Jongup

Spy My Heart

Lee Joon point of view

                “You’re not surprised?” Jongup let out as he chuckled to himself. I narrowed my eyes at him slightly annoyed. My leg is killing me. I can feel my body go slowly down as my good leg started to weaken. But I will not show him I am in pain. I maintained a straight face as I just stared at him. “How I survived two years ago? Well that is a long and complicated story that I don’t trust you enough to tell. But I will tell you how I remained off the radar. I faked my death simple. So they didn’t even look for me to begin with.” He shrugged.

                “ What about Alex? You never told her? Does she even know now?” I asked. Jongup’s eyes immediately looked at me with sadness. He shook his head at me. I rolled my eyes at him angered at what he put her through. Jaejoong told me how she was without him. “Bastard! You know how depressed she was at first without you. Do you know how much she blamed herself for your death!” I practically yelled at him.

I fisted my hands in anger. I breathed heavily. My body is starting to feel heavy as my peripheral vision started to go black. I am losing too much blood. I let out a groan in pain as I let my body go down to a sitting position. Noticing my action Jongup let out a sigh as he grabbed Alex’s abandoned scarf on the floor handing it to me. I stared at the scarf then at him with curious and distrusting eyes. He motioned the scarf to me again for I to take it, but I just narrowed my eyes at him.

“Will you take the damn scarf! We need to pause the bleeding for now before you lose too much blood. My place is around here I can treat your wound there.” He growled out in frustration ing the scarf towards me.

I nodded my head slowly taking the scarf still looking at him suspiciously. Putting the scarf under my bad leg I quickly tied it tightly on my wound letting out a groan when I tightened it. My leg vibrated harder in pain then slowly when numb. I watched as the scarf slowly started to fill with blood. Looking back up at Jongup to see him staring at me with regret. What is going on right now?

“Why? Why are you doing this?” I breathed out still confused by his actions. He was the one who shot me now he is helping me. Jongup let out a breath as he ran his hand through his brown hair. He looked to the side out the alley then back at me.

“I know you are Lee Joon from the South Korean division.” He started to explain. My eyes widen looking at him in shock. He knows who I am. “I shot you at first because I thought you were gonna finish your mission and kill Alex. And I can’t have you doing that, but when I saw the sincerity in your eyes when you told me you would still protect her in death I realized you feel the same way about her as I do. I’m sorry I shot you, but you need to understand I’ve been protecting Alex in the shadows for these past two years. I would do anything for her. When I saw you chase her I knew I had to stop you before you hurt her. Hell a few days ago I had to help her break out of Zmeya’s prison without her recognizing me.”

“I understand. I would do the same if I were in your position, but I believe we should move now. It is not safe to talk about these things out here. Also I need to get my wound treated.” Jongup nodded in agreement.

He bent down putting my arm on his shoulder helping me up. I gritted my teeth as agonizing pain overcame my body as I put all my weight on my good leg. I leaned against Jongup letting him support me. Breathing heavily I mentally prepared myself for what's about to happen. To walk I have to put some weight on my bad leg and it is going to be tortuous. Putting everything he has told me temporary on hold to focus on moving. Just when we started to move towards a building I heard a loud voice.

“Hyung!” Daesung’s voice echoed as he stood in front of the alleyway looking at us with wide confused eyes. Sweat covered his face and back as he breathed heavily signifying he has been running a lot. I rolled my eyes in annoyance glaring at him.

“What the hell took you so long! Some partner you are.” I yelled at him. I suppressed a groan as we moved forward towards him. Some weight went on my bad leg causing it to basically scream at me to stop. I felt sweat go down my face making hair wet and stick to me. “You shot really close to my bone you bastard!” I hissed at Jongup completely angered now.

He turned his head to me with apologetic eyes as he shrugged. Then he focused at Daesung coming towards us with suspicious eyes. His free hand at his back most likely at his gun. Daesung eyed Jongup with the same gaze as he took out his gun pointing it at him.

“You ok, Hyung?” Daesung ask me without taking his off of Jongup. I can see the shock and recognition in his dark eyes as he came closer to us. He knows who he is. I narrowed my eyes at Daesung in annoyance.

“No! You imbecile! I am shot in the leg! Who would be ok in this situation? Now where the hell where you all this time?” I hissed at him in anger. 

“You know I don’t like you cursing anymore, Hyung! I miss you being uptight. You’re meaner like this.” He grumbled.

“We need to get Lee Joon safety out of here now to take care of his wound.” Jongup spoke up seriously staring at Daesung. Daesung glared at him in annoyance still pointing his gun at him.

“Why the hell should I trust you? You’re supposed to be dead!” Daesung growled at him. Jongup let out a sigh then tightened his hold on me helping me move again. “Where the hell are you going? No one is explaining anything to me. Tell me one good reason why I shouldn’t shot you.”  His voice echoed behind us as he followed us.

“Just…keep..going..He …will…follow.” I breathed out weakly. I can feel my vision darken as my body felt limp now. No doubt Jongup is supporting all my weight now. He stared at me in concern as he shook me.

“Lee Joon. You have to stay awake. You can’t close your eyes. Damn it. Blondie come here and help. And stop ing!” Jongup yelled at Daesung. I can hear footsteps running towards us. My vision is starting to get blurry as I felt my body being lifted up and pressed on someone’s back. “He lost to much blood, ! We need to hurry and get his wound treated. My place is just around here. Hurry up.”

I can feel my body go up and down as the person carrying me ran. The air blew against me. My body completely numb. I felt myself shiver as a cold chill overcame me. My eye lids are starting to feel heavy as they attempted to close, but I fought it. I need to stay awake. I need to stay alive to find Alex. I almost had her today. She was right in front of me, but I let her slip away from me. My breathing started to slow down as well as my heart beat.

Alex. I need to protect her. I need to find her. I need to keep her safe.

And with my last thought being her I let myself slip into the dark abyss.

Jongup’s point of view

                ! I shouldn’t have shot him. Me and the Blondie known as Daesung ran past different buildings through the back alleys so no one can see us. My place is near here. I need to get his wound treated or he will die. I need to get that bullet out of him. , Jongup! What did you do! I was protecting Alex from him I thought he was gonna kill her, but it turns out he is in love with her. I saw it in his eyes when he swore he would come after me and protect her.  He has the same expression as I do everytime I thought of her. This might be a problem later, but for now I have to keep him alive. Both of us can help each other out.

                “In here!” I breathed out in panic running into my rundown abandoned apartment building. I found this building two years ago and took refuge here. No one even came near it. It was the perfect place to hide. With the many rooms I kept many things in here including a medic room where I took Alex when she was unconscious to treat her. I kicked open the door motioning for Daesung to go in first. “Put him on top of the table while I get the stuff.”

                Daesung quickly listened as he put Lee Joon carefully on the table. I ran around the room grabbing things I need to take out the bullet and redress his wound. I don’t have anesthesia so he is going to feel it. Running back to the table throwing all the stuff next to Lee Joon. Daesung looked frantically between us then back at his partner. His eyes widen in pure fear.

                “He is unconscious!” He breathed out in panic as he pressed his hand on his neck to check his pulse. “He has a faint pulse.”

                “Ok. I need to take out the bullet. Daesung, in the next room I have a blood bag and an IV we are going have to do a blood transfusion.” I let out frantically trying to calm myself down. I can't panic now. I have to help Lee Joon now. Daesung stared up at me in shock as I quickly started to get ready. “What are you doing standing around go get it! We don’t have much time.”  And with that he ran out the room.

                Two hours later I stood over Lee Joon with an unsure expression. The bullet out of his leg and an IV in his vein giving him more blood. My hands were covered in his blood as sweat went down my face. I breathed heavily as my heart continued to pound heavily. If he dies I don’t know what Alex will do when she finds out. I know she has feelings for him also I can tell when I was watching over her in D.C. Also when I was treating her wounds she said his name while she was out cold.

                   I breathed out feeling my chest clench in pain upon the thought. Lee Joon’s chest moved up and down showing he is breathing well. I put two fingers on his neck right under the corner of his jaw to feel it vibrate underneath. His pulse is back to normal and regular. He is alive. Now he just has to wake up. I let out a breath of relief.

                “How is he?” I heard his partner, Daesung, breath out behind me. I turned towards him to see him stare at Lee Joon’s unconscious figure with worry. Then his eyes looked back up at me sadly. It is funny to remember just two hours ago we were fighting because he didn’t trust me.

                “He is fine. The bullet is out and his pulse is regular.” I breathed out taking out my latex gloves throwing them in the plastic bag filled with towels covered in Lee Joon’s blood.

I ran a hand through my hair as I let myself drop on my old broken couch. We almost lost him at one point during my surgery, but Daesung pumped his chest not giving up. He brought him back as he performed cpr on Lee Joon. He made me swear not to tell him or anyone else that he did that. Like who else would I honestly tell?  Daesung let out a sigh of relief smiling at me.

“That’s a relief. Thanks man.” I lifted my hand at him as I shook my head at him. I don’t want his thanks. It was my fault Lee Joon was like that in the first place.

“Don’t thank me. I was the one who shot him in the first place. It is my fault.”

“You also saved him.”

“I had to.” Daesung tilted his head to the side in confusion not understanding. “Think about it, Daesung. When Alex finds out that Lee Joon disappeared in Russia without a trace what will she think? She will do everything in her power to find out what happened to him. And if she finds out he is dead she will track the person who killed him down. Which will lead her to finding me?”

“I see, but does that mean you don’t want her to ever find you?” He asked. I let the corner of my lips go up in a sad smile as my chest clenched. She can never know I am alive. It will destroy her. I shook my head at Daesung.

“It is better for her to never know that I am still alive. Deep down you know that is true.” I spoke to him sadly.

He doesn’t know how many times I fought myself from revealing myself to her during the past two years that I watched over her. When I first went to her apartment after my wounds healed I saw her cry herself to sleep in the shadows as she held onto the ring I bought her. It broke my heart watching her fall into depression. She even refused to see B.A.P. When she finally started to get better she took endless missions putting herself in danger. Then drinking her life away.

 I couldn’t bear to watch as I protected her silently in the shadows without her or anyone knowing. I made up my mind there that she will never know I am alive for it will destroy her world again. I looked at Lee Joon staring at him still in his comatose. She needs him. He can’t die. Even though she will never admit it out loud cause she is stubborn I know Alex is in love with him also. I remember seeing the way she looked at him and talked to him during the time she was with him. I let out a sigh as I looked down to the floor I put my head in my hands ignoring Daesung’s curious gaze on me.

I lost her. I can never get her back. All I can do is help her take down that bastard, Jr, in the shadows. Once I know this is all over and she is safe I will leave her in Lee Joon’s protection knowing he will stay by her side. He will never leave her.

Even though it breaks my heart just thinking about it I know this is the only way. I have to let her go. I have to move on just like she did. I can feel my throat clench as I swallowed down tears just at the thought. I love her so much. I have to let her go so she can live a happy life.

 She will never know that I am still alive.