Chapter 8

My Roommate is A BOY?!

Sarang's POV~

After my classes, I went out to go on a date with Jinyoung oppa; it's been 2 months already since our last date. 
 
I waited at a nearby cafe, the cafe I met Baekhyun at, for Jinyoung. I stirred my straw into my smoothie and stared out the window for him, but even after 15 minutes, he didn't show up. Did he forget today was our date?
 
I looked at my watch and deeply sighed, looking out the window to see one of Baekhyun's friend, Kai if I remember correctly. He was in his school uniform; I didn't even know he was a high school student. He entered the cafe and walked up to the counter, ordering his drink. He then waited and turned around to lean against the counter like any "cool" high schooler would do to look even cooler; with hands in pockets, one earpiece in one ear and the other earpiece dangling. I had to admit though, he did look cool. 
 
I continued to stare at him when his gaze met mine and the corners of his lips curled up. The cashier handed him his drink and he started walking towards me as I turned away from his gaze. 
 
"Hey," I heard him say. 
 
Is he talking to me?
 
"You're the girl who's always with Baekhyun hyung, aren't you?" he asked as I glanced at him to see him standing right next to me. "Why aren't you saying anything?"
 
"Uhm, I wasn't sure if you were talking to me or not," I said with an embarrassed smile. He laughed a bit and pointed to the empty seat in front of me. 
 
"May I take a seat?" he asked. I hesitated because I was saving it for Jinyoung, but I'm not a high schooler anymore who saves seats for a friend. 
 
"Yeah, go ahead," I smiled as he did so. 
 
"You're also Baekhee noona's roommate, right?" he asked as I nodded. He showed a smirky smile and leaned forward. "How's it going? Anything unexpected happen yet?"
 
"Eh? No, nothing at all," I said furrowing my eyebrows in confusion. "Why?"
 
"I was just asking," he said and leaned back in his seat. "Why are you here alone? You're not studying, that's for sure."
 
"Who knows, I just might be," I snickered. 
 
"Yeah right, you don't even have a book bag with you, not even a single book," he stated with a chuckle. "Were you waiting for someone? Maybe a boyfriend?"
 
"Oh~ how'd you know?" I asked, surprised he was even able to guess it right, but I mean it was quite obvious.
 
"Just a guess," he said and looked out the window. "He's late, isn't he?"
 
"No," I lied, but Kai had sharp eyes. 
 
"Lies," he said with a smirk. "Don't think I'm stupid. I was actually watching you from afar."
 
"You were what?!" I shouted a bit too loud to have everyone stare at me. "What are you, some stalker?"
 
"No, just a high school boy who was curious," he said with a shrug and smiled at me. "I'm just kidding, I just got off of school, so I had no time to be stalking you."
 
"This kid," I muttered and looked out the window. 
 
"Noona!" someone suddenly shouted. I turned my head and saw another high school boy, who was also a friend of Baekhyun. I remembered his name being Sehun. He walked up to us and asked, "I can call you that, right?"
 
"Uh, sure if you want to," I smiled as he did too. 
 
"You know, I have 5 noonas," he randomly said with a smile. I blinked at him as he continued. "They're not just friend noonas, but my sisters; 5 of them. Crazy, isn't it?"
 
"Uh, yeah," I awkwardly responded. 
 
"And because I'm so used to just calling them noona, I get the habit of calling random girls noona even if they were younger than me," he continued. "But my noonas told me to be careful when I say it, so that's why I asked for permission."
 
I just nodded and he continued to talk, "Sorry for the sudden outburst and all, but are you doing here with Kai hyung anyways?"
 
"Well I was waiting for someone and he decided to join me," I said as Sehun took a seat next to Kai. 
 
"I was looking for Kai, but he left me," Sehun said with a pout. 
 
"Yah, I didn't leave you," Kai muttered. "I simply just walked faster than you-"
 
"I had after school activities, but it was cancelled and you said you'd wait for me," Sehun childishly whined. 
 
"I never said that," Kai said and glared at Sehun, so then the arguing began. 
 
"You guys aren't kids anymore, please stop fighting," I said with a deep sigh. They looked at me then exchanged looks.
 
"Noona," Sehun said leaning over the table. "I want to know what high school was like for you. Did you ever get into fights with your friends?"
 
"Did you even have friends?" Kai asked with a playful smirk. I glared at him then smiled to Sehun, telling my high school life. 
 
I didn't keep track of time, but that didn't matter because I knew Jinyoung wasn't going to show up. I continued to tell stories as Sehun happily listened while Kai was on and off with my gibberish. 
 
"Uwah~ noona, you must have been a smart person to get all A's and to be class president 3 years in a row," Sehun said with round, amazed eyes. 
 
"No idiot, she's a dumb girl who somehow got straight A's and the class was dumb enough to pick her as class president," Kai sarcastically said, making me glare at him. Kai stuck his tongue out at me and looked at his watch. "Well, we gotta get going. C'mon Sehun, the hyungs are waiting."
 
"Oh that's right," Sehun said and got up with Kai. "Bye noona, it was fun hanging out with you and hearing your high school life."
 
"Yeah," I replied with a smile. Kai looked at me and asked, "Wanna come with us?"
 
"Eh?"
 
"The hyungs are taking us out for a nice dinner and since you've been here all day waiting, I'm guessing you'd be hungry now," Kai said. 
 
"That's right," Sehun said with a smile. "Come and join us noona, I'm sure the hyungs wouldn't mind. I know Baekhyun would like it if you came along."
 
"Thanks, but no thanks. It's a guys night out, so I'll just get in the way," I said, grabbing my purse. I stood up and walked with then out of the cafe. 
 
"Noona, we've had many guys night out, this is nothing," Sehun said. "It's our treat."
 
"Sehun-ah, maybe another time," I said, but he gave me those pleading, puppy eyes. 
 
"It's not like you have anywhere to go anyways, I mean, it looks like you've just been stood up," Kai said behind me. I glared at him and felt a stab at my heart, really thinking I wasn't being stood up. Kai tapped my shoulder and pointed to Sehun, who was still giving me those puppy eyes.
 
"Noona, if you reject this kid's eyes then he'll have it his way by kidnapping you," Kai said. I sighed and scratched my head.
 
"Then I guess I have no choice, but to go," I said with a defeated smile. 
 
I honestly didn't want to go because it was still awkward being with them and also, being the only girl with 6 handsome strangers wasn't my thing. Sure I may have been friends with Baekhyun and have gotten close to Kai and Sehun, but as for the other 3, I still didn't feel comfortable with them. 
 
Baekhyun's POV~
 
"We told them 6pm sharp, why aren't they here yet?" Chanyeol asked with his stomach grumbling.
 
"Do we really need to celebrate with them for getting a 75% on their test? I mean that's still a pretty low score, isn't it a C?" D.O asked playing with the chopsticks. 
 
"Yes we do Kyungsoo, I mean it's a 75%. It's the best they've done," Suho said making something with his napkin. "It's a deserving score for a fancy dinner, especially for those two."
 
"That's true considering that all their test scores for all 3 years were like 46%-63%," I stated, tapping my spoon on the side of the glass. We waited for a bit longer when Sehun walked through the door. 
 
"Yah! What took you guys so long?! Where's Kai?!" Chanyeol asked pointing at Sehun. 
 
"He's coming," Sehun smiled and looked directly at me with a wink. I raised an eyebrow at him and looked at the entrance to see Kai walking in with someone behind him, but he was too tall for me to fingers out who the person was. 
 
"We brought a friend to join us tonight," Kai said and stepped to the side, revealing a girl. I widened my eyes and shouted, "Sarang!"
 
She looked at me and softly smiled with a small wave. 
 
"What are you doing here? Weren't you supposed to be on a date with Jinyoung?" I asked as she furrowed her eyes at me. I rounded my eyes at what I just said and quickly covered my mistake. "I mean, Baekhee told me that she was feeling lonely at the dorm because you were with Jinyoung."
 
"Really? Then maybe I should go back to the dorm," she said and turned around, but that wasn't going to happen. I grabbed her wrist to have her turn around to face me.
 
"Uhm, she's not at the dorm right now. She said she was going to...to a party," I said as she just stared at me. "So, you'd be alone if you went now. Why don't you just join us tonight?"
 
"But wouldn't I be a bother?" she asked looking at the others, who shook their heads.
 
"We brought you here so you have to stay," Sehun said with a pout.
 
"I don't mind having you here either, the more the merrier," I smiled at her.
 
"It is a special day for the two kids for they did 'good' on their test and since they did bring you here, it makes it more special for them," Suho smiled. Sarang was still debating to stay or not.
 
"Guys, I'm starving," Chanyeol complained. "Sarang, just sit down and eat with us."
 
I nodded to her as she was still having second thoughts. I sighed and dragged her to our table, pulling a chair out for her to sit in. She smiled and took the seat as I took a seat between her and D.O.
 
"Nice job covering up earlier, Baekhee," D.O grinned. I snickered and so we ordered our food, then talked throughout the night when I heard my phone alarm go on. I had set an alarm for 30 minutes before curfew. Just as I stood up, Sarang did too.
 
"It was fun hanging out with you guys, but I've gotta end it short," she said with a smile.
 
"Thanks for coming noona," Sehun smiled happily, nibbling onto his straw.
 
"Let's hang out again," D.O said with a soft smile. Sarang nodded and bowed to them, walking away.
 
"Hyung...no, noona, shouldn't you be heading back to the dorm too?" Sehun asked with a smirk. I glared at him and slid into my sweater.
 
"I'll see you guys tomorrow," I said and walked out to see Sarang on the phone.
 
"So you didn't come because you were busy composing?" she asked the person on the other line. Must be Jinyoung....
 
"It's fine oppa, there's always a next time. I know how much you love music too," she said with a soft smile, but it didn't look like a happy one. "Yeah, I'll have to look at my class schedule for another date...sleep well oppa. Goodnight."
 
She hung up and turned around, both surprising us.
 
"B-Baekhyun?"
 
"Uhm, I just came out heading home...I didn't hear a thing you said," I said biting my bottom lip, hoping she'd believe me. I didn't want her to know I was eavsedropping.
 
"It's fine if you heard everything," she smiled and walked away as I followed her. "Are you going to follow me back to the dorm?"
 
"I just want to make sure you're safe, so yeah pretty much," I said rubbing the back of my neck. She turned around and stopped, so that we could walk side by side.
 
We didn't talk to each other after walking together and made it to the university's front gates; there was still 7 minutes before the gates closed, so I had time to leave and quickly change into Baekhee.
 
"Baekhyun, thank you for walking me once again," she said brushing a strand of hair behind her ear.
 
"There's no need to thank me, just being a gentleman," I said with a smile as she giggled at the comment. "Well, I guess I should go. Tell Baekhee not to stay up too late too, okay?"
 
"I'll let her know," she smiled and waved goodbye, walking away through the gates. The only reason why "she" comes back late is because of you....