along and the bus slowly went into silence. To be honest, there wasn't much to talk about since we've been together for 3 days now, under the same roof; there was just nothing to talk about, but luckily the ride to Lotte World wasn't long either. 
 
Sarang and I got off the bus and headed straight to the indoor amusement park for the time being to warm up. Since we were sitting in the food court, we might as well have some lunch too. We went to a Chinese restaurant and ordered jajangmyun with fried dumplings. Still, in silence, we slurped our noodles. 
 
Sarang's POV~
 
The silence was becoming more common around us, considering that we didn't have anything to talk about. I was still curious on what we were going to do today, but whatever Baekhyun had planned, it's usually fun. 
 
Baekhyun and I had finished eating around the same time and left after paying. 
 
"Do you want to play first or shop?" he asked, looking down at me with his hands in his jacket's pockets. 
 
"Define play," I asked without making it sound like a question as he shrugged. 
 
"Well, the reason I brought you here was to get some fresh air and to ice skate," he said with a smile. "But if you want to do some last minute christmas shopping then we could do that first, I don't mind."
 
"I've bought everyone something already, so there's not much shopping I need or want to do," I smiled. "Let's just stick to your plan and play."
 
"Are you sure?" he asked with an eyebrow raised. I nodded and so we headed down to the ice rink. 
 
We rented some skates and immediately headed onto the rink. I'm an excellent skater, but Baekhyun...I would've imagined him to be a bit better. He was hanging onto the wall as his legs wobbled on the rink. I snickered and skated towards him. 
 
"Can you really not skate?" I asked as he ignored my eyes out of embarrassment. "Do you want a hand?"
 
"I'm fine," he said and skated along the wall. I decided to let him do what he wanted, but I felt bad after seeing him fall flat on his . I know I shouldn't laugh, but I did and skated towards him. I grabbed his arm and lifted him up, which was difficult considering he's a bit bigger than me. 
 
"If you wanted to skate then shouldn't you at least know how to skate?" I giggled. He huffed out a sigh and hung onto the wall again. 
 
"That's why I'm practicing," he said with a smile. "Unless you want to help me."
 
"I don't mind," I smiled and held my hand out. "Hold onto my hand and I'll try my best to help you."
 
He slowly reached his hand towards mine and held on tight. He then released the wall and immediately fell onto the ground. I laughed again and helped him up. 
 
"Try to balance yourself," I laughed and held his arm. 
 
"I think I'm balanced," he stuttered. He seemed pretty sturdy, so I started to skate with him besides me. "I think it's best if you hold my hand. If you're holding onto my arm then we'll both fall."
 
I agreed to it and held onto his hand. He was a bit shaky at first, but he got the hang of it. We skated for a good 30 minutes while holding hands when my legs started to ache. He noticed and stopped, turning to me. 
 
"Do you want to stop?" he asked, but I didn't want to ruin his plans so I shook my head. "Don't lie to me. We'll stop for now, how about we grab something warm to drink?"
 
"Sure," was all I said and so he led me to the exit. We had returned our skates and entered a cafe when we heard a loud, low voice call our name. I looked at the direction the voice came from and saw Chanyeol waving at us with a girl beside him. 
 
"Come and sit with us~!" Chanyeol shouted while cupping his mouth. It was a bit embarrassing, but Baekhyun insisted we go. We sat down across from them and he was all smiles. 
 
"What are you guys doing here?" he asked looking from me to Baekhyun. 
 
"We came to have fun cause it was getting a little boring at her place," Baekhyun said and looked at the girl. "What are you and Sara doing here? Are you two dating?!"
 
"Never in my life or afterlife would I date this giant," the girl, Sara, scoffed. "Chanyeol oppa only asked me to hang with him cause he was bored too."
 
"Ahhh~," was all Baekhyun said, then noticed me looking at her. "Oh, Sarang, this is our childhood friend Sara. Sara, this is...uh, my sister's roommate."
 
"Hello," I politely greeted with a smile. She smiled back and looked at Baekhyun. 
 
"I didn't know you had a sister," Sara said, looking clueless while Baekhyun and Chanyeol both widened their eyes. Something was suspicious to me after seeing their actions. 
 
"Y-yeah you have," Baekhyun stuttered. "You remember Baekhee?"
 
"Yeah! You met her when...when we, uhm, yeah you've met her," Chanyeol said as she stared at them weirdly. He then leaned into her ear and whispered something, then she gasped and nodded. 
 
"R-right! I've met her!" she said with a single clap as she remembered. "Yeah, well it's nice to meet you."
 
They were acting weird, but I just smiled it off. 
 
"Uhm, I'm going to buy something to drink, I'll be back," Baekhyun said and left the table. I then felt a sudden awkwardness in the air. Both Chanyeol and Sara avoided eye contact with me and cleared their throats. 
 
"Soooo, Sarang," Sara said with an awkward smile. "How did you and Baekhyun meet?"
 
"How did we meet?" I repeated the question as she nodded, now curious. "Well...we both met at a cafe near the university I'm at. I was waiting for my boyfriend Jinyoung, but I saw Chanyeol and recognized him. Then I meet the other boys and Baekhyun, that's how I found out he was Baekhee's twin sister."
 
"Awwh~ that sounds romantic, except for the part when you were waiting for your boyfriend," she smiled. "But we saw you guys earlier and you two were holding hands. Are you and Baekhyun-"
 
"No!" I said, almost like I was shouting at them. "H-he didn't know how to skate, so I helped him by holding his hand. That's why...."
 
"Oh," was all she said then furrowed her eyebrows. "But he knows how to skate, actually, he's an amazing skater. When he was in high school, he used to teach kids as volunteer work."
 
That was some new information, which surprised me. 
 
"But he kept falling and his legs were unsteady," I said furrowing my eyebrows. 
 
"Hmm, maybe he had another reason on his mind," Chanyeol playfully smirked. 
 
"Probably," I said. 
 
"Anyways," Sara smiled. "Tell me how you and your boyfriend, Jinyoung, met."
 
Baekhyun's POV~
 
I stood by the counter waiting for my drinks to come, tapping my fingers against the counter. 
 
"Can I get two cappuccinos?" a female voice said besides me. I took a glance and immediately knew who it was. 
 
"Sumi?" I said her name as she looked up at me and smiled. 
 
"Oh~?! Oppa!" she smiled. "What are you doing here?"
 
"Am I not allowed to buy coffee here?" I snickered as she giggled. "I'm here with some friends, you?"
 
"I'm with a classmate," she answered. "It's not Jinyoung though, a girl this time."
 
I smiled and asked, "How are things going between the two of you?"
 
She pressed her lips tight together and shrugged. 
 
"It's still the same, somewhat," she said. "I still like him and I'm restraining myself for causing more trouble for him and Sarang...by the way, does she know? About me?"
 
"She knows...but she's trying really hard not to believe it," I responded with a faint smile. 
 
"Sir, your drinks are done," the cashier woman said and handed me my drinks. I bowed and had already paid before hand. 
 
"You haven't paid for your drinks yet, right?" I asked Sumi. She nodded and so I set my drinks aside and looked the cashier. "I'd like to pay for her drinks."
 
"O-oppa," Sumi widened her eyes. I handed the cash and smiled down at Sumi. 
 
"This is my early Christmas present to you," I said and bowed to her and the cashier, taking my drinks and joined my friends. I didn't know what they were talking about, but I didn't want to interrupt right in the middle, so I handed Sarang her favorite drink; a caramel cooler. She smiled a "thank you" to me and sipped the drink while I concentrated on what they were saying. 
 
"I was a big bully to the boys," Sara laughed. "Especially Chanyeol and Baekhyun~"
 
"Not only a bully, but a boy too," Chanyeol muttered, earning a hard glare from Sara. Chanyeol looked past me and pointed behind me. "Yah, a girl's checking you out."
 
I furrowed my eyebrows and turned around to meet eyes with Sumi, who sweetly smiled with a wave. I smiled back and waved to her. 
 
"Do you know her?" Chanyeol asked, amazed. 
 
"Somewhat," I replied and looked at Sarang, who's eyes were locked on Sumi. 
 
"She's really pretty," Chanyeol drooled. 
 
"Aigoo, look at this beast drool," Sara muttered. I chuckled and took another glance at Sarang, who kept staring at Sumi. "Hey, let's all have a little hangout with the others. It's been awhile since I've seen Kyungsoo and Suho along with those 2 kiddies."
 
"Sounds good," I agreed. 
 
"Oh, Sarang unni~ you come join us too," Sara smiled as Sarang nodded on agreement and so we talked for a bit longer before going our separate ways. 
 
On our way into Sarang's house, she quietly asked, "That girl, is she the one you went on a date with?"
 
"Sumi?" I asked as she nodded. "Yeah, why?"
 
"I was just wondering," she softly said while biting the corner of her bottom lip. I snickered and leaned down to eye level. 
 
"Why were you looking at somebody else's date when you should've been focusing on yours?" I asked as she cleared . She looked away and crossed her arms. 
 
"It's not like I can look away when I see someone familiar," she muttered. I chuckled and ruffled her hair. 
 
"I couldn't look away either," I smiled sweetly before walking off, leaving her flustered. 
 
[A/N] : Sorry that I haven't been able to update. I've been really busy with school, family and what not, but since I've finished my fall semester exams and have a 3 week winter break, I'll be sure to update as much as I can:) Thanks for waiting so patiently.