Chasing Alex

Spy My Heart

Lee Joon point of view

"Jackson! What the hell is going on?" I can hear a woman's voice yell in anger. My head pounded violently forcing me to open my eyes to see a dark ceiling above me.

"I can explain." I heard Daesung's voice say. I sat up with a groan rubbing my head. I tried to remember what happened to me, but it failed. I don't remember anything. Just telling Daesung that we must find Kris and Onew.

"Explain then!" I heard a male's voice hiss. I looked around to see I'm in a hotel room sitting on the couch. Seems to be an expensive room. I heard the door knob jiggle to the side. I snapped my head staring as the door opened and three people walked in. Two men and a woman. One of the men I can recognize him as Daesung.

"I will, but first empty your pockets and any weapons on you." Daesung spoke just when he the lights lighting the room up brightly. I squinted my eyes as my head throbbed more painfully. I let out a groan rubbing my temples. What happened? "Hyung your awake! Sorry about that."

"Jackson?" The woman spoke in confusion as she and the other man emptied their pockets and weapons.

I looked back up at them to see Daesung aiming a gun at them. The woman had long red hair and light colored eyes while the man had dark brown hair as well as dark brown eyes. He was slightly tanned while she was light skinned. I watched curiously as they seemed to have not noticed my presence yet. I feel like I recognize the man, but I don't know where. My head continued to hurt painfully. Daesung looked at me then took something out from his back pocket throwing it towards me. I caught the object in mid air with ease. It was a small bottle of Ibprofen.

"Take two. Sorry about hitting you in the head." I grunted in response while I opened the bottle taking two pills quickly. I felt my headache slowly ease down.

"What the hell is going on?" The brunette man growled just when he finished taking out a knife from his boot. I looked at them amused as they had a pile of weapons in front of them that they discarded. Daesung stared at the pile in shock most likely wondering where they kept all those weapons.

"Onew.. That's Lee Joon." The woman whispered into the man's ear. The man turned around facing me with a shocked expession then looked back at Daesung in shock.

"Don't tell me.." He exclaimed. Daesung nodded at them then motioned for them to sit on the other couch next to mine with his gun. They complied quietly sitting down. Daesung sat next to me still pointing his gun towards them.

"If you haven't gussed already. My name is not Jackson. My name is Daesung and this is Lee Joon we are from the South Korean CIA." Daesung explained. "We are looking for Alex Night."

"We don't know where she is." Onew spoke glaring at Daesung. I looked at them with a calculating gaze as I felt the woman's eyes stare at me. I looked at her almost asking her what she was staring at, but she just continued to stare. She seemed to be searching for an answer on me as she studied me.

"I know that is bull. You know where she is." Daesung exclaimed with annoyance.

"No we don't. Even if we did we wouldn't tell you . You are just gonna kill her." Onew hissed. I looked at him with confusion.

"We are not out to kill her." I spoke out. We aren't! We just want to find her to protect her. More like I want to find her to know she is safe. To finally tell her how I feel about her.

"Right. And I am part of a famous korean boy band." Onew snorted out sarcastically. The woman looked at him rolling her eyes shaking her head.

"It might be hard to believe, but he is telling the truth. We aren't looking for her to kill her." Daesung said trying to reason with them.

"We know you were in D.C. on a mission. You were after Alex." The woman spoke looking directly at me.

"How did you know that?" Daesung asked in shock. Of couse they know. Alex is their best friend she most likely find out and told them. But how did she know? I was very careful to cover everything even the times she spent the night with me.

"You under estimate her." The woman spoke to me. I looked at her with suspecion. She knows something.

I chuckled to myself. I guess I have, but if she knew I was after her why didn't she kill me before I killed her. I would have done that if I were her. Unless could there be a small possible chance she might feel the same for me as I do for her. Impossible! I need to stop thinking about this. I need to focus on finding her.

"Please tell me where she is? I promise you I am not out to kill her. At first I do admit that was my mission, but.....it changed." I spoke looking at both of them in the eyes. The redheads eyes sparkled as she smiled at me.

"you have fallen for her haven't you?" She spoke. Onew quickly looked at her shocked then at me as Daesung just sighed softly. I nodded at her still feeling wierd from the fact of admitting it. The woman sighed softly. "Listen Lee Joon we dont know where she is. That is the truth. I wish I did trust me. we have been crazy worrying about her, but thats how she wants it. She wants to be alone out there. We tried to go with her, but .."

"didn't you shot her when she escaped?" She looked at me with saddness her eyes holding regret.

"Yes I shot her. In the hip to be precise. Before Alex escaped she told me to shot her so it seemed that Onew and I weren't with her. So we can be safe from Jr." Her body shook as she spoke as tears went down her eyes. "I wish I didn't listen to her. I wish I was with her to help her escape and know she is safe. Instead I listened to her and shot her. I feel like I betrayed her. Now she is out there alone wounded...It's killing me that I don't know where she's at. If she's even alive and safe."

"Kris." Onew whispered out softly as he held the red head to him. She cried to his chest as she kept repeating that she should have refused. "We did what we had to do, Kris. You know that. Alex won't be able to handle it if she lost someone else she loves. She is protecting us and we her. Don't worry we will find her and before you know it she will be yelling at us to go drinking with her." I looked at them with a small smile. Alex has amazing friends who truly care for her. I can understand now why she did what she did.

"Please tell me everything you know and I swear to you that I will do everything I can to find her. I will protect her with my life and help her with everything I can. I wont rest until she is safe in my arms." I swore seriously staring at them. Kris pulled away from Onew to stare at me. She looked from me to Onew with an unsure expression. They don't know if they can trust me. I sighed running my hand through my hair. we dont have time for this. The longer we wait the shorter time we have to find her before the Americans or even the gangs. "You have to trust me. I am the only way in finding her and keeping her safe."

"Ok." Onew and Kris both sighed out. They still looked a little unsure, but they know I am the only way.

"How much do you know? I know Jaejoong has talked to you. He told me after he found out about Alex's escape." Onew said. I looked at them with acurious gaze. They don't seemed upset or even annoyed by the matter that I know. Almost as if they knew Jaejoong would tell me.

"He told me all about Jongup and what happened to him and Alex in Russia. He also let me know that your boss, Jr, is going corrupt. But I have known that before he has told me. Your Boss is accepting money from terriorists, mafia leaders, and enemy countries. Jaejoong told me that whatever Alex got in Russia with Jongup is the cause of all this. Do you know what the document is?" I asked as I explained to them what I know.

"No. We don't know anything just that it was a nuclear document. Alex didn't know what it was. She didn't really look at it." Kris sighed as she ran a hand through her red hair. They don't know. "But she will soon."

"What do you mean?" Daesung spoke. I accidently jumped a little forgetting he was in the room with us. I was to focused with any clues in finding Alex.

"Before she left Alex hatched up a plan with a senior veteran in our agency. While Alex is out looking for the Zmeya leader here in Russia Hyori, the veteran agent, will break into Jr's office to get the documents and anything else and send them to Alex. Alex will find thr Zmeya leader kidnap him from his kidnapper then torture him into giving her answers about that day he captured her and Jongup. When Alex gets all the information she can against Jr she plans to go to your agency to convince them to be on her side." Onew breathed out. I simply sat in shock taking in what he has told me. Is she crazy? How could Alex possibly do this alone and with an injury at that. Does she not know how dangerous it is?

"Is she crazy?" Daesung exclaimed basically speaking my thoughts. He stared at Onew and Kris with a look of disbelief. They only sighed as they looked down sadly.

"insane to be exact. She refused our help and let Jr pin her and only her as a traitor to the agency." Kris spoke sadly. "I don't know where you can find her. You have to trust me. I am sorry we are not much help."

"No. You helped plenty. You told us her plan and what she might do next. That's more than enough for us. I will contact my agency to see if she has made any contact with them. Until then we will scour the city top and bottom until we find her. We won't rest. Please if you come across any information let us know." I spoke as I stood up. Taking it as our signal to leave Daesung stood up also. Kris and Onee looked up at me with trust as they modded their heads.

"We will get your number from Jaejoong." Onew said as he and Kris stood up. He extended his hand holding mine in a firm grip. His dark eyes holding a dangerous glint. "Don't make us regret this."

"You won't. "

"Then please find her and keep her safe. We will leave this in your hands now. We will do what we can from here." I nodded at him agreeing then let go of his hand. I turned to Kris to see her looking at me with glazed eyes. She is fight back tears.

"When you find her tell her that I'm so sorry for everything." She breathed out in a shakey voice. "Tell her to come back safe and that I'm going to kill her for putting me through this." She chuckled to her self. Her eyes lifted immediately looking straight at mine with determination. "You better find her out there, Lee Joon and take care of her. Don't let yourself get to emotional in finding her for it will cloud your abilities. I may not trust you completely. I still have my doubts, but seeing you now risking your life to come see us. Begging us to trust you and tell you where she is. I can see how much you love her. I can trust your love for her. I hope that's enough."

"Trust me. That's enough. You should have seen him before we came here." Daesung chuckled. I turned to him with a suspicious glare.

"Speaking of which. Daesung, do you mind telling me how I specifically got here?"I hissed narrowing my eyes at him.

"What you mean?"

"You know what I mean! Last I remember is talking to you at where we are residing then I awaken on this couch in this room!"

"Who says 'residing' or even 'awaken' anymore."

"Daesung!" I yelled not wanting to hear him. He is changing the subject on purpose. Daesung let out a groan as he ruffled his blonde hair.

"I kinda pistol whipped you on the side of the head to knock you out.Then I put your body in a huge duffle bag. Which im surprised you fit, Hyung. You should think about joining a circus." He pointed out. I growled at him my hands ready to beat him. He quickly put his hands up in surrender. "Don't hit me. Let me finish....Well after that I carried you over here. You're very heavy by the way and I may have dropped you a couple of times."

"You stuffed me in a bag and dropped me?!" I exclaimed. I scowled at him making him back a few steps away from me. Onew and Kris just stood to the side staring at us in amusement. "We could have just snuck in Daesung. Or even you could have pretended to capture me and take me to be interrogated to which on the way we change course meeting in this room. A lot of different plans could have been inniciated but what do you do? You hit me unconscious stuff me in a bag and proceeded to drop me on the way."

"Hyung! You make me sound horrible." He whined. I rolled my eyes at him letting out a sigh.

"We will discuss this later. Now we must leave before someone gets suspecious." Daesung nodded in a agreement then ran to a room. He came back out with a large duffle bag holding it towards me. "We are not doing that!" I yelled angrily. Daesung flinched then dropped the bag mumbling to himself.

"You can take the emergency stairs and sneak out the back. Onew and I will draw their attention away to give you enough time to leave." Kris chuckled to herself then explained. Onew looked at us with a serious expression and nodded. I look at them unsure.

"We are not gonna set up a trap against you if that's what you're thinking. Listen if we have to trust you then you have to trust us. It works two ways!" Onew hissed glaring at me. I let out a heavy sigh nodding at him. He's right. "All right then. Kris and I will leave first wait five minutes then go the way Kris told you. Once you reach down the stairs Daesung should know the rest of the way."

"We understand. thank you both for all the help you have given us." I breath out shaking their hands again.

"We are sorry we don't have much. we hope it's enough for you to find her. I hope we meet again in different circumstances." I nodded and with that they were out the room leaving Daesung and i alone.

"You think we can trust them?" Deasung asked. I stared at the door with a concentrated look.

"We have to." I breathed out softly speaking to myself more than him. We have to trust them for we have a common goal. Which is to find Alex and to keep her safe. We have to find her even if it kills us.

"Hyung. Its been five minutes. you ready." I looked at Daesung with a small smile and nodded.

Finally after four weeks we have a lead. A small lead but it was enough. it told us her plan.

Daesung and I quickly walked out the door silently without looking back. Turning a left we went down the empty halls towards the emergency staircase. Daesung slammed the door open walking in first gun in hand to make sure it was clear. I took out my gun holding it tightly on my hand as I looked from were we have come from to make sure no one followed us.

"Onew and Kris must have cleared the building. it's clear." Daesung said as I walked in closing the door behind me. I walked to a set of stair case leading up pointing my gun up looking around to see if anyone was there, but It was empty.

"Let's go we need to hurry out. Stay alert!" I ordered.

Daesung nodded making his way down the stairs first. he covered the front while I covered us from behind. We went down four flights of stairs without problems and without breaking a sweat. Once we reach the bottom we stood on either side of the door leading out with our guns ready. I looked at Daesung nodding at him giving the go ahead. He opened the door quickly going out gun first and I followed coming out before the door could close back. Again he covered front while I cover from behind. we walked with haste towards another large building to the side scaling the wall as we scanned around us.

"What the hell did they do? It was full of agents and guards when I came." Daesung muttered out in confusion. I couldn't help, but wonder the same thing. It was to quiet not a person outside. It has just been five minutes that we gave them.

"Keep moving." I demanded. I don't have a good feeling about this. whatever Onew and Kris did to get them all out won't last long. They are all bound to be back and soon.

Once we reached out of the American perimeter I almost let out a sigh of relief. Almost. I know we are not completely safe until we are back at the safe house. Daesung and I kept walking completely on alert, but our weapons put away. There are civilians walking around and we don't want to startle them. We don't need attention to ourselves. We walked along the side walk next to the busy street. Many Russians past by us giving us strange looks. Most likely wondering what two Asian men are doing in the most Russian part of the country. We were far from any tourist area just walking casually in the streets.

"Is the apartment near here?" I asked Daesung. He looked at me with a confused expression then ahhed out loud. He nodded his head tilting his head to the right.

"Over that way. I would say a mile more of a walk, why? You know that the American agents are most likely still around that area, Hyung!" Daesung exclaimed softly not trusting the people around us. I tilted my head to the side heading towards the direction Daesung said led to the aparment building that Alex's blood was found. I have to see it for myself. I have to start from there maybe I can see something the American's missed. Daesung let out a surprise yell as he chased after me catching up to me. "Hyung! We just escaped out of the American area safely and you want to go to the apartment they are focused on? That's suicide."

"Daesung, have you forgotten I am the top agent in our Bureau. Going through a few Agents would be nothing." I chuckled to myself. I would be nothing to me especially when the Americans agents are trained horribly like they are now. I remember I would always hear Alex mumble to herself about that when she comes back from beating the ones that followed her. I smiled to myself. I miss her. "Besides I need to go there."

"Hyung! Think this through. Don't be reckless. Hell I am the one who is supposed to be reakless not you. Your supposed to be the serious uptight professional pain in the ." I immediately stopped walking glaring at him. Daesung's eyes widen realizing he has said that out loud. "Uhmm I mean.."

"I know what you meant. You meant that I take my job to seriously that I am boring."

"That's not what I meant..I meant.."

"Save it. The one time I let go of most of my personality and decide to chase after something I want without thinking or even planning. I get critized. What should I do then, Daesung? I honestly don't believe I am being extremely reckless. Reckless would be taking out my gun in front of all these people shooting around like a madman demanding for Alex." I breathed out annoyed with him. Daesung let out a frustrated sigh knowing I am saying the truth. "Why don't you try having someone you care about completely disappear? You can't find her. You don't even know if she is even is alive."

"I told you she-"

"Don't inturrupt me. " I hissed cutting him off. I need to get this off my chest. I need him to see why I am like this. I am tired of feeling like I am being scolded for every little thing I do. We don't have time to agrue about every little thing I do unplanned. We need to find Alex before it is to late. "Considering the circumstances of the situation I believe I am holding together quiet well. Now instead of arguing over the smallest dumbest we should be looking for Alex. We have to hurry before the damn Americans or even the gangs find her if they haven't found her already." I finished breathing heavily as I rushed the rest out in one breath. Daesung could only stare with his mouth agape like an animal. I let out a frustrated yell as I turned around to continue my walking ignoring the Russians staring at us in confusion.

"Hyung! Did you just curse?" Daesung exclaimed in shock once he caught up to me. We crossed a busy street. Daesung let out a laugh as he walked next to me staring at me with shock. " I can't believe you cursed. I don't think I ever heard you curse. What else can you do?"

"Daesung! This is serious out of everything I yelled at you you just got the two curse words I slipped out."

"No, but that is what shocked me the most."

"You are impossible." I breathed out continuing to walk. Once we got to the other side of the street he finally quieted down. "Now you stay quiet. Finally." I breathed out passing the people next to me. I rolled my eyes as I continued to walk thinking he was behind me.

"Uhh Hyung!" I heard his voice say in confusion.

"What?" I answered without looking back. I stopped looking to the side to only see him no longer next to me. I turned around in confusion not seeing him anywhere near me. Where is he at? I was about to yell his name out loud, but I stopped myself when I saw him simply standing at the corner facing forward with a  look of shock. I walked up to him with an annoyed look. Why is he just standing there? We have no time to just stand around. "What are you doing? Why are you just standing there? We have other matters to attend to, Daesung." I growled once I reached him. I feel like I am with a child.

"Hyung!"

"What? I told you we have to go to.."

"Hyung!" He said in panic grabbing forcing me to look across the street. I was about to rip myself out of his grip to scold him, but I stopped myself. My eyes widen in shock now noticing what he was staring at in shock. No this can't be real. This has to be like all the other times. It has to be fake.

"D-do you see her also?" I breathed out in shock still staring. The people walked around us completely unaware to our situation. Daesung nodded as he continued to stare. "So she is real." He nodded again.

Across the street looking down at a newspaper waiting for the light to be red to cross the street stood none other than the woman I have been searching four weeks for. Her hair was cut short to her shoulders in layers no longer curly, but straight. No longer the color as the night sky, but a deep red. She had on a light coat and jeans. A scarf around her neck. The cars zoomed past me as if telling me I can't run to her like I want to. But that didn't stop me from stepping forward.

"Alex!" I breathed out in shock. I continued to walk across completely ignoring the sounds of the cars forcefully breaking next to me to not hit me. The sounds of the horns echoed in my ears as well as their Russian cursing. People stood staring at me with shock wondering what I was doing.

"Hyung!" I heard Daesung yell.

I watch in almost slow motion as Alex lifted her head looking right at me. My heart beat sped up upon confirming it was her by her face. Her eyes widen in pure shock and fear as she mumbled my name to herself. Then just like that she took off. She pushed people out of the way as she dropped her newspaper bursting into a run. No I am not losing her. I ran after her not wanting to lose her. It is really her. I would be crazy to let her slip away. She was fine.

"Alex!" I yell towards her hoping she would stop running from me. I picked up my pace as I pushed people out of my way. I yelled move in Russian at them as I never took my eyes off of Alex's running figure. Why is she running away from me?

"Hyung!" Daesung yelled behind chasing after me. But I didn't slow down for him to catch up. I can't. I can't lose, Alex. She most likely thinks I am here to kill her to finish my job.

"Alex!" I yelled her name again.

She turned her head slightly in shock to see me still chasing her. I heard her curse out loud upon noticing me coming closer to her. I yelled for her to stop, but she didn't instead she made a sharp turn to the left running through the busy street. Cars honked at her angrily as they braked forcefully. She climbed over the hoods of the cars insead of weaving around them. I followed right behind her doing the same. She then turned into an alleyway slowing her pace thinking she lost me. She turned her head to make sure. Her dark eyes widen in shock just as I went to grab her, but she quickly side stepped me running back out the alley making me grab her scarf instead.

The scarf came undone from around her neck quickly. Alex stopped in shock as she stared at me a few feet staring. We both breathed heavily staring at the scarf now in my hand. I looked up at her noticing her exposed neck. I let out a gasp upon seeing a large branding scar shaped like an Z on her neck. Upon hearing my gasp her eyes snapped up staring at me in the face with shocked eyes. Her hand came up covering the Z. What the hell happened to her? I walked forwards to go to her, but she back away glaring at me with warning to not come closer.

"Damn it!" She cursed out loud turning around running out the alley towards the crowds.

I started to run after her again determined not to lose her. Especially after I saw that. The Z could stand for the zmeya gang they most likely caught her and tortured her. Knowing Alex she escaped from them. I need to catch her to protect her. She is not safe.

Just before I can leave the empty alley to go after her a shot echoed close by following by a sharp intense pain on my upper thigh. I fell to the floor in shock and in pain. I turned around to see where the shot was from to only see a tall dark figure jump down from an emergency staircase on the side of the building. His gun still pointed at me. Where did he come from? Who is he? Could it be a gang member who is also after Alex?

My hand came down to my thigh putting pressure to stop the bleeding. I looked at it quickly then back at the figure coming closer to me. Judging from where the hole is he hit close to my bone making it hard for me to get up now, but not to stop me from walking. It will just be torturous. The bullet is still in my leg. I groaned sitting up ignoring the pain. I felt sweat go down my forehead as I continued to breathe harder. With my free hand I reached behind me pulling out my gun from my waistband. Pointing towards the figure I pulled the trigger firing at him.

He dodged my bullets effortlessly as he shot back at me. I quickly without thinking rolled to the side towards the wall ignoring the pain. I gritted my teeth holding my screams of anguish as I pressed my back against the wall using my good leg to pull myself up. Once up I used my good leg to hold my body weight. The man stopped shooting seeing that I stopped also. Tears threatened to come out as I felt my leg throb painfully it felt completely numb only vibrating in torture. The man stopped right in front of me pointing the gun towards my head. I looked at him with an annoyed look. Why is he just standing there? If he wants information he might as well just shot me now. I won't tell him anything. The only reason he's even go the upper hand is because I was caught off guard. My hand tightened on my gun lifting it towards him also. I won't go down without a fight.

I breathed heavily studing him noticing a hood over his head making it impossible for me to see his face. The corner of my lips tilted up in smirk despite my state. I almost wanted to laugh. I don't even know why. It has to be the rush of adrenaline surging through me know. Where the hell is Daesung?

"Why are you chasing Alex?" The man growled in rage in a deep voice. I let out a dangerous chuckle.

"I could ask you the same thing." I growled still pointing my gun at him. "Who are you!" I demanded.

"I wouldn't be doing that. I have the upper hand now or did you forget I shot you in the leg!" He hissed.

"I did not forget. The agonizing pain shotting up is reminding me, but my adrenaline is so high right now I don't really mind. Now who are you?" I demanded again getting ready to shot. The man shook his head letting out a laugh. 

"Why should I answer you when you haven't even told me why are you chasing Alex?"

"Like I would tell you. Now who are you!" I yelled feeling annoyed. The man let out a growled as he cocked his gun.

"Answer my damn question!" He yelled already fed up by our charade. "I've been protecting her for years. Now who the hell are you!"

"Protecting her for years? That has to be the most ridiculous thing I have heard. I don't believe you!" I yelled back furiously. Who is this man? Why does he cover his face? He can't be a part of the Zmeya gang for he hasn't killed me yet. He seems to actually care as to why I am chasing Alex. "I came here in order to find her and keep her safe."

"I am already doing that. You can leave and never come back. Don't go looking for her either." I scoffed at him rolling my eyes. The man let out a frustrated sigh.

"How can I trust that you are actually protecting her instead of going after her to kill her. You haven't even shown me your face." I pushed on. I glared at him letting arm fall with my gun just when he lowered his gun. Show me your face. Who are you? Who gives you a right to declare that I should go home? Alex is probably long gone now and it is all his fault.

"How can I trust you are here to protect her instead of chasing her to kill her." He retorted. I scowled at him furiously.

"Because if I came here to kill her I would have shot her when I chased her instead of grabbing her scarf." I motioned towards the abandoned scarf on the floor with my head. Why am I explaining myself to him? I should shot him while he is distracted, but I can't. I can feel all my energy concentrating on staying up and talking to him. Damn him!

"That doesn't mean anything. You could have just wanted to capture her so you can torture her later!"

"You have to be more infuriating than Daesung. Shot me if you must, but know you won't get away with this. I will come back to protect her and kill you even if I am a ghost." I swore seriously glaring at him.

He stayed silent tilting his head to the side taking in what I said.I was completely serious. I won't give up on Alex. Even if I am gone from this world I would still use all my strength to protect her. Daesung is right I am completely 'head over heels' for Alex. I would do anything for her.

The man let out a sigh throwing the gun to the side then lifting his hand up towards his hood. I stared as he pushed back his head showing me his face. He had short brown hair his skin had a slight tan to it. The right side of his face held a scar over his right eye. His brown eyes stared at me with suspecion. He is Korean I can tell from the way his eyes slant. I narrowed my eyes at him realizing he looked familar. No wonder.

"Why am I not surprised?" I breathed out not liking that I was right before. "Tell me Jongup! How did you survive two years ago and remain completely off the radar?"