Meeting

Spy My Heart

Lee Joon’s point of view

Smoky girl Smoky girl Smoky girl Smoky girl Girl Smoky girl Smoky girl Smoky girl

                I groaned internally as the same provocative song is playing again in the dimly lit bar. How Americans listen to this monstrosity is beyond me. I sipped my bottle of beer as I scanned the slightly crowed bar. I studied men drinking more than they should ever attempt acting recklessly while women who wore disgraceful outfits basically flinging themselves at the men. Their ancestors are most likely rolling in their graves at the disgrace of this generation. I sighed yet again in annoyance as a group of women stared at me with lust. This has been happening to me in all the 3 hours I have been in this bar. Women stared in wanting some even approached me, but I just politely rejected them showing I wasn’t interested. I continued to sit down on this smooth leather couch in the middle of the fancy bar drinking my beer as I wait for my target. I am only here for one reason and that was for the mission.

                “Hey there!” I looked up to see an attractive red head in a short black revealing dress looking at seductively. I smiled politely at her as I nodded acknowledging her presence. “My name is Cassie. Are you from around here?”

                “No I am not.” I answered simply as I took another sip from my beer. The fact that she didn’t care for my name just shows me that she would only want me for one reason. Whatever happened to meeting your potential partner to go on dates without intimacy? I soon felt the couch dip down beside me as the young woman sat down. I felt her hand slowly land on my arm softly almost as if to feel my muscles underneath. She pressed up her chest to try to entice me as she moved closer to me. Do these women have no self respect for themselves? I find it utterly disgusting at the means women use to obtain a partner just to satisfy themselves.

                “Wow. So where are you from?” She asked. Her voice going husky as she moved her hand slowly to my chest.

                “South Korea.” I answered the young woman as I removed her hand away from me. She pouted slightly then looked at me with determination getting closer. Her chest pressing against the side of my body as she leaned towards me.

                “Wow. So what brings you to D.C?” She flirted. I believe she is not going to give up.

                “Business.” I simply answered in a tone that showed I don’t want to say more. She does not understand my disinterest in her. I sighed as I rolled my eyes in annoyance.  

                “Ummm…How about I show you around tonight? I can show you a-“

                “Cassie!” I heard a woman hiss in hatred. I as well as the red head looked up to see my target standing in front of us with her tan hands on her curvy hips.  I looked briefly in shock, but then quickly composed my face in to one of amusement as I continued to take a sip from my drink. I watched my target studying her curiously. Her photo does not do her justice for she is more beautiful in person. The air around her seemed to scream danger as her dark eyes stared at the red head next to me in hatred. “Haven’t I told you before to never show your ty face here again?”

                “You’re interrupting me.” The red head hissed as she rolled her eyes at my target. Then she turned to me laying her hand back on my chest making me roll my eyes. She has a really pissed off brunette practically wanting to kill her right in front of her and she wants to continue to attempt to flirt with me. “How about we get out of here?” She whispered to me.

                “Cassie! Get your up and leave by yourself. The guy looks so disgusted with you anyways. I don’t think he wants to go anywhere with your contaminated self.”  I let out a snort in agreement as I went to drink more from my beer. This target seems extremely headstrong and arrogant. This might be entertaining. “I told you weren’t welcomed in this bar anymore!”

                “Like you can tell me what to do. Alex! You need to get over what happened. It’s just human nature. Girl’s got needs and he wasn’t satisfying them for me.” The red head snort. She talked arrogantly as finally moved away from me. She sat back on the couch looking up at my target while twirling her hair between her fingers. Alex seemed to let out an enraged growl as she grabbed the red head by the arm forcing her up on her feet. “Let go of me.” The red head hissed furiously as she stared into the target’s eyes.

                I took this opportunity to observe around the room to see the other personnel in the bar go about on their own as if it was a daily routine. No one seemed to look this way. I continued to look through the bar making sure my target came alone. I watched as people were being socialistic animals, but no one seemed to be with the target.  She came here alone.

                “You!” I turned back to the target to see her look at me annoyed. Her dark almost jet black eyes stared at me with amusement.  I looked behind her to see the red head woman stomping away angrily as she yelled profanity to no one in particular. “If you didn’t like her or want her near you you should have said something, !”

                “I was trying to be polite.” I answered back looking back at my target with a small smile. She rolled her eyes at me as she let herself land on the couch with a loud sigh. The couch seemed to make a loud thud then gave her comfort. 

                “Polite my . If you keep on being polite to these women they will hunt you down like vultures with no mercy as they eat you alive taking your heart eating it in front of your very eyes.” She said out loud seriously as she looked at me in eyes. I looked at her in shock for a moment then let out a small laugh. She was so serious about her scenario, but surprisingly correct about it. “I’m Alex.”  She said as she stuck her hand out to me smiling sweetly. I stared at her with disbelief. How can she possibly be so dangerous? Smiling now she seems like a kind girl.

                “Lee joon.” I said shaking her hand smiling softly at her. I can’t get too caught up in this. I still have to kill her. Focus on the mission on hand. Seduce her for information than kill her. “So would you be one of these vultures who has no mercy and eat me alive?”

                “Oh God no!” She laughed loudly as she grabbed the beer she ordered from the server. “Honestly do I look like a ?”

                I looked at her completely taking in her attire. She doesn’t. She was dressed in jeans and a tank top with sneakers. She is the complete opposite from a and she knows she is. She had wild dark as night curly hair. It seems to make her look stronger. Alex seems quite laid back as she drank her beer still laughing. Why do the high ups want her dead? It doesn’t matter this is my target. This is a mission.

                “No. You don’t. I see I am quite safe then.”  I answered letting out a satisfied sigh. Alex smiled at me as she lifted her beer bottle towards me. Realizing to what she wanted to do I clinked my glass against hers.

                “Damn right!” Alex snorted. “So you new in town have you been anywhere around here.” I turned to look at her in false shock. If she is truly as dangerous as her reports say then there is no doubt that she was observing me this whole time. She most likely has heard the entire conversation between I and the red head woman. “Sorry I kind of overheard your conversation with Cassie when I came here to kick her out.”

                “It is alright. To answer your question it is a no. I just got in today not too long ago and decided to stop by here for a drink. My apartment isn’t too far from here.” I easily lied as I studied her reaction. She seemed to take it in as she took a swing from her beer. I resisted the urge to twist my face in disgust. How unladylike.

                “How long are you here for?”

                “I actually just moved here.” Alex stared at me with pure shock. I just smiled at her. She seems to amuse me without even meaning to.

                “I thought you were here on business?” Upon her reply I just cocked my head to the side smiling arrogantly as drank from my beer yet again. I watched in utter amusement as the gears in her head seem to start up. Her face went from one of confusion to one of shock. “You lied?”

                “I honestly believed in my mind that if I have said that then she would leave me alone.” I shrugged.

                “Stupid! That just lures them more to you! If you want the women away just tell them you are broke out of your and that you have to pay child support for five kids. Then BAM! They will disappear from even your line of vision. But with your looks they still might try you for one night.” She laughed as she started on another bottle of beer. I chuckled along with her finding her scenarios amusing. She seems to go on in lengths of description spluttering the strangest stories out of . Alex Night is a very interesting character.

                “Anymore advice on how I can keep these vultures away?” I asked as I leaned towards her. I smiled at her making her stare at me in shock at first. She seemed to show a flash of disgust in her eyes then quickly masked it with her smile. I stared at her calculating what she might do next. I can’t seem to get a complete read on her. The booming bar music echoed in the background as the visitors passed by us. They seemed unaware at us on the couch too close for comfort just calculating the others next move Then Alex is the first to take action by lifting her tan hand up to land delicately on my arm in a flirting manner.

                “How about keeping me next to you?” She seemed to force herself to say as she stared at me in the eyes. I just simply stared into her eyes in shock. Alex Night is an interesting target indeed. I smiled at her despite my inner confusion at her actions. I have a feeling I am going to enjoy this mission.

                “Do you believe you will keep them away?” I challenged. Alex let out as sigh as her large dark orbs looked away. I watched as she bit her bottom lip in concentration then turned back to me. Her gaze held determination and pride.

                “Stick around with me and you’ll see.” She let out a seductive chuckle.

                Alex didn’t give me time to answer back to her for she stood up abruptly grabbing my hand in hers. We seemed to leave the bar in a hurry. Her hand still in mine as we stood outside in the chilly night air. The music and the talking of the crowded bar faded behind us as we walked down the busy streets towards no heading in particular. We just walked still hand in hand in comfortable silence occasionally talking to get to know each other. But I kept noticing that as we walked down the street she would occasionally scan the area with a serious expression.  At first I didn’t understand why she would be like this, but then I felt it. Someone was following us. Without realizing it I pulled Alex closer to me shocking her completely as we walked to the closet convenience store. The way I held her close to me. I was protecting her.

Alex’s point of view

                That bastard had the f-ing nerve to follow me. I swear if it wasn’t for the target being next to me right now I would have caused a scene to beat him up. I turned to look at Lee Joon who still kept his arm around my waist protectively as he held me close to him. Damn he can sense that idiot following us. God what kind of agent follows someone this horribly. I need to make an excuse to get away from Lee Joon to go get this bastard off our backs. Ugh and I felt I was doing so well in this flirting mumbo jumbo. I felt like a freaking e the whole time I prefer action missions. Not this. But a mission is a mission and whether I like it or not I will give my all in it. It’s a good thing that Cassie was there bothering him so I actually went up to her first to make sure she leaves the bar. It started an interesting conversation between Joon and me.

                Now we were walking through the convenience store looking through each aisle as if nothing happened. I know he has sensed the following us. Lee Joon led me through the aisles softly distracting me as he offered to buy me something to each. Taking up on his offer I grabbed a bag of cheetos and a large icee. I watched in silence as Lee Joon took the items from my hand with a smile as he grabbed his own snacks. He proceeded to check out.

                “I’m gonna use the bathroom really fast.” I said to him smiling softly. Lee Joon turned to me from his position in the line to the cashier. His dark eyes stared at me with curiosity.

                “Okay! I’ll wait outside when I am done.” He nodded seriously at me then turned back to face the front. I smiled again as I turned towards the bathroom. I can feel his eyes on me as I entered.

                I need to get out of here without him noticing so I can give that agent a piece of my freaking mind. I stared around inside the woman’s bathroom in disgust. It smelled like and it was nasty. I scrunched my nose in disgust. This is gross you would think they would keep the bathrooms clean for the customers. I quickly made my way back to the bathroom door opening it slightly peeking in the store with caution. My eyes land on Lee Joon still in line to check out. He seemed slightly distracted by the woman in front of him that seemed to be flirting with him. Using this opportunity I quietly made my way out the bathroom going along the back with caution so he won’t notice me. Thank God that man is hot that women would do anything for his attention. 

                Once I reached outside without any problems I noticed the agent following me still looking in the store for me. He stood in the street corner trying to look as inconspicuous as possible. I rolled my eyes with annoyance as I stomped my way towards him. If Jr wants to send someone to follow the least he could do is send someone who is well trained.

                “Where’d she go?” He muttered out in a British accent. He leaned forward towards the store making him more noticeable.

                “Behind you, !” I hissed as I grabbed him slamming him against the wall of the building next to us.

                “Agent Night!” He breathed out in fear. His green eyes stared at me in shock as I pressed my arm on his neck chocking him slightly. He lifted his hands to my arm to try to remove it, but I just kept it on tighter.

                “Busted! Now if you know what’s good for you, you will stop following me!”

                “B-but  I’m under orders.” He stuttered out. I smiled wickedly at him as I lifted a knife from my boot pressing it against his cheek.  His eyes widen in fear as his body started to shake. Are you kidding me? What kind of agent is he?

                “How long have you been in the Bureau?” I demanded staring at him in the eyes. He looks like a rookie only a month or two in. Most likely never been in the field so his first mission was to follow me. When I get my hands on Jr?

                “A-about two months.” I knew it.

                “Bastard sent a rookie to follow me.” I muttered out furiously to myself. I looked back at the boy running the knife softly down to his chin making sure not to cut him. I just need to scare him. “You know who I am right?” The British rookie quickly nodded his head in fear as he stared at me. “So you know what I am capable of. Now I suggest you run off back to the Boss and tell him I said he could do better. Then get more training. Understood!”

                “Y-yes M-Ma’am!” He exclaimed out. I smiled at him softly as I put the knife back in my boot then let go of my hold on him. The rookie quickly took off running with fear towards the direction of the Bureau.

                I probably hurt his pride really bad right now, but that rookie needs to learn. You can’t be noticeable when following a target. You can’t lose a target. Worst of all you can’t show your target fear for they will take advantage of it. God what are they teaching these rookies? I turned back towards the convenience store to see my target about to finish checking out our things. . I quickly sped walked towards the back of the store undetected using the back entrance to go in the store. Once in the store I made it look like I just came from the bathroom as I made my way towards Lee Joon.

                “Thank you.” I said to him once we exited the store. Joon and I walked alongside each other back to the bar while eating our snacks. The soft breeze hitting our bodies softly as the full moon lit the sky. The cars zoomed pass us ready to go home. We just walked in peace eating out snacks.

                “Your welcome.” He replied as he opened his bag of chips eating it. I studied him out of the corner of my eyes with curiosity.  His strong features showed he was well built. His dark eyes focused around us studying the area inconspicuously. Dressed in casual yet dressy cloths with short dark brown hair and bands going across his forehead there is no doubt he was extremely good looking. Model like even. But even considering that he is not my type. He seems to serious as his words come out like a professional.

                “So…Where in South Korea are you from?” I asked breaking the silence between us. I drank from my Icee happily as I threw my now empty bag of chips in a nearby street trashcan.

                “Seoul.” He answered simply as he continued to eat his chips. I narrowed my eyes at him. If he is gonna give me one word answers all night I swear.

                “Oh..I heard it’s pretty there. I would like to go. Although I really like the music the most.” I let out with a sigh. Lee Joon turned his head to me staring at me with amusement.

                “You listen to K-pop?” He said. I narrowed my eyes at him in annoyance why does he look like he wants to laugh his off at me.

                “Yes! Got a problem with that.” I growled feeling almost protective at the fact that I listen to Korean music. It is not that strange that a Spanish woman listens to Korean. I am fluent in the language.

                “No not at all. I just find it strange. I haven’t met many foreigners that listen to it. I am happy. South Korea is a beautiful country and deserves good attention. The people there are friendly and humble. Despite the fact that not many foreign nations trust us due to North Korea we are still humble.”  I stared Lee Joon in shock. His eyes seemed to hold so much pride and love for his country. I couldn’t help, but smile at him. I wish I didn’t have this mission besides being uptight he seems like a good guy who just wants to clear his country’s name. I felt fire burn inside me as I became more determined to help them and find out the truth.

                “Hmmm…That’s good. In life there will always be distrust, but it is up to the people to prove themselves. Remember not all foreigners are the same. Some will stick up for South Korea when others won’t. Just remember your people are not alone.” I let out softly as I looked down. Lee Joon looked at me with shock and happiness. I turned to look at him to stare in shock as a smile spread across his face. He really loves his country if those words moved him.

                Lee Joon and I continued to walk to our vehicles talking occasionally. I shared with him my fake story about how I was a photographer for National Geographic. I even told him stories or everywhere I went to take pictures. While I shared this information I couldn’t help, but feel guilty for lying to him. I felt guilty for what I was doing and what I have to do in the future. While we talked I learned that he has an older brother named Rain who lives in South Korea. I laughed as he told me stories of how his brother was always the fun playboy type while he just studied. Lee Joon told me that he hopes to be a teacher for colleges. He told me how he left South Korea to D.C. to start a new life and pursue his dreams. We listened intently to each other as we talked taking everything in. I know he was lying about everything he has said, but I still paid attention.

                “May I see you again?” Lee Joon asked once we reached my motorcycle in the parking lot behind the bar. I looked up at him and smiled softly.

                “Of course! Remember I am keeping the vultures away from you.” I laughed as I held my hand out for his phone.  Lee Joon chuckled at my comment as he handed me his iphone. I quickly punched in my number. “Here! Just call me whenever.” I said as I got on my motorcycle sitting on it with ease.  

                “I will.” He breathed out. I watched in shock as he took my hand in his lifting it slowly to his lips kissing it softly then let it go. “Until next time.” He breathed out. His eyes looked at me amused as I just stared in disbelief. Damn it I probably look like an idiot. I watched as he walked to his black Toyota Avalon. 

                “Damn bastard!” I let out annoyed as I put on my helmet staring my motorcycle. I sped out of there without a second glance at him. He most likely thought he whooed me with that kiss on the hand and the flirting. I’ll show him. I’ll seduce him first. I’ll have him begging for mercy when I am done with him. I laughed at myself just at the thought.

                I quickly raced home already ready to continue my personnel mission. The files with the specifics of my mission that Jr wanted to give me should be there by now in the secret compartment in my mailbox. I sighed as my bike came to a stop on a red light. I sat up thinking back to Lee Joon’s face as he spoke about his home country. The love, pride, and determination he held in his eyes. I couldn’t help, but feel attracted to that face. I want to help him. Help his country. I believe with all my heart that they are innocent.