Going deep

Spy My Heart

Alex’s point of view

                “You wanted to see me?” I let out in a bored tone. Jr looked up from his papers to stare at me with a questioning look picking up on my tone. I breathed out softly as I closed the door behind me entering his office.

                “Yes.” Jr breathed out while he leaned back on his leather desk chair staring intently at me. I can’t help, but fight the glare that wants to take over my face. I loathe this man. With every fiber of my being I just want to jump across his desk pin him down and demand answers. But I can’t. I promised the guys yesterday I won’t do anything yet not until they have all the evidence against him. Apparently they have a plan. I don’t get what they won’t let me. All the signs are there. He is corrupt and he got Jongup killed. “What’s wrong?” Jr spoke snapping me out of my thoughts.

                “Nothing just tired.” I lied easily. What I really wanted to say was ‘you dirty crooked er. How could you do this to us?’ Then demand he tells me everything then kill him. I felt my hands fist at my sides tightly as I clenched my teeth. I can’t. You can’t, Alex. I have to focus on my mission and act like nothing has happened.

                “You should get some rest then. Have you been up all night for this mission?” Ha. I wanted to roll my eyes. Look at him pretending to be concerned. He tried to get me killed. He is most likely doing this to keep me close.  What a detestable man.

                “No, but thanks for your concern.” I hissed looking at him straight in the eyes. Jr’s dark eyes narrowed with suspicion as his face harden. “I can take care of myself, Jr.”

                “I am just concerned for my top agent what is wrong with that?” Jr let out a heavy sigh as he got up from his chair walking towards me. I never took my eyes off of him as he came closer putting a hand softly on my shoulder. He looked me in the eyes trying to read me. I stared at him back with a blank face my fist itching to make contact with his arrogant face.  I shrugged his hand off my shoulder as I walked away from him towards the ‘client’ chair in front of his desk. “Always playing hard to get.” Jr chuckled to himself.

                “Why did you call me here Jr? I have things to do.” I sighed out.

I quickly scanned his desk while I heard him walking behind me. He is coming back to his desk. I noticed some documents under a black folder as if it was hidden from me. My eyes looked up to see the painting behind his desk. The CIA symbol with the American flag behind it. I narrowed my eyes slightly at the picture to notice it was slightly off to the side. Most people would pass this off, but not agents. We were trained to suspect everything even the painting that is not straight. There is most likely a hidden safe behind it. Jr must have just used it today, but had to close it quickly leading to the painting off to the side. Judging by that and the documents hidden under the black folder as if he didn’t have time to put it away means that he didn’t expect me to come straight here. He had something he didn’t want anyone to see. He must have heard me before I opened his office door so he attempted to hide what he was doing without looking suspicious. He almost had me fooled.

“I called you here to see if there was any progress with your mission?” Jr let out as he quietly sat on his leather chair behind his desk. His dark eyes stared at me with suspicion. How women find him attractive is beyond me. He repulses me.

“Well I met him three days ago and so far we communicate frequently.” I said as I narrowed my eyes at him. I smirked slightly as I leaned forward towards him. 

“Jr seems to have a small thing for you, Alex. To get to him you are gonna have to use it to your advantage. Don’t let him know you are onto him. Don’t let him see your burning desire to kill him.”  Yoochun’s voice rang in my head from yesterday.  Which I believe is total bull. Jr tried to have me and Jongup killed. He was the one who compromised our mission. He doesn’t care for me. Or even have a small thing for me. He is just watching me while he becomes more dirty and crooked behind everyone’s back. He is just waiting for the day to silence me permanently. Since I don’t know anything he won’t do it.  

“That’s good the sooner you finish this mission the better. Remember to get as much information as you can from him then kill him, understood. Make it look like a typical accident.” Jr breathed out as he leaned back on his chair. He continued to stare at him with an unreadable expression.

                “I know you don’t need to remind me.” I hissed looking at him straight in the eyes. Jr immediately looks at me in amusement. “I know how to do my job, Jr.”

                “Quite well also. I just want to ensure you don’t get …how do I put it..distracted.” He breathed out. I let out a small growl in annoyance as I glared at him. “I don’t want you to get hurt out there if you do something wrong. You know get in an accident if you mission doesn’t go according to plan.” Jr looked at me devilishly.

                “Is that a threat?” I growled narrowing my eyes at him. I felt my hands tightened on the seat cushion. My nails digging in. I kept myself from launching at him. Jr let out a laugh as he looked at him. The laughter not reaching his eyes. They stayed on me like a predator’s eyes.

                “Why would you say that? Alex, I would never threaten you. You are too valuable to this Bureau. Besides you haven’t done anything to receive a threat. Correct?” He stopped laughing. His eyes going into slits. He knows. “You always loyal to this agency. Giving your all to the missions assigned to you with no hesitation. Although your reports are a war to get you to do you still put your all in it.” He spoke as he got up from his chair. I watched as he walked towards me. I felt him stand behind him too close for comfort as he bent his head next to my ear. I looked forward glaring at the picture with disdain. His warm breath hitting my skin. I felt disgusted having him this close to me. I want to beat him. Tightening my nails in the cushion I let out a small breath to calm me down. “You know what would happen to those that go against me. Sniffing in business that THEY shouldn’t be in.” He whispered in my ear.

My body shivered upon his words. He knows. I turned my head looking at him straight in the eyes. Our faces only an inch apart. His dark brown eyes seemed to dance with laughter as he smirked arrogantly. He likes having the upper hand. Jr put a hand on the chairs back just behind my head leaning more over me as I leaned back making sure to keep space between us.

“Dangerous implications you are making Jr!” I breathed out not letting him get to me. He thinks he can win. I felt my eyes burn with rage and determination.

“Dangerous indeed.” Jr breathed out as he lifted his free hand resting it softly against my cheek. His thumb moved into soft circles against my skin while his eyes seemed to flicker down to my lips then my eyes. “Just implications sadly. I know you would never plot against. Even get agents against me..”

“You need to see a doctor about your trust problems Jr.”

“You may be right.” Jr chuckled as let me go standing up away from me. A small breath I didn’t even know I was holding escaped from me. Not wanting to be in here more I quickly stood up making my way towards the door. “I want a report on my desk tomorrow morning on your progress of the mission. Also the Annual game is in just a week. Make sure you are prepared.”

“Yeah I know about the Annual game. It’s next Friday. I’ll be ready. And I’ll have a report tomorrow before the end of the day on your desk.”

“No in the morning. No later.” He pressed using his leader voice. I just stood there not far from the door staring at him not showing him how shaken I am really. I simply nodded. And with that I turned towards the door. My hand making in contact with the handle almost in slow motion. I want to hurry and leave. “Oh and Alex.” I stopped just as I opened the door. “A dog that sniffs too much and too deep is bound to get their nose cut off.” He breathed out.

My body shook as my eyes widen looking ahead at small empty lobby. I could almost feel his triumphant smirk spreading across his face as he watched me. With a shaky nod I forced myself to walk forward closing the door behind me. Breathing out heavily I slowly walked away from his office glad to put distance between us. I enter the main lobby making my way towards the doors to leave the building. He knows. That was his warning. But how we were careful when we hacked in.  Jyj and Kris is best at what they do there is no hacker in the world that can top them.

Stopping on my tracks I looked around me for I felt eyes on me. Someone is watching me. I looked through the main lobby with suspicion as I attempted to calm my breaths. No one out of the ordinary as they walked past me to go about their lives most likely ending their shifts. I looked past fellow agents and employees to my left side towards where I just came from to see a woman. She stood tall with pride as she sent a satisfied smirk towards me. The woman that challenged with no fear when I got back from Paris. She was in my division when I talked to Onew and Jaejoong in private. Giving me the smile as now. I straightened my posture as I turned towards her. She stood on the other side of the grand lobby away from me. I narrowed my eyes at her with hatred. She seemed satisfied about my reaction as she immediately turned around walking towards Jr’s office.

“Eva!” I growled her name with disgust still glaring at the spot where she was. She is most likely spying on us for Jr. Leaving the Cia building I walked towards my bike. I need to warn the guys but how. They are most likely monitoring our lines now. If she is spying on us then she would know everything we do to tell Jr. Who else is she with?

Once I reached my bike I climbed on with ease straddling the seat. The annual games is next Friday then Onew’s and Kris’s Russia mission is on Saturday. I have one week to act as if nothing then I will find my answer. The best thing to do now is act like nothing has happened and go about on my mission with Lee Joon. That means speeding things along. I took out my phone from my pocket immediately dialing Lee Joon’s number. As the ringing echoed in my ears I thought about Kris and Onew’s mission to Russia. Jr won’t let me go. He would suspect us even more. I have to come up with a plan. I am going to Russia to find answers whether he likes it or not.

“Alex?” Lee Joon’s husky voice echoed in my ears as he picked up his phone. I felt myself smile as I relaxed on my bike.

“Who else would it be? I thought my ringtone would signify it was me more.” I joked lightly. Lee Joon let out a soft laugh. I couldn’t help but smile more liking the sound of his laughter.

“So you were the one that changed my ringtone. And here I was thinking it was Daesung for some unknown reason.” He joked.  His voice sounding so smooth through the phone. I have to remember to look more into Daesung tomorrow.  “Although I don’t understand why that tone? It just repeats smoky girl many times.”

“Oh that’s easy because I am a smoking hot girl.”

“So that was the reason. I believed you thought you were on fire.” He retorted sarcastically.

“Oh my god! Lee Joon are you ok?” I let out astonished laughing to myself.

“Yes. Why do you ask?” He breathed out confused.

“Because you just made a good sarcastic comment. I always knew you had it in you.”I joked. The wind picked up around me as it moved my hair around. There was a small chuckle then silence from the phone. My smile faded while I just sat on my bike hearing the silence from the phone.

“Are you alright?” Lee Joon asked in concern after what felt like hours of silence. I breathed out softly. No I am not. But I can’t tell you that. You are my target. I am supposed to get information from you then kill you. Not smile when I hear your voice.

“Yeah. Why you ask?” I breathed out trying to sound peachy.

“I don’t believe you. Alex, you can talk to me. I know we have only known each other for a few days, but I want you to know you can trust me. I do not want you to have to lie to me for I not to worry.” I stayed quiet in shock upon hearing the sincerity in his voice. He sound genuine as if he truly cared for me. Impossible. We just met it is not like we have a red string attached to us. There is no such things. Oh god what am I thinking? “Alex?”

“It’s nothing just a bad day at work.” I breathed out lying easily. I felt almost guilty about it, but it quickly went away. I shouldn’t feel guilty he is my target.

“Would you like to talk about it?”

“No. It’s fine. Hey! I just got off work how about we hang out at my apartment. We can watch a movie there and order pizza or something.” I suggested softly. Lee Joon agreed quickly. With that I my bike and sped towards my apartment. The closer I got I started to feel more nervous.

 Lee Joon point of view

                If I told you I had expected my target to call me in the afternoon to ‘hang out at her apartment’ as she puts it, it would be a lie. But I sit here on her couch in her quaint yet cozy apartment staring at the television with her in my arms resting her head on my chest.

“Hey do you want more beer?” I stared at the target in my arms as she looked up at me with a soft look. Her hair loosely around her as she rested her head on my chest. We were currently watching a ridiculous movie about a man in a bat suit I am guessing.

                “Yes. Thank you.” I let out a breath. I felt her body move away from me as she stood up.

 I ignored the cold sensation that took over my body from her absence. She walked in her bare feet to her kitchen opening the refrigerator. I watched her from the couch with slight concern. She doesn’t seem fine at all. She seemed tense as well as stressed. Her smile didn’t reach her eyes like they did all the times I seen her when I greeted her. She seemed in another state of mind in deep thought.

“I only have Mike’s hard lemonade or bud light this time?” She asked with her head inside her fridge. Even her voice did not sound with the same warmth as it always had. They most likely put her on a difficult assignment in which she is still trying to find out on how to deal with. I would like to know what is it, but she must not know that I know her true identity. Per say.

“Budlight is alright with me.” I answered. Alex immediately grabbed four bottles as she closed the refrigerator.  She smiled softly at me as she came back to me on the couch only this time she rested her back on the arm of the couch placing her feet softly next to me. She lays like that with her knees in the air. “I don’t mind if you place your feet on my lap.” I said. She looked almost shocked as I grabbed her legs straightening them over my lap placing them softly on top.

“Thanks.” She said shyly as she leaned forward handing me a beer.

She placed the remaining two next to the remotes on the coffee table in front of us. I placed mine as well on it earning a confused look from the tan dark haired woman. The movie played on without a pause in front of us, but I didn’t pay it any attention. My eyes focused on her. Alex nervously opened her beer taking a long sip as she faced the television.  She occasionally looked at me with the sides of her eyes then looked forward. My hand unconsciously massaged her ankles while I continued to study her. She is a difficult book to read. I am usually very good at reading people, but not her. She is spontaneous. So unpredictable. She sees the good in people. She truly cares for people even though she acts so tough. Daesung and I went over her agent record all this morning. I was impressed by her record. It was almost too equal par with mine. She is a dangerous woman indeed. But why does she seem so fragile to me. I almost want to protect her. I can’t. She is my target I must acquire information then kill her.

“What?” I heard her ask. I seemed to snap out of my thoughts about her to stare at her embarrassed face looking deeply at me with confusion. You can see the red on her cheeks even through her tan skin. I smiled softly as I stared at her. Her soft rose colored lips separated as she stared at me. Not thinking of the consequences I leaned towards her. My mind seems clouded only focusing on her as I felt us coming closer to each other. I was mesmerized by her features. She is….

“Beautiful.” I breathed out leaning forward towards her. She widen her eyes in shock as she stared at me. Her breath hit my face as her face was only an inch away from mine. I lifted my hand from her soft leg resting it towards her cheek. She leaned on my hand closing her eyes softly.

“I’m not.” She finally breathed out. I stared at her with annoyance. How can she not believe she is beautiful? Does she not see how men look at her?  I have noticed on the times we have gone out. The longing stares they give her.

“You are. Don’t deny the truth.” I breathed out wanting to close the distance between us. I leaned in to claim her lips.

“Lee Joon. Don’t.” She whispered out in a begging tone stopping me. I leaned away slightly staring into her eyes. Her brown eyes pleading for understanding as they watered. Her bottom lip seemed to shake as soft tears went down her eyes. I felt my chest clench painfully. I don’t want to see her tears. I don’t want to see her upset. “Jongup.” She softly cried. My chest ached for her understanding what she meant. I feel the urge to ease her pain. To erase her sorrow. My desire clouded my better judgment.

Closing the distance between us I kiss her softly. My eyes closed as I pressed her softly to me. I don’t want to let her go. I felt as if sparks giving me life as she responded back to the kiss. Our lips moving together in sync. I felt her climb on my lap her legs on either side of me. One hand rested on her cheek while the other slowly slid up from her knee to her neck. Our kiss became more heated as she let out soft moans against my lips. I can’t stop. I can’t seem to let her go. My hands continued to roam her body pressing her tighter against my chest. Heat is all I feel between us. She tasted sweet. She felt soft against me. My mission forgotten. My objective forgotten. My target forgotten. Everything forgotten.

She was the only thing in my mind. I want to erase her pain. I want her.