Secrecy

Spy My Heart

Sorry for the long wait everyone!! :( I hope this makes up for it. Please let me know what you think..Thanks for reading :)

Lee Joon’s point of view

“Hyung!” Daesung yelled once he opened the door to our shared one bedroom apartment. I looked up from my paperwork of my assignment to his ridiculous attire.

“What do you have on?” I questioned almost afraid to hear his answer. He had on a white ‘I love D.C.’ shirt with a bag full of what I am guessing souvenirs on his hands.

“Hyung! Did you know that they let you tour the white house? And there was even a souvenir shop with an Obama bobble head look!” Daesung said excitedly closing the door behind him as he took out a bobble head of the American President. I sighed as I rolled my eyes at his childishness. We are here for a mission not to go play tourist with bobble head Obama. “I got you one to!” Daesung set himself down on the couch next to me dark eyes shining with excitement. He put the other bobble head in front of my face.

“Get that out of my face. I’m trying to do work which you should to!” I hissed pushed the ridiculous bobble head out of my face. Daesung pouted while he set he stuff down on the tan carpeted floor.

“You need to get out more! You’re so boring.” Daesung sighed out. I just rolled my eyes at him then went back to work on my papers scattered all over the coffee table in front of me.

“I don’t need to waste my time on useless matters.” I breathed out lifting some paper of Alex Night’s file up to me.

“It’s not a waste of time! If you keep this up you’re going to end up old and alone!”

“I don’t mind. Love is a useless emotion that just ruins lives.” I spoke nonchalantly as if nothing. I ignored Daesung’s gasp in shock to my answer. “I love my job, Agent Daesung. I enjoy doing this despite of how it may seem. I would never change it for the world.”

“But to say love is a useless emotion that ruins lives is a bit too much. You know you can’t control the future and if you find the right girl.” Daesung tried to reason. He moved on the couch so he was facing me with a serious expression.

“That’s why I avoid relationships! There is no woman out there for me or will there ever be.”

“One of these days you will take back those words. And I will tell you told you so!”

“That day will never come! Please save your breath and get to work. I don’t want to talk anymore of this useless conversation.” I breathed feeling annoyed with the blonde man next to me. Instead of taking interest in my personal affairs he should get to work so we may complete this mission with ease.

“Not useless! Watch the right girl will come along and will change your cold lifeless workaholic heart into something full of warmth and life. She will become everything to you. You will risk your life for her. And when she comes you have to treat me to dinner.” I immediately set down the papers looking at him with an amused expression. He watches too many of those dramas. Is he actually serious about this?

“Why would I treat you to dinner?”

“Because I told you it would happen but you don’t believe me .So when it does happen …I like pizza!” Daesung said smugly as he crossed his arms over his muscular chest

“It doesn’t interest me on what you like to eat or whether you will be right or wrong. I just want you to get to work and not mess around. Remember we are here for a mission not to play tourist.” I hissed handing him papers to read over.

“Stingy.” Daesung sighed out frustrated as he snatched the papers from my hands. I rolled my eyes as I carried on reading the papers on the coffee table trying to make sense of this girl. “What have you got so far?”

“She was born and raised in Florida. Both of her parents are of Spanish decent. Youngest of 3.” I said nonchalantly telling him the general information of the girl. “Parents divorced when she was in 1st year of high school from the looks of her school records around that time she started to act getting in fights, but the interesting thing is that she managed to keep 4.0 GPA.”

“So she was a fighter that was a nerd?” Daesung snorted keeping in his laughter at the irony of her story. “What about her current story? I’m sure she doesn’t have on her file that she is an agent.”

“No she doesn’t. Her cover story is that she is a professional photographer for National Geographic. Which explains if she goes on multiple trips for weeks or months at a time. You know what doesn’t make sense to me?” I voiced out staring at the papers of her fake identity. Daesung hummed looking at me with curious eyes. “It says here she was involved in a car accident with her boyfriend in Russia 2 years ago and was in critical conditions.”

“What about her boyfriend?”

“Says he didn’t make it..Strange the autopsy report does not match up.”

“What does it say?” Daesung asked curiously as he leaned over my shoulder to see the paper. I lightly put my hand on his shoulder pushing him away from my personal space.

“It says he died from a large fragment of glass stabbing him in the heart upon impact of the crash when he flew out the window.”

“What’s wrong with that?”

“Usually autopsy reports such as this go more in depth on the matter even including a picture of the body. There is no picture.”

“So it’s a lie it could be that he died from a mission him and the girl were on and they covered it up.”

“I also thought that. That’s why I looked at her Agent information to make sure.” I said lifting up the confidential government paper of our target’s secret life. I studied it over and then showed Daesung the paper. I watched as he read over the papers his eyes widening with shock. Then he put it down on the table and lifted more papers reading them over. “I took the liberty to look more into her boyfriend, Jongup, only to come up with nothing. According the U.S. Government and the rest of the world. Agent Jongup doesn’t exist nor has he ever existed.”

“What? But what about the report about her boyfriend dying it has his name on it.” Daesung exclaimed. I nodded my head and handed him more papers about the accident that was in the file. Daesung took them reading them over. “This doesn’t make any sense. It is like..”

“They attempted to erase Jongup from everything, but only to make a mistake by missing this report.” I thought out loud getting up from the couch to walk towards the kitchen grabbing a beer. I took another beer throwing it to Daesung.

“The U.S. Agency never makes a mistake.” Daesung said getting up catching the beer with ease. He opened the bottle taking a large sip before he opened his laptop.

“I also thought of that. Why would the U.S. erase everything about this man but not this autopsy and the report of the accident?”  

“Unless the agency doesn’t know that it is still out there?”

“What you mean?”

“Look at this!” Daesung pointed out turning the computer screen towards me. I moved swiftly in front of the large screen to see it logged into the C.I.A. Database. I would be lying if I said I wasn’t impressed by how fast he was able to get on with no problem, but it also makes me suspicious. It almost seemed too easy to him. “The C.I.A has no records at all on their database. Look.” He spoke as he turned the computer towards him and started to furiously type away on the keyboard. I walked behind him looking at the screen as what he said became true. It seems that all the files about Jongup have been removed.

“Try looking up the mission of Russia.” I suggested. Daesung made a noise in agreement as he immediately started typing away again.

“Nothing.”

“Then how did we…Could it be that our agency got the information before it was destroyed?” I questioned looking down at the paperwork. Then this must mean that Leeteuk has been suspicious of the U.S. agency for a while now.

“It has to be that. Otherwise how did the Boss get this.” Daesung thought out loud while looking at the papers. I watched as Daesung went on looking at the papers. He doesn’t seem at all fazed by this new information. The fact that our Boss took information from another agency before it was destroyed is not affecting him. “I believe Boss only got what he could before the American’s destroyed the information.”

“What else does it say about the girl?” I let out a sigh sitting back down on the couch with my beer in my hands. I started lifting papers reading them carefully. The information of Agent Jongup held in my brain in the back as a reminder to look into it later when Daesung is not around.

“Wow!” Daesung exclaimed in shock. I the couch looking at him with a confused expression. “Hyung! Listen to this! The Boss wasn’t kidding when he said that this chick was lethal. She is a weapons, hand to hand combat, undercover, knife, language, undercover, and even technology specialist. There is a whole bunch on here. This chick can be her own private army. She almost matches up to you, Hyung.”

“Impossible for a woman to be that good are you positive about this information?” I answered in disbelief. Is this the reason why the higher ups want her dead? If the information is correct wouldn’t the best thing to do is get her on our side not killing her. Although killing her would be a simple solution.

“That sounds ist. Are you saying women can’t be that good? Women are dangerous creatures don’t believe me? You should see my ex-girlfriends. Last one I barely made it away from her alive.” Daesung voice as he shivered at the thought of his girls from his past. I rolled my eyes at him in annoyance. “And this is all true I am getting it straight from her file on the CIA database. Check your papers it should say it there.”

I let out another sigh in frustration as I ran my hand through my hair. Lifting the Agent’s papers to see that Daesung was right this mission will be harder than I thought. As I quickly scrambled through the papers hoping to find more information on her where abouts I can hear the typing away of the keyboard behind me. My eyes widen with excitement as I lifted a specific paper reading the contents of it. The paper contains the address of a specific bar she goes to after her missions to drink.

“Where are you going?” Daesung asked in shock upon seeing me come out of my room fully dressed in appropriate casual yet dressy attire.

“I believe I found a lead to where she might be.” I stated as I grabbed the car keys to the rental car. Daesung quickly got up grabbing his coat to follow me, but I stopped him. “I need you to stay here and gather more information from this woman and the CIA . Try to find out their plans are. Also on the leader of the agency Jr. Be ready to brief me about it tomorrow. From there we will decide what plan of attack to take.”

“That’s not fair! I have to do boring research while you go have fun!”

“I am not going to ‘have fun’ I am only going out to find the woman and get started on this mission. The faster I get this over with the faster we can go back to Seoul.” And with that last note I turned around and went to go out the door.

“Hyung! Be careful! If this information is correct this woman would be a tough one. Get a sound proof room.” He joked winking at me .I scoffed at him annoyed slamming the door closed. The nerve of that man to even suggest that I would do that just to get information from the woman that way.

 If I remember correctly from the report the bar should be close to here. On the short drive there my mind kept going back to the woman’s report and her ‘decreased’ partner’s. What could the American agency be hiding to basically terminate the man from even existing? Then another question floated in my mind. Does the woman agent know about this?  Also if she so dangerous and skilled  what will be my plan of action in extracting information from her then killing her.

Alex’s Point of view

 Let’s see something useful. Something useful. I kept thinking to myself as I stared at my computer screen with a fixated gaze. I bit my bottom lip in concentration while I hummed and occasionally sighed. The typing of my keyboard and the clicks of my mouse echoing out loud in my small office. I’ve been here staring at the same damn screen for an hour now hoping to find something useful, but all I can see is the general information of the South Korean agency. I ran my hand through my long curly hair as I let out a loud sigh. Then I heard a knock on the door. I quickly sat up to see who it was.

“Come in!” I said annoyed preparing myself for what’s to come. The two men entered my office with wide smiles on their faces ready to annoy the crap out of me.

“Alex! Look who I ran into on the way back here!” Onew explained out loud as he pointed to the tall man next to him with his hands behind his back.

“Alex! Why didn’t you tell me you came back? Do you hate me that much?” The tall man’s said huskily. I just simply rolled my eyes at him.

“Jaejoong! Who can hate you when you annoy them to death if they do?” I sighed. “Now what you got for me? You know you can’t come in here unless you have something for me.”  

“Of course!” Jaejoong laughed as he dropped a box of donuts on my desk in front of me. I looked at them then at him with suspicion. “Don’t worry I am not pulling a prank now?”

“Better not! I’m not in the mood to deal with you !” I said opening the box. Oh wonderful world! This man got me chocolate donuts. I looked up at him with teary eyes and nodded my thanks making him laugh loudly. I moaned in delight as I bit into my donut while Onew and Jaejoong made themselves comfortable on my black leather couch on the corner.

“So how long are you staying here before you disappear for another mission?” Jaejoong spoke up breaking the silence.

“Couple weeks maybe months.” I shrugged as if it was nothing.

“What!” Onew and Jaejoong let out in surprise. “You’re actually going to be here for a while.” They let out an excited cheer. they are the worse person’s to tell. They will most likely annoy me to death the whole time.

“Yes! I actually have a mission here! So don’t start or I will make you regret it. Remember boys whatever pranks you do to me I can do 100x worse on you.” I threatened smiling sweetly at them. I chuckled as I saw them shiver in fear.

“So you are going to be here for the Agency’s annual games?” Onew exclaimed in excitement.

“Yeah! But only at the end when we go against the winners! There is no way in hell I am judging!” I sighed taking a huge bite out of a new donut I moaned in delight as the chocolate delicacy melted in my mouth.

“So what are you doing that has you locked in this office?” Jaejoong breathed out as he came behind me looking at my computer screen. I looked up at him annoyed elbowing him away with a grunt.

“Hasn’t your mom ever taught you to mind your own business?” I hissed. Jaejoong just stuck his tongue out at me as he leaned over me to grab the mouse. “I’m claustrophobic ! Get your big muscles away!”

“Why are you looking into the South Korean Agency?” He asked shocked and a hurt expression. He leaned back giving me room. About 4 years ago Jaejoong, Junsu, and Yoochun transferred here from the South Korean agency due to reasons they don’t talk about. They used to be part of one of the best teams, but something happened and they broke up. I know the guys hope and still keep faith that they will reunite with their other team members. Until then they force smiles and pass the time here.  “Alex!”

I stared at his serious expression then looked at Onew’s curious face. Can I trust them with my mission and my own personal mission? Will they understand? Who can I trust if not them? I bit my bottom lip in concentration as I continued to think. Who can I trust with this and to help me? I know I can always trust Kris and Onew, but can I trust Jaejoong with information that is as sensitive as this. My eyes roamed my small yet empty office seeing it was closed and everyone outside is doing their own work.

“Close the windows. This does not leave this office, understand!”  I breathed out. I watched as Onew and Jaejoong immediately closed the windows so no one can see inside the office to see what we are talking about. I proceed to inform them of the information that I know so far about my mission.

“After all these years that bastard still believes the South Korean Agency would side with the North Koreans and be against us!” Jaejoong hissed angrily as he stood up from his seat on the couch next to Onew.  “I admit the agency is not the greatest agency in taking care of their agents, but still.”

“What more do the South Koreans have to do to prove their loyalty to the U.S?”  Onew said also getting worked up. I nodded agreeing with them.

“I don’t know! Then I have Jr telling me that they are behind Jongup’s death. Jr believes that they compromised our mission and got Jongup killed.” I sighed as I ran a hand through my hair. Onew and Jaejoong looked at me in shock then in sympathy.

“That bastard! Bringing Jongup in this just to get you to do the mission when I see him I swear!” Onew yelled as he got up and marched towards the door.

“Onew! Stop!” I yelled just before he put his hand on the handle. Onew immediately let his hand fall back down to his side as he refused to look at me in the eyes.

“You are still recovering from that. I can see that subject kills you every day. You take endless missions to forget about it. Now he does this. Last time we almost lost you from the depression you went through.” Onew breathed out looking down. “If this time you are out for revenge…what will happen to you this time? Kris and I follow you on your missions a lot to keep you from killing yourself....But if go down these waters again. What if we can’t protect you?”

“What can we do to help clear the South Korean Agencies name?” Jaejoong spoke with determined eyes. I smiled softly at him rolling my eyes.

“Thanks for the offer, but I think I can handle this.” I spoke still deciding if I should include them in my plans. It can become dangerous and will most likely cost us our lives.

“No we are helping! You are not doing this alone.” Onew spoke finally turning around to look at me in the eyes. I smiled as I witness the fire burning in his eyes. If this was another situation I would most likely laugh it off and tell him he is too protective of me.

“It can be dangerous! We would be against the Agency!” I challenged. They looked at me seriously as they moved to sit in front of my desk. They said they didn’t care. “If we are found out we would be killed.”

“With you we are always in situations where we are almost killed.”

“This is different Onew! This time we will be going against another agency or worse our own.”

“I told you! You are not doing this alone.”

“I want to clear the South Korean Agencies name. I believe they didn’t do it.” Jaejoong spoke. I looked at them and sighed. They are too determined. There is no way to talk them out of it.

“Fine, but only because I need the help. Jaejoong can you get me tickets to go to Russia under the radar.”  I spoke seriously as I opened the bottom drawer that is locked.

“Yeah no problem. What for?” He asked curiously. He and Onew stared at me curiously as I took out a tan folder with confidential stamped in the front.

“I need to find out if the South Koreans are really behind that day. I won’t do anything until I find out. Until then I will stall with this mission that Jr gave me as much as I can.” I looked down at file in front of me with a sigh. “I just found out about 2 hours before you arrived here that someone has deleted all the information on Jongup. It’s as if he never existed. The mission..everything is gone. That’s why I must do this. At first it was revenge to get back at the bastards that did this to us. Now it’s …..I don’t even know what it is now. All I know that this is the only proof I have about that mission and the only thing I can rely on in finding out what really happened.”

“Do you think..” Onew said almost afraid to ask. He looked around cautiously to see if anyone is listening.

“I don’t know, but we have to be very careful if we are going to do this. No one must know besides selected trusted few which are you two, Kris, Junsu, Yoochan, and I. You will have to inform them about this in private make sure no one knows. Also if you find out additional information give it to Onew and Onew I’m sure you will find a creative way to get it to me in secret.” I said smiling softly at him. The guys nodded seriously showing they understand everything that I just told them. “Now for the tickets.”

“I can get them just let me know the dates you will be going. Although we need to come up with an excuse for your absence.” Jaejoong thought out loud.

“I got it!” Onew announced out loud happily as he snapped his fingers. “There is a mission that Jr assigned to Kris and me in Russia. He told us that if we acquire assistance we can bring someone with us. You can come with us and help us with the mission and then we can pretend we went out drinking when actually we will track down the zmeya gang. It’s simple.”  If only it was that simple.

“Jr will try to convince you to use someone else besides me since I am supposed to be getting close to the Lee Joon guy.” I said.

“Use your alias. Your alias is a photographer for National Geographic just tell the Agent that you have to go on a business trip to take pictures in some country. Jr can’t say anything if you already have an excuse for the guy. When is the mission?” Jaejoong asked looked at Onew.

“In two weeks.” Onew breathed out as he grabbed a donut eating it in front of me. I narrowed my eyes at him as I snatched back the rest of the donut. I held the box and donut protectively to me not wanting to share. The guys just rolled their eyes upon seeing how childish I am.

“It gives us enough time. Alex you can spend that time on your mission focusing on getting close to Agent Joon while I spend time with the guys on finding out about Jongup and the South Korean in secret. Onew, you and Kris can find information about the Russian gang that attacked Alex and Jongup two years ago.”  Onew nodded in agreement taking in Jaejoong’s instructions.

“Wait! So I’m supposed to play some with that guy for information while you guys do all the dangerous work in looking up information.” I almost yelled as I got up shutting off my computer. The guys looked at me and laughed. I know they are keeping the hard dangerous job to themselves for now to protect me. I don’t doubt that they won’t be caught Kris and the JYJ Division are the best when it comes to containing information without being traced. I just hate when they protect me from dangers like this. I don’t know what I will do if they get caught.

“Oh sorry! Do you want us to play the s while you gather information without being caught?” Jaejoong spoke sarcastically holding his hand out for the file. I rolled my eyes at him as I handed him the file hesitantly. It is the only thing I have left of that day. The only proof.

“Protect this please. Don’t let anyone know you have it.” I begged as I let go of the file. Jaejoong looked at me seriously as he nodded putting the file safely and carefully inside his coat pocket.

“Thinking about it! I think we would do a better job in seducing the man for information than Alex!” Onew laughed along with Jaejoong. I growled at him angrily as they got up and made their way towards the door leading out of my office. Out of the only safe place in this building to talk about.

“What are you saying I am not desirable enough to seduce.” I said offended as I took my box of donuts out the office with me. I locked the office once everyone was out and looked at the guys with an annoyed looked.

“No! You are definitely desirable.” Jaejoong laughed.

“Then what is it?”

“You’re to manly.” Onew let out laughing.

We walked away from my office through the division I am leader of. Some Agents saw us and formally greeted us calmly then went back to work. The sounds of them flipping through pages of reports and the typing of the keyboards echoed my ears. The guys continued to laugh and make fun of me as we walked towards the elevator. Then I felt it. Someone was watching us. I turned around to see the annoying woman that picked us up from the airport this morning staring at me with a sinister smile. I narrowed my eyes at her as she looked at me challenging. She knows something and she is taunting me with it. That must have no idea who she is messing with.

“Jaejoong, who is that girl?” I asked not taking my eyes off of her. Jaejoong and Onew stopped laughing and looked ahead at the girl also.

“That’s Eva. She joined 6 months ago. Be careful of her, Alex. I’ve been hearing that she has like a personal vendetta against you.” So she does know me. I smirked at the thought of her thinking she can do something to me. I watched in amusement as Eva’s arrogant smirk drop as she narrowed her eyes at me. She quickly turned around and marched away.

“Onew, tell Kris to get me all the information about this girl and find out why she has to do with me.” I spoke with excitement loving the challenge. Turning around I made for the elevator first the guys followed behind.

“What are you going to do now?” Jaejoong asked curiously once we got out of the elevator on the ground floor. Agents and people passed by us signaling the end of a work day as they headed out the glass doors leading to the outside chilly Washington D.c. air.

“To go get a drink at the bar near my place! Wanna come?”

“No! I am good!” Jaejoong let out rapidly without hesitation. “Onew told me all the stories of when you are drunk I don’t want to go through all that. Especially if I might be at risk of getting my beautiful face hurt.”

“Onew! Who else do you tell these stories to!” I let out in shock as I hit my best friend playfully on the arm. Onew laughed as he shrugged.

“The whole agency! Hey in my defense I feel the need to warn others for their own safety.” Onew let out laughing as he continued to block my hits as we walked outside. The cool breeze hit our skin as we stood outside the building laughing.

“Jaejoong I swear I am not that bad he most likely exaggerated everything!”

“Exaggeration or not I am not risking my wonderful face.” He let out arrogantly as he ran a hand through his short wavy dark red hair. His bangs fell back across his forehead with ease. I swear I could hear the passing women’s heart speed up as they try not to faint.

“Keep being arrogant like that and you will never find a woman.” I scoffed pushing him slightly.

“Why would I need one when I have you?”  I quickly made puking noises making Onew laugh.

“Ew what are you like 20 years older than me! That’s gross! I don’t like old men!” I said grossed out as I stuck my tongue out at him. Jaejoong narrowed his eyes at me as he let out a growl in annoyance. He lunged at me, but I quickly dodged and ran away towards the parking garage.

“I am only 9 years older than you! You brat!” Jaejoong yelled in rage as he went to go chase me, but he was only held back by a laughing Onew.

“You’re still an old man!” I yelled back still running away laughing. I waved at them happily ignoring Jaejoong loud cursing as he threatened to get me.

Once I got closer to my motorcycle I slowed my run into a walk. My breathing getting back to normal as I lifted the cover off my black beauty. I know she missed me as I put in the keys and she roared to life. I quickly got on not taking it anymore. I have been far away from my precious bike for too long. I put on my helmet as I used my feet to back up out of the small parking spot. I felt the wind hit my body as I sped out of the parking garage and into the busy streets. I weaved through traffic ignoring the cursing and yells I get from car owners. My mind kept going back to today’s events.

The worries coming to my head. What if it doesn’t go well? Do I have enough strength to protect them when the time comes? Will I be strong enough when I find out the truth? Am I in over my head? I know I made a decision to follow through this no matter what. Not only for myself but for B.A.P. and Jongup. 

Damn I need a drink!