Chapter 19

My Roommate is A BOY?!

 

Baekhyun's POV~
 
Snow had covered the streets of Seoul as the sun was just rising. I opened up the dorm window and breathed in the cool, fresh air as it entered the room. I looked behind me and saw Sarang curled up on the bed from the cold breeze. 
 
"Who opens their window in the middle of winter?" she mumbled as I snickered. 
 
"Sorry," I said and shut the window. "It was a bit hot in the room."
 
She sat up in bed and rubbed her eyes. 
 
"Baekhee, should we do something today after class?" she asked, getting off the bed. I fixed my wig without being obvious and smiled. 
 
"Sure, why not," I said and she smiled back. 
 
"Since today is the day before winter break, Sora wanted the three of us to go and do something. She wanted to go to a club but I declined, so we decided to go bowling," Sarang said, heading into the bathroom. She doesn't close the door all the way because she's used to having me Baekhee around, but even seeing the slightest skin of her makes me uncomfortable. 
 
"Bowling?" I asked. "Just the 3 of us?"
 
"Well...," she trailed off looking at me, biting her bottom lip. "I was thinking, maybe we could get the guys to come and join us."
 
"The guys? You mean, by Chanyeol and them?" I asked as she nodded. "Why?"
 
"Well...I just thought it'd be fun to have them with us," she softly smiled. "I guess it's become a habit to have them with me whenever I step out of campus gates."
 
"So, you're pretty much saying that Sora and I are the boring ones and they're the fun ones?" I asked as she giggled and shook her head. 
 
"It's not like that," she said. "I get an empty feeling when they're not around. Even if I quickly stop by the store, I feel alone without having them with me...especially Baekhyun."
 
"Baekhyun?" I perked up. She sat down on the bed and sighed. 
 
"Since the day we met, we've been together; like we're inseparable," she said, playing with her fingers. I leaned against the wall and crossed my arms. 
 
"Can I ask you something Sarang?" I asked as she nodded. "Do you like oppa?"
 
She widened her eyes and shook her hands in front of her. 
 
"N-no I don't," she panicked. "How can I when I have Jinyoung?"
 
I shrugged and softly smiled. 
 
"No need to get all tense, I won't kill you if you don't like oppa," I giggled and headed into the bathroom, locking the door. I sat on the closed toilet seat and pulled my wig off. I ran my fingers through my hair and sighed. 
 
"We're inseparable?" I whispered. "Isn't that a hint saying that you like me?"
 
Sarang's POV~
 
After my last class, I met up with Sora and Baekhee at the campus gates. We all headed to the bowling alley to meet up with Chanyeol and the others. 
 
We entered the bowling center and saw the boys playing already. We joined them and I noticed that Baekhyun wasn't with them. 
 
"Where's Baekhyun?" I asked Kyungsoo, who was closest to me. 
 
"Baekhyun?" he asked and glanced at Baekhee, making me look at her. 
 
"A-ah~ oppa said he had things to do today so he won't be able to make it," Baekhee smiled. My mood suddenly dropped and I sat down besides Kyungsoo. 
 
"Aren't you going to play?" he asked. 
 
"I will, but I'll just watch for now," I replied and he stood up from his seat, picking out a ball. Baekhee sat next to me and asked, "Are you feeling down because oppa isn't here?"
 
I looked at her as she gave me a curious face. I lightly giggled and shook my head. 
 
"I'm not feeling down and if I was, Baekhyun wouldn't be the reason," I said. 
 
"Sure~" she said with a cute smirk. 
 
"Why aren't you playing with them?" I then asked. 
 
"Don't really feel like it," she shrugged. "I can't have my friend sit here alone either."
 
I snickered and watched Kai roll his ball.
 
"Baekhyun would say something like," I said. 
 
"We are twins," Baekhee reminded me with a chuckle. We bowled for 2 hour and began to get bored, so we headed for dinner to end our day. We decided to go eat some korean BBQ, so we entered a warm, cozy restaurant and a waiter led us to a table. I sat in between Baekhee and Sehun, who was tapping his chopsticks on the wooden table. 
 
As we waited for our food, everyone was talking to one another, like usual. Chanyeol and Sora teasing one another, Kai and Sehun throwing crumpled up napkins across the table at each other; Suho and Kyungsoo telling them to stop. In a situation like this, it would be Baekhyun and I laughing together, but not today; talking to Baekhee was good though. 
 
It wasn't long when our food came and our table became quiet. Everyone was too busy eating to talk to one another. The only words that came out of their mouths were, "'Ahjumma! More kimchi' or 'Ahjumma! Can we get some lettuce around here?!'"
 
Of course the only ones who shouted those out were the 2 youngest and lets not forget the loud one, Chanyeol. Dinner ended quick, but we hung out for a bit longer in the restaurant.
 
"So what are you plans for winter break?" Suho aske no one in particular. 
 
"My parents and I are going to visit my grandparents in Busan. We'll be spending Christmas and New Years there too," Sora spoke first with a sweet smile and next thing you know, Chanyeol and Sora begin talking together, blocking everyone out. 
 
"Well then," Suho said clapping his hands together. "Anyone else? Sarang?"
 
"Me?" I asked as all eyes were on me now, except the two who kept talking. "Uhm, I guess my winter break would be at the dorm."
 
"The dorm?" Baekhee asked, looking at me with a concerned look. "You're not going home?"
 
I smiled at her and shook my head. 
 
"Why?" Sehun asked. I shrugged and sat quietly as they stared at me, worried. 
 
"You guys look worried, you don't need to worry about me, I'll be fine," I assured them with a smile. 
 
"Who said we were worried," Kai scoffed, earning a glare from me. We hung out for a little bit longer when we thought it was time to part. Sora's dad picked her up from the restaurant while the boys left with Suho in his car. It was just Baekhee and I, but she suddenly had to go. 
 
"I'm sorry Sarang, but I forgot that I was going to meet a friend tonight," she said in a rush and just left. 
 
"Is she really going to just leave me here?" I blinked. I sighed and continued to walk to the dorm, which was another 30 minutes away. I kicked at the snow with my boots and stuck my hands in my jacket to stay warm. 
 
Walking for 7 minutes, my leg was starting to get tired, so I stopped walking to hear snow crunch beneath someone's foot, who had also stopped. I quickly massaged my calves and began to walk, to hear the snow crunching off beat; someone was following me. I walked faster and made sure I wouldn't slip on the icy sidewalk, but that didn't go as I thought it would. 
 
I slipped and fell back, but the person who was following caught me before I could hit the ground. I looked up and saw Baekhyun smiling down at me. 
 
"This isn't a place for you to be running," he chuckled as I pushed myself up and away from him. My heart was racing, I didn't know if it was because I got to see him or if I was mad because he didn't say a word when he was following me. He just smiled at me and approached me. 
 
"Why were you running?" he asked. 
 
"I thought you were some ," I muttered and walked on with him following behind. I could hear him snicker. 
 
"Sorry, I didn't think you'd be scared. I was actually going to surprise you," he said with that bright voice of his. 
 
"Surprise me? How?" I asked when he suddenly poked my waist. 
 
"Like that," he smiled, making me round my eyes at his sudden action. "See, you look surprised."
 
I looked at him and cleared my throat, walking away without a word. He continued to walk next to me. 
 
"Aren't you cold?" he asked, puffing hot air into the cold creating a small amount of fog. 
 
"Just a bit, but I can handle it," I said to have him look down at me. 
 
"Your nose is red like Rudolph's and so are your ears," he said. "You're really cold."
 
I smiled and assured him I was fine. 
 
"By the way, isn't today pretty much the start of winter break? Why are you heading to the dorm?" he asked. 
 
"I'd feel better being at the dorm than at home," I softly smiled. "Either way, I'd be alone so what difference would it make to be at home?"
 
"I guess there wouldn't be any difference," he said. "Unless there's someone who's willing to stay with you."
 
I slowed down my pace and looked up at him as he smiled to himself. 
 
"What are you saying?" I asked. 
 
"I'm saying, let me accompany you for the next 2 weeks at your house," he said, making me round my eyes. 
 
"What?!"
 
[A/N] : It's been a while since I've last updated, sorry!!!>.< Ever since school started I've had a busy life, so please be patient with me and I will update whenever I have some free time. Please enjoy, subscribe and comment~!^^