Escape

Spy My Heart

Alex point of view

                “Are you taking a nap again?” I opened my eyes softly upon hearing Jongup’s voice. I groaned glaring at him in annoyance then quickly closed them to go back to sleep. “Wake up. We have to go over our plan.”

                “No!” I groaned in defiance as I threw my neck pillow in the air hopefully towards him. A soft thud echoed along with Jongup’s whimsical laugh. I let out another groan curling my body more into the comfy leather chair letting my blanket keep me warm.

                “You missed.” Jongup chuckled. I felt the pillow hit me in the face making me snap my eyes open in surprise. I turned to him with a scowl on my face. He just simply smiled widely at me while he sat across from me putting the papers on the table between us. “Oh good your awake.”

                “.” I mumbled sitting up glaring at him. Jongup put on an innocent face making me throw the pillow back at him. He let out another laugh. “We already went over the plan three times why do we have to go over it again. I already know you pose as a solider and I as a secretary. You stay with the leader while I sneak into to his office and get the plans. Blah blah blah. You tell me when he comes near his office then I sneak out with the plans and we regroup at the underground garage. See I already know the plan so let me go back to sleep.”

                “Nope.”

                “Nope what?”

                “Nope to you going back to sleep.” He said snatching the blanket away from my body. I let out a surprise shriek as the cold air inside our jet engulfed me making me shiver.

                “Jongup!” I whined as I got up leaning over the table in order to take back my fluffy blanket. Jongup laughed as I held my blanket away from me behind him. “This damn plane is cold. Come on, Jongup. Give me the damn blanket.” He shook his head no. I let out an angry growl as I quickly moved to the other side of the table standing right in front of him. Crossing my arms over my chest I stared at him in anger. I could feel the goose bumps rising along my skin from the cold.  “Jongup!”

                “What?” He asked smiling cheekily at me. I rolled my eyes pointing the blanket pouting. Jongup laughed again as he stood up wrapping the blanket around my shoulders then pulling me into a hug. I sighed in contentment feeling my body getting warm. His chin rested on my shoulder. “Warmer?”

                “Yeah.” I answered nodding my head against his chest. His chest vibrated as he chuckled softly.

                “Do you still have a bad feeling about this mission?” He asked. We pulled away slightly to stare up at each other. I bit my bottom lip looking down remembering the conversation we had last night. When I told him my nightmare of me losing him. I felt my chest clench in fear.

                “It doesn’t want to go away. No matter how much you hold me I still feel like I am going to lose you.” I admitted. Jongup let out a soft sigh as he pulled me against him into an embrace. I can hear his heartbeat slowly against my ear telling me he was alive and here.

                “Alex.” He breathed out holding me tighter to him. “I am here now. I am alive and breathing. That’s all that matters now. If you let this feeling control you with fear of course you will lose me. Cherish the moment of now. Cherish my love for you.” Upon hearing that I let out a soft laugh making Jongup pull me away to stare at me in confusion.

                “That has to be the cheesiest line you ever told me.” I laughed. “It sounds like you got it off those teen romance books. ‘Cherish my love for you’.” I mimicked laughing really hard. I felt tears come out of my eyes. Jongup’s cheeks immediately inflamed as he pushed me away crossing his arms over his chest. His bottom lip came out in a pout as he looked down his cheeks still red.

“Last time I try to be romantic with you.”

“Awww you’re so cute.” I cooed pinching his cheeks. Jongup growled slapping my arms away making me laugh even more. When my laughter finally died down I got up on my tippy toes giving him a quick kiss. “Thank you.”

“For what?”

“For being cheesy. For being romantic. For making me laugh. For being you.” I shrugged. I wrapped my arms around his neck pulling him closer to me. A smile graced his lips. “For putting up with me and loving me no matter my flaws.”

“I do put up with being you, don’t I?” He joked. I rolled my eyes at his stupidity.

“Don’t ruin the moment.” I breathed out before closing the distance between us again.

“Alex, wake up” Onew’s voice echoed waking me from my peaceful slumber. “We’re here.”

I opened my eyes softly to see him and Kris looking at me with slight panic as if I am going to disappear. I felt the plane come to a soft stop letting us know that we are on the ground. Officially in Russia now. I let out a sigh running my hand through my hair. They didn’t talk to me the whole plane ride no matter how much I tried. I eventually fell asleep.

 I nodded my head at them while I got up grabbing my large duffle bag slinging it on my shoulder. The heavy weight caused me to loose balance, but I quickly put my hands on the top cabinet to hold me up. I shook my head. You need to concentrate, Alex. Knowing Jr he already has agents here looking for me. Or maybe.

“You guys go first.” I breathed out. I bent my head to the side to stare out the window into the empty runway. They could be hiding under the plane. I know they are here. “When you go outside act as if I was never here. I know Jr has men out there ready to get me to drag me back to the states.” I turned towards them with a soft smile. “When I go out there they will question you on whether I was on the plane. Tell them no. They will think you’re lying and come search the plane. When they get in here I will fight them then run out. You guys have to pretend you didn’t even know I was there and help them chase me. Kris I want you to shot me.”

“What!” Kris exclaimed her eyes filled with horror. I tilt my head to the side staring at the front of the plane waiting for someone to come in.

“We have no time. You have to do this it is the only way for Jr to believe that you are not with me.” I breathed out in a rush. “Now go!”

“I- I can’t shot you, Alex.” She stuttered out in panic. I then turned to stare at Onew carrying their luggage. His eyes holding sorrow as he nodded. He knew this was the only time I will get to say bye to them. This is my way of protecting them and he knew it. There is no more time to argue.

“Kris. We have to do this. Now pull yourself together because if this goes wrong they will kill her and us.” Onew reasoned grabbing his partner’s shoulder. Kris shook her head no as she kept saying she won’t do it. “Kris! We have no time.” Onew then turned towards me. “Go hide in the closet in the back. We will do what you say. Stay alive out there and hurry up in getting this over with.”

I nodded at him once keeping my expression serious not wanting to show them how much this hurts me. I knew it was for the best. I can’t have them get hurt because of me. Making my way towards the back of the jet I opened the closet climbing in the cramp dark space. Breathing softly and slowly to calm my racing heart I closed my eyes listening to what’s going on outside. Loud footsteps echoed signifying people entering the plain. Judging by the sounds of the footsteps there are about six men. Six men! They insult me.

“Where is she?” A man’s voice hissed.

“Where’s who?” Onew asked. The sounds of shuffling echoed followed by a loud grunt. “Don’t attack me with no reason espicially without answering my question.”

“Where is Agent Night? We know she is on this plane.” Another voice spoke. I have no time. I quietly stuck my hand in my duffle bag taking out a remote bomb. I knew this would come in handy.

“What are you talking about? The only people on this plane are Kris and me. Alex wouldn’t be here she has a mission to fulfill.”  

“We are not dumb, Agent. We know you are hiding her. Anything to help your best friend.”  I quietly and carefully placed the bomb in the corner of the closet. When I, Onew, and Kris get out of the plane  safely I just set  this off with the remote in my bag. It will distract the small army that I know are waiting for me under the plane.

“Best Friend?” I can hear Kris’s voice hiss in disgust. “She ditched us. She hurt fellow Agents during the games almost killing them. Then she proceeded to threaten the boss. She is a loose cannon. Check the plane if you must I have a mission to get to.” I am not gonna lie that hurt. With the way she was acting before I hid I don’t know if that was acting or not. I guess I deserved it.

“No one is leaveing anywhere until we completely search the plane.” A male’s voice boomed. Shuffling of footsteps as well as slamming of cabinet doors echoed. It won’t take them long till they open the door to this closet door and see me. I bit my bottom lip as I thought of a plan.

“Do whatever you want there is no one here.” Kris spoke. Just as she said that I heard footsteps stop in front of the closet. Action.

Just as the doorknob turned slowly I put my hands up on the metal pole above me. I grabbed it tightly swinging my whole body forward slamming the door open. The man that was gonna open the door slammed back against the due to the force. I turned towards the front of the plane to see five men completely dressed in black standing in front of Kris and Onew with predatory smiles. Onew’s and Kris’s eyes wide in shock as they yelled ‘what the hell’. The plane was completely trashed. Cabinets open, Papers on the floor, even the chair cushions were ripped out. Really how could I hide there? I swear Agents get dumber every year.

“Agent Night! I see you have snuck onto the plane without anyone’s prior knowledge.” A man spoke. His blue eyes stared at me with excitement. His blonde hair was pushed back by way to much gel. The men behind him stood with their hands on their guns ready to fire at me. I clicked my tongue as I removed my duffle bag from my shoulder holding it tightly on one hand. There is only one way out and it’s through all of them.  

“Well I would have stayed longer in there, but it was getting cramped. Now if you move aside please I have places to be people to see.” I hissed glaring at them. The blonde gelled freak let out a throaty laugh along with the men behind him.

“We were given orders to drag you back to the States. The Boss wants to see you.”

“And you only brought five with you. You underestimate me.” I challenged. “Didn’t you hear what I did to those agents at the games?”

“We did that’s why we have twenty more men surrounding the plane to take you out in case you escape. It’s highly unlikely you will get through us we are well trained.” He bragged. I let out a scoff rolling my eyes.

“Well I’m trained better. Think fast.” Without wasting another moment I threw my duffle bag in the air towards them. With that as a brief distraction I ran to the blonde guy disarming him easily. I smirked as I shot him as well as two more guys. Onew caught my bag with ease as Kris held the guy in front of her in a choke hold. She held him until his green eyes rolled back and he stopped struggling.  Kris then let go dropping his lifeless body to the ground. The last man stared between us with wide panicked eyes.

“You think you will get away with this. You all will die.” He screamed. “ The Boss will find out about this…”

“Shut up.” I said as I lifted my leg sending a swift kick to his temple. His body flung to the side slamming into the table head first. If he wasn’t dead when I kicked his temple he defiantly is now. I stared back up at Onew and Kris with sadden eyes knowing what I have to do. “I’m sorry, guys.” I breathed out as I immediately ran to them.

I snatched my duffle bag out of Onew’s hand while I sent a kick to Kris’s stomach. She flew back her back slamming against the plane's wall her breath knocked out of her. I then grabbed Onew’s hand twisting it behind his back making him face the back the plane. Onew protested attempting to stop me. He was loud enough so anyone outside can hear. I kicked his back letting him go. He stumbled falling face first to the ground. Kris let out a growl as she got up limping slightly as she walked towards me with a pained look. I told her I was sorry again as slung my duffle bag on my shoulder running out the plane. I took the stairs two at a time till I got to the ground. Right when my feet touched the ground shouts echoed around me as 20 men and women agents stood behind me. I turned towards them to see them all pointing their guns towards me.

“Stand down, Alex.” A woman’s voice yelled. I stared back at her recognizing her instantly along with her partner. His long brown straight hair up in a ponytail her brown eyes staring with betrayal. Everyone’s eyes seemed to match hers. “We don’t want to shoot you, Alex. Please stop.” The summer breeze blew around us engulfing us in its warm air as the sun shined down above us.

“I can’t, Ailee. I just can’t.” I said shaking my head. Ailee shook her head no as she continues to point her pistol at me. Her partner stood next to her with a defeated face letting his arm go down to his sides.

“Alex, please don’t make us do this.” He begged. Just then Onew and Kris got out of the plane glaring at me. Onew supported a black eye as Kris had a broken lip. They limped down the stairs of the plane with everyone watching them. Once they reached the ground I couldn’t help but stare at them trying to hide my shock. Did they seriously punch each other in face to look more injured? If it was any other situation I would call them idiots and start laughing. “You hurt your own best friends?”

“We are not friends. She betrayed us.” Kris hissed glaring at me with hatred. She leaned on Onew for support  My eyes softened as I sighed. I’m alone. “Hurry and arrest her. What the hell are you all standing there for?”

That seemed to snap back the Agents to the situation at hand. They all stared at Ailee and her partner, Jay Park, for orders. I can understand why they are conflicted. Just yesterday I was the top agent of the Bureau who help their admiration and respect now I am a traitor. Jr most likely spread a lie saying that I betrayed them that if I refused to go with them then I am a traitor. I let out a sigh as I put my hand in my duffle bag without them noticing. My hands closed around the cool metal of the remote trigger for the bomb in the plane. My thumb just above the trigger ready to press it. I stared at them with a soft sad smile.

“Alex, don’t make us do this.” Jay tried to reason one last time. “We don’t believe you are a traitor. We don’t believe what Jr says about you. Whatever you did we don’t care.”

“Just come with us before this gets out of hand.” Ailee breathed out staring at me with sadness. “We will help you clear your name. Please just come with us. Don’t make us use force. Don’t make us believe you are a traitor.”

“I’m sorry.” I apologized again today as I lifted my hand out of my duffle bag pressing the trigger.

The back of the plane exploded shocking everyone into frenzy as they tried to get away. They screamed in shock as they ran. The loud explosion was so loud it made me deaf for a few minutes as I burst into a run away from them towards the nearest building. Their shouts and screams filled the sky as they panicked trying to recover on what just happened. I ran for the life of me my duffle bag hitting my leg with force causing a bruise. Shot’s fired towards me as I ran. The bullets seemed to miss me completely, but that didn’t stop them from shooting at me. God who trains these Agents? I breathed heavily as I was coming close to the red building. Just ten feet away.

“None of you know how to shoot!” I heard Kris screech.

Then another shot fired, but this one was louder than the rest of the gunshots. Almost instantly I felt an intense sharp pain burst through my hip. I stumbled falling to the ground groaning. She actually shot me. I meant for her to shot me in the arm not on my damn hip.  I put my hand over my back over my hip feeling the cold liquid of my blood. . It’s gonna hurt like a to run. Feeling panicked I screamed forcing myself up again. Tears went down my eyes from the pain as I quickly limped as fast as I could into the building, but before I made it in I felt something graze my arm making me hiss in pain. . I held my arm blood oozing out through my fingers as I limp through the door into the building. Once in I breathed out searching through the darkness for a way out. I have to get out. I can’t stay here.

I breathed heavily staring around the large building. This seems to be an old abandoned plane hangar. If all hangars are the same then the door outside should be through the office.  I let out a groan as I pushed myself to limp forward with haste still clutching my right arm. I need to get my wounds treated, but I have to get out of here first. I hurried my already slow pace upon hearing the shouts of the Agents closing in on the building. Well this didn’t go as planned. I pushed through the office door stumbling in making noise. I my teeth in pain as I regained my footing to only slam into the wall on my hurt arm. I clenched my jaw as I kept going.

Come on, Alex. You have to get out. You have to do this to protect your friends and family. You have to take down Jr. With that thought I pushed myself off the wall with a groan limping out the front door. I could feel myself getting weak from all the blood loose. I stumbled from side to side my peripheral vision going in and out. My ears seemed to only echo my heavy breathing as I stumbled across the empty street towards another building. I kept limping and stumbling on occasion forwards ignoring the excruciating pain on my hip and arm. I kept going until I couldn’t hear the Agents voices anymore. Even when I didn’t hear them anymore I kept going.

I walked through alleyways and cut across buildings for God knows how long. I want to stop, but I can’t stop. I’m gonna kill Kris for shooting me in the hip. Entering an apartment building I cursed out loud as I felt my legs give out making me fall to the ground. I’m running out breath. I can’t feel my leg anymore. My arm feels dead from all the pressure I did while clutching it. Yup this didn’t go as planned. What did I expect? Me blowing up a plane and escaping from the Agents with only an arm injury from Kris like 007. No this isn’t a movie, Alex. God I feel tired. The cold of the marble tiled ground seemed to welcome me wanting me to stay. I can feel the darkness wanting to me in. Get up, Alex. You have to keep going. You have to break into an apartment and take care of your wounds also change cloths.

“Get up.” I mumbled weakly to myself as I tried to move my body with no avail.

 Come on, Alex! You are the top agent in the United States CIA. You are not going to bleed out on the cold marble floor of a Russian apartment building. What is wrong with you? Get up! I felt tears come down my eyes clouding my vision more. Get up! You have to see this to the end, Alex. You have to protect them. You have to take down Jr. I have to do this. I lifted my good arm up placing my palm on the floor. I groaned as I attempted to lift myself up. Come on. I can do it. My arm shook furiously as tears came down my eyes. It hurts too much. I held my breath putting all my energy to lifting myself up. That’s it. I felt my body lift slightly off the ground. My arm is burning.

Then all at once my strength left me making my arm fail under me. I slammed back down on the ground. I muffled my scream against the ground not wanting anyone to hear how much pain I am in. I’m pathetic. I guess this is what I get for being overly arrogant thinking I could do this alone. This is what I get. I deserve this for letting Jongup die instead of me. For letting all this happen under my nose. My body feels so weak. I can feel it going all numb. I let my eyes close softly thinking about everything that happened to me in the past couple weeks. Almost instantly I thought of Lee Joon.

The uptight professional pain in the that I had to seduce these past two weeks. Just two weeks together and I felt like I knew him forever. Just two weeks and I felt the same sparks I felt with Jongup when he was alive. I didn’t even get to say bye to him. I didn’t get to hear his voice one last time. I just sent him a text saying I was leaving on a trip to Brazil. I’m an idiot. I've fallen in love with my target. I guess this is karma telling me that I am not worthy to love.

I reluctantly opened my eyes softly upon hearing the sounds of footsteps. Someone is coming towards me. My heart quickened in fear. Everything is blurry. All I can see is a large hooded figure walking towards me. I tried to force my eyes to stay open, but they kept fluttering close. I have to get up. I can’t let the darkness take over. Just then I heard the footsteps stop right next to me. I could feel the warmth of the person next to me.This is the first time I've ever been afraid to die.

“Alex? What are you doing here?” I heard a familiarly husky speak sadly. How does he know my name? Why is he so sad? I tried to force myself to stay conscious longer so I can ask him, but I am exhausted.

 I just let myself slip into the darkness letting it take away my pain.