Chapter Ten: The Truth

Brothers: Blood is Thicker

 

I was up stairs with the Seungri, Taeyang, Jiyoung, and Reimy getting ready to head down the elevator for dinner. Before the doors closed, Oinkers in and jumped into Taeyang's arms. He smiled and lifted the fat animal, but Reimy watched with his mouth open.

"My own pig betrayed me!" He complained. Taeyang chuckled as he handed Reimy the pig.

"Probably because you gave him a bath and took him out," Taeyang said. Seungri blinked a couple of times in front of Oinkers before he backed away.

"He is pretty cute once you get over the fact that he's a pig," Seungri mumbled. Reimy laughed.

"He's the cutest!" The elevator doors opened Reimy let Oinkers run into the kitchen.

"Somebody better get this animal out of my kitchen before he turns into bacon!" My dad yelled, chasing the pig out with a spatula.

"Sorry, Charlie," Reimy apologized. Our laughs calmed down when we noticed TOP, Daesung, Helen, and Electra talking over a map on the table. I turned to Giana who was texting at the edge of the table.

"What's that about?" I asked. Giana looked over and shrugged.

"Something about your next mission. I don't know I just book the traveling expenses," she said. We all looked at each other and sat down next to the others as they were talking.

"That's all fine and dandy, TOP, but if Dmitri or his of a sister get thrown in the mix then will hit the wall," Electra said, taking a sip of her scotch.

"My research shows that they haven't been active lately," Daesung commented.

"Yeah, but he works with Ken, who's definitely been active lately," Electra countered.

"I just don't want anyone to get hurt," Helen said, hugging herself.

"They won't," TOP assured her. He looked up at us as we joined them and rolled up the map.

"What's going on?" I asked, breaking the silence. Helen and Daesung looked at TOP, seeing how he was going to handle it. TOP leaned back on his chair and sighed.

"We're getting ready for our next mission," TOP revealed.

"How soon?" Reimy asked.

"Very soon."

"Do you think we're ready?" Jiyoung asked. TOP shrugged his shoulders.

"You have to be. The mission is finding your parents," He said. Seungri's face had confusion all over it as he straightened up his body.

"Our parents?" he repeated. TOP narrowed his eyes at him.

"Yes. I'm not going to leave my brother and his wife out there to fend for themselves any longer." The Bin brothers looked at each other with a sober look then looked back at TOP. Jiyoung was the next one to speak.

"Our parents are dead, TOP. They were killed shortly after Seungri was born." Everyone grew quiet, even Giana put down her phone and watched TOP. TOP stared back for a long time and then started nodding his head as if he understood, but I could see the tears fill in his eyes. He looked away and a tear finally escaped before he rose from his seat and walked to the counter, his head hung low.

"How did you guys make it out alive?" Electra asked.

"A friend of our mother's. A sweet old lady who raised us until we were old enough to fend for ourselves," Jiyoung answered. My heart pained for him. I felt bad for him when I thought they were struggling out there with their parents, but I felt ten times worse knowing now their parents died and they were out there by themselves. Helen looked at Daesung and pushed him slightly o get on his feet. Daesung rose up and walked to his best friend.

"TOP?" he asked cautiously.

"I was eight when it all happened," TOP murmured. He turned to face us. "My brother, Woojong, received a note that we were being attacked and that they were after the child. We didn't know who they were talking about, but at that time, Melanie, you're mother was pregnant with you." Everyone glanced at me, but I looked at my father, who had his back turned to us but stopped moving. "We all assumed they were after you so we tried to protect your mother. My brother's wife, Minrae, was the one that realized that they were after Jiyoung, but at that time it was too late. They all had to leave, my brother and his family. I wanted to go with them, but I was forced to stay here with Melanie's mother and Charlie. Woojong said it was up to me to build the team needed to end the war. I spent the next twenty two years searching for them," He finished, bringing his fist to his mouth to fight back the tears. Daesung gripped TOP's shoulder, but TOP shrugged him off. "I'm ok. What's done is done. We need to focus on getting you all stronger as a team so that one day we can avenge the death of my family." We all nodded our heads and TOP left the room. I looked at my father, who was wiping the tears from his face. I knew what happened after that. My mother gave birth to me and left not even a day after. She broke my father's heart, but he stayed with TOP and raised me here. TOP met Daesung and Helen followed by Electra and Reimy and now, the Bin Brothers. We all sat quietly at the table. Finally Helen stood up.

"Let's call it a night for now, guys. If your hungry you can take a plate to your room, just bring it down in the morning." She took Daesung's hand and they left towards TOP's office.

"I need some air," Electra mumbled, grabbing her coat and heading out the door.

"Ditto," Giana added, right on her trail. The rest of us grabbed a plate from my father and headed upstairs through the elevator. Instead of all of us going to our rooms, though, we all sat and ate in the living room. No one said anything, it seemed like the quiet soothed us in a way. Oinkers came up and Reimy let him off his plate. Taeyang handed him his own plate as well.

"Give him mine," he said softly.

"Thanks," Reimy whispered back, taking the plate and placing it in front of Oinkers.

"He really loved our father, huh?" Seungri asked. It was quiet for a second, but then Jiyoung nodded his head.

"Yup. Just as much as I love you two," He said, looking at both of his brothers. He glanced at me but this time I didn't look away. Seeing him express his love to his brothers made me feel something deep in my chest, something that wouldn't be easy to make go away.