One More Loss

Brothers: Blood is Thicker

Electra was changing. We had to act fast. Soon after she killed Anastaysia TOP rushed her as her body collapsed to the ground. GD got to her next, but it took me awhile to leave my father's body to help them.

"What can we do?" GD asked. TOP tossed Electra over her shoulders, taking out his phone and ignoring GD.

"Daesung?" He asked. "How close are you?...Damn. Keep him at bay, she's gone now." He hung up the phone and turned to the rest of us. "Seungri heard everything. He thinks we're going to kill her so he's giving Reimy and Taeyang a hard time. Helen," The blonde nurse snapped up at the sound of her name. "The High Council's coming, I need you to distract them."

"TOP, Gianna's blood-"

"I know!" He interrupted. "But if we don't act fast, we'll lose Electra too." Helen nodded and headed downstairs. TOP shifted Electra's body towards me and GD. "Take her to the helicopter, I'll fly it."

"Where are we going?" I asked, running with them before getting on the helicopter.

"Far from here," he answered, flipping switches in front of him. The propellors started to spin and soon we were off the ground. "If we can't stop the change then we have to make sure she's no where near Celeste when she wakes up." I caught GD's glance as we passed over the city. Were we doing the right thing? It was our job to protect Celestrians from harm, especially from Dark Celestrians. Was it right to protect Electra? I glanced down at the girl's face, not believing that something evil was now hidden behind those eyes. This was the girl who helped me become who I am today. She was the biggest role model I had and she's saved my life more than once. I was still looking at her when suddenly her eyes shot open, revealing her new red irises. She lunged forward, arching her back as she did, and roared. Instinctly GD and I grabbed her and shoved her back down, but her strength was amazing.

"TOP!" I cried.

"GD, grab the controls!" TOP demanded, unbuckling himself to aid me in containing Electra. "Listen to me Electra!" He cried. "You have to regret and apologize for killing someone. It's the only way to save your soul." He snapped his head back just out of reach from Electra's fist.

"Never!" She cried. "The got what she deserved!" I didn't like her voice. It wasn't hers it was something else's....something evil.

"I'm at the coordinates," GD yelled. I glanced out the window to see that we were flying over a huge ocean, most likely the Pacific. TOP glanced down too.

"Please Electra," TOP whispered. She glared back at him.

"You're too late," She hissed. He let out a sigh before gripping her hand in what looked like a farewell handshake.

"I'm sorry-" Before any of us had time to react he opened the doors and flung Electra's body into the air, which continued to fall until she finally hit the water.

"You can't kill her!" GD yelled.

"I didn't," TOP replied, closing the door. "The water will." I stared at the ocean water's as TOP took back control. Like Giana, I didn't get to say goodbye to Electra.

 

It's been three days since the attack and we had all just got back from the memorial services for Giana and my dad. Both were relatively small in numbers since neither really had much family to begin with. Giana was buried next to her parents, who died when she was fifteen and was taken in by TOP. Our conversation was still fresh in my head. She was right after all, human allies to the Celestrian race were easy casualties in the war. They aren't trained to battle and are around Celestrians long enough to carry their scent for drones to sniff out. My father was buried with his family, who were also casualties at one point or another. The High Council were able to realize Electra's treachery and banned us from having a memorial service for her. Seungri was still not talking to any of us, spending most of his time in bed crying. GD and I were in my bed now, I could feel his lips kiss the top of my head.

"What are you thinking about?"

"Nothing," I mumbled.

"He loved you, Melanie," He whispered. Tears welled up in my eyes.

"I loved them all."