Accepting the Truth

Spy My Heart

Alex’s point of view

                “I am right next to you, .” I yelled loudly getting angrier by the minute. He is going to kill me. His own teammate! I looked to my right to see the enemy all around us. There is no way out except to kill. Aiming my gun around me I shot as many enemies as I can as I rolled around behind objects for cover. Bullets hit me in warning making a vein pop in my head. I’m going to kill him.  “Shot me one more time and I swear I am going to kick your !”

                “I’m busy kicking right now, Alex. Don’t talk.” Onew hissed out. He stared intently ahead then jumped over the side knifing someone in the face. I watched as blood went everywhere. I quickly reloaded my sniper aiming it at the target that just passed in front of me. You’re not getting away from me this time.

                Come on. Come on. Stay still. I looked through the looking glass of my sniper.  There he stopped more than 300 meters away. I watched as he turned to face me with his gun pointed at me. My heartbeat quicken with excitement. My finger edged towards the trigger. Just when I pressed it my screen went black. I was killed first, but not by my enemy. I glared at the screen in front of me as everyone stayed quiet. All movements on the screen were put on pause.

                “Jaejoong.” I hissed. I felt the weight sitting next to me lift up as he attempted to escape. “You killed me you bastard.” I yelled snapping my head up at his retreating figure. Jaejoong froze in spot refusing to look at me.  Immediately tossing the controller to the side I stood up glowering at Jaejoong.

                “You were in my way! I had to sacrifice you to kill Junsu.” Jaejoong panicked he turned around to stare at me with a pleading stare.

                “And you still didn’t kill me. “ Junsu laughed. Yoochun, Kris , and Onew elbowed him to shut him up. They all stared at Jaejoong with sympathy knowing what is coming to him. My body shook in rage my hands at my sides.

                “You never should have killed her man. You know how she gets about her video games.” Yoochun voiced his opinion. Jaejoong looked at our friends with wide eyes.

                “Are you serious? She was in my way. I told her to move like three times. Then I shot her a couple times in warning, but she still didn’t move how is it my fault?” Jaejoong exclaimed. He moved his arms around in frustration. I let out a growl lunging at him tackling him to the floor. Jaejoong let out a gasp upon impact as a loud bang echoed the room. I  quickly flipped him making him lie on his stomach kissing the damn ground.

                “I was on your team, .” I yelled as I sat on his back pulling his legs completely back. Jaejoong yelled out in pain as he hit his hands on the carpet floor.

                “No you were in my way.” He groaned out managing to pull his legs free from my grip. Jaejoong let out a yell as he quickly twisted his body as he flipped us pinning me on the ground. My back slammed against the grounded as he landed on top of me. My breath was knocked out of me. I gasped for air.

                “Get off me you giant dinosaur.” I groaned. I put my hands on his chest in attempt to move him, but he just kept me pinned under him. I breathed heavily as I kept trying to push him away. He is like a rock.

                “Are you calling me old?”

                “Yes! I am calling you a fat old man!” I breathed out in frustration. Feeling very annoyed I resorted into playing dirty. I did the worst possible thing you can do to a man like Jaejoong. I put my hands on his face on his cheeks knowing how sensitive about someone touching his ‘money maker’. Jaejoong’s eyes widen in fear as if he knew what I would do next. I smiled sweetly at my friend. “You got five seconds to get off or I will hurt your precious face.” I threatened narrowing my eyes at him. I have the upper hand now.  

                “You wouldn’t”

                “Oh she would.” The guys said out loud behind us.

                “Alex. Lepfh talph ..” I squeezed his cheeks together hard not letting him talk. His lips coming out making him look like a fish. “Mhmmmm!!” He screamed as I squeezed harder.

“Awww look at the Fishy. Fishy.” I cooed. I squeezed his cheeks then let it go to only squeeze again making his lips go out like a fish then go back. Jaejoong groaned in anger as he glared at me. He tried to pry my hands off with no success.

Then I let go to only slap his cheeks together again rubbing my hands up and down really fast. His cheeks moving up and down along with my hands. Jaejoong yelled as he tried to pull away but that only made me rub harder and faster. Heat formed between his cheeks and my hands. Jaejoong attempted to pull away, but I only followed him still rubbing his cheeks. I let out a evil laugh at his pain. Yup I’m a . So sue me he killed me in the video game when I was on his team. This is payback. He yelled as he finally pulled my hands away. Jaejoong let out a gasp as he breathed heavily looking at me with wide horrified eyes.

                “My hands are all warm now thanks Jaejoong!” I said happily satisfied with the work I’ve done. Jaejoong stared at me wide eyed with swollen red cheeks. Kris, Junsu, Onew, and Yoochun immediately let out a boom of laughter as Jaejoong ran to the bathroom.

                “Alex! My face!” He cried out upon seeing his reflection.  I made my way back to the couch sitting next to Junsu with a satisfied smile. I sat on my feet with a bright smile. Job well done Alex.

                “That’s what you get old man.”

                “I’m only nine years older than you get over it! You brat!” He yelled back. “I can’t believe you did this to me in my own home.” 

                “Get over it, Dino.” I rolled my eyes as I grabbed the controller unpausing the game. The guys groaned in annoyance going back to the game.  Using the controller I moved my man in the game to seek and destroy.  

                We have been at Jaejoong’s small mansion all day today just playing video games and laughing. The large house was away from downtown Washington D.C more in the woods surrounding. It was hidden and untraceable. If someone followed us they would immediately get lost if they didn’t know the way. It was the perfect place for us to talk without spied on. We can go over our plans and tactics. Kris and Junsu suggested it and we all agreed without hesitation knowing it’s the only way.

It has already been a week since Jr has talked to me and the Annual games are tomorrow.  I have been seeing Lee Joon every day since then and gathered information just like I am supposed to. Knowing that every move I made I had someone watching me. Some of the agents sent to spy on me suffered some injuries when I caught them. Some had to go to the hospital. Either way it didn’t stop Jr from sending people to spy on me it just made him better on who to send. Surely soon enough I should be over this mission. I stared at the screen not moving my man anymore. My eyes seemed to be in another world as I thought on what I must do when I finish this mission. I have to kill Lee Joon. I swallowed my spit slowly as my heart seemed to pang in fear. I have to. This is a mission.

                “So how are things with you and the target?” Junsu asked distracting me from my thoughts. I looked up at the brunette man with a confused face to see him looking at me from the corner of his eyes. Jaejoong just then exited out of the bathroom mumbling how much he hates me. I rolled my eyes at him in response then focused my attention back to the game.

                “Fine.” I simply answered while I moved my man to climb a ladder to the top of the building. I made him look around first then enter through the window. It was the perfect vantage point to snipe.

                “Have you gathered anything for your mission from him?”  I pause the game turning around towards him with a serious expression. Kris, Onew, Yoochun, and Jaejoong looked at me curiously waiting for me to answer.

                “I think it’s time we stop playing.” I let out getting up and walking towards the kitchen grabbing a beer from the fridge.  They looked at each other confused by my sudden mood change then got up following me to the kitchen. They sat on the bar stools with their own beer as I stood there looking at them.  “So far I have gathered that he was sent here on a mission to watch us. A few nights ago while he was asleep I managed to break into his laptop undetected. He seems to be looking into Jr a lot. All the documents on the laptop had access denied under Jr’s file that he attempted to break into. Also it had his brief file that he has open. It wasn’t enough for me so I searched around his apartment while he was still asleep. I -“

                “Wait you slept with him?” Jaejoong said out loud interrupting me. I felt my face heat up slightly as I refused to look at his grinning face. Damn bastard of course he would call out on that. “How many times? One? Twice? More than five?”  

                “That is not relevant!” I snapped at him glaring at him straight in the eyes. Jaejoong leaned over the counter looking at me with a knowing look. His dark eyes sparkled with amusement.

                “More than five right?” He is persistent. His dark eyebrows wiggled suggestively.

                “Leave her alone, dummy. Don’t you see she doesn’t want to talk about her life with her target. Either way at the end she has to kill him.” Yoochun said slapping Jaejoong in the back of the head. I faced Yoochun looking at him. My throat clenches tightly as tears threaten to come out.  He is right. Either way I have to kill Lee Joon at the end. I thought about all the laughs we shared not that long ago. I thought about when he smiles his face turns to that of a child. Even his uptight attitude and gentleman manner that I have grown to like.  I felt my lips tug up in a sad smile as I looked down.

                “Alex? You ok?” Onew asked bringing me out of my thoughts. I looked up at everyone to see them staring at me with a worried expression except Kris. Her blue eyes stared at me with sadness as she seemed to just know something.

                “Yeah. Sorry. But like I was saying I searched around his apartment to find a file folder.  The folder didn’t have much in it which surprised me. And on top of that it wasn’t hard to find. I thought it was suspicious but I let it pass and resumed examining the file. ” I continued ignoring my thoughts completely about Lee Joon.

                “Do you think he did it on purpose? What did the file say?” Kris asked.

                “He can’t have done it on purpose he doesn’t know I am an agent.” I breathed out running a hand through my hair pushing it all back. I bit my bottom lip in concentration looking down at the white tiled kitchen floor. “He doesn’t know. I made sure I was careful there is no way for he to know. The file had the accounts we found on Jr’s file. Also information on our agency’s activities for the past few months. That is all it contained it wasn’t enough, but it was something.”

                “The South Korean agency might have seen the bank accounts sending money to Jr and the autopsy report from Russia. Alex you need to be careful Lee Joon may be onto you. He may have been sent here to go after you then the agency. Most likely wanting to stop the corruption.” Yoochun thought out loud. His dark eyes held a dangerous glint as he stared at me. I stared back at him not able to take my eyes away from his hard gaze. “You have to kill him before it’s too late.”

                I hesitantly nodded my head at him as I bit my lip ignoring the feeling deep inside that was urging me that it was wrong to do so. I felt Kris’s eyes on me the whole time as we all continued to talk the rest of the afternoon about actions to take. Kris and I let the guys know about our suspicions about Eva making sure they take extra precaution around the Twinkie.  With the Russia mission two days away and the Annual games tomorrow we have no more time to waste. Yoochun and Junsu told me that they will find out what they can from the South Korean agency while we were away. Jaejoong said that he will keep an eye on Lee Joon to make sure he won’t do anything suspicious.  We made preparations silently for Russia under the radar while I assured them that I told Lee Joon that I would be gone abroad on a business trip.  The only person that could stand in my way from finding my answers is Jr. But when have I ever let that stop me.

                So here I am in the middle of the night sitting outside looking up at the stars with my feet inside Jaejoong’s lit up pool in his backyard. Everyone inside is already asleep saving up their energy for tomorrow’s battle. Me? I couldn’t sleep so I went out here to watch the stars and hear the crickets. I felt the wind blow around softly moving my hair. My mind going back to what Yoochun said to me earlier today. ‘You have to kill him before it’s too late.’. My throat clench just at the thought of killing Lee Joon. Why can’t I seem to put myself to do it? He is my target! This is just a mission.

                “Can’t sleep either?”  Snapping out of my thoughts I turned my head to see Kris walking towards me with a soft smile gracing her porcelain face.  I just let out a nod as I watch her sit next to me on the concrete putting her feet in the water also. She leaned back on her hands looking up letting out a sigh. “Me either. I guess I am nervous about tomorrow.”

                “Nervous about what? I should be nervous I haven’t been Annual games for a while.” I joked bumping my shoulder against hers. Kris let out a soft laugh.

                “Yeah, but don’t worry everyone there would be too busy freaking out by the fact that you’re there to notice you are nervous. Anyways you are the top agent in the agency you have nothing to worry about. We will be there for you.”

                “Thanks.” I said smiling at her. Kris looked at me with a smile. Her red hair shined against the lights. I used to be always jealous of her perfect hair. It never frizzes or even dries unlike mine. My curls have a mind of its own some days it loves me some days it doesn’t.  “So they will freak out?”             

“Oh yeah! For sure. It will be like Godzilla. When they see you they will run screaming hoping someone will save them.” Kris laughed loudly at her own joke. “Ahhhh! Alex is here!!”  She shrieked out in a fake girly voice.

                “Are you comparing me to a giant lizard?” I yelled out offended. Kris shook her head as she continued to laugh. I am nothing like a lizard.

                “No I am just saying the situation would be like that.” She continued to laugh. I shook my head at her letting out a sigh. Why are my friends so weird? But honestly I wouldn’t have them any other way.

                “No it won’t. They would get nervous yeah, but I know everyone there would see me and see a challenge. The top agent is there so it’s their chance to challenge me and take me down.” Kris immediately stopped laughing and looked at me in shock. I let out a sigh as I looked up at the sky thinking about everything going on. “It seems like it is what everyone wants to do now.”

                “You know that’s not true. Everyone in the agency hold so much respect for you to the point they fear you. You hold so much power at the agency and you don’t even notice it.” Kris breathed out sincerely looking at me. I looked at her from the corner of my eye.  “No one is out to get you and if they do they have to go through Me, Onew, Jaejoong, Yoochun, and Junsu. Okay.”

                “You guys can’t always protect me.” I breathed out sadly. I look back down at the water at my refection. My hair is cascading down around my face as I looked at myself with upset eyes as I remember Jongup. “I wouldn’t want you guys to. I can’t have anyone getting hurt for me. I wouldn’t be able to live with myself if someone else I love gets hurt for me.” I admitted. The atmosphere around us immediately turning serious and tense.

                “Alex, No matter what you say there will always be someone to protect you. I know how you feel about that since Jongup, but you need to know we can’t have you risk you life either. We all love you so much that we would do anything to protect you. I know how you feel about us all being involved in this knowing it’s very dangerous for us, but we want to do this. No matter what you tell us we will be with you on this till the end.” Kris spoke out softly touching my shoulder making me look at her. I have known for a while that she and Onew know about Jongup. I remembered everything I did at that night in Paris. And she knew I know. Jyj has known for a while since they are my seniors in the agency. I felt my throat clench as tears went down my face. “We love seeing the headstrong, stubborn , and hot tempered Agent that always brings a smile into our faces. We all hate seeing you upset and depressed. We will kick anyone’s that made you upset.”

                “Thanks Kris.” I sniffed loudly as I wiped the tears from my eyes. Kris looked at me with a soft smile chuckling to herself. “What?” I asked in confusion.

                “Nothing. Just this is the first time I have ever seen you cry while you’re sober and frankly you look really ugly.” She teased.

                “Shut up.” I retorted pushing her softly. She laughed at me making me smile. Although she treats me like a child she is the best friend anyone can ask for. She always seems to know what’s wrong with me and what to say to make me feel better. “You’re just jealous cause I am drop dead y.” I stuck my tongue out at her.

                “Oh yeah that’s it. Oh great Alex. I want to look just like you please bless me with your looks so I may find a man to marry and have offsprings.” She joked dramatically. I scrunched my face with disgust.

                “You’ve been hanging out with Onew to much.” I commented. Kris agreed as she laughed to herself.

                “So are you gonna tell me why you can’t sleep or not?” She finally asked after much silence between us. I sighed heavily not wanting to tell her. “I saw your face when Yoochun told you that you have to kill Lee Joon before it’s too late. You can’t hide anything from me, Alex, and you know that so might as well tell me.”

                “What you want me to tell you? That I don’t like the fact I have to kill him.”

                “You have-“

                “I know I have to, but I …I can’t” I said cutting her off. Kris stared at me in shock at my confession as I looked up at the sky. The moon and stars shining above us.

                “Have you developed feelings for him, Alex?”

                “I don’t know.” I admitted. “When I first met him all I thought he was a target. I have to kill him when I am done. He annoyed the living daylights out of me with his professional way of talking. But during the past week I got to know him better. The way he seemed to care about every little thing about me. On how he seems to know how to calm me down when my temper snaps. It just doesn’t feel right to kill him, Kris. Something tells me in the pit of my stomach that I shouldn’t.”

                “Alex..You heard Yoochun earlier. Lee Joon could be onto you. It’s just a lie to get close to you, Alex. You have to kill him before he kills you.” She warned. I frowned at her words not liking the truth in them. She is right and I hate that.

                “It doesn’t feel like it, Kris.”

                “Stop it.” She demanded glaring at me. “You can’t do this, Alex. You can’t have feelings for your target. It’s all a lie. Everything out of his mouth is a LIE you understand? I know you want to fill the hole in your heart that Jongup left when he died, but not like this. Not with him. Please stop this. I don’t want to see you get to attached and hurt like last time. Or even worse killed because of this feeling you have.” I stared back at Kris in sadness. Yet again she is right like always. “I know he makes you happy I have seen it, but it’s a Lie. He doesn’t feel anything for you. Stop all this before it gets you killed, Understand!”  I gave up as I nodded at her in agreement. “Now I’m gonna go to bed. You should too. We have a big day tomorrow for after the games we go straight to Russia.” Kris breathed out pulling her feet out of the water. She stood up dusting her bottom as she made her way back inside the house. “You coming?”

                “Yeah I’ll be right there.”  She nodded at me once before she stepped inside the house leaving me out alone to my thoughts.

                She is right. I need to stop this. I need to stop thinking about him. I need to stop smiling whenever I hear his voice. I need to stop getting attached. It will only get me killed. His smiling face immediately popped into my head. His dark eyes shined with happiness as he looked at me with care. It was the same face Jongup used to give me all the time. The face saying I was the only person for him. I groaned out in frustration as I shook my head back and forth wanting to wipe that thought away. It’s a Lie. It’s all a lie. I kept thinking to myself as tears went down my eyes softly. I can’t move on to him. He is my target.

Everything is a lie.

I have  to kill him before he kills me.

_________________________________________________________________________________

So what do you guys think? Alex is starting to have feelings for Lee Joon letting him fill the whole in her heart, but Kris immediately crushed it with the truth of her situation. 

I was thinking for next chapter to have Lee Joon's point of view or just start with the Annual games with Alex. What do you think? Or maybe both of them? Interesting right?? haha.

Well Like, Vote, Comment....Opinions are welcomed. Let me know. :)