Chapter 24

My Roommate is A BOY?!

 

Baekhyun's POV~
 
I ran down the street to get to the restaurant in time when my cell began to ring. I pulled it out and answered. 
 
"Hello?" I asked, breathless. 
 
"Your friend, Sumi, is here at the ----club. She's passed out," a male said. 
 
"What?!" I shouted and stopped running to catch my breath. I looked at my watch and it was already 7:50 pm. "Why are you calling me? Isn't there someone else you can contact?"
 
"We thought you were a close friend...she kept calling your name," the guy said. 
 
"She kept saying, 'I'm sorry Baekhyun oppa' over and over again," a female voice spoke over the guy. I panted from the run and placed my hand on my hip. 
 
"I've got a date to go to-"
 
"But we can't leave her here. It's crowded more than ever and it seems she only wants you," the guy firmly said, becoming impatient. I deeply exhaled and rubbed the back of my neck. I couldn't leave Sarang, but I couldn't leave Sumi alone either, especially when she's drunk and passed out, so I chose to go. 
 
"I'll be there in a bit, keep her where she is now and keep an eye on her. Don't let any guys touch her," I said and hung up. I flagged down a taxi and headed to the club.  
 
Arriving 15 minutes later, I ran into the club and searched throughout the club to find her. It was seriously packed and very humid, I couldn't find her anywhere in this mass of bodies stuck together. I went up to the second floor to get a better view of the dance floor and the bar, but was still unable to find her. Then I noticed a girl in a navy blue dress, asleep in the corner with a buff guy and slim girl standing above her; that had to be her. I ran down the stairs to the corner and immediately saw Sumi passed out. 
 
"Sumi!" I shouted her name and kneeled down besides her. 
 
"Are you Baekhyun?" the man asked as I nodded. 
 
"What happened to her?" I asked as she reeked of alcohol and sweat. 
 
"I was actually the bartender who was serving her and the man she was with," the female said with crossed arms. "They were talking for a minute, then he made a move on her, then next thing you know, she's crying. They started to talk again, then he just left so she began chugging down drinks one after another until she reached her limit. She kept saying your name along with a person named, Sarang."
 
I swallowed hard and clenched my jaw while caressing Sumi's hot face. 
 
"She wanted to go to the restroom, but she kept staggering so I assisted her until she collapsed," the bartender lady said with a sigh. I could see her makeup smeared and her eyes red and puffy. I then looked at my watch and 30 minutes have gone by since 8 pm, I couldn't help but feel disappointed in myself for standing Sarang up. I pulled my cell and dialed the restaurant. 
 
"Please excuse me while I make a quick call," I said to the two and walked into a much quieter hallway. 
 
"This is ----'s restaurant, how may I help you?" a female spoke on the other line. 
 
"I made reservations for two under the name, Byun Baekhyun, but it seems that I have other plans. I know the other person is there now, waiting and I'd like it if you'd pass on a message," I said. "Tell her I'm sorry and make sure she gets something to eat, I'll pay for everything she buys."
 
"Will do sir," the female spoke. 
 
"Thank you," I said and hung up, heading back to Sumi. I sighed and tapped my cell on my palm. "Thank you, for keeping an eye on her. I'll take care of the rest."
 
"Uhm...," the bartender spoke. "She didn't pay for all the drink-"
 
"Don't worry, I'll take care of that as well," I smiled and bent down to get Sumi on her feet. As soon as I wrapped her arm around my neck, she looked at me with drowsy eyes. 
 
"Oh, it's you~" she said in a high drunken voice followed by hiccups. "I remember you, you were the one *hiccup* that told me to *hiccup* to make right choices."
 
Her breath killed my nostrils, but I endured it. The man helped my carry her out and had flagged down a taxi. I helped Sumi get in the car and bowed to the man and bartender, entering. 
 
I guess I wasn't in my right mind because I had told the taxi to go to Sarang's house. I rolled the windows down a bit to let some air in as she waved her hands out of the window.
 
"Stop that Sumi," I said, pulling her arms in. 
 
"Baekhyunnie~~" she cooed with a really ugly drunken face. "Why are you so nice and cute~~? Why didn't I just fall in love with you~?"
 
"Stop saying things you don't mean," I said with a firm face as she widely smiled at me. "You're seriously drunk."
 
"No I'm not!" she shouted, startling me and the driver. "I'm not drunk at all."
 
I sighed, irritated, and endured it just a bit more. She caressed my face with her finger and giggled to herself. 
 
"Do you want to know what happened today?" she asked with another grin. 
 
"No-"
 
"Well, you see," she started with another giggle. "Jinyoung oppa asked me to meet him-"
 
"Sumi, I already know-"
 
"Sh, sh, sh," she said, putting her finger on my lip. "Hush and listen to me, I wasn't done telling the story~"
 
I rolled my eyes and looked out the window. 
 
"Now where was I? Oh yeah~ I...I...where was I?" she asked with a laugh. "What was I doing?!"
 
I don't even know how many times I sighed, but I sighed in relief this time cause we had finally reached Sarang's home.
 
"Oh!" she said, startling me once again as I dragged her out of the taxi. I paid for the fee and stumbled with her besides me. "Now I remember~! Jinyoung and I kissed~! I had promised myself that I wouldn't because of Sarang~ but it just happened~!"
 
"Sumi, stop," I said, opening the door, almost falling down with her. 
 
"You...you won't," she hiccuped again, slowly passing out again. "You won't tell her, will you?"
 
"That's for him to tell, not me," I grunted, trying to keep her on her feet when I heard Sarang's voice call my name. I rounded my eyes and looked up at her to see her eyes glisten with tears. 
 
"S-Sarang, I can explain!" I said trying to keep Sumi on her feet. She ignored me and stomped off into her room, slamming the door shut. "Sarang! Sarang!!"
 
I groaned and dragged Sumi into my room. I laid her on the bed and cover her with the blanket and headed out to Sarang's bedroom. I swallowed hard and didn't say anything because it would make the misunderstanding worse, so I leaned my forehead against her door and sighed. 
 
"I'm sorry," I whispered after 2 minutes of waiting and headed out of the house to spend the night with Chanyeol and come back in the morning to clear things up with Sarang and Sumi.
 
Sarang's POV~
 
I woke up to a sore neck and puffy eyes, noticing that I had slept against the door. I stood up while rubbing my eyes and did a quick stretch to realize what had happened last night. I didn't want to leave my room and suddenly bump into Baekhyun or the woman he was with. Just the thought of the two angered me. 
 
"Baekhyun, you idiot," I muttered and sighed when I felt my stomach growl. I didn't have dinner and for sure I wasn't going to have breakfast if I locked myself in my room, so I decided to wash up and have some breakfast and maybe pretend like nothing happened last night. The smell of alcohol still lingered in the air, but it didn't bother me too much. 
 
I entered the kitchen after washing up and made myself some egg rolls with seaweed in them and a light stir-fry. I was going to make bean sprout soup, but the thought of a hungover person in my house made me rethink into making miso soup. 
 
In the middle of setting up the table, I heard heavy footsteps come down the stairs; I was hoping to see Baekhyun, but it was the girl he brought home. I swallowed hard and looked at her as she locked eyes with me. 
 
"I see you're awake," I said, forcing a smile. "Did you sleep well?"
 
She hesitantly nodded and rubbed her arm. I scooped up one last bowl of the miso soup and set it on the table. 
 
"Sit down and eat," I said, taking a seat. 
 
"I think it's best to leave," she softly said, looking down at the ground. 
 
"The least you can do is have some miso soup to help with the hangover before you leave," I said and gestured for her to sit. She glanced at me and slowly took her seat. "By the way, is Baekhyun still asleep?"
 
"B-Baekhyun?" she asked as I nodded. "I-I don't know."
 
I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at her asking, "He wasn't in his room? You slept in there."
 
"He wasn't there," she softly said as I bit my bottom lip. 
 
"Where did he go now?" I whispered and looked at her. "Go ahead and eat...and if you want to talk, we'll talk afterwards."
 
She nodded and slowly ate. I had to be honest, it was awkward, but if Baekhyun was here it'd be more awkward. In the middle of finishing up, I received a text from Chanyeol. 
 
Baekhyun spent the night with me, so don't worry about him. He told me everything too, so don't hate him when he tells you and don't yell at him to much, he's a bit on the sensitive side. He'll be back after he pulls himself together and also, he's really sorry and I know when he means it.
 
I read the text over and over again, growing curious to what happened last night. 
 
"You're curious, aren't you?" the girl asked as if she read my mind. "Do you want me to tell you everything?"
 
"It's optional," I said, setting my spoon aside. 
 
"You know who I am, don't you?" she cautiously asked. 
 
"I'm assuming you're Baekhyun's girlfriend. You two went on a date together and are pretty close to one another," I said as she furrowed her eyebrows. 
 
"Is that all?" she asked as I nodded. "I...I'm the girl, Jinyoung has been seeing behind you back."
 
I couldn't believe what she just said, I was speechless; shocked and frozen in place. It was so hard to breath, like I had just been hit by a semi truck in the chest. 
 
"W-what did you say?" I asked, feeling the tears come out once again. 
 
"When you wanted to go on a date with him and he refused, it's because of me," she softly said with tears filling her eyes as well. "After getting caught by Baekhyun, I tried so hard to not let my feelings get in between the two of you-"
 
"And you think taking him away from me isn't getting in between us?!" I shouted with mixed emotions. "You knew about us and yet you didn't stop."
 
"I tried-"
 
"You shouldn't have tried! You should've completely gotten over him!" I shouted again, feeling my heart burst and my tears overflow to the point of them dropping. "By you taking him away, did you not know how lonely I was? How suspicious I was? How hurt I was?"
 
"I-"
 
"Not only did you take Jinyoung from me, but you're taking Baekhyun too," I softly cried. "How much longer are you going to make me suffer like this?"
 
"Sarang-ssi," she muffled in her cry. "I-I'm so sorry."
 
I couldn't take in my emotions anymore, so I stood up and was about to leave when she said something I didn't want to hear. 
 
"Wh-what did you just say?" I stuttered, turning around. 
 
"Jinyoung...he and I...kissed," she softly said, lowering her head in shame. That hit me harder than ever. 
 
3rd Person POV~
 
Jinyoung and Sumi were sitting at the bar drinking as he slowly reached for her hand, startling her. She slowly pulled her hand away, but he tighten his grip before she could break free. 
 
"Was there a reason for calling me here?" she asked, clearing . 
 
"I was lonely, so I asked you to come," he said with a smile. "Ah~ I have a present for you too!"
 
She blinked her eyes as he pulled out a tiny silver box. He opened it and appeared a ring. 
 
"Merry Christmas, Sumi," he said as she gasped at the fact that it wasn't just a ring, but a ring she didn't deserve. He held her hand and slid it onto her finger. "I like you, Sumi."
 
She was shocked and looked at him with round eyes. 
 
"I mean it," he assured her, but she wasn't happy at all with his sudden confession. 
 
"Oppa, I-"
 
He stopped her from talking with a kiss. She was flustered, her heart was beating so fast and her mind had gone blank that she didn't pull back fast enough. She too had been drawn into the kiss when she realized what she was doing, so she pushed him back and frowned. 
 
"What did you just do?" she asked, feeling a lump in . He was taken by surprise and blinked his eyes. 
 
"I kissed you," he said, dumbfounded. 
 
"Oppa," she whispered. "We can't be doing this, you have Sarang to kiss, to love."
 
Jinyoung sighed in surrender and scratched his head. 
 
"What do you want Sumi? I like you, isn't that what you wanted? My love? My kiss?" he asked as she shook her head in disbelief. 
 
"I did, but not anymore," she said in disgust. "I can't be your rebound oppa."
 
"Rebound? I gave up everything for you and you're saying that?!" he shouted at her, making her flinch in fear. 
 
"Everything?" she scoffed with tears rolling down her cheeks. "That's right, you gave up everything, but it wasn't for me. You gave up on Sarang, you gave up on love, you gave up on being committed and I know you gave up because of me but not for me. You know what, Baekhyun was right, you're nothing but a soulless player and someone like you, doesn't need Sarang in there life nor do I need you in mine."
 
Jinyoung scoffed in disbelief and glared at her. 
 
"You weren't worth it either," he said and walked away from her as she softly cried. She turned to the bartender and ordered another drink. Sumi kept drinking until she couldn't think or see straight anymore. 
 
"Baekhyun was right...," she whispered. "I'm so sorry Baekhyun and Sarang, I let you both down...."
 
Sarang sat still in her seat with arms crossed as Sumi lowered her head. 
 
"The bartender and manager had called Baekhyun to pick me up, that's why he didn't make it last night...all because of me," Sumi softly said. "I'll take any punishment from you, that's the least I can do besides repeat myself with an apology. You can shave my head, beat me or curse, I don't care, just do whatever-"
 
"I won't do anything," Sarang sighed. "You don't deserve to be punished for what he did wrong."
 
"But-"
 
"It's okay," Sarang softly smiled. "I forgive you for the things you did."
 
Sumi pressed her lips tight together while holding back her tears. 
 
"But there's something I want you to know," Sarang said looking at Sumi, directly in her eyes. "You've already taken one of the man I loved...I won't let you take the one I've just started to love."
 
"Are you talking about Bae-"
 
"That's right," Sarang softly smiled. Sumi softly exhaled and smiled back. 
 
"I promise you, Baekhyun will only be yours. I have no intentions on taking him too," Sumi said, then took something out of her purse. "I was planning on returning the ring back to him, but it's best if you do it."
 
She handed Sarang the ring and stood up with a smile, "You might have forgiven me, but you have every right to still hate me. Although this may sound awkward, I wouldn't mind having a love-hate relationship with you. And about the ring, I really didn't know."
 
Sarang looked at the ring and saw her name engraved on it, then she looked at Sumi when she heard the front door click open. They both turned their attention towards the living room and came in Baekhyun. 
 
"I'll walk myself out, have a good day," Sumi bowed and silently walked past Baekhyun, who watched her leave. As soon as the door shut behind Sumi, he turned to look at Sarang and walked towards her, then kneeling on his knees in front of her. 
 
"I'm sorry about last night-"
 
"Baekhyun-"
 
"-I didn't want to go, but the-"
 
"Oppa-"
 
"-and then I decided to-"
 
"Baekhyun oppa!" Sarang shouted, startling him. She snickered a bit and gently ruffled his head. "Oppa, I believe you."
 
"Eh?" he asked, confused. 
 
"All the words you were going to say about last night," she smiled. "They've already been said."
 
He looked at her then lowered his head with a sigh. He grabbed her hand off his head and let it go, but she held onto his hand. 
 
"Oppa, I don't hate you if that's what you're thinking," she smiled. "I'm just upset that left me alone without a notice, but I'm glad you were with Sumi or else something bad could have happened to her. As expected of you, you really are a good person."
 
Baekhyun slowly lifted his head up as she kneeled down and hugged him. 
 
"I can feel my heart at ease now after all the things that Sumi told me," she softly said. "And in the next few days, everything will get better when I end it."
 
Baekhyun pulled her away and questioned her, "What do you mean?"
 
"Nothing," she smiled and stood up. "I left some breakfast for you, go head and eat."
 
She left the kitchen and headed up to her room, shutting the door behind her. She leaned against the door and pulled out Jinyoung's ring, tightly squeezing it in her palm. 
 
"Everything will get better when I end it, right?"