Chapter 6

My Roommate is A BOY?!

Sarang's POV~

It's been 2 weeks since I've dormed with Baekhee and I've noticed that we haven't done anything together as roommates; as friends, so I decided to take her out after she finished her classes. I waited for her in front of her classroom seeing students walk out, then she walked out last.

"Baekhee~!" I said, popping out in front of her, startling her.

"S-Sarang, what are you doing here?" she asked with round eyes. I smiled and interlocked our arms.

"I wanted to take you out for lunch and have a girl hang out," I said, dragging her with me out of the school campus.

"Why me? Why not that friend of yours, Sora?" she asked.

"She's got class today and I'm lonely," I smiled and walked to a nearby cafe. "We haven't hung out at all and we still don't know much about each other, so I thought today would be a good opportunity."

"Is that so," she said and silence took over. We both stared at our menus and didn't say a single word to each other.

"So...you and Baekhyun are twins, right?" I asked, having Baekhyun be the first thing I could talk to her about. She looked up at me and blinked like she didn't know who Baekhyun was. "Are you two not twins?"

"Oh~ of course we are, but sometimes I just forget he exists," she laughed uneasily. We both ordered our drinks and a little something to eat, then continued to talk about Baekhyun.

"I'm envious of you, you have a kind brother in your life while I'm stuck as an only child," I said with a soft smile. "What's he really like though?"

"Baekhyun?" Baekhee asked as I nodded.

Baekhyun's POV~

Honestly, I felt uncomfortable talking about myself to her, but I had to talk about myself for her to not figure out that I'm really Baekhyun.

"Oppa's a nice guy just like how you see him," I said with a smile. "He does have a temper here and there, but overall he's a nice guy who treats everyone well. If you get to know him more, you'll see that he's a pretty active person who likes to joke around."

"Really?" she smiled, making my heart beat once again at an unsual pace.

"Yeah...so, how long have you and your boyfriend been dating?" I then asked as she blushed at the thought of it. I don't know why, but asking her that question made my heart tighten a bit, like I didn't want to hear her answer.

"We've been dating ever since my graduation," she smiled. "It was after our graduation ceremony when he asked me out. I was with a group of friends and he pulled me out, then handed me flowers and asked me right there."

"How nice," I quietly said, looking down at my cup of latte. "To have someone love you so much up til now, it must be nice."

"It is," she grinned and drunk her coffee. "How about you? Do you have a thing with Chanyeol? I mean, the first time we met, I walked in on you two."

I literally laughed and clutched my stomach.

"You've got to be kidding me!" I laughed. "I've told you before, I'd never date that guy. He's like my brother."

"Ah~ that's right," she said with an embarrassed smile and scratched the back of her head. "You must be really close to them all then, considering that they're Baekhyun's friends."

"Yeah, they're really important to me considering that they took me in when I was abandoned by my parents. It was Chanyeol's family that took me in, that's why I'm closer to him than the others," I softly said rubbing my thumb against the glass cup that was filled with my latte.

"You and Baekhyun were abandoned?" Sarang asked as I nodded. "That's terrible."

"It is, but I had them by my side so everything was okay," I said as she smiled. "What about you? What's your family background?"

"Mmmm, I'm somewhat like you," she said, looking down at her empty plate. "I may have parents and may have come from a wealthy family, but they never had time for me, so I guess you could say I was alone too, but unlike you I didn't have anyone by my side. I was always alone at home, not a single maid or butler around, just myself in that big house."

She softly smiled and looked at me, "But now I'm not alone. I have my friends by my side, even you."

I smiled back and we both continued to talk about random things, things girl would usual talk about I guess. We then decided to go shopping and surprisingly I was the only one actually shopping while Sarang just stared at the clothes, but she looked like she was analyzing them.

"Sarang, do you want anything?" I asked, grabbing a few cardigans from the rack.

"I don't need anything, I just want to look at the clothes," she replied and we continued to shop around. I bought lots of things while she only bought 2 things; lotion and face cream. We walked around the streets of Seoul when we bumped into her boyfriend and his friends.

"Oppa~!" Sarang happily shouted, hugging him as he hugged her back. I felt a slight grip on my heart at the sight of them hugging.

"I miss you so much~!" she said, hugging him tighter.

"Me too," he smiled and looked at me. "That must be Baekhee."

"Oh, yeah that's her," she said with a smile and waved me over to her. I slowly walked up to them and bowed.

"Hello, my name is Byun Baekhee, her roommate," I said with an awkward smile.

"It's nice to meet you, I'm Jinyoung, Sarang's boyfriend," he said and held his hand out for a hand shake. I shook it and he said, "Wow, you have quite a grip Baekhee."

I just nodded and his friends introduced theirselves. We then hung out as a group and I felt left out; outcasted by being with them because I didn't even know who they were. Jinyoung's friend, Baro, didn't even leave my side; we've been walking besides each other ever since we met.

"So Baekhee, you don't have a boyfriend do you?" Baro asked as I furrowed my eyebrows. "You know, you look kind of cute."

"No I don't have a boyfriend and yes, I know I'm cute," I gritted, staring at the backs of Jinyoung and Sarang as we were walking in a park.

"Really?! You don't have a boyfriend?!" Baro happily shouted with round eyes that sparkled. "That's great~!"

"I'm not interested either," I said as his jaw dropped, disappointed.

"Not so great now," Sandeul and laughed to have Baro run after him. Those boys are so immature.

We stopped at a little playground and they all started climbing on the playground while I sat down to watch them. Sarang was laughing and smiling with them as they ran around. She's really happy when she's with them.

I continued to watch Sarang play with them when someone took a seat next to me. I glanced over to that person and saw that it was Jinyoung.

"She tells me a lot of things about you, a lot of good things," he said with a smile while watching her too. "She's never bragged about someone so much, not even her best friend Sora. You must mean a lot to her even if it's only been 2 weeks since you two have met."

I didn't say anything, but I was listening. He continued to talk about how he and Sarang met and how their love grew throughout the years they've been together. I didn't want to hear anymore of what he had to say about her, but I wanted to know more about her so I didn't stop him from talking.

"You're a lucky man Jinyoung-ssi, to have her be yours," I said, looking at Sarang as she smiled and waved at me to go play with her.

"I am aren't I?" he said with a sheepish grin. "I bet if you were a boy, you'd fall in love with her like I did."

"I probably would have," I whispered with a smile. I probably am in love with her, that's why my heart rapidly beats for her and only her.