Chapter 23

My Roommate is A BOY?!

 

Sarang's POV~
 
It was Christmas and for once, I was excited to celebrate because I wasn't going to be alone. I had plans with Sera for the morning and dinner with Baekhyun at a restaurant to exchange out gifts. There wasn't going to be a Christmas with Jinyoung this year. 
 
I was in my room, curling my hair when I heard someone knock on my door. 
 
"Sarang, Sera's here," Baekhyun said through the door. 
 
"Okay!" I replied and quickly curled my hair. I fixed my dress and walked out the door to have Baekhyun grab my wrist. 
 
"Are you really going out like that?" he asked with a smile and an eyebrow raised. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at myself. 
 
"What do you mean?" I asked as he released my wrist. 
 
"You might not be able to see it, but I bet the boys walking behind you will," he said with a sigh. "You have a big hole in you pantyhose."
 
I touched my back thigh and it really was a big hole. I gasped and rounded my eyes, running back into my room, slamming the door shut. 
 
"Aish! So embarrassing!" I loudly whispered, taking my pantyhose off. I could hear Baekhyun's laugh fade down the hallway making me grow hotter in my cheeks. 
 
I walked out with non-ripped tights and walked out of my room being cautious of my back legs. I made my way down to the living room and saw Baekhyun staring at my legs. 
 
"Yah, stop staring," I muttered as he scoffed. 
 
"You're being informal to your oppa~" he said in a teasing sing-song way. "But you're safe to go out without boys staring at that big ho-"
 
"Stop it!" I shouted in embarrassment and stomped out the front door to Sera's car, which she was sitting in. I crossed my arms and huffed out a sigh. 
 
"What's wrong with you? Did you and your wife Baekhyun get into an argument~?" she teased. I glared at her as she giggled. "I was just joking, relax. Your face is so red though."
 
"Lets just go," I said in a rush and so she stepped on the pedal and off we went. 
 
Baekhyun's POV~
 
I couldn't help, but laugh to myself about Sarang's little incident. I was in the living room watching "Miracle in Cell No. 7" while sipping some hot chocolate and eating some caramel popcorn. I was more than halfway through the movie and started crying when the father, Yonggu, was running back to his daughter, Yesung, crying that he was wrong and that he didn't want to die. I wasn't bawling my eyes out though, that's unmanly, so I had a few tear slide down my cheeks. While sniffling and wiping my eyes dry, there was a knock at the front door. I quickly blew my nose and patted my cheeks before opening the door to see Jinyoung standing there. 
 
"It's you," he said in a shocked tone of voice. "What are you doing in Sarang's house?"
 
"I'm spending the holidays with her to keep her company," I coldly replied. "By the way, she isn't here. Was there something you needed?"
 
"I came to drop off a gift," he coldly replied as well, narrowing his eyes at me. 
 
"I'd be glad to give it to her," I said as he hesitated. "Do you not trust me?"
 
"Why should I?" he asked. 
 
"Same goes to you," I smirked. I leaned against the door frame and crossed my arms. "If you're done here then please leave."
 
He swallowed and scoffed. 
 
"What's your name?" he asked. 
 
"Me? Byun Baekhyun," I forced a smile. He didn't say anything and smiled with a smirk hidden in it before walking away. I just stood there until he was out of sight. 
 
"I wonder what part of him Sarang fell in love with," I sighed and shut the door behind me. I went back into the living room and watched another movie. 
 
3rd Person POV~
 
Sarang sat on Sera's bed, kicking her legs just waiting for time to fly by. She played with her bracelets out of boredom when Sera walked in with a tray of fruits. 
 
"Sorry today didn't go as planned," she said, setting the tray down on her nightstand. "I guess I should've made reservations first."
 
"It's fine, we're still hanging out so that's good enough," Sarang smiled, munching on some green grapes. Sera jumped on her bed and laid on her stomach staring at Sarang. "What?"
 
"Sometimes I wonder if you and Baekhyun have a thing for one another," she smiled. "I bet Baekhyun would be more committed and serious in the relationship."
 
"What are you talking about?" Saranf asked, knowing exactly what Sera meant; she just didn't want to look obvious. "Jinyoung oppa is committed in this relationship."
 
Sera sighed and shook her head in disbelief. 
 
"Sarang, honey, you're way much smarter than this," she said, rolling onto her side and sighed. "But I won't say any more stuff to you."
 
Sarang looked at her and silently ate, deeply thinking about her situation. 
 
"By the way, what time are you and Baekhyun having dinner?" Sera asked. Sarang looked at the clock on the wall and softly smiled. 
 
"8pm," she said with a deep breath. 
 
Baekhyun had fallen asleep on the couch with the TV playing some random variety shows. With his instinct, he woke up with just 30 minutes before the clock would hit 8pm. He widened his eyes and was now in panic mode. 
 
"It's already 7:30?!" he shouted and scrambled off the couch to the showers. Quickly stripping down and entering the showers, he quickly washed his hair and body within 5 minutes. With a towel wrapped around his waist, he searched for what to wear. 
 
"Aish! I should've picked out my outfit before hand," he said rummaging through his clothes. Since it was a fancy dinner, he picked out a white button up collar shirt with some black pants and a black blazer. He looked at the clock and 15 minutes have gone by already, which made him panic even more with only 20 minutes left till 8. He was going to wear a tie, but it would take too much time so he put on a clip-on bow. After fixing his outfit, he smiled to himself in the mirror and ran out the door, running down the street when his phone began ringing. He pulled it out while running and answered. 
 
"Hello?" he answered, breathless. "What?!"
 
Sarang had already arrived at the restaurant 10 minutes early, waiting for Baekhyun. She fiddled her fingers and looked at the clock with a sigh. 
 
"It's already 8 o'clock, why isn't he here yet?" she whispered. She pressed her lips tight together and patiently waited. She constantly looked at her watch; 3 minutes...10 minutes...35 minutes passed and still no sign of Baekhyun. She bit her bottom lip and deeply exhaled through her nose when a waiter walked up to her table. 
 
"Sarang-ssi?" he asked as she nodded. "There was a call from a man named Baekhyun, he said he's sorry, but will not be able to make it tonight."
 
Sarang swallowed hard and felt her heart tighten. The waiter looked at her with pity and cleared his throat to get her attention. 
 
"Since it's Christmas and since you've been here for almost 40 minutes, would you like a free dinner?" he asked, but she refused. "Is there really nothing I could give you? Like anymore water or a cookie?"
 
"I'm fine, thank you," she softly said and stood up, grabbing her handbag. "Have yourself a wonderful Christmas."
 
"You too," he replied and bowed to her as she walked out of the restaurant, sliding into her jacket. She exhaled in disbelief and took a taxi home. 
 
She got to her house and opened the door, feeling no presence; Baekhyun wasn't home. She shut the door behind her and threw her jacket and handbag on the couch, pulling out her cellphone. She dialed his number and heard the ringing, she became anxious as it continued to ring, but it died down straight to voicemail. She called a second time, but he still didn't answer. 
 
"Where exactly is he? I hope he's not hurt...," she whispered and headed up to her room. 
 
Waiting for nearly an hour, she heard the front door click open. She got out of bed and headed towards the stair, hearing a woman's voice. She stopped before she even made it to the stairs. 
 
"You...you won't," she hiccuped with a drunken voice. "You won't tell her, will you?"
 
Sarang furrowed her eyes and slowly approached the stairs. 
 
"That's for him to tell, not me," she heard Baekhyun grunted. Sarang was now standing at the top of the stairs and looked down to see Baekhyun with Sumi. 
 
"B-Baekhyun," Sarang softly called his name. He rounded his eyes and looked up, locking eyes with her. She felt her tears slowly flood her eyes as she looked at the passed out Sumi. 
 
"S-Sarang, I can explain!" he said, stumbling to hold Sumi up. Sarang clenched her teeth and stomped into her bedroom. "Sarang! Sarang!!"
 
She slammed her door shut and slid down to the ground, holding her knees close to her chest as she felt a tear drop. She bit her trembling lips and swallowed hard, feeling her heart race; full of emotions. 
 
Baekhyun stood in front of Sarang's door after putting Sumi in his bed. He knew not to say anything and just stood there. He felt his heart tighten at the misunderstanding and placed his right hand flat on her door, leaning forward to rest his forehead on her door with a soft, long sigh. 
 
I must be a bad person to you now, huh?