Shot's fired

Spy My Heart

Kris point of view

                “Agent Kris! Agent Onew! You both are immediately wanted in the control room.” Soyu let out urgently running to us. She only stopped for a brief second then she went to other Agents telling them to report to the control room. What is going on?

                “What’s going on?” I yelled after her in panic. I don’t like this. I don’t like what’s going on.

                “It’s Alex!” Soyu yelled back turning around towards me. Her long brown wavy hair went down past her shoulders. Her brown eyes held worry and panic. I felt my breathed hitch at her words. Oh no. Panic settled into me. “Jr found her! He wants all the Agents to gather in the control room.” And with that she ran off continuing to yell.

                “Kris?” Onew let out in shock.

 I turned towards him and with one look. His brown eyes seemed to mirror mine’s. Horror, fear filled his features. Even shock as his mouth hanged open. Without wasting any time we both ran towards the control room. Not even bothering with the elevator, we raced down the stairs taking it two at a time. I jumped down the last few steps, ignoring the throbbing pain the jump caused my ankle I slammed the door open. I ran through the frantic control room heading towards the main room where everyone is gathering. Onew yelled for me to slow down, but I can’t. Alex. They can’t catch her. What the hell is she doing?

“Agent Kris, nice of you and your partner to finally join us!” Jr’s breathed out smugly. I breathed heavily looking up at him. Without taking my eyes off of his cold, taunting brown eyes I made my way towards him. Once I reached him I sent him my best glare. “I hope I did not interrupt your morning!”

“What’s going on, Jr?” Onew breathed out behind me. We stood in front of all the watchful Agents eyes.

“It’s Alex!” Jr breathed out turning around towards the monitors. A sadistic smile filled his features.  Both Onew and I turned towards the monitors to only widen our eyes. What is going on? “Looks like her target found her for us.”

The monitors showed Alex and Lee Joon arguing in the middle of the street pointing their guns at each other. People ran away with panic noticing the guns as cars stood abandoned in a screeching halt near them. I shook my head in denial. Lee Joon said he was there to help her. He lied.

“What’s going on?” Onew breathed out coming up next to me. He stared at the large monitor with the same shocked expression as me. He is wondering the same thing as me.

“I’ll tell you. Lee Joon came here hearing that Alex is here. He came here to finish the job. Making my job easier. Now I know what he is here for.” Jr laughed. That son of a . I turned towards him glowering at his satisfied face. Jr shrugged at me as if I was nothing then turned back towards all the Agents behind us. “As you all can see, Alex is in the open. She is currently in a quarrel with her target right now making all this easier for us. I want all the snipers to come with me. We are going to occupy the buildings around. We are not letting her get away this time. When I give the go, we are going to kill both her and Lee Joon. I then want Ailee, Jay Park, and their team to do ground control.” Jr said. He looked right at Ailee and Jay Park with a serious expression.  “When the shot is taken I need your team to make sure everything is clear at the bottom. I want to go down to make sure they are both dead.”

I looked at all the Agents to see them expressionless. They are masking their emotions so no one knows. Some of them, like Ailee for instance, held a passive expression. Guilt, anger, and sorrow passed their eyes. I turned back to Onew to see him looking down at the ground his hands tightly. His knuckles turning white as his jaw clenched. We have to stop this. He will kill her.

“Jr! Why kill them both?” I asked breaking the heavy silence. Jr turned towards me. A sinister expression filled his features. His lips tilted up in a dangerous smirk.

“Because I want to.” He simply breathed out looking at me. He then turned back towards everyone. “All right. Let’s go. Everyone else is to stay here and watch the monitors. Now let’s get moving.” He simply said as he walked away.

The room immediately came back to life. Everyone immediately went to go do what they were ordered. I turned back towards the monitor to now see Alex and Lee Joon screaming at the top of their lungs. Tears were going down Alex’s face as her hands shook. I wish we could know what they are saying, but this is most likely from a traffic camera. They don’t have audio in them. I felt my chest tightened painfully. I knew this day would come, Alex couldn’t hide forever. I thought it would come later.

I know no one wants to do this. Everyone loves Alex. Ever since that day we caught her in the alley, everyone got on her side.  I would hear Agents whisper in the halls about her. They wished she would end this. She would end Jr. Some even wanted her to take over the Bureau.

“You have to stop this!”  I jumped slightly at the voice. Turning to the side my eyes widen in shock. Ren?! He turned towards me with a sullen face. “You have to end this. You can’t let him kill Alex.”

“We can’t.” I breathed out. The truth of my own words hit me. I can’t stop him.

“Yes! You can! You will!” Ren demanded under his breathed. With that being his last words, he walked away towards the direction Jr took off in.

“He’s right!” Onew breathed out with determination. I turned towards my partner in shock. He just stared ahead at the screen with a serious expression. I felt my heart quicken just staring at his serious face. I never seen Onew this serious. “We can stop this. We will stop this! Alex always protects us. It’s time we protect her.”  Onew turned his head towards me. A small smile on his face. I felt his warm his hand grab mine. He squeezed my hand gently. “It’s time we betray this Agency.”

It’s time, Kris. I told myself over and over in my head. It’s time for us to end this. I looked back at the monitor at Alex then at Onew. Together. We are together on this. It’s time I stop being afraid. Today I am no longer a sniper that is standing in a roof away from danger. Today I will jump first into the battlefield with a pistol unafraid. I squeezed Onew’s hand looking at him with determination.  I can’t be afraid anymore. Alex’s life and the future of our country rest on our hands.  I nodded at Onew.  I have Onew with me. As long as we are together we will be fine.

Not only Onew, but I also have this Agency. I turned towards the remaining Agents still left here in the control room. They stared at Onew and I with hope. Hoping we save Alex. Hoping we end this. We are going to end this today. With one last squeeze of the hand, I let go of Onew’s hand. We both ran out the room to get ready. I can hear almost a faint sound of ‘good luck’ and ‘end this’ from some of the Agents we passed.

We all believe in Alex. We all believe in her. What she say’s is true and everyone knows it. Alex thought she was alone out there, but she was never alone. She had us. She has the Agency. Everyone was just too afraid to be on her side, but not anymore.

About two hours and a lot of stair climbing later, we are standing on the roof of a Russian bakery.  Jr stood next to me with a smirk, his arms crossed over his chest. There were about twenty snipers up here in this building with us. Each of us wearing an ear piece hearing everyone telling us they are in position.  Groups of snipers were positioned on the building’s surrounding Alex and Lee Joon, who are now fist fighting. Yup, they are fighting for a long time. It took me a while, but I figured it out. This is a trap.

Alex and Lee Joon aren’t really fighting they are pretending to. How did I know? Because if they were really fighting even if Alex has feelings for him. Alex would have shot Lee Joon. She wouldn’t waste her time in fighting with him. But what was her plan? I have no idea. All I know is that this is a risky trap she set up. Like how the hell is she planning this?

Onew and I decided to play along until it was time. Then we will take action and point our guns at Jr.

“Target in sight!” I heard N breath out through my ear piece. Him along with Ken were on the other side in another building. Their target was Lee Joon while mine was Alex. “Just give us the order.”

I was bent down on the edge of the building. My long powerful sniper sticking out pointing towards Alex. I held my weapon close to me as my finger hovered over the trigger. Through my stethoscope I can see Alex dodge a punch from Lee Joon. Her face contained a knowing smirk as she used her feet to trip him. Lee Joon quickly rolled to the side standing up again. They circled each other.

“Not yet!” Jr breathed out. “I want to see if he kills her first. Kris, do you have a steady visual?”

“Yes sir!” I answered.

“Good.”

We all watched in silence as Lee Joon and Alex continue to fight. Lee Joon dodged her fist with almost animalistic grace then he opened his mouth yelling at her. They breathed heavily a few feet from each other. Lee Joon yelled at her while Alex stood there yelling back on occasion.

“What is going on?” Jr ordered for someone to tell him. “Will someone tell me what the they are saying!”

No one answered. I continued to stare through my stethoscope. I aimed it toward Lee Joon in hope to read his lips. He yelled three words towards Alex then he grabbed her. I was in shock on how much emotion he was expressing. Lee Joon does not seem like the type to easily express his emotions. I can tell he had a tough time admitting to himself that he was in love with Alex. But here he is yelling. He yelled he loved her then grabbed her. Everyone was in shock as some gasps can be heard through my ear piece as we all watched Lee Joon kiss Alex passionately.

“He wasn’t here to kill her. He was here to protect her.” I heard Leo in the ear piece under his breathe. He probably forgot we could hear him. “If that is true then that means.”

I leaned back away from my gun to stare at a furious Jr. Everyone was staring at him with an accusing look. They all figured it out. I stood up from my position feeling all the Agents stare at me from their positions.

“Everything Alex said was true. She isn’t the traitor. Jr is!” I growled glaring at Jr. Jr snapped his head up at me with a fierce glare, but I won’t back down. It’s time to end this. The Agents on this roof with me stared at me with a knowing look then looked at Jr with anger.

“Get back in position, Agent Kris!” Jr hissed. I shook my head. “That is an order Agent. Get back in position and fulfill this mission.”

“No!”

“This is not a choice!”

“I don’t care! I am not shooting anyone today!”

“I order you to shot Alex Night!” Jr roared.  His brown eyes blazed with a fire of rage. He took a threatening step towards me, but I stood my ground. He won’t intimidate me into shooting my best friend. Upon seeing that I won’t do it, Jr looked out at the different buildings to see all the Agents throwing their guns to the ground. They refused to follow his orders as they just glared at him with hatred. “What do you all think you’re doing! I order you to get back in your positions and shot both Lee Joon and Alex!”

“No!” N yelled into his ear piece. “We are done with your !”

“Everything Alex said was true. She shouldn’t be taken out! You should!” I heard Jay Park’s voice yell. Did I mention all the Agents here in Russia are hearing all this.

“You are the one that got Jongup killed!” Ken yelled accusingly.

A collective gasp echoed through the ear piece. I stared at Jr. Insanity seems to be taking over him as he yelled back his objections, but no one let him. The accusations kept coming out from different Agents in different places.

“You are working with the North Koreans!” I finally spoke up with a scowl on my face. I stood tall and proud aiming my gun at him now. “You are planning a strike against America!”

Jr snapped his head up at me. Silence went through the air. The tension almost suffocating. I glared at Jr with pure hatred as different emotions passed through him. Shock..Anger..Insanity…Pure hatred towards me. His glare almost as if a laser wanting to kill me. He then smiled sadistically. We all watched in shock as Jr let out a loud evil laugh. He sounded and looked like a psychopath.

“Everyone is siding with the traitor.” Jr breathed out. “They believe in the traitor. That’s cute.”

Onew came up Jr holding his pistol up to his head. With a loud click Onew spoke. “It’s over Jr. You lose.”

“You all don’t see.” Jr breathed out shaking his head. I narrowed my eyes as he stared right into my eyes with a devious look. “I don’t lose.”

It all happened so fast. I had no time to think. Everyone seemed to watch in shock as Jr elbowed Onew in the face breaking his nose even more than it already was. Onew roared in pain grabbing his bleeding nose. Jr grabbed Onew’s gun shooting Onew in the knee making him roar in pain. No. Onew! I yelled his name as I went to run towards him. Jr immediately turned to my direction pointing the gun at me.

 A loud gunshot echoed in the air as he fired. I felt the bullet zoom through my chest making me fall to the ground with a loud shocked gasp. I let go of my gun unable to hold it anymore. A cold liquid seems to fill my chest flowing down towards the ground. I heard all the Agents that were watching yell my name in panic as other’s demanded to know what was going on. I feel cold. I am starting to feel numb. I coughed out blood as I started to feel weak.  I can’t breathe. I felt like I was choking. I could only taste the metallic taste of blood. I can hear footsteps coming towards me, but it sounded foggy. Everything sounded foggy. My vision is starting to blur. Everyone was too much in shock to do anything. No wonder Alex gets so pissed off about them being horrible Agents.

“I’ll take that!” Jr said grabbing my gun.

“No!” I moaned out as I tried with all my strength to grab my gun back. But I couldn’t. Damn it! Jr just laughed as he moved away from me.

My eyelids tried to close without me telling them to. Jr pressed his foot over my chest making my snap my eyes open I screeched out in anguish. My chest was blazing with fire as I felt as if knives were stabbing me repeatedly. I moaned at the pain. Black dots started to fill my vision as I looked up at Jr’s smiling face. My vision was focusing and unfocusing on him. My eyes felt like they wanted to roll in the back of my head. I breathed heavily as I weakly lifted my hands to claw him to try and get him off me, but he pressed his foot down harder. I let out another torturous yell to the sky.

“Hold still please! I am trying to take my shot!” Jr laughed.

I can faintly hear Ailee through the ear piece giving orders to everyone to run to my aid. She told N to take a shot at Jr, but N kept yelling there was no clear shot. A shot fired. I heard Ken yell out N as he yelled that N was shot down. Another shot. Leo is down. Another shot. Jay Park yelled that some blonde man ran in front of a bullet aimed for Alex. Daesung?

“The blonde man is down.” Jay Park breathed out in panic. “Alex is ing pissed! She is shooting back. I repeat! We are taking fire.”

“Alex! We are not your enemy!” I hear Ailee yell back. “Hold your fire. Everyone hold your fire don’t shot Alex! All Agents take out Jr. I repeat take out Jr!”

 They tried to shot back at Jr, but he shot back.  I can hear loud shouts echo through the air and all at once Jr’s weight left my chest. He was tackled to the ground by someone. I can hear men yell in Korean. Korean?

“Kris?” I turned my head weakly to see Onew crawling towards me. I smiled softly at him. The pain is starting to leave me. A shiver took over my body as I felt as if I was being frozen. I felt Onew’s warm hands hold my face in his hands. I want to hold him back, but I can’t move. Tears came down his eyes. “Kris? Please, Kris? Medic! Someone get a Medic here!” Onew sobbed. I felt tears go down my eyes in realization.

 I’m dying. I was always afraid of this.   

“Onew?” I breathed out weakly. My eye lids fluttering closed. I want to sleep.

“Kris! Don’t close your eyes!” Onew sobbed shaking me. I opened my eyes weakly looking up at him. His face covered in blood as tears came down his eyes.  

“Onew, I’m cold.” I breathed out. I felt him lift my face to his chest as he continued to sob. “I’m tired.”

“No. no no no!” Onew yelled as he moved me again to keep me from closing my eyes again. I feel so weak. I can’t hold on anymore. Alex is going to bring me back to life and kill me again if she knew.  I felt Onew’s tears land on my face as if it was rain. “Where is the ing medic! Kris! You have to stay awake. Please.”

“I…. can’..t …..hold….. on.. an-“ I couldn’t even finish my words for my eyes closed.

I was surrounded in darkness. I was freezing. I was alone. A bright light shined on me through the darkness beaconing for me to go towards it. I smiled weakly getting up from my crouched position on the dark floor. Tears went down my eyes as I thought about my life. I sobbed out loud as I kept thinking about how I can’t go back. I can’t go back. I walked towards the light as I wept my sorrows and how unfair life was.