Operation Night

Spy My Heart

Lee Joon's Point of View 

 

“Agent Joon! The Boss wants to see you!” I looked up from filling reports towards the heavenly voice to see Agent Hyuna standing in front of me in her tall glory. Her long brown hair coming down in waves as she smiled at me softly and with interest.

“Understood! I’ll go there now!” I let out with a sigh as I stared to put away the papers of the reports from the last mission I took.

Agent Hyuna nodded politely although she tried to hide her disappointed face. She probably was expecting me to ask her out for drinks. I rolled my eyes as I watched in amusement while she let out a annoyed sigh. She her heels sharply making her long brown wavy hair go to one side of her shoulder. She walked a head back to her division making sure to sway her in the pencil skirt. All the men in the office immediately stopped what they were doing to stare after her. I don’t blame them Agent Hyuna is an attractive woman, but agents show never be in relationships. It is unprofessional in my opinion. 

“Lee Joon! Where are you going?” I heard a voice yell behind me. I got up from my chair with a tired sigh knowing who it was. I slipped on my dark suit jacket with ease as I turned around to the voice.

“I am to report to the Boss’s office.” I answered seriously. I looked at the leader of my division, Rain, standing there with his arms crossed over his chest. I saw as he winked at a passing secretary in a short skirt. I just rolled my eyes at his idiocy. Believe it or not he is actually my older brother.

“Again?” Rain sighed in annoyance. He ran his hand through his short brown hair making his bangs go back for a split second before they went back to its place across his forehead. He knows the boss wants me for another mission.  “Have you even finished the reports?”

“I have only got half way done, but it will be completed by tonight.”

“You won’t have time. Knowing Leeteuk he is going to give you another long mission. Leave the reports on my desk I will get one of the secretaries to finish them. They will do anything for me.” He laughed arrogantly. Just because all the women here basically fawn over him doesn’t mean he could use them like this.

“No! I can take care of it myself.” I waved him off as I walked away from him.

“Hey! Remember to call mom before you go on the new mission he gives you!”

“Yeah!” I yelled out while I continued to walk away. I know I have said a lie to my older brother by telling him I will contact our mother, but why should I? Every time I got see her she brags on how great Rain is. How I should be more like my ‘fun older brother’. I don’t see anything wrong with being serious.

“Watch out!” Mir’s voice echoed in alarm as he ran through the room. He pushed agents out of the way and jumped over things. His face looking panicked. Mir pushed Thunder out of his way making the brunette man spill his hot coffee on the new intern he has been trying to get all week. The red head screamed in shock while Thunder frantically tried to dry her off.  “Hyung!” Mir yelled in relief as his eyes lit up. He quickly jumped over the desk chair to get to me.

“What are you doing?” I let out in shock as he grabbed my shoulders turning so he was behind me. I was facing forward to all the destruction he did here my eyes trained at Seungho’s office. “What did you do now?” I sighed out in defeat knowing he is using me as a shield. Mir is the youngest in our division also the trouble maker. Him and Kyuhyun has taken into account to play pranks on everyone.

“I went too far! He is going to kill me!” He muttered out in horror. He trembled behind me as his grip on my shoulders tightened.

“MIR!” Seungho’s voice echoed in rage as he stalked out his office. His drowsy looking eyes held fire in them as his eyes trained right on us. This should be interesting. “I’m going to kill you!” He hissed out with venom in his voice. His got closer to us almost chest to chest with me.

“What did he do now?” I let out as I pushed Seungho away from my personnel space. Mir let out a nervous laugh as he held onto my shoulders tighter. Everyone’s eyes fell on us as everything became quiet.

“He unscrewed all the screws to my desk chair and super glued all my office supplies to the side of my desk.” Seungho growled.

“Deal with your own mess.” I breathed out to Mir.

I quickly pried his hands from my shoulders as I moved away from him. Mir looked at with panic. He looks like he is going to cry as Seungho wasted no time in grabbing him. Mir should know better than to pull pranks on Seungho. Especially since he is second in command in our division. I watched with amusement as Seungho had Mir by the ear twisting roughly making him yell out in pain.

“What the hell are all you looking at? Back to work!” Seungho barked making everyone jump up then going back to their jobs almost frantic.

“Ouch! Ouch! It hurts!” Mir complained as Seungho pinched his ear harder. Mir’s body leaned away from him, but Seungho only pinched harder as he dragged him towards his office.

“I don’t care! Now you’re going to put my chair back together then run to the supply room and replace all my supplies. If you think that’s enough you’re wrong! You also have a new mountain of reports to do.” Seungho hissed. He pushed Mir into his office slamming the door shut behind them. The blinds are closed, but you can see Seungho still yelling at Mir from their shadows. Everyone stared at a loud smack was heard inside his office followed by a cry of pain. I rolled my eyes at the immaturity again.

I can’t waste any more time now. I turned and continued to walk my way down to the Boss’s office. My face still in a serious expression as I passed by the different divisions the sounds of their busy work echoes in my ears as I walked. We are the CIA of South Korea. We are in charge of many missions some more over the top than others. Not many other agencies from around the world trust us do to the fact that North Korea is near us. They believe South Korea would join North Korea soon. I know for a fact that will never happen.

I passed by the many agents doing their daily work. I would nod at them courtly acknowledging them, but never stopped to talk. I just kept my way towards the Boss’s office even when a lot of the women gave me flirtatious smiles as they attempted to stop me. In no time I reach the front desk. The Boss’s secretary smiled at me with hints of lust in her eyes upon seeing me. I wanted to roll my eyes again, but I just kept it in. As long as I don’t encourage the women the better it would be. All they can do is try to flirt, but that is the furthest they will all go. The few that try to push it end up with their heart broken by my cold demeanor.

I watched as the blonde secretary picked up the phone to inform the Boss I was here. She made her chest come out more as she twirled her hair between her porcelain fingers as she talked. Her brown slanted eyes looking down while her cheeks turned a rosy pink. She thinks doing that will work on me. What ever happened to sophisticated women?

“Agent Joon, the Boss will see you now!” She let out huskily as she pointed towards the conference room. The room where the boss would hold meetings with all the divisions head and sometimes gives out important special missions.

I just simply nodded at her as I walked through the conference door. I walked into the large conference room to see the Boss sitting in his leather chair in the front. His back to me as he looked up at the large HD flat screen. The room is dark with only the screen shining light over the long table and all the desk chairs.

“Joonie!” The Boss exclaimed as he swirled his chair around to face me. He smiled brightly showing his dimples against his fair skin. His dirty blonde hair shined against the light from the flat screen. “Why are you so far away? Come closer!” He waved me over.

 I nodded my head as I crossed the large room towards him. I passed by the empty desk chairs as I made my way closer to him.

“Sir!” I said formally as I stood next to the Boss with my arms behind my back. He looked up at me with a disappointed face. Did I do something wrong?

“Lee Joon! Didn’t I tell you to call me Leeteuk! I feel old when you call me boss! Anyways we’re friends, right?” He whined. I just rolled my eyes at his behavior. Sometimes I wonder how he is boss.

“You wanted to see me?” I asked ignoring his comment completely. I never want to call him by his name at work it is to unprofessional. Just because he is best friends with my brother it has nothing to do with anything.

“Cold hearted and professional as always!”  Leeteuk sighed. I watched as he grabbed a tan folder from the top of the desk. The top of the folder said ‘Operation Night’. Leeteuk then grabbed the remote clicking it to show a picture of a beautiful woman on the screen. She looks like she is around in her early 20s. Leeteuk then handed me the tan folder. I opened the folder to see a clipping of the same picture of the girl in there along with documents about her. “This is Alex Night. She is the top agent of the CIA in the United States. Beautiful right? ... Well we have reason to believe the CIA there are going corrupt. We believe that they plan to infiltrate us. So before they do we must get them first.”

“What does that have to do with her?” I questioned. I flipped through her files reading it. It says that she is of Spanish decent and she has two older siblings, a brother and a sister. I kept reading about her ‘supposed’ normal life. The Boss wasn’t wrong. She is beautiful. She has black as night waist length curly hair. Her dark brown eyes stared out into space as if she was in her own world. The eyes clearly held more sorrow than what she shows. She didn’t look any taller than 5.8’ and her tan skin seems to radiate against the light. From the looks of the picture she is in Paris.

“This is Jr! The Boss of the CIA there!” Leeteuk said ignoring my question as he clicked the remote again. I looked up from the file towards the screen to see a picture of a tan Asian man in a suit appear next to Night’s picture. The man contained an angry sneer as he spoke into his cell phone. He was out in bright day light coming out of a building. “An anonymous source of ours has informed us that Jr pays special attention to Agent Night. More attention than he needs to.”

“Are they lovers?” I asked. I felt disgusted at the thought. It is so disturbing that they do that there. Do they even care about professionalism? Or is she just sleeping her way to the top?

“They would make a good couple, but no. Our source informed us that Agent Night is available.” Leeteuk answered. “Now your mission if you chose to accept!” He said in English with a fake British accent. I just gave him a look making him clear his throat. “Anyways…You are to infiltrate the CIA in America and find out their plans.”

“And the girl?”

“You are to use her to find out information. Get her to trust you well enough with everything. It won’t be easy. Our source tells us she is a tough one to crack, but I think you can handle it.”

“And after I get what I need?”

“We have orders from the higher ups to terminate her.” Leeteuk breathed out. I snapped my head to look at him with shock.

“What threat does she pose other than being the top agent?” I questioned. I don’t know, but it doesn’t feel right. This mission doesn’t feel right.

“That’s it! She is considered lethal. Like shot upon sight lethal. If the CIA there is innocent, which I doubt, the higher ups still want her terminated. She is too dangerous.” Leeteuk then looked away from the screen. His face looked at me amused. “Are you questioning the mission?”

“No…I will accept the mission and carry it out as I normally have done. There will be no problems sir!” I said seriously as I closed the file in my hands softly. I will finish reading it later. Then search for causes to why the woman is a target. Something is definitely not right about this mission.

“Good! Now go home and pack. A messenger will stop by your place to drop off the plane tickets. The rest of the information of the mission is in that folder that I gave you. You know I at explaining things. I just said the general. The information in the folder is more in depth.”  Leeteuk let out as he clicks the remote. The screen went black as the room lights went on brightening the room more. I tucked the file under my arm as I stood up straight facing him. Leeteuk got up from the chair looking at me with a smile. “Daesung will be accompanying you on this mission. He will meet you at the airport tomorrow.”

“I always go on missions alone?” I commented. I couldn’t believe it. Something is seriously going on here.

“Well….We don’t want you to get lonely in America!” Leeteuk exclaimed as he slammed his hand down on my shoulder. He laughed nervously while he refused to look me in the eyes. “Well I got a meeting!”

I just nodded my head and turned to walk away. My face scrunched in confusion. This isn’t right. What Leeteuk just did was proof enough that something is definitely wrong here.

“Lee Joon!” Leeteuk yelled just as I was about to reach the door. I stopped dead in my tracks staring at the dark closed door. “If your cover is blown kill the girl first then get the information. No matter what make sure the girl is dead!”

“Understood.” And with that I just walked out of the conference room. I walked towards the car parking garage to go home. Along the way I kept in my thoughts ignoring everyone and everything around me.

There is something definitely wrong here. That woman. Why do the higher ups want her dead? Why would the American’s even infiltrate us? The way Leeteuk kept emphasizing to kill the Agent Night no matter what at the end of my mission is even stranger. I am going have to look more into the file for more details. What bothers me the most is that Daesung is coming to keep an eye on me? I have always been a solo agent. I am one of the top agents here in the Bureau. Why do I need a babysitter with me on this mission? Either way I have to go to America to follow through this mission. 

So what you think so far? I hope you are liking it. Thanks to all my readers :D