A Haunted Agent

Spy My Heart

 

Hey guys!! How are you liking the story so far? I hope you like it as much as I love writing it lol well I am just letting you know that this chapter will contain flashbacks but don't worry the flashbacks will be in italics lol you'll know...well hope you like the story tell me what you think :D

 

"Wait but didn't he..." Kris spoke up while she looked at me in shock along with Onew. I looked at her and sighed.

"Yeah..he died." I said sadly looking down again. "We were on a mission in Russia when that happened...We were to infiltrate the government to get their plans on the nuclear technology. Jongup was able to pose as a solider and I as a secretary. We got inside the building no problem using fake alias. This was already a year since Jongup and I admitted our feeling to each other. We were deeply in love, but we were professional when it came to our jobs. We were only 20 years old at the time." I continued as tears went down my face softly. Flashes of my past memories that I tried to lock away invaded my mind. "Inside the building Jongup and I split up to go search for the plans we kept silent communication through an ear pieace only talking when we need something or to give info about our whereabouts."

******************

'"I have reached the office!" I spoke softly as I stepped into the large fancy office. I looked around to see the furniture either wood or leathed with the Russian flag hanging everywhere. Typical dictator stuff also. I rolled my eyes as I saw the two windows behind the large wooden desk. The window to the right was open letting in the soft breeze into the room. 

"60 seconds till Red reaches landing." I heard Jongup's voice through the ear piece. I know he is with the head hancho posing as his protecting soldier. What he just told me means that I had 60 seconds to grab the documents and get out of the office before he gets here. 

Well let's not waste time then. I quickly made my way around the room quietly as I touched along the walls carefully to see if there was a trapped door or something along the walls. Nothing. I walked quietly with haste and caution to the book case. I searched with my eyes through each book and stuff that was on the shelves occasionally I pulled out some books to see if it did anything or if it was one of those hidden books. 

'"20 seconds." I heard Jongups voice echo softly in my ear. Damn it. I need more time. I felt my heart quicken as I ran to the desk quickly seaching it top and bottom inside the the drawers then felt around for something that helps. "10 seconds."  My heart kept racing as I let myself drop on the floor in front of the desk chair. Where is it? Why can't I find the damn thing? I can't let this mission be a failure. I found my eyes landing on the chair leg in front of me. It is wierd. 

"Babe..I need more time! 10 more seconds!" I quickly whispered out as I laid the desk chair on the floor. Hopefully Jongup can give me more time.

I stared at the leg intently as I twisted around slowly hoping my suspesions is correct. I almost let out a squeal in delight as that one legs came out slowly. I bit my lip in concentration as I set the leg down quietly next to me. I smiled in satisfaction as I reached my slender fingers into the hole to feel a paper. I took a quick look into the papers to see it was the nuclear plans. Mission complete, but this is no time to celebrate. I quickly slipped the plans in my boot as I put a phony paper in the leg of the chair and screwed the leg back in. I stood up proud of my self as I set the chair back in place. I still have time to slip out of the front door.

I made my way to the door to only see it open softly. My heart dropped in fear as I came face to face with Jongup. Jongup looked at me with shocked eyes most likely hoping I would have been gone by then. I watched in fear as in slow motion the door opened more revealing the leader. Without  as second thought or even the consequences I jumped out the opened window. I felt the wind slapping my skin as I dropped along side the building at a incredible speed. 

*************

Wait! Isn't his office at least 4 stories up!" Onew exclaimed in shock as he looked at me in disbelief. I looked at him and nodded.  

"On the way down I used the prototype of the gloves that can be used to free climb on any surface. On the way down I put on the glove and slammed my hand against the brick wall. I broke my right arm on the impact because of the force of the acceleration comeing to a force stop. I had to hold in my cries and yell because I know Jongup would blow his cover to come to my aid. So I had to climb down with silent tears coming down my face with only using my legs and my left arm. When I was I few feet from the ground I just let myself drop on the bushes. I told Jongup that I was ok and I got the documents. I hid behind the bush where no one can see me to fix myself up before I put myself in the open to leave." I continued to explain. Onew and Kris looked at me intently taking in my every word. "When we left a good ways away from the governement building we ran into more trouble."

***************

"I can't believe you jumped out the window! Do you know how dangerous that was?" Jongup continued to scold me from his seat in the drivers side. We were driving down the busy streets of Russia glad we were able to carry the mission without a problem. I rolled my eyes at him. 

"We completed the mission..Didn't we?" I retorted as I held up the folded paper to him. 

"At what cost? Alex you're lucky you landed down with only a broken arm." Jongup sighed as he ran his left hand through his brown hair while keeping his right on the wheel. I looked at him with a are you serious face. 

"Just a broken arm. Relax, Jongup! Remember I have been through worse." Jongup up turned his head to look me in the eyes. I smiled softly at him marveling at his handsome features even the way his eyes are slanted. God how did I get lucky to get him and actually keep him. His dark brown eyes stared at me with worry. 

"You're right! Just worry about you so much because I love you! You can be really reckless at times!" He breathed out as he grabbed my hand with his free hand smiling at me as he continued to drive. I looked up at him and smiled widely. 

"That's why I have you as a partner to keep me in line." I laughed lightly squeezing his hand softly. Jongup let out a soft laugh as he shook his head at me. I watched as he turned the car into a deserted street that led to our hideout. "Ahh I can't wait to go back to the states. As much as I like Russia I just want to go to our apartment and sleep all day."

"Who said I'll let you sleep?" I let out an embaressed scoff as I punched his arm. Jongup let out a loud laugh making me laughing with him. When the laughs finally died down Jongup looked at me seriously stopping the at the stop sign. His brown eyes staring into mine as if looking into my soul. "Alex, How about we make this our last mission for a while?'"

"Like quit the Bureau? I can't do that..I love this job. What will we-" 

"Not quit! Just a long awaited vacation!"

"Where will we go?" I asked. I looked at Jongup with a confused face. 

"Where ever you want to go is fine with me! We could see our families or even drop off the face of the earth for a while. I don't care as long as I'm with you." I looked at Jongup shocked to see his serious face. I let tears of happiness drop down my face as I smiled at him. 

I opened my mouth to say something, but I was quickly stopped when we heard the sounds of tires squealing to a stop around us. Jongup and I looked up around us to see large black SUV's blocking both sides of the alley so we don't escape. I looked up at Jongup to see him look down at me with panic then up at the large Russian guys covered in Tattoos coming towards the car. They had automatic rifles on their hands pointing to the car as they came close. I looked around to see them surrond us. I quickly slipped the nuclear plans in my left boot securing it in my sock under my foot. Jongup looked at me with a serious face and nodded at me. 

"Get out of the car!" One of the men yelled in Russian. They pointed their guns at us as they yelled at us to get out then there was a slow silence. 

"What you think? Russian gang?" I asked Jongup as I trained my eyes on the leader. We refuse to get out. The leader stared at us glaring as if waiting for us to come out. 

"They have to be the zmeya gang." Jongup spoke softly as he turned off the car without taking his eyes off the leader. 

"The head gang here!" I said in shock. But I still kept my face serious. Enemies you can't show any emotions at all. "You think our mission's been comprimsed?"

"Don't know?" Jongup breathed out. We watched ahead at the leader becoming impatient at waiting. The leader waved his nasty hand in the air as he turned around going inside the SUV. "I love you!" Jongup let out in a hurry as he looked at me in the eyes. I stared in shock seeing although his face was serious his eyes held panic. As if we won't see each other again.

And with that we were forcibily pulled out of the car by the men. I yelled in Russian as I tried to get free. Jongup struggled against the men also demanding in Russian on what is going on. I watched as they hit Jongup in the back of the head knocking him out. I yelled as I tried to struggle out of their grips to go to him, but I immeidately felt a blow on the back of my head. With that darkness covered my eyes. 

****************


"I think I heard of this when I got into the Bureau! But I never knew who it was or the whole story!" Kris muttered. She looked at me with pity and sorrow. I just shook my head at her letting her know that I don't want pity. I looked at her nodding my head for her to continue. I don't know if I can continue anymore. These flashbacks are painful enough. " They said that he died protecting his partner. That the Russian gang captured and tortured them both for the documents, but they wouldn't tell them anything. They showed so much bravery for they had to watch each other get tortured." I flinched as I remembered the memory of that nightmare. Tears went down my face as I felt Onew and Kris wrap me in a hug. "I'm sorry! I didn't know it was you..I'm so sorry this-"

"They were going to me in front of Jongup because they noticed we were in love." I continued cutting Kris off not wanting to hear her pity. I already started this and I am going to end it. 

*****************
Again! I watched in horror as they punched a tired Jongup across the face. Jongup let out a breath of air. I kept my eyes trained on the man that hit him with a hateful glare. I watched Jongup spit out blood and look up at the guy. I kept my face serious although on the inside I wanted to scream in agony at the pain of watching this. That and they had my arms tied behind me while I sat on the chair. My broken arm is throbbing in pain. 

"Just tell us! Where did you put the documents." The leader spoke in Russian. As he stood in front of  a bruised, bloodied, and tired Jongup. Jongup breathed heavily as he looked up at him. His face fell as if giving up. No. Jongup don't. 

"I'll tell you!" Jongup breathed out in Russian. The leader looked interesting as he bent down closer to him. I watched in shock as Jongup smiled despite his state. "It's up my !" Jongup laughed darkly at his own joke.

I watched with worried eyes as the leader became angered and punch Jongup across the face. Jongup let out a strangled cry of pain as he spit out more blood. I breathed heavily as I saw a long gash now going down his right eyes. His eye forced shut because of the blood coming down. Then the leader turned to face me. I looked up at him glaring angerily. What more could he do? He already tortured us for 3 hours straight. I have cuts and bruises all over my body showing proof. But I didn't give them the satisfaction to hear my pained cries or see a pained face. Even when they stabbed me with a knife on my hip. And you would think breaking an arm hurts. They did worse Jongup. I watched as they stabbed him in the legs then punching him repeatedly.  

"So beautiful." The leader spoke as he took my face in his hands. I admired my face as he turned it from side to side. "Last chance sweetheart. Tell us where the documents are?" He threatened in Russian. He thinks he can scare me. 

"Up my !" I said repeating what Jongup said. I smircked at him dangerously as Jongup and I laughed. 

"How about I end this now!" The leader hissed as he took out a knife out of nowhere and pressed it to my throat. I looked at him in the eyes as if daring. "Are you not afraid of death?" 

"Why don't you slit my throat and see." I challenged as I stared at him in the eyes. I felt the blade kiss my skin as liquid went down my neck. I probably looked insane to them, but this is how I was trained. The man who trained always told me to not show fear or any emotion to these bastards except for satisfaction. It intimidates them to a point they can't do it. 

"No!" Jonup growled out loud as he stuggled against the chair. Damn it ,Jongup. I wanted to yell at him. 

"Shut up! This doesn't involve you!" The leader yelled as he motioned for one of his men to punch Jongup in the gut. Jongup yelled as he coughed out more blood. No..At this rate they will kill him by all the beating they give him. The leader stayed staring at me with a wicked smile then looked at Jongup then back at me. He figured it out. "Men how about I let you have fun with the girl! Do what you please with her." 

Jongup and I watched in horror as the leader walked out with two men. The four men left looked at me with excited eyes as they walked towards me. It doesn't take a genius to know what they are thinking. I looked up at them in the eyes without fear as they tore my shirt off my body revealing all the cuts and bruises they gave me. The men smiled in satisfaction at the sight of my toned body. 

"NOO! Stop! Don't touch her! I will kill you! I swear I will kill all of you! Don't touch her!" Jongup yelled as he struggled against the chair. I looked at him keeping my eyes on him as I felt the mens hands go all over my body. I stared as tears went down Jongup's eyes as he continued to yell.  Before I knew it my pants were ripped off my body in a painful fashion. 

******************

"You don't have to keep going." Onew whispered as his arm tightened on my shoulders. 

"I want to!" I whispered looking up at him. I smiled weakly upon seeing his sadden face. I can feel the alcohol wearing out making my body want to rest. But I need to finish this.  "I was left in my undergarments and boots as they continued to touch me taking there time. I screamed as I felt a knife graze on my skin. I kept crying as Jongup's screams echoed the room. I actually believed at that moment I wasn't going to make it!"

******************

"No! Stop it!" Jongup yelled after I let out a cry. The knife digging deeper in my shoulder. The men laughed as tears went down my face. That was my broken arm. I feel my eyes go heavy. I'm tired.

"Let's do it! I can't hold it anymore!" One of the men let out as he started to pull down his pants. I stared in horror at him. I yelled no as I tried to move away. I am stronger than this I won't let them take me. I struggled against the chair crying out. 

"Alex!" Jongup yelled as a loud crash can be heard.

The man in front of me fell down to the floor unconcious. I stared up in shock to see a angry Jongup take the same metal chair slamming it to the man to my right. The man fell to the floor also with the chair over him. His head was bashed open the same as the man in front of me. The man to my left yelled in anger as he ran to Jongup. Jongup quickly grabbed his arm twisting him then he lifted his arm up to his neck. I watched in shock as Jongup snapped the mans neck as if it was a piece of twig. The man dropped to the floor his life already gone. I looked in shock as Jongup walked foreward towards the man behind me. 

"Stop! Don't come any closer or I will kill her!" The Russian man yelled behind me in Russian as he brought the knife tightly to my neck.

I gulped in air as I breathed out heavily. I felt my body shake. Jongup stared at me with begging eyes. He was begging me to snap out of it. Snap out of being in shock from being almost . I felt tears go down my eyes as I stared back at him. When was I ever like this? Damn it, Alex snap out of it! I breathed out softly as I closed my eyes taking in the soft darkness for a split second before I used all my body weight to move the chair towards the side. The chair slammed down on my broken arm making cry out in pain. I opened my eyes breathing heavily to see Jongup finishing off the last man. 

"Alex!" Jongup let out in a panic as he ran to me. He took my face in his hands. I smiled softly at him  at him. I feel so weak. "Come one, babe! You got to stay strong! We need to get out of here!"  He spoke as he cut the ropes to the chair. He helped me up careful with my right arm. "I'm so sorry!" He spoke as he enveloped me in a hug. 

"We need to hurry and go before someone comes!" I breathed out as I pulled away. I ignored Jongup's worried gaze as I bent down to the dead men ridding them off their weapons. A couple knives and 4 pistols with enough amunition. I kept my right arm loosely on my side as I only used my left arm to do stuff. 

"Here wear this!" Jongup spoke. I felt fabric around my shoulders.

I looked up to see it was Jongup's shirt even though it was dirty with blood, dirt, and cuts it covered. I quickly stood up putting on the large shirt slowly and carefully with all the wounds I have. Jongup stayed quiet as he helped me button it. I stared at him sadly realizing how much in a bad shape we both are. While I had a broken right arm, a couple stab wounds, and bruises Jongup had a long gash going down his right eye forcing it closed. He had numerous stab wounds while his muscular chest was covered with a large purple bruise on the left side over his ribs. They most likely broke a couple of his ribs. His lip was cut and chapped. I unconciously lifted my left arm to his face touching it softly. I watched as his brown eyes soften slightly as he leaned into my hand wrapping me in a hug.  

"Jongup! We need to go now!" I breathed out. I felt him pull away slowly as he breathed out. I watched as Jongup up loaded two pistols putting them in his jean pocket as he threw me one of the pistols. I caught the dark metal gun in my hand with ease. I smiled at him as I slippled the knives in my boots in case I need to throw them. 

"Can you shot with one hand?" Jongup asked as we stood behind the metal door that lead outside to the blood bath about to happen. I looked up at him with a knowing smile. 

"When have I ever let injuries hold me back!" I said darkly as I looked up at him. With that we went out the door. 

*****************
 
"We walked through the what looked like to be an adandoned building with caution. We covered eachother's back silently killing any men that came in our way. I was tired, worn out, and in so much pain a couple times I fought to stay up. I kept going and so did Jongup. I knew he felt the same way." I breathed out as I ran my hand through my black silky hair. " We were so close to the stairs leading downstairs, but right when we came close to it we were ambushed. The Russian Gang Leader came out from the stair with a whole bunch of armed men. They surrounded us making us more alert as we backed up. The leader was laughing as he clapped his hands at us. Jongup and I  backed up more only to come to a stop for a large window was behind us. The men surronded from all around except for behind us."

********************

"That was a lot faster time than I thought for you to escape! Very entertaining!" The leader continued to talking in Russian.

My eyes swept everywhere in panic to see all the men with AK-47's pointed towards us. I only had two shots left of my pistol and I doubt Jongup has anymore. There are to much men to take out. I felt my heart beat in fear. We won't make it. I felt a hand come one mine squeezing it in comfort. I looked up to see Jongup still staring at the leader with eyes full of hatred. 

"Alex? Listen to me!" He whispered out so only I can hear. I stared at him with tears threatening to escape. Why do I feel like what he is going to tell me is nothing good. "I need you to jump out the window and make a run for it. It's our only chance."

"What about you?" I whispered out in panic. Jongup immediately snapped he head down to stare at me in the eyes. I felt my heart drop as his eyes softened with grief. "No! I'm not leaving you!" I cried out. Tears went down my eyes as I squeezed his hand. 

"You have to! You have to complete the mission!" He let out trying to reason with me. I just shook my head as I sobbed loudly. 

"I don't care about it anymore! Jongup I can't leave you! You won't make it! They will kill you!"

"They will kill both of us if we both stay here! Alex! You must do this!"

"No! I won't leave you!"

"Listen to me! I promised your mom I will take of you! I love you!" He whispered out as he grabbed me. Our lips connected into a passionate kiss. I felt Jongup's tears hit my face as he held onto me tightly not caring about the pain. Hell I didn't even care as I held him closely. I wanted to hold him so he won't leave me. "Goodbye!" He said. Before I knew it Jongup pushed me away from him with such a force I was pushed through the window breaking it. My arms and legs moved everywhere as I yelled out in agony. No. Jongup. Why?

********************

" I remember while I was falling I looked up to see in horror as the sounds of multiple shots fired can be heard. Luckily I landed in a full dumpster, but not unscathed. Ha." I laughed dryly. "I fell out of the third story of that damn building. But the dumpster was filled with a lot of glass stuff and one of glass shards dug into my side upon the impact. I had to big of an adrenaline rush to feel pain as I pulled out the glass shard from my side like if it was nothing. I remember crawling out of the dumpster falling out landing on the floor in pain and worn out. I kept crying in sorrow as I willed my body to keep going. " I watched as Onew and Kris flinched slightly almost as if imagining the pain on them. They will never know what I went through. " I cried as I swallowed up my courage to get a couple feet away. I kept stumbling and was out of breath. I was sobbing with each step as the sounds of the gun shots continued to echo in my ears.  I knew I had to leave him knowing by the way he kissed me I knew it was the last time.  There was no way he survived that shot off I knew that. As if fate was against me I made the mistake and looked back to see in a horror as a dead body flying out of the window slamming down towards the dumbster. I screamed in horror as I noticed the body looked like Jongup. His hair, cloths, and even the wounds were the same. I had to force myself to run away from there knowing I will get myself killed if I go to the dumbster."

"He died?" Onew muttered out as he looked down. I can see tears go down his eyes. My body felt weak as I leaned against Kris sighing out sadly. 

"When I arrived at the  U.S. embassy  imagine everyone's surprise when I passed out right there before I entered the building with just a long cut up button down man's shirt covered in blood. I had to stay in Russia for another month to just for my body to heal. I was in depression the whole time though. It got so bad they had to fly in my sister to get her to help me. They told her I went on vacation with Jongup there and we were in a car accident where he died and I survived. Bull." I chuckled darkly. "I was sobbing in the plane ride back to the states although I was bandaged up. After a week of refusing to go to Jongup's and I shared apartment I gathered the courage to go with my sister and mother. We cleaned it so we can sell it. Imagine my horror when I found an engagement ring." I sobbed out loud. I let myself fall back on the bed. I feel so exhausted due to all the alcohol leaving my system. The memories making it worse. "That's why he wanted to go on vacation after that mission. He wanted it to be our honeymoon. He left me."

"I'm so sorry." Kris muttered as she looked at me with tears threatening to escape.

"Don't cry for me! I hate that and you know that! Both of you know that!" I yelled out in rage as I sat up fast glaring at both of them. Ugh I regret doing that. Now I feel everything go black around me. "!" I muttered out as I fell back on the mattress. 

"Do you think she will remember?" I heard Onew muttered out in worry. Damn it stop worrying about me. 

"No! She won't. No wonder she doesn't believe in love." Kris answered sadly. 

I couldn't hold on anymore. I just let the darkness me in into it's comfortable abyss. Wiping my memories in the process. 

So what you think? It took me so long to write this chapter. I hope you like it :D