The Date Part 2

Spy My Heart

 Alex’s point of view

                “I am deeply sorry for all that.” Lee Joon breathed out in frustration. He held on to my hands looking at me in the eyes. Not that long ago we managed to escape Daesung only to end up at the closest park. We are currently sitting on the bench watching people pass us by. Families laughed happily as venders attempted to sell them their food.  The soft afternoon sky shined softly above us.

                “It’s fine, Lee Joon. You don’t have to apologize anyways Daesung is really …interesting.” I breathed out smiling at him.

                “That he is.” He chuckled. I smiled softly at him as I felt him squeeze my hand caringly. Lee Joon continued to stare in my eyes. His dark eyes sparkling with sincerity. “Alex. I am truly sorry. I feel as if he has ruined a perfectly great date.”

                I stared at Lee Joon for a moment. I couldn’t help, but wonder if his words are true or not. I sighed out softly as I turned my head to look ahead. The date was ruined the moment he picked me up late I thought as I watched people walking in front of us talking animatedly. I can’t figure out if he actually tried on this date. Or maybe he is, but I can’t notice. What am I doing? This is a mission. I am not supposed to care if he actually tried on the date. I am supposed to play him not the other way around. I couldn’t help but feel angry at myself. What am I doing? Maybe I am like this because I shut my heart to these kind of stuff since Jongup died. I ran my hand through my hair as I sighed again.

                “Alex?” Lee Joon let out anxiously as he looked at me. I need to stop thinking about the past. I can’t have the memories come back to me now. They will destroy me. “Alex?”

                “Hmm?” I finally answered looking at him. Concern flashed in his eyes before it was quickly masked by his unreadable expression. “Hey how about we enjoy the rest of our date? We can’t sit here all day with you apologizing.”

                “You are right.” Lee Joon let out with a smile as he stood up. He took my hand and helped me up. “What is it you care to do then?”  

                “hmm! Good question?” I thought out loud as I scanned around us at the different vendors and people out in the park. I watched a vender yell out about his cotton candy on sale while a couple ran to him excitedly. I then looked to my left to see a artist drawing a young mother and her baby. I couldn’t help, but smile as a thought crossed my mind. “How about we have some fun? Act like kids and not worry about what people think?”

                “I don’t understand?” He let out in confusion. I turned to Lee Joon smiling widely. His dark eyes stared at me in utter confusion as the wind softly blew around us. He scrunches his eyebrows as if trying to think over what I just said. Ugh he needs to really let loose.

                “Exactly! Let’s go! Let loose for once in your life Mr. tight .” I yelled as I pulled him with me deeper into the park. I ran through the park laughing as I pulled a shocked Lee Joon with me.

                The sounds of park musicians singing for spare change echoed through my ears. It’s been so long since I have been to this park almost two years. Last time I was here it was after I lost Jongup. It was sunny outside and I was forced to take a leave of absence from work from my doctor. They said if I go out in the field in my condition I would have been a danger to myself and my team. I sighed as I looked around the park as memories came back to me. I felt my body go numb as images passed through my head. I felt my heart clench in pain. I remember when I came here I walked like a zombie through the park wanting to disappear.  I couldn’t handle the pain alone. I almost wanted everyone to feel the same pain as me. I wanted….

                “Ma’am would you like to buy a cotton candy to go with this lovely evening. Only 1 dollar.” A vendor spoke out distracting me from my thoughts. God what am I doing? I stared at the vender with a blank expression. I am on a mission this is completely unlike me. Ugh I just want to punch myself in the face.  “Ma’am?”

                “Sorry. I’ll take two.” I said smiling radiantly at the vender. I watched out of the corner of my eye as Lee Joon stared at me with suspicion. I quickly locked the rest of the painful memories in the back of my head not wanting for them to escape. It is show time. The vender quickly without a second thought took the money from my hands as he started to make our cotton candies. I can still feel Lee Joon’s stare on me as I silently took the cotton candy from the old vender. We quickly thanked each other then I walked away with Lee Joon next to me. I stuck out the other cotton candy towards him while I ate mine.

                “What is this?”  He let out almost shocked as he slowly took the cotton candy from my hand. I looked at him from the corner of my eye.

                “It’s a cotton candy. Actual normal humans eat it at carnival and festivals-“

                “I know what it is.”

                “Really? Could have fooled me. Just enjoy the cotton candy. Or is it you never had one?” I said in shock. I stared in utter amusement as I stopped in my tracks to stare at the embarrassed man. My mouth stayed agape. “No way! You never had a cotton candy!”

                “I would appreciate if you did not yell about it.” Lee Joon hissed as he glared at me. He looked uncomfortable as he stared at the pink fluffy candy in his hands.

                “I don’t care. Try it! Go try it. Oh wait let me video tape this you must see your reaction to this.” I joked taking out my phone immediately videotaping him. I watched as he glared at me angrily thinking it would scare me. I rolled my eyes while I started to get impatient. “Hurry up and eat it or I will scream to the world that you never had a cotton candy.”

                “You are blowing this way out of proportion.”

                “I don’t care! Eat it!”

                “How did it lead to this.” Lee Joon muttered out as he ripped a piece of the cotton candy out and stuck it into his mouth. I let out a fit of laughter as I witnessed his face scrunch in disgust.

                “This is overly sweet. It tastes like pure sugar. Who would eat this.” He said out in disgust. I continued to laugh as he spat the rest of the cotton candy into a napkin. He then looked down at his hands to see some of the cotton candy sticking to his fingers. “It sticks to my hands. Who would eat this!” He expressed again. I couldn’t stop laughing as I witnessed the embarrassed frustrated man in front of me try to take cotton candy of his fingers. “It’s stuck how do I take it out?”

                “You have to –your fingers…to take it out.” I breathed out. Lee joon lifted a dark eyebrow as he looked in disgust at his fingers. He then looked at me with such a serious expression that it had me laughing again. He looks as if I just told him he has to defuse a bomb right now.

                “You can’t be serious.”

                “Oh Lee Joon, you are taking this completely out of proportion. It’s just cotton candy.” I mocked. My phone is still in my hand still recording the whole thing while Lee Joon sneered at me. He then proceeded to his fingers while still having his face scrunched up.

                “Ugh! I rather not try that again.” He breathed out dramatically as he threw out the rest of his cotton candy in the trash. At the same time I stopped my phone’s recording while I put away my touch screen safely.

                “oh you’re so dramatic.” I breathed out finishing up my cotton candy then throwing out the napkin holding it. “You didn’t have to throw away the rest. That was a waste of food. You could have given it to a homeless man.”

                “I highly doubt a man without a home would want that sugar on a stick.”

                “Hey when you don’t have anything and haven’t eaten in days you are happy with what you got. Now come. You still need to loosen up more.” I spoke grabbing his hand in mine.

                I led Lee Joon through the park to the kids section. The most fun place in the park. They have bouncy houses, face painting, squirting fountains, and game booths. I laughed as kids ran past us screaming and laughing as they dodged the squirting fountains. I quickly looked at Lee Joon with excited eyes knowing what to do. His dark eyes immediately widen with horror while he shook his head at me no. Lee Joon attempted to protest with all his might as he tried to pull away from me. I simply just laughed as I pulled him in the squirting fountain with me. Payback.

                  Lee Joon let out a scream as a powerful jet of cold water came up from under him hitting his whole front side. I laughed as the water sprayed us from everywhere soaking us to the core. I felt my wet hair come around my face as I laughed shaking my head. The kids around us laughed musically as they pointed at the soaked Lee Joon still in shock at what happened. I used this moment to take off my heels holding them on my hands. My feet touched the cooled ground as the jets of water continued to hit us. Kids ran around screaming and laughing as I laughed at Lee Joon who seemed to get out of his shocked state. He glared at me with pure distaste as he ran a hand through his hair pushing his hair back. I watched in shock as he took off his white Calvin Klein shirt to reveal a tight white tank top that was wet. I stared at him with my mouth agape. Damn was he built it should be illegal. Noticing my stare he smiled deviously at him as he stepped towards me. On instinct I took a step back holding my hands in surrender. I can’t even think now. My mind is going blank. The sounds around me went as if on mute as I couldn’t take my eyes off him coming towards him. The water kept soaking me, but I couldn’t even feel it.

                    “Joonie?” I let out almost in caution as he came closer. I felt my back hit the metal railing that kept kids from escaping the water fountains. I quickly looked for an exit so I may escape. There not even more than 10 feet away I see the gate to exit the fountain area. If I run now maybe I can make it. Just as I was about to make my escape I felt Lee Joon’s hands come on either side of me holding on to the railing stopping me. My breathing sped up as I felt him trap me with his body. He clutched the railing tightly. He was close. I looked back up at him to see him smirk as he bent his head down close to me. I could feel his warm breath hit my face for we were only an inch apart.

                     “Joonie?” He questioned softly looking at me in the eyes. I felt my legs shake slightly as his body seemed to come closer warming me slightly. “Are we starting with nicknames now, Miss Night.” He let out huskily. His dark almost black eyes seemed to burn into my soul as he came closer to me. I felt my breathed get caught in my throat as he rested his forehead against mine leaning closer to my lips. I felt his breath against my lips as he moved to close the distance between us, but..

                     “Cause you’re just another girl! Just another girl, another broken heart for me!”  My ringtone blared out loud making both Lee Joon and I spring apart in shock. I stared at him in shock as I attempted to process at what just happened.

                      “I am going to look for towels for us to dry.” Lee Joon let out softly. I managed to nod at him softly agreeing. I watched him walk away from me towards a vendor most likely to ask where to get towels.

                       I felt my breath come back to me as I breathed heavily. Did we just almost kiss? Did he just seduce me? Are you kidding me right now! I felt my phone vibrate against my s as the ringtone got louder. I let out an annoyed sigh knowing who it is as I stuck my hand back in my s to take out my phone that I placed in my bra next to the small pocket knife.

                       “What!” I hissed in a low dangerous voice as I pressed the phone against ear answering the call.

                        “Wow. No hello, Jaejoong. How are you, today? I could have been dying and wanted to hear your heavenly voice before I go into the light and you answer me like that.” Jaejoong said sounding offended. I growled out softly in warning as I turned away from Lee Joon so he won’t see or listen who I am talking to.

“What do you want, Jaejoong!”  I growled out.

“Did I interrupt something?”

“No, You didn’t! Now tell me why you called me and it better be good or I swear on everything I will kill you in the most inhumane way as possible I would be put in my own separate facility when they arrest me after I’m done with you.”

“Uhhhh…I …I…you..see..” Jaejoong stuttered out in fear.

“Jaejoong, Are you serious! Don’t let her scare you. She can’t do anything to you through the phone.” I heard Onew’s voice yell through the other line.                            

“Onew!” I hissed. “I am busy here. Now what do you two idiots want.”

“Oh we know you’re busy. Any second later we would have called you would have ravage each other on the kid’s fountains.” Onew muttered out.

“What?”

“What?”

“What!”

“What?”

“Onew!”

“Alex!”

“Jaejoong!” I heard Jaejoong yelled out excitedly. I sighed out in frustration as I rubbed my temples in annoyance.

“I am going to hang up now since this is useless. Goodby-“

“Wait Alex!” Jaejoong yelled through the phone. I narrowed my eyes glaring at the ground as my hand tightened on the phone.

“What. Do . You Want!” I breathed out as I clenched my teeth. I am going to kill them when I see them.

“The black dress looks ravishing on you. Why don’t you wear outfits like that around the office.” Jaejoong flirted. I quickly rolled my eyes in annoyance as I looked up at the people passing by.

“Because I have no reason to wear outfits like this. It attracts unwant….wait. How do you know I am wearing a black dress? Or at a kid’s fountain.” I questioned as I looked around the park. My eyes scanned everything women, children, vendors, and all the small attractions. Until I spot them. I narrowed my eyes as I was practically boiling in anger. I watched in anger as they stammered upon what to say not noticing me stalking towards them. They were hiding inside a large playground with kids running around. They looked like two giant idiots dressed in all black most likely wanting to be ninjas. I swear every time those two are together their IQ points drop as they act like children. I quickly rolled my eyes at my own thoughts. I have no room to talk.

“Well…you…see...” Jaejoong attempted to explain through the phone. I watched as Onew silently fought with him as he mouthed to him what to say. “I don’t understand, Onew. Why don’t……Oh !” Jaejoong said finally noticing me enter the playground. His eyes widen in fear as he seemed to pale.

“What? Dude what’s wrong with you?” Onew asked looking at Jaejoong not noticing me standing in front of him with my hands on my hips. I clicked end call on my phone as I crossed my arms at them letting out a loud sigh. Onew then finally looked up at me. I witnessed as his face slowly turned to that of horror as he paled.

“Abort! Abort mission!” Jaejoong yelled as he and Onew stood up in lightening speed and went to make a run for it. I calmly walked behind them as they ran trying to avoid children and playground equipment.  Knowing that they can’t out run me Jaejoong tripped Onew knocking him down.

“Jaejoong! No! You can’t leave me!” Onew yelled out dramatically as he held out his hand to his comrade. I rolled my eyes as I notice us getting an audience now. Jaejoong stopped in his tracks as he stared at the fallen Onew with pity.

“I’m sorry. There is no other way. I have to live. Don’t worry I will tell everyone about your bravery. Your story will live on for ages.” 

“Morons.” I huffed out not having time to hear another one of their brotherhood speeches. I need to hurry back before Lee Joon goes back to the fountain and notices me gone. I turned around to see a little girl holding a jump rope. I smiled softly at her as I quietly walked towards her. She looked up at me with big green eyes as she smiled happily at me. “May I borrow your jump rope, Please.”  The little girl nodded shyly as she handed me her pink princess jump rope without a second thought. I smiled as I held the jump rope in my hands walking back to the guys to see them coming to the end of their speeches.

“Please tell my family I love them. Tell them that I went down bravely with no regrets. I will miss you. Now save yourself. I will hold her off. Run. Don’t forget my sacrifice for you.” Onew yelled dramatically as fake tears went down his face. Jaejoong stared one last time before he turned to run.

“Really? You guys have to be the weirdest pair I know. You think you will get off easily.” I said as I stepped on Onew’s back keeping him on the ground. I swung the jump rope over my head with force then launched it towards Jaejoong’s running figure.

“Noooooo! Jaejoong!” Onew yelled in horror as we saw the jump rope wrap around Jaejoong’s feet making him fall face first to the ground.  The audience around us clapped in astonishment as they let out how amazing it was I got him with just a jump rope from my distance. I just shrugged off their compliments. That was just the smallest minimum that I can actually do.

“Shut up!” I growled as Onew as I removed my foot from over him to grab him by the ear as I dragged him towards Jaejoong.

“Ow. Ow. Ow. Owwwwww!” Onew complained as I threw him next to his idiot partner in crime. Jaejoong sat up groaning in pain as he rubbed his face.

“Why did it have to be my face.” Jaejoong whined.

“Why are you both here? Answer now before I make you answer.” I growled growing tired of them now.

“We wanted to see how your mission was going.” Onew said. “We were worried. You haven’t been on a date since. …you know. We wanted to see you were alright.”

“Why didn’t you just watch silently from where you were then gone home. I am fine as you can see.”

“Yeah right! Alex, We saw you zone out then freeze up when he leaned into kiss you.”  Jaejoong breathed out as he leaned back on his hands. I looked at him shocked.

“I didn’t freeze up.”

“Yes! You did. Alex, we also came here because something came to our attention.” Onew said now getting serious. He and Jaejoong stood up from the ground dusting themselves off. I stood in silence as they stood on with either side of me looking ahead making it look like they were just passing by me.

“The leader of the Russian group, Zmeya, the group that killed Jongup is missing. As of two days now.” Jaejoong breathed out. I looked ahead at park in shock. We stood in the shadows in silence.

“He is the lead of the Mafia. He could..” I started to protest, but I was cut off by just the look Onew gave me.

“It was reported to us by someone we have that is on the inside.” Jaejoong spoke out seriously.  “The Zmeya gang is in a frenzy attempting to find answers. They are waging wars with other mafias for answers to find their leader. Our man said he believes someone kidnapped the leader for that purpose.”

“Not only that.” Onew spoke as he hesitated to say the rest. “They never found Jongup’s body on the day he died. No trace at all.” My eyes widen in fear as I turned to Onew not caring who was watching.

“The reports were deleted even his existence through the database I even saw his body fall that day…Are you…” Millions of questions and fears went through my head as I stared out in disbelief. This can’t be happening.

“Alex, we broke into the Russian CIA and Police database. They reported the break in from when you stole the nuclear documents. They also reported the search at the warehouse for gang violence. They found dead bodies and took pictures of all the evidence and body count. Jongup was not there. It was as if …”

“I understand.” I breathed out shakily. I lifted a shaky hand running it through my wet hair. My damp dress clung to my body as I still held my heels on my hand. I felt my heart accelerate upon hearing their news. “Have what you have found in a secure file I will look over it. Make sure no one is tracking what you have been doing, understand. ” They nodded seriously as they went to walk away.

“One more thing.” Jaejoong spoke making me turn around and face him. He grabbed both of my shoulders as he leaned closer to me. His face stared at me seriously. I stared at him in shock almost afraid to hear what else there could be. I have never seen Jaejoong this serious. I felt his mouth come next to my ear. “Use protection we don’t need little demons running around terrorizing us beautiful people.” He whispered out then chuckled to himself softly while he leaned back. I quickly sneered at him as pulled my fist forward with all my strength punching him in the gut.

“! Next time I will break your face.” I growled as I walked away from him. Jaejoong groaned out in pain as he fell to the floor.  I then let out a small smile knowing he did that to lighten the mood so I won’t be depressed.

“Alex!” Onew yelled as he grabbed my hand stopping me in my tracks. He looked at me with concern. He looks so worried. I don’t want to hear it. I can’t hear it anymore. “Alex are you alright. That was a lot to take in. Maybe you should stop this. I can call Kris…” Before I even let him finish I let out a high pitched scream. People in the park stopped and watched us as I frantically tried to pull away.

“Help! He tried to me! Help me! Please help me!” I screamed out in fake fear as I let tears dropped down my face. Onew froze as he stared at me in fear. “They tried to gang up on me! Help me! I managed to knock one down, but he wants to punish me!” I screamed again.

“Alex what are you doing!” Onew hissed out in fear as he saw the cops running towards us as I continued to scream out in fake fear.

“Payback ! Protect yourself and Jaejoong in Jail. I heard they go for the pretty ones.” I whispered out. Onew quickly let me go as he glared at me. I quickly got up and ran frantically to one of the cops. Putting on my best Damsel in distress acting I grabbed onto the middle aged beer bellied cops arms letting tears come down. “That’s him. Please he tried to grab me and me. Him and his friend. AHHHHHHH!! I was so scared.”

“! You’ll pay for this, Alex!” Onew yelled as he fled to Jaejoong to help him up. I watched as the both idiots ran screaming their innocence as the cops chased them.

“Threat! That’s at threat!” I screamed as I backed away slowly I need to get away fast. I turned around ready to make my mad dash to only run into a hard muscular chest.

“So I leave you for 10 minutes and this is what happens. “ I heard a familiar husky voice say in amusement. I looked up at to see Lee Joon staring at me with amusement as he lifted an eyebrow.  “Friends of yours?”  I stared up at him in sadness as I felt of the weight of the information hit me. Jongup's body not found. The Mafia leader possibly kidnapped. What does this all mean? “Alex?” Lee Joon voiced out in concern as he rested his hand against my cheek. “Are you alright? Are you hurt?”

“No!” I smiled softly leaning into his hand. I quickly ignored my thoughts as I focused back on the mission. “I’m fine just cold.” I breathed out.

Lee Joon let out a sigh of relief as he pulled me close to him. We walked away from the scene I had caused unnoticed. We walked side by side each other with a towel keeping us together. Our damp bodies occasionally bumped against each other as we walked through the park. His arm on my shoulders. If you saw us we would look like one of those cute couples you see in dramas and movies. But it was far from that.

“You have not answered my question yet?” Lee Joon spoke up breaking the comfortable silence between us. I looked up at him confused. “Were they friends of yours?”

“What makes you think they were friends? What if they were actual that wanted me for my body!” I pouted as cuddled closer to the warmth of his body. The night sky shined above us now as the wind picked up causing a slight breeze to freeze my in this short dress. I felt Lee Joon’s body shake as he chuckled at me.

“I believe if they were truly trying to hurt you. You would have inhumanly killed them before they even get a chance to touch you.” I looked up at Lee Joon shocked then bursted out laughing. He has only known this me for a couple days and he has figured out my personality completely.  He is good I give him that.

“Your right I would have.” I laughed. “To answer your question. Yes they are my friends. Actually old college friends of mine who I feel like I have known my whole life. They are like my brothers and only came here to spy on me because they heard I was on a date.” I lied easily chuckling to myself.

“From what I have gathered when they were running away from the cops they seem like charming people.” Lee Joon commented. God why does he have to talk to proper. I looked up at him and laughed.

“Yes. Quiet charming.”

“I sense sarcasm.”

“And I sense that you're getting uptight again.” I retorted looking up at him. We stopped walking as we just stared at each other for what seemed like for eternity. His slanted dark eyes sparkled with amusement as his tan skin glowed against the street lamps. I marveled at his strong bone structure wondering how he can look so god like without even trying. “I thought we let go of Mr.tightass at the fountain. Looks like I have more work to do.”

“Does this mean I will see you again?”

“Yes. You will. So start getting used to me, Professor. I am going to put fun in your life.” I flirted.

“I look forward to it!” Lee Joon whispered.

I felt his hand tightened on my shoulder pulling me closer to him as he leaned his head down towards me. His eyes closed softly as he came closer to my lips. Almost on instinct I put my hands up covering my lips.  I felt my heart quicken in panic. Lee Joon opened his eyes in confusion as he pulled slightly away. We were still close enough that his face covered my whole field of vision. I felt our body warmth mixing together overheating almost pushing us to close the distance. I looked up at Lee Joon through my long lashes smiling at him deviously.  I then proceeded to shock the crap out of Lee Joon as I put my hands down and simply got out of his hold walking away from him in my bare feet.  I kept the towel wrapped around my own shoulders to myself.

“Let’s go, Professor. You must drop me off at home.” I breathed out dramatically as I waved my hand up that was holding my heels. I motioned for him to follow me as I kept on walking ahead without looking back.

“She is defiantly a force to be reckoned with.” I heard Lee Joon muttered out softly before he ran to catch up to me.

Lee Joon -2. Alex -1. I am catching up. Just watch Lee Joon. I will have you seduced. Then I will have my information soon. Let the games begin.