She's here

Spy My Heart

Lee Joon point of view

                “Hey, Lee Joon?” I heard her voice whisper out softly as she poked my shoulder. I kept my eyes closed not wanting to be awoken from my peaceful slumber. I let out a groan as I tightened my arms around her small waist holding her closer to me. “Lee Joon!”

                I felt her try to wiggle her body away from me with no avail. I smiled at the thought of her frustrated face. She is most likely biting down her bottom lip in concentration as she tries to think of a way out.  She let out a loud groan as she tried to escape again. Letting out a soft chuckle I buried my face in her hair taking in her coconut scent. I sighed in pure happiness I wish we could stay like this forever.

                “Would you stop struggling?” I groaned now annoyed by her wiggling. I opened my eyes to only see her dark red hair. I felt her turn around in my arms facing me. Her heavenly face looking at me with annoyance. Her dark eyes narrowed at me playfully.

                “Let go!” She said. I simply shook my head at her. I won’t let go.  “ Lee Joon, I’m starving!” Just when she said that a loud rumble echoed from her stomach. I chuckled at her as I leaned my face closer to her. “See! Now let go before I starve to death!”

                “You can hold it for a little while longer.” I breathed out. I moved my head up stretching my neck up as I pressed her closer to me making her head rest at the crook of my neck. She groaned yet again as she tried to get out. Why can’t she let me sleep for longer?

                “Lee Joon! Let me go before I hurt you.” She growled pushing roughly against my chest.

Breathing out a sigh of defeat I finally let her go. She didn’t waste any time to jump out of our bed running towards the kitchen to attack our fridge. That poor appliance never saw it coming. I chuckled softly to myself turning to face my white ceiling. I should also get up. Finally after much debate with myself whether to laze around in bed or not I got up. I made my way towards the kitchen following the loud ruckus she is making. She can’t just get food quietly.

I let my body lean against the entrance of the kitchen with a smile on my face. Her body was on the counter her feet tucked under her as she leaned up towards the high cabinet. Her delicate fingers opened the maroon wooden doors with ease. I can see the diamond ring glistening on her ring finger on her left hand. My smile broadened at the thought that she is officially mine. No one else’s. Just mine. She is a hard woman to handle sometimes, but that is what I love about her. We are complete opposites of each other. She is eccentric and temperamental while I was calm and professional. With all the flaws in our relationship it is undeniable we balance each other. We are a perfect match.

“I know there are freaking pickles in here somewhere!” She groaned in annoyance as she felt the inside of the cabinet with her hand. I shook my head at her knowing she is too stubborn to ask me for help. I can’t do anything, but just watch her in amusement. If I help her I’m afraid I would being arriving to work hurt. “Damn it! Why is this so high? Who the hell designed this kitchen?”

“That would be you.” I breathed out finally making my presence known to her. She turned her face slighting to look at me with a scowl then went back to her mission. “Do you need help?”

“No! I got it!” She growled. “I don’t need your help. Wasn’t it behind the cookies and pancake mix?” She let out in frustration as she moved the things around without looking. Should I tell her? No that will make her take her anger out on me. Anyways it is rather cute to see her struggling in her own stubborn mission for food. She finally let out a loud groan pulling out her hand from the cabinet slamming the door closed. She ruffled her dark red hair roughly in frustration as she yelled. “Why the would I put that damn jar up there when I can’t even reach it! I can’t ing see it! I’m such a !” She finally snapped.

“Uhh….Alex?”

“What!” She hissed snapping her head towards me glaring intensely. Mind you all this is for a lousy pickle. But I wouldn’t tell her that for she will start a rant on about it. I smiled at her shaking my head. I let out a sigh preparing myself for what’s to come.

“The pickle jar is actually in the pantry on the 2nd to last shelf.” I breathed out pointing the pantry door on the other side of the kitchen next to our refrigerator. Her eyes widen in shock as she stared pantry door with a stupefied look. She quickly jumped off the counter her cheeks turning bright red through her tan skin.

“Why the hell didn’t you tell me earlier!” She growled stomping her way to the pantry slamming the door open.

“Try not to break the kitchen, please!” I sighed.

It wouldn’t be the first time she has broken something in the kitchen. Last time she nearly destroyed the kitchen in her temper tantrum. Just because she couldn’t find the chocolate donuts which I hid from her. Every time for the same things. Her temper sometimes is to extreme. I recommended to her to take anger management, but she simply threw her phone at my head in response. I moved to the coffee pot serving myself a hot cup of coffee. Once I put appropriate amounts of sugar I turn back around to face the pantry.

Alex simply sat on the floor with her legs crossed the large jar of pickles on her lap. She opened the jar happily sticking her hand in grabbing one. I smiled as she bit into it with the happiest expression I have ever seen on her face. The loud crunches echoed through the whole kitchen. She finished one and continued onto another just sitting on the floor casually eating. She can be such a child I have no idea how she plans to raise..

“What are you staring at?” She hissed pulling me away from my thoughts.

“You! Your acting like a child for just a jar of pickles.” I told her. Alex let out a heavy sigh as she looked down at the Jar in her lap then back at me. She shrugged her shoulders then went back to eating.

“This pregnancy is killing me!”

“Don’t talk with your mouth full.”

“Whatever.” She rolled her eyes finally closing the jar. Now the kitchen smells like pickles. Standing up she put the jar where it was then stepped out the pantry. I stared at her neck in shock. When did she get that? “What?” Putting my mug down in panic I quickly went to her placing my hand softly against her neck. “What’s wrong? Lee Joon?” I tilted her head to get a better look at her neck. Blood oozed down from a wound.

“Alex! What happened? When did you receive this wound? You were just fine? When?” I exclaimed in panic.

Fear overcame my body as blood continued to come down from her wound. It was shaped like a Z. I felt hands clamp down roughly on my shoulders forcing us apart. I stared around us franticly to now see large men in suits surrounding us. I screamed as they grabbed onto Alex holding a knife to her demanding for answers she didn’t know about. What’s going on? I yelled for them to let her go to leave us alone. I struggled to get free from their hold to go to her.

But I could only watch in horror as they stabbed her in stomach making her let out a blood curling screech from . The baby. Tears went down my eyes as she slumped down cradling her stomach. Her sobs echoing above the laughing from the men. Blood was everywhere around her. She was covered in it. I yelled struggling against the men’s hold. Tears went down my eyes. I need to go to her. I need to protect her. She is covered in so much blood. I can see her struggling to breath in between her sobs. No.  

“Why are you struggling, Lee Joon. This was your mission from the beginning! We are just finishing the job since you can’t.” I turned my head to the source of the sinister voice to see Leeteuk walking towards me. A sinister smile plastered on his face. I shook my head at him as I kept screaming no. “I told you no matter what to kill her first.”

“No! No!” I kept repeating in horror. I felt my body weaken as I watched her bleed out right in front of my eyes. She isn’t breathing. She isn’t moving. Our unborn baby gone. She is gone. I let out a loud sob.

“Alex!” I yelled out loud snapping my eyes open.

 I breathed heavily staring up in confusion to only see a dark ceiling above me. A dream? But it felt so real. My hand is outstretched towards the ceiling as if trying to grab something. I tried to go to her in my dream.

Where am I? I sat up letting out a groan. My body feels completely worn out while my throat felt parched. I’m in what seems to be an abandoned room that has not been taken care of.  I looked down to see I am sitting on a metal table. An IV in my arm over my vein my eyes followed the cord up to see a blood bag being held up by a pole. They are giving me blood? What happened?

“You’re awake about time.” I heard a voice breathe out in relief. I turned my head to see Jongup walking towards me. He held a water bottle out towards me to take. I quickly took it not wasting time in drinking it to heal my dry throat.

“What has happened?” I breathed out once I finished chugging the water. I placed the now empty bottle next to me. I move my hand over the IV in my arm removing it slowly out of my arm. I feel like I have had enough. Putting pressure over the hold to stop the blood from coming back up. Jongup quickly got me a wrap and cotton balls and in seconds he took care of it. “Thank you.” I breathed out softly just when he finished. He backed away nodding at me.

“You passed out while we were heading here so Daesung carried you here. You lost a lot of blood so I had to give you blood.” He explained as walked towards the old fridge in the corner. Opening it slowly he pulled out another bottle of water. He held it towards me. I smiled as I took it thanking him. I slowly drank from it. “I managed to take out the bullet fine from your leg and bandage your wound. You should be fine.”

“Thank you.”

“Don’t. I was the one that shot you.” He answered waving off my thanks. I looked at him with a sigh he should just accept my thanks he did save my life. But it seems he is quite stubborn.

“Where is Daesung?” I asked noticing my missing partner. Jongup’s face turned to that of annoyance for a brief moment then he quickly masked it.

“I sent him to get us some stuff. He was getting on my nerves. He kept asking too much questions.” I nodded understanding him. I know how Daesung can be. Sometimes a bit too much.

A heavy silence fell upon us as we looked around. I drank from my bottle as I looked around the room studying it. It seems like an abandoned apartment room. No doubt we are in an abandoned apartment building. It is no surprise. Jongup is hiding off the radar this is almost the perfect place to be in. The room looks as if it was untouched expect for the medical things all over the counters.

“Aren’t you going to ask me if I am ever going to tell Alex if I am still alive?” Jongup finally spoke breaking the silence. His dark brown eyes looked at me curiously. I have been wondering, but I have figured he has his reasons. I know how Alex is and I know she will not take it well if she found out.

“As much as I hate to admit it, but Alex still has deep feelings for you. If she finds out that you are still alive she will not take the news well. Worse if she finds out that I knew and didn’t tell her. Anyways it is your choice whether to tell her or not. But I do wonder? Do you plan on protecting her forever?” I wondered out loud narrowing my eyes at him. Jongup let out a sigh as he leaned his back against the counter next to the fridge.

“After this mess with Jr is done I am planning to leave her in your protection.” He breathed out. Then he immediately stared at me with a warning glare. “You better be able to protect her with your life. If I find out later something happened to her I will come after you. I won’t even care about your explanation. Even if you try to go off the radar I will find you.” He threatened. I stared at him with a serious expression knowing he will follow through with that threat.  I nodded at him showing him I understood. He is still in love with her. I can’t really help, but think. Can he truly let her go? Can he really leave her?

"Can you follow through that?" I voiced out curiously. If it was me I wouldn't be able to do it. Seeing how despearate i was to have her back in my arms again it is no surprise. Jongup looked slightly taken aback from the question as he seemed in deep thought. I watched as his face stared at me sullenly.

"I have no choice." He breathed out softly. I leaned back on my arms staring at him with disappointment. I shook my head sighing loudly. 

"Yes! You do! Although it would end badly it is better to tell her. " Jongup smiled softly shaking his head. He let out a soft chuckle.

"And if she leaves you for me?"

"I will win her back." I breathed out. Jongup stared at me in shock before he let out a loud laugh. He shook his head in disbelief.

"So you want to go against me?"

"If you chose to take the hard way and tell her. I don't plan on giving up on her any time soon." I told him seriously staring at him with a challenging gaze.

"Cocky bastard." Jongup whispered to himself shaking his head. He let out another laugh. "How about this? Once all this is done and over with I will decide on my own whether or not to tell her if I am still alive. It will take me a while, Lee Joon. I believe it will destory her if she knows and I prefer she doesn't know. Let her go on with her life you know..."

"She will go on with her life, but you won't be able to. You still love her." I said getting straight to the point. Jongup stared at me astonished that I know. I tilted my head to the side giving him a hard stare. "I can tell by the way you talk about her. Also the fact you still protect her. It is quite easy to notice. You don't really hide it. You shouldn't look so shocked."

"You know you're a really wierd guy. You seem so fine with all this. "

"I am confident in myself that I will win her back if you reveal yourself to her. If I don't I don't . It is her choice. I can't make her choose. If she is happy then so am I." I breathed out sending him a friendly smile.

" Alex is damn lucky to have guys like us. " He mumbled to himself. He rolled his eyes. "And if she chooses neither of us?"

"Then we preceed to a bar to drink away our sorrows." I breathed out sarcastically. Jongup nodded aggreeing with me. He smiled shaking his head again chuckling.

"I can't believe I am having this conversation with you." He ran a hand through his short brown hair. "But it is only a conversation. I'm sorry ,Lee Joon, but I am firm on my decision on not telling her. I saw what me being dead did to her. It basically haunted me. She took endless missions drinking her life away. As much as I love her she is happy with you. She is finally getting back to her normal self because of you. After these two years of watching over her I finally saw her give a real geniuine smile with you. Not a day goes by were I wish I was in your place. I wish this never happened and I could have married her like I planned. But I believe this all happened for a reason. Maybe she is supposed to be with you not me. Look. I already lost her I accepted that. I just want her to be happy."

I stared at Jongup. He is sincere in his words. Although I can see the hurt in his eyes he still attempted to hold a determined expression. He is truly letting her go. I couldn't help, but feel much respect for him. He is right. Alex is a lucky woman to be loved by him so much. He is doing all this for her. It doesn't even feel right to be jealous about this. I couldn't. I understand him. If I was in his position I would do the same.

"So about the things with Jr?" I breathed out changing the subject. I believe we have talked long enough about this. When the time comes we will see how this goes. It will get more complicated then. If we both fight for her it will hurt her even more, but I will not give her up easily.

 

“The stuff with Jr is complicated. He has been corrupted since he started being the boss. At first it was small stuff up until two years ago then he went bigger and more dangerous .” Jongup breathed out happy for the change in conversation. His eyes immediately turned serious as he stood up more straight.

“Do you know what was in the document you and Alex acquired during your mission here two years ago?”

“No. The only thing I know is that it was some type of nuclear document.”

“Does anyone else know you are still alive?” Jongup shook his head.

“Besides you and Daesung. No. No one else knows I am still alive and I want to keep it that way.” He replied calmly. I simply stared at him. He went all this time without anyone ever knowing he is alive. Without talking to anyone. Or even having someone helping him. He has just been watching over Alex protecting her. “I need to show you something first, before we continue talking.”

I nodded at him even though millions of questions ran through my mind. Jongup made a motion for I to follow him as he made his way out the door. Letting myself get down carefully off the metal table I limped towards him ignoring the stinging pain in my leg. I looked down at my bandaged leg to see if it was ok. It seems fine. I can limp fine, but I can’t do anything to extreme. I felt instantly disappointed in myself for letting this happen to me.

“How’s your leg?” Jongup asked as we walked down a dark empty hallway. I was right about this being an abandoned apartment building.

“A slight stinging sensation. I will survive.” I breathed out still limping following him. Jongup looked at me then at my leg then back up at me. He smiled nodding his head. “Where are we going?”

“What do you know about Alex and I’s mission here two years ago?”

“All I know is that you and she were sent here to obtain documents from the Russian government. You were able to obtain the documents to only be intercepted by the head Russian mob here, Zmeya. Alex was able to escape with severe wounds while you died saving her life.” I breathed out summarizing everything I know. We stopped in front a door that had its numbers taken off. Jongup nodded again for me to continue. “I also know the Zmeya leader disappeared not long ago.”

“Yup.” He breathed out opening the door.

I stared in confusion at the sight in front of me. Inside the dark windowless room was a man chained to chair with a bag over his head. A bright light shined above him. The room was humid and smelled horrible. The man had several wounds all over his body that look quite painful. He was tortured. We walked into the room Jongup closing the door behind us. I continued to stare at the man in confusion. Other than the fact he is covered in wounds he also seems to have plenty of tattoos. I stared at a specific tattoo on his arm. A python wrapped around a large Z. I turned to Jongup in shock. Don’t tell me.

“Jongup?” I questioned almost in warning. I stared at him still in shock. Jongup sighed walking towards the man who is now struggling against his chains. He breathed heavily as he cursed in Russian threatening us.

“Yeah. I kinda went overboard when I heard his men took Alex.” Jongup breathed out moving his hand towards the man. I watched as he grabbed the bag that was over the man’s head. “Meet the leader of Zmeya, Vadim Viktor Lestrov.” He breathed out as he removed the bag from the man’s head.

Not many things surprise me in this world. I am the top agent in the South Korean Bureau I don’t get surprised. I am trained to be able to handle any situation expertly and professionally. But as of late it just seems that many things have taken me by surprise. I found myself not able to handle it myself. The world I was living in seemed to go down as I was brought back to reality. It started with Operation Night. It was supposed to be a simple mission with no problems. In and out as I would say. But that never happened for I ended up deeper into another Bureau’s problems than I wanted to. I was just supposed to get information and get out. But I seemed to have been distracted. Distracted from my true mission. All because I fell in love with my target. Mind you this has never happened to me. I wasn’t one to fall easily in love with someone after a few weeks, but Alex was different. She simply captured me. Unable to think about my actions I just simply throw myself in the fire going after her.

Another thing that surprised me is that she disappeared. The mayhem in her Bureau and in my mind seemed to be on overdrive. I experienced true desperation in trying to find her. When I finally found her she runs from me. She runs with a terrified expression on her face. Once I have caught up to her I grab her scarf to only have the branded Z sign on her neck revealed to me. Then she just disappears from right in front of me before I could even utter out a word. When I tried to go after her I was caught off guard as I was shot. I didn’t even examine the area when I got there. That has never happened. Another surprise being the man that shot me turns out to be the ‘dead’ ex-boyfriend of the woman I love. He shots me and then he saves my life.

And now I am facing the leader of the most dangerous mafia in Russia. Staring with wide eyes filled with shock. I don’t even know what to say. The very man that Alex is here to hunt down turns out to be here. No doubt Jongup kidnapped him to begin with. Jongup, who doesn’t want Alex to know he is still alive. How would you handle this very situation? Not very well I predict. I don’t know whether to be angry or even to just accept it. How can I? She will find out. This will end badly. I know it will. Alex will find out. If she is not here already I know she is on her way.

"You will pay for this. You will burn in hell. I will make sure you will go painfully. When I am done with you. You will wish you never crossed paths with me." Vadim seethed out in english with a heavy Russian accent. Jongup looked at him with a challenging look almost daring him.

"You know you told me this at least a million times. And you know what. Nothing is going to happen." Jongup said. I stared at the Vadim taking in his features. Well what features that are visible for he is covered in torture wounds. His dark eyes held a burning hatred for Jongup as his long black hair was in a tangled mess. By his build and features that are recognizeable I say he is in his early forties.

"My men will find you."

"No they won't. Even if they do I will kill them all." Jongup breathed out darkly. Then he turned to me with a serious expression. "So what you think?"

"You do know Alex is looking for him." I managed to breath out. Jongup just nodded his head slowly almost uncertain. "She will find this, Jongup. That is why she is here Russia. She is looking for him."

"Alex? Alex? Where have I hear that name?" Vadim mumbled to himself thinking hard. We just ignored him. I glared at Jongup angered by what he has done.

" I know. But she won't find this place trust me. Anyways Vadim here is only here to answer my questions then I will let him go." Jongup shrugged as if it was the most simple thing in the world. I stared at him in disbelief. There are a million ways all this can go horriblely wrong. He seems so casual about all this. What is he thinking?

"Ahhh now I know. Alex was the woman with you the day two years ago. She is the woman you love is she not?" Vadim let out a dark laugh happy with himself. "How is she? She was quite the fiesty little vixen. I still remember the way she dared me to kill her. Her eyes held such strength and defiance. She is the kind of warrior I would want by my side."

"Shut up!" Jongup and I both yelled at the same time angered. Vadim looked at both of us with a dark gaze as he laughed again this time more loudly.

"Both of you love her." He laughed. How could... "Oh this is more fun. Once I am out of here I will enjoy marking her body slowly in front of your eyes. I will make sure her screams will echo across the city as if it was music."

"I said shut up!" Jongup yelled in rage pulling out a gun from his back. He immediately shot Vadim on his knee making him scream. He deserved it. He is lucky it was from Jongup. If it was me I would have done worse. I want to do worse. I feel furious from what he said.

My hands fisted by my side as I clenched my jaw. Glaring at Vadim I felt no remorse from all his wounds on him. I won't even care if he bleeds out. Jongup breathed heavy putting the gun against Vadim's temple. He threatened him in Russian dangerously saying what kind of tortures await for him if he continues to talk. Some of what he threatened seemed to inhumane. I was about to open my mouth to say something, but I was stopped by Daesung's voice.

"Hyung! Hyung! Jongup!" I could hear Daesung's voice echo down the hall in panic as he ran. Jongup looked up at me in confusion as he motioned for I to check it. I opened the door towards the hallway looking for him. "Hyung!"

"We are over here!" I yelled back upon seeing him down the hall on the other side. He looked slightly relieved then quickly ran towards me. He was in full speed yelling franticly. What is going on?

"Hyung! She's here! She's here!" He kept yelling as he pulled his hand out in panic motioning for me to go back inside. I was about to ask him who when someone stepped into the hallway behind him.

I quickly pulled out my gun and soon shots were fired. Daesung yelled as he reached me.The person on the other end pulled out their gun immediately shotting back at me. They dodged my bullets skillfully. Who is that person? Part of the Zmeya are there more? I immediately yelled at Daesung to go in as I continued to shot back at the person. I can't see who it is. The person was wearing all black.

"Hyung! Don't shot her!" Daesung yelled above the shots that were fired. The person immediately ran forward going into a room two doors away from me. I shot the person before they went in but I missed. Not wasting time I went back in the room glaring at Daesung.

"Why can I not shot her?" I yelled into his face.

"Who is it? Zmeya?" Jongup asked.

"No!" Daesung let out in panicked then looked at Jongup in horror. He moved up his hands pushing a protesting Jongup towards the window where the fire escape is at. Wait. "You need to leave, Jongup! Now before she sees you!"

"Who? What the hell are you talking about!" Jongup yelled trying to fight back Daesung. They can't go that way. I ran towards them trying to stop them.

"No! Don't!" I yelled, but was to late.

Just then the window shattered the person I was shooting at the end of the hallway now standing in front of all of us. We all stared in shock and horror at the person. It was a woman no taller than 5'8". But that is not what had us all staring at her as if we were deer caught in headlights. We were staring because the woman standing in front of us was none other than Alex Night. She had her gun pointed towards us. Her gaze went to me in shock then to Daesung. Then lastly to..

"NOooo!" Daesung yelled making us jump as he lifted his shirt shoving Jongup's face underneath against his bare chest. He put back down the shirt over him as if hiding him with his shirt. That idiot. In this situation that is what he thinks of.

"What the !" Jongup yelled as he flailed his arms trying to push himself away. I stared at Alex to see if she noticed. If she saw him. By the way Jongup is acting he hasn't realized it was her. Daesung held Jongup tightly to him not letting him go. He stared up at Alex with fear.

The room was completely quiet as we all stared at Alex. I watched as her eyes looked at us with disbelief then back at Jongup who was under Daesung's shirt still struggling. Her hand that held her gun shook furiously. I stepped towards her in caution quickly, but she didn't even look up at me. She just continued to stare in disbelief.

"Alex?" I breathed out softly.

Upon hearing her name Jongup stopped struggling against Daesung. Alex looked up at me in shock. So many emotions seemed to be running through her. Shock, Denial, hurt, anger, saddness. Her body shaking furiously. She looked back were Jongup was at. Her gun dropped to the ground with a loud thud. Shaking her head she stepped back away from them. She lifted her hand to and all at once she seemed to explode.

________________________

Hey guys!!

Omg Do you think Alex saw him? 

The Zmeya boss is there!!

Why did Daesung put Jongup under his shirt!?!?!

Lol  Honestly i had my doubts about this chapter..Still do honestly..i feel like there was something missing..

Hopefully you guys like it :D

Thanks for reading! :D :D :D