Chapter 22

My Roommate is A BOY?!

Baekhyun's POV~ 

Sarang and I were getting ready to head out and meet the others for a little gathering at a korean BBQ restaurant. I was done a bit quicker and waited by the door for her to come down. 

"Are you almost done?!" I shouted up the stairs while looking at my watch. "We're late."

"I'm almost done~!" she shouted back. 

"I hope you know it's not a formal dinner-"

"I know!!" she shouted; I could hear the irritation in her voice. A few seconds later she ran down the stairs and huffed out a sigh. "I'm ready to go."

I snickered and walked out the door with her following behind. The restaurant wasn't too far from her house and the weather was nice, so we decided to walk there. 

"What took you so long?" I asked glancing down at her. 

"I couldn't find any socks to wear," she mumbled. 

"That's it?" I asked as she glared up at me. I chuckled and noticed her hands were a bit red. "Could you not find any mittens either?"

She looked down to her hands and shoved them in her pockets. "You were rushing me, so I forgot them."

"Me, rushing you?" I asked as she nodded. I smirked and looked down at her pockets. "Should I make up for that then?"

She looked up at me with furrowed eyes and so I stopped her from walking and took out her hands. I took my mittens off and slipped her small, fragile hands in them. 

"O-oppa," she said, surprised. "Your hands will be cold."

"It's fine," I smiled. "I'm a man, the least I should do for a cold girl is this, unless you want me to hold your hands?"

"N-no, this is fine," she awkwardly smiled and wiggled her fingers in my mittens. "They're really warm."

"That's good," I said and wrapped my arm around her shoulder. "Let's continue walking cause we're 6 minutes late already."

She nodded with a smile and so we continued to walk when we ran into an unexpected person. 

"Sarang?" Jinyoung said, staring at her then turned his attention to me. I cleared my throat and pulled my arm to my side. 

"The restaurant is just down the end of this street. I'll be going first," I said and walked away, purposely running into Jinyoung, but I didn't apologize. I then stopped and turned around to look at Sarang. "If you're having different plans tonight then text me so that I know whether to wait for you or not."

She nodded and looked at Jinyoung; I couldn't read what her facial expression was saying, but she wasn't happy seeing, nor was she mad. I sighed and walked away. 

Sarang's POV~

I looked at Jinyoung, clenching my jaw and feeling my heart beat fast. I swallowed hard and looked at Baekhyun, seeing him walk away further from me. 

"Sarang," Jinyoung spoke again. "What are you doing here?"

"Am I not allowed to step on my own land (country)?" I asked. It came out harsh, which I didn't mean to speak that way. He furrowed his eyebrows and walked towards me. 

"That's not what I meant. I meant what are you doing here with him," he clarified, but that still made my blood boil. 

"My answer isn't going to change much oppa," I said. "Then let me ask you this, what are you doing here?"

"What?"

"Let me rephrase that, why are you only showing in front of me now?" I asked feeling it harder to breath just thinking of his answer. 

"Sarang, I've been busy-"

"Don't lie to me," I firmly said, giving him a hard glare. "It's been 4 days since winter break and you haven't come visit me once. You and I both know that you're on break too, so you're either ignoring me, too busy loving your music or there's something else keeping you away from me."

"Sarang-"

"I'm busy myself, so if you'd excuse me, I'm going to meet up with my friends," I said and stomped away. I knew I should've talked it out with him, but with all the emotional feelings I had, I couldn't think properly before talking and taking any action. 

I entered the restaurant where Baekhyun and the others were. They saw me and waved at me with bright smiles, I couldn't help but smile back and feel my heavy heart lift up. 

"Unni, come and sit by me~!" Sara said waving me over to her. I took a seat by her and noticed that they had waited for me. I looked at them as they continued to smile. 

"Hyung told us to wait for you," Kai smiled. 

"We tried to order, but he kept glaring at us," Sehun pouted while tapping his chopsticks on the table. 

"Yah, stop it. That's dirty," Suho said, holding Sehun's chopsticks down. Sehun pulled his chopsticks out and looked at it. 

"I don't know what's more dirty, hyung's hands or the table," Sehun asked as we laughed. 

"Thanks for waiting, I wasn't quite sure if I was actually going to join you guys," I softly smiled. 

"It's fine," Kyungsoo sweetly smiled. "You're here with us now."

"Yeah~ and since you're finally here, why don't we start ordering?" Chanyeol loudly said, clapping his hands. "Ahjumma! We're ready to order!"

I giggled at Chanyeol and looked at Baekhyun who smiled at me. I've noticed him staring at me since I walked in. 

"Since it's a gathering/reunion, why didn't you guys invite Baekhee?" I asked as they exchanged looks with one another. 

"I completely forgot she existed," Kai said, sipping his drink. 

"That's mean, considering that she's my roommate and your hyung's twin sister," I said as he shrugged it off. 

"I actually haven't seen her in a while, I wonder how she's doing," Sehun said, munching on the lettuce. "How is she, Baekhyun hyung?"

I looked at Baekhyun, who stared out into space; he looked like he was thinking really deep. 

"Hyung, how's your sister, Baekhee?" Sehun asked again. Baekhyun cleared his throat and smiled. 

"She's the same. She's actually in Jeju this week," he softly chuckled, but it wasn't his usual chuckle. It was somewhat messy. 

"I didn't know she was in Jeju," I said, blinking my eyes. 

"That's cause it was a last minute trip," Baekhyun said. I made an "ahh~" gesture and waited for our food. 

As Suho and Kyungsoo cooked the meat, we ate our soups and side dishes to keep us occupied, but it didn't last long considering how hungry we were. Sehun and Kai were playing games on their phones, Sara, Chanyeol and I chatted and Baekhyun...well he stared at the meat. 

It didn't take long for the meat to fully cook, so we began digging in as soon as they were perfectly grilled. Kai, Sehun and Chanyeol were devouring all of the meat while Sara and Kyungsoo gracefully picked at what they could get their hands on. Suho, Baekhyun and I so far had at least 3 pieces of meat each, so we had to order another serving. 

"Yah, you guys should be more thoughtful," Sara scolded the boys. "Don't even think about taking our share."

"We can't promise you that noona," Kai smirked. 

"Aish, I just want to smack you across the face," she muttered and started air stabbing Kai, who stuck his tongue out at her. 

"Noona, you could have this last piece until more come," Sehun sweetly smiled, holding up the piece of meat to my mouth. 

"It's okay, you go ahead and eat it," I said, but he held it closer to my mouth. 

"Noona, ah~" he said opening his mouth like he was eating it himself. I giggled and ate it, thanking him. Kai and Chanyeol gagged and laughed while Sehun blushed. 

We ate until we were full and had gone our separate ways. It was nice hanging out with the boys again and making a new friend and even though I've been with Baekhyun for a few days now, today was one of the best days I've had being with him. 

"Sarang," Baekhyun softly called my name. I looked up as a response. "How did your talk with Jinyoung go?"

"Not so well...I walked off on him," I answered, pressing my lips together. 

"And he didn't follow you?" he asked, making me realize that he really didn't follow or try to get my attention to talk. I swallowed hard and shook my head. "If I was him, I would have ran after you no matter how much you hate me, but then again I'd be too ashamed to get you to forgive me for what I did."

I was speechless and flustered that I just stare at him. He sweetly smiled and leaned his head down, staring directly at my eyes. 

"Your eyes...you have dark circles around your eyes," he said as I gasped, covering my eyes. He laughed and stood up straight. "There's no need to cover your eyes, they're still pretty."

I could feel my face flush into a deep pink and my heart fasten. 

"C'mon, lets go back to your place and get some sleep, maybe your dark circles will disappear by Christmas," he snickered and walked ahead. I was still in a daze and looked at his back figure. 

"Maybe by Christmas you could stop talking so sweet to me," I whispered. "Or else I'll completely fall for you...no, I think I have already."