22: Her sorrow

Spy My Heart

Alex Point of View (Yay! I missed Alex!)

                “Are you sure?” I said in a hurry into the Bluetooth ear piece in my ear. I sped through my place loading weapons on me. 

                “Yes! I’m sure you, Idiot!” Hyori’s voice hissed through in other line in anger. I rolled my eyes as I put the knives in my boot. I got up and went towards my dining table grabbing my pistols making sure they were fully loaded. “What’s the status on Lee Joon?” I immediately stopped what I was doing freezing in place.

                I had to tell her I saw Lee Joon here not that long ago. She didn’t take it well. Hyori thinks he is here to finish the job and so do I. I mean why else would he be here in Russia? How did he even know I was here? I couldn’t be a coincidence because when I saw him in the street I saw how he looked at me. Relieved almost as if he has been searching for me for years. But that is impossible. He can't have any sort of feelings for me. Immediately I felt sadness overcome me. Kris was right. This is just a mission. I can't have Lee Joon fill the hole in my heart that Jongup left. To him I am just a mission nothing else. 

                I froze as I thought about when I ran away from him. He saw it. He saw the scar. I slowly lifted my hand to my neck feeling the large Z shaped scar. The scar those bastard Zmeya branded me with to give them information. Like I know . I glared at nothing in particular as I recalled the tortures they gave me. They thought I had something to do with their leader’s disappearance. Bull. Like I had anything to do with it.

                How they got me? I will tell you. I let them catch me.

                 I know what you are thinking how I can let them capture me. Easy. I went to their main hideout gun blazing demanding for their leader. Idiots. If I go in there asking for their leader how the hell would I know where he is? I swear people get more stupid as time passes. Well after killing at least ten of their members one genius finally hit me in the back of the head knocking me out. They are completely useless without their leader. I woke up tied to a chair 3 of them arguing in front of me. I waited patiently for them to finish their fit thinking of a plan. See the reason I went in there was to see where they last seen their leader and find out what they know. Wasn't the best plan but I say it. I'm already a dead woman might as well go all out.

                When the 3 musketeers finally stopped arguing they demanded for me to tell them where their leader is. They remembered me from 2 years ago when their leader captured me. They said I took their leader as pay back. How did I answer back? Well in the Alex Night fashion. Lots of sarcasm and comments on how they should kiss my . Which lead to them getting angry and branding my neck.

                Let me tell you that hurt like a ! And it was not part of the plan. I realized at that moment I was a for not thinking things through. But by some miracle I escaped. I don't even know myself. One minute I beat the out of the musketeers in the room the next minute the door busted open, but no one was there. After finishing off the musketeers, which wasn't pretty, I walked out to see everyone dead or knocked out. I was able to walk out calmly and really confused. It wasn't the first time it happened to me.

                You remember when I escaped from the American Agents at the airport hangar? Got shot in the hip by my bestest friend in the whole world. Also a bullet grazed my shoulder. I walked more like limped away from danger to only pass out inside an apartment building. I remember hearing a familiar voice asking me what I was doing there. The voice sounded so much like Jongup, but I knew that was impossible. Well when I finally woke up I was well in my safe house. My wounds were cleaned and bandaged up. No note. Nothing. I still don't know who helped me, but I have a strong feeling it was the person who helped me escape the Zmeya. I don't know it's just a feeling.

                "Hello?" Hyori practically yelled snapping me out of my daze.

                "Oh sorry, Hyori. Did you say something?" I breathed shaking my head. I went back to loading my pistols on its holders on my thighs.

                "Alex! This is not the time to be in a daze! You have to do and on top of that you are being hunted like a dog by the Agency."

                "Okay! Okay! Damn chill! I know!"

                "Good now the package should arrive there tomorrow. Be aware for a kid in red."

                "A kid?"

                "Yes! You idiot a kid!" She hissed in anger. I rolled my eyes not liking her attitude. I grabbed my dagger putting my finger on the blade making sure it was sharp enough.  "About Lee Joon? You never answered me?"

                "I don't know. I lost him in the alley when I ran away." I breathed out. I put the dagger in its holder with ease. I ran a hand through my now red short hair. My hand no longer getting stuck in curls now it went smoothly down without interruptions. "I haven't seen him since then and it's been about a day or two."

                "Well be careful. You know he is there for one thing and one thing only." She warned. I can hear the concern in her voice.

                "I know. Any news on Zelo?”

                "He is still in the hospital. He suffered a concussion and couple broken ribs from the fall. He is a little slow. The doctors believe that he had slight brain damage. They say it’s a miracle that he is alive.” I nodded taking in what she said. Letting out a sigh of relief that he was alive. When all this is over I am going to make it up to him and B.A.P. “As for Eva the doctors said she can never do field work again. Apparently when you stabbed her you hit some nerves. One of her arms is completely paralyzed. Also when you stabbed her hip you did some permanent damage so she has a limp still. She will need a lot of physical therapy. There are a lot of other stuff, but I know you don’t care.”

“I don’t the deserved everything she got!” I snarled.

” Any leads on the leader."

                "Yeah! I found out from one of the gang members that he was last seen near an abandoned apartment building. His body was dragged there unconscious by a masked man."

                "Why didn't the gang member do anything?"

                "I don't know! I killed him before I can grill him more. He pissed me off." I growled.

                 I looked around the room to make sure I wasn't forgetting anything. If you didn't guess by now I am going to the abandoned apartment building to check it out. Chances are that he is still there.

                "Remember what I told you earlier." Hyori warned. "Please be careful. I know you are the best agent in the Bureau, but Jr is getting desperate to get you."

                "We knew he would get like that. You even told me earlier that he is here in Russia." I breathed out.

                We were right. Jr is focusing all his attention in searching for me. I looked around my small safe house. Soon this won't be safe.  I have to move to the next house a couple miles away. But that safe house is right next to the Kremlin. From what Hyori told me Jr just landed in Russia today. He left Hyori in charge over there trusting her completely not knowing she is on my side. Two days ago she retrieved the documents from Jr's office. She told me there is more to this than just Jongup and I's mission. Saying it was worse. That Jr has to be taken down. Immediately.

                "You don't understand, Alex! I am afraid he is going to hire North Korean assassins to get you." Hyori let out in worry.

                 I immediately froze in fear. A shiver running through my body as cold sweat seemed to go down my forehead. North Korean assassins? They are lethal. I remember having a mission 6 months ago to kill one and I barely made it out alive. They are just as good as me if not better. If Jr recruits them then I am in serious .

                "Hyori! Don't tell me Jr has been secretly on North Koreans side?" I spoke. I stared at the only window in the room as if someone is going to jump through. I need to find another safe house now. I went around the room making sure there was no trace that I was ever there.

                "It's worse than that. I'm afraid that the Russian plans are for them. They are planning something huge. We need to stop them before it's too late."

                "Then I better speed things up." I breathed out. I grabbed the tank of gas that I kept around for emergencies and poured it around the apartment. When it was empty I threw the tank to the side. I went to the door of the safe house opening it and stepping outside. With one last look I lit up a match throwing it in lighting the safe house on fire burning everything in it. I watched the fire crackle and blaze to life. The heat hitting my face. Not wasting more time I turned leaving before it blew up. "Tell Kris the safe house is gone." I simply breathed into the Bluetooth once I got outside safety just when the loud kaboom of the apartment blew up.

                The whole building seemed to catch in fire while bystanders screamed in horror. Taking out the encrypted phone I was using to talk to Hyori I hanged up on her before she can say another word. I kept walking on the sidewalk calmly as everyone seemed to run towards the burning building watching in horror as they called the firefighters of Russia. I took off the Bluetooth ear piece throwing it on the road letting a car run it over smashing it to a million pieces. Then I opened the phone throwing the back cover to the side and taking out the battery.

                If Jr gets North Koreans involved in this then even my encrypted phone won't be safe. I have to get rid of it. Taking out the sim card I put in a street trashcan unnoticed as I passed by it. Lastly I threw the phone in the street just as the fire truck passed by. Putting up my black hood to cover hair and part of my hair I kept walking with my hands in my pocket looking down. I continued towards the abandoned apartment building where the Zmeya leader was last seen.

                 After for what seemed like hours of walking in the cold winter morning I finally reached my destination. I stared up at the rundown, unkept, abandoned apartment building with determination. He better be here. Him and the person who took him. They better be there for not only am I going to torture that bastard leader for what he did to Jongup, but I am also going to beat the out of the guy that took him. No one takes my target without me knowing.

                I felt my blood boil as I continued to glare at the building. Anger towards the Zmeya leader for what he put me through. Anger for what Jr is putting me through. Even anger towards the bastard that kidnapped the leader before I did. I was about to take a step forward towards the building, but I was stopped when I saw a familiar blonde.

                Daesung, Lee Joon's neighbor and an Agent at the South Korean Bureau. I am not stupid I knew he was an Agent since I first met him. He couldn't pull off the gay best friend act at all. I stared at Daesung in anger and shock as he walked into the building with bags on his hands. If he is here then so is Lee Joon. I growled in rage. Lee Joon must have had Daesung capture the Zmeya leader to lure me to Russia alone. He wants to finish the job that bad.

                "Fine. I can kill two birds with one stone." I muttered to myself darkly. Pulling out my pistol I walk in the building. I scanned the dark lobby for any traps then followed behind a walking oblivious Daesung, who was singing to himself. I walked behind him quiet as a ghost once I got close enough I grabbed his shoulder forcing him to stop while I had the gun on his back. "Where is he, Daesung?" I growled.

                Daesung's body stiffened and before I knew it he let out the loudest shrill scream I ever heard. The bags in his hand dropped to the floor the contents of it spattering all over the floor. He turned around towards me in lightning speed kicking me in the stomach roughly. My air knocked out of me as I stumbled back trying to regain my footing. I bent down clutching my stomach as I breathed heavily. Hearing him let out a gasp I snapped my eyes up towards him furiously. I'm going to kill him.

                "Oh ! Alex!" He gasped in shock and with that he ran away. That bastard. Ignoring the bruised feeling on my stomach I tucked my pistol back into its holder and ran after him. "Stop chasing me!" He screeched as he ran through the halls with me hot on his trail.

                "Then stop running!" I yelled.

                "No! You will kill me!" He retorted. He rounded a corner disappearing from me slightly. I cursed under my breath as I picked up the pace. "Hyung! Hyung! Jongup!"

                I stopped slightly breathing heavily as I heard him continue to scream. Why would he scream Jongup? He doesn't know him. That is impossible. I shook my head furiously. No this has to be in my head. Being in Russia is getting to me. I need to focus on that pain the blonde. I can't think about Jongup.

                "We are over here!" I heard Lee Joon's voice yell back to Daesung. We? Whose we? It has to be the Zmeya leader or even back up. No Lee Joon doesn't seem like the type to bring back up on his mission. It has to be the Leader. Are they working together?

                "Hyung! She's here! She's here!" Daesung yelled frantically.

                I took that as my queue to show myself. I tried to contain my rage as I walked out to come face to face with Lee Joon. I watched in anger as he pulled out his gun and starting shooting at me. I dodged the bullets while I took out my pistol shooting back at him. So it is true. He is here to finish his mission. I felt my heartbreak a tear escaping down my cheek. I growled in anger at myself. I can't show him . I wiped the tear and continued to shoot the bastard.

                "Hyung! Don't shot her!" Daesung yelled above the firing of our weapons.

                Seeing Lee Joon slightly distracted I ran opening and going to a room two doors away from them. Slamming the door behind me I can slightly hear the argument they are having. I looked around the rundown apartment room in disgust. Spider webs hanging on the ceiling in every corner. Roaches running everywhere as I stepped closer in the room. Dust filled the air as the smell of animal filled the room. Rats must live in this building. I walked towards the broken window knowing that this building had fire escapes. I took out my pistol using it to continue to break the glass enough so I can step through.

                Once outside I turned to the right two broken windows down at my destination. Clutching the pistol tighter in my hands I walked forward towards the window. Slamming my feet first through the glass it broke easily as I jumped in. My hood fell off my head revealing my red hair and my angered expression. But the anger faded as I saw him. He seemed to not notice me. I stared in shock at Lee Joon then Daesung then my eyes landed on him. He wasn't the Zmeya leader. I felt my heart immediately go on turbo as tears threaten to escape. My chest clenched in fear. Before I could take a longer look at him Daesung took action.

                "Noooo!" Daesung screeched shoving him under his shirt.

                Daesung hid him under his shirt. I can see his arms and legs flailing in every direction as he tried to push Daesung away, but Daesung just held him tighter. Daesung's brown eyes stared at me like a deer caught in headlights. But I wasn't focused on that. My eyes were focused on the man under his shirt hiding away from me. It can't be. This is impossible. He is dead. This can't be true.

                "What the !" I heard him yell in anger. His husky voice. It's him. It can't be. No. He is dead. It can't be him. It can't be.

                I look at Lee Joon in disbelief almost begging him to tell me I am seeing things tell me this is all a lie. But it's not. I can tell from the shock in his face and the fear in Daesung's eyes. My body shook furiously as I kept trying to keep the sobs that want to come out in. This can't be real. He is dead. I stared back at him still under Jongup's shirt struggling to get out.

                "Alex." Lee Joon breathed out in concern.

                 I snapped my eyes up at him still shaking furiously. It can't be. He can't be here. It is all in my head. Please let this all be in my head. Oh God. Please. Out of the corner of my eye I can see the man under Daesung's shirt stop struggling as if confirming my fears. I instantly felt as if something exploded inside me. Dropping the gun I shook my head in disbelief this is a lie. I felt anger as well as sadness course through my body he can't be there. Taking a step away from them I continued to shake my head in disbelief. If it is true and he is alive. Why did he leave me alone?

                And with that thought my body gave up in holding my tears. I let out a loud sob my hand covering my mouth. I still shook my head at them. No. No that can't be him. He is dead. He died protecting me. He kissed me goodbye two years ago before he threw me out the window. I heard all the gun shots. I saw his body fall down. I cleaned out our apartment alone. I saw the engagement ring. I cried for weeks. Tears continued to fall. I felt the strength on my legs give up making me fall to my knees on the floor. I cried heavily as I used my hands pressing them against my eyes. No this is not true. This is a dream. This isn't real. He isn't really there. He is dead.

                "Alex?" I heard his voice whisper out calmly. I look up towards the voice to see him taking careful steps towards me. I kept crying as I stared at him shaking my head. This is a lie. But it is him. Except for the scar over his eye. My eyes widen in shock. The same eye that the Zmeya leader hit. I remember it was bleeding heavily at that time. "Alex." He bent down to my level right in front of me.

                "Y-you're dead?" I choked out. I felt anger course through me seeing him so close to me. Without thinking I moved a shaking hand to my dagger pulling it out pressing it to his throat. It was still shaking heavily. "You're dead!" I cried out. His brown eyes stared back at me in grief. He was still as I pressed the dagger tighter to his throat. "You're dead! I saw your body fall. I heard the gun shots. No one could have survived that." I sobbed shaking my hand.

                "I know. I know, Alex." He breathed out calmly. I watched his hand move closer to my hand holding the dagger. I clenched my teeth in anger.

                "No! No! You Don't! You don't know anything!" I wept. "You are dead! I cried for days. I was depressed. I was haunted!"

                "I know, Alex." He repeated. I felt his warm hand land over my hand the grip on my dagger loosened slightly. My eyes widen in shock as I stared at our hands then at him. He is real?

                "You're not dead?" I whispered. Jongup shook his head. I felt him move my hand containing the dagger down to my side. I stared at him in sorrow. My chest seemed to clench completely in pain. "I found the ring." I choked out just before I burst into a new set of tears.

                I felt Jongup's arms surround me as he pulled me to his chest. I sobbed louder into his chest I let my free hand lift to his back clutching him tightly as I held on to him tighter. Terrified he might disappear. Petrified that he will leave me again. Fearful that this isn't real. I continued to sob repeating over and over how he left me alone. His arms tightened around me. 

                "I know. I'm so sorry." I kept hearing him repeat out loud while I sobbed into his chest for what seemed like hours.

                We forgot about everything around us. All the problems that aroused. We just focused on each other. Him reassuring me that he is alive. Telling me repeatedly that he is sorry. Me sobbing more than I have ever in my life telling him he left me alone. We were in our own world.

                Just the two of us no one else.  

Lee Joon Point of view (cause you know we can’t have this emotionally scene without knowing what he is thinking J)

                I watched in silence as she clutched Jongup tightly sobbing into his chest. The atmosphere around them seemed personal as if no one can enter. My chest clenched in fear and sorrow. I could feel my heart breaking slowly. I couldn’t take my eyes off of them. Is this her choice? Do I not have a chance? He clearly still loves her and she loves him. Should I just give up? Leave her? After I told Jongup not long ago that I will fight for her. What has happened to all the confidence I had earlier?  Do I still have a chance?  

                “We should give them privacy.” Daesung whispered to me as his hand came softly down on my shoulder.

Without taking my eyes off of them I slowly nodded letting Daesung lead me away from them. Alex always seemed so strong. She seemed like she never let anything hurt her, but here she is sobbing like a child clutching onto the man she believed was dead. I feel as if I have no right to intervene in their relationship. As if I should let them continue where they left off. But I also feel that I can’t let them. That they can’t continue where they left off. Not only because I don’t not want it to happen, but also because Alex won’t let it. I shook my head letting out a heavy breath. I am conflicted. Anger, grief, and a sense of defeat seem to overcome me. I never felt like this before. I don’t know what to do.

Hoping for a distraction I focused on the Russian gang leader currently breathing heavily covered in wounds.  Vadim’s eyes stared at Alex and Jongup darkly an evil glint shining. I glared at him knowing he is planning something for them.

“Don’t even think about it!” I snarled at him. Vadim turned his head towards me with a sadistic smile.

“It must hurt.” He said. “You never had her. You are not in her heart. He is.”

 I growled at him letting his words get to me. I fisted my hands at my sides glaring at him. I know that. I know I lost her. I know he occupies most of her heart. I don’t need to be told by this bastard. Before I could even make a reply I felt Daesung’s hand on my shoulder again. I turned my head towards him to see him shaking his head.

“He is not worth it man. Jongup already messed him up really bad. He is just saying that to get at least some upper hand.” Daesung said. I nodded in agreement. He is right. We walked towards the corner away from Vadim, but still watching him and the scene in front of us.  I can still hear Alex’s wails on the other side of the room as Jongup kept whispering to her his apologies. “You know it’s not true.”

“What’s not true?” I muttered still staring at Alex and Jongup. She seems to be calming down now. They are talking softly to each other.

“Hyung. You are in her heart also.” Daesung breathed out. I shook my head in disagreement. I am not. Just looking at them I know. From hear I could see almost instantly anger flare in Alex’s eyes. I knew that was bound to come. She is yelling at him as he just sat there listening to her. I watched as she lifted her hand and slapped him in the face a new set of tears going down. Jongup tried to hug her again, but she resisted this time yelling at him. “Yes you are. Try to understand her. Jongup was a man she loved with all her heart. She thought he was dead. Right now is relieved he alive and pissed he kept it from her. She isn’t going to go instantly back to him. She needs time. You still have a fighting chance.”

“I believe I will still lose. Daesung he was going to propose to her. They used to be partners. Even looking at them now I can see they are made for each other.”

“Stop thinking that. If you keep thinking like that of course he is going to get her.” Daesung hissed. I turned towards him to see his eyes blazing with anger. “They might be made for each other, but so are you two. Opposites attract. From what I seen from Jongup I can tell his personality and Alex’s are almost the same except he is less crazy and not short tempered. Hyung! You need to fight for her. Don’t give up on someone who makes you happy just because an ex came into the picture. Let her just get used to this. This is all lot for her now. Remember she is going through a lot of . When this is all done then you and Jongup can fight for her.”

“You’re right.” I sighed. I ran my hand through my hair. “Jongup and I will wait till this is all over. We will hear her choice then. I shouldn’t give up on her just by seeing this. I don’t know what came over me. I guess I am afraid I might lose her.”               

“If you’re afraid then you should fight for her. Show her you are not going anywhere and that you are here to help her through this. Don’t give up because you don’t want to get hurt.”

“When did you become into such an expert in relationships?” Daesung let out a soft laugh.

“When you are as much as a player as I am you know a lot of things about women and relationships. Also I pretended to be gay one time to get a girl and I read a whole bunch of women’s magazines. I go all out for my roles.” Daesung shrugged. I smiled at him shaking my head no wonder he would always come to work with red marks on his face. He was slapped a lot when he would leave the women. “But then again I get slapped a lot so what do I know.” He laughed to himself his eye glazed over as if recalling a good memories. He then looked up towards Alex and Jongup. He let out a heavy breath. “What’s the plan now?”

“We wait for them to finish then we finish with him.” I said staring at Vadim. Vadim stared at Alex and Jongup with the same sadistic smile. He is planning something.