The Monster

Spy My Heart

Hey guys.. I just heard about Eunb from ladies code. I hope she may rest in peace and I pray for her family. Also I pray for Rise and Sojung to get better. My heart goes to Ladies Code. So I dedicate this chapter to them.

Chapter 23: The Monster

Kris Point of View (I feel you guys should know what’s going on with them)

                “You think they found her?” I heard Onew whisper in my ear as we continued to walk towards the airstrip.

I knew he was talking about Lee Joon. Who by the way was a pain in the to help escape when he came here. Now thinking about it. Daesung is a for sneaking Lee Joon to where we were at. I am still shocked that he shoved Lee Joon in his bag. But I can guess they were desperate. Onew and I were able to clear area for them to escape. Well mostly Onew. Sometimes I wonder how I am his partner. Onew simply ran to the other side yelling saying he sees Alex. He led them on a wild goose chase.

I hope Lee Joon found her. I am so worried about Alex. I regret shooting her, but I had no choice. If I didn’t do it then Onew and I would be questioned and possibly in prison. I can see Alex breaking us out just to kick our . But we wouldn’t add more stress to her. She is already going through enough. I had to do it. I had to shot her as proof we are not with her.

After Alex escaped we searched everywhere for her for 3 days straight. No resting just looking for her. We are still searching for her, but it is calmer now. Well for now.

 It was like she disappeared from the face of the Earth. I knew Alex was a great Agent, but not that great. She was hurt badly yet she disappeared. No sign at all. No trace. Hyori reassures me she is fine, but I think she is hiding something. Something happened to Alex and she won’t tell me. It kills me not knowing, but I know out of everyone Hyori will forever be loyal to Alex. She respects her skills.

                “I sure hope so. Now that He is here things are going to get 10x worse.” I muttered.

                Our Boss at the agency, Jr, is arriving today to take over on the search for Alex. At first the people in charge were Ailee and Jay Park. I guess Jr is not happy with the results and decided to take over himself. Which is surprising because that lazy hasn’t done any field work since he became Boss. To say that Onew and I are not on edge would be a lie. Onew was freaking out all morning. He kept thinking that Jr would see through our lie. Our lie that we tried to stop Alex’s escape. That we are not with her and are completely loyal to the agency. What bull that is. Hyori told us everything. You don’t know how bad I just want to shove my sniper up his and shoot the bastard. But I wouldn’t put my gun through that. It’s my baby.   

                I felt a smile spread on my face. I sounded just like Alex. But knowing her she wouldn’t just say it she would do it without hesitation. I miss her. Yes. I was extremely angry that she is doing this all alone, but I know she is doing this to protect us. Onew and I had a long talk about this. And of course, Onew set me straight. Sometimes that idiot is useful. He made a point telling me that she can’t lose more people like she lost Jongup. It would destroy her. I agreed. Jongup’s death devastated Alex completely. I wasn’t there when it happened, but Onew told me about it. It is almost horrifying of the things she did.

                Onew and I continued to the airstrip in silence. Occasionally stopping to acknowledge Agents that passed us. It seems like the whole Bureau is here. And the fact that Jr is coming today just shows how desperate he is. He left Hyori in charge of the Bureau without a second thought. Idiot! He doesn’t know she is with us. If she wasn’t over there now there is no doubt Hyori would come here looking for Alex to help her.

                “It’s like the whole Agency is here.” Onew commented. I turned to look at my partner nodding at him.

                “I was just thinking of the same thing. We need to be extra careful from now on.” I answered in a hushed tone.

                “I’m more worried about Alex. Even Lee Joon. If Jr finds out Alex’s target is here or even that he came here we are screwed.” I nodded in agreement. “I don’t get why Jr needs to see us there.”

                “He wants to make sure with his own eyes that we are not against him. That and to keep a close eye on us.”

                “He will want us to report everything we know.”

                “I know.” I breathed out.

 I went to open my mouth to say more, but I was quickly cut off by someone yelling our names. Onew and I stopped walking turning towards the source of the voice. What is he doing here? Our eyes widen in shock to see Jaejoong running towards us with a smile on his face waving like an idiot. I turned to my partner to see his eyes sparkle with excitement and before I can even scold him he was off. Here we go.

“Jaejoong!” Onew yelled running towards his friend. I shook my head trying to hold my smile as Onew jumped on Jaejoong giving him a hug. Ladies and Gentlemen my partner.

“Onew!” Jaejoong yelled back spinning Onew around. Many Agents stopped to stare at the two idiots with bewildered expressions.

“Will you two cut it out you look like a gay couple. People are staring.” I hissed once I reached them. Jaejoong immediately let go of Onew then wrapped his arms around me for a hug. I hugged him back rolling my eyes at his antics.

“The only reason they are staring is because they are jealous.” Jaejoong commented pulling away from me. A wide smile on his face. I shook my head at him.

“Yeah! They are jealous because they can’t be as good looking as us.” Onew yelled slinging his arm on Jaejoong’s shoulder. Onew stared at every Agent glaring as they stared. “Anyways what are you doing here, man? Weren’t you supposed to babysit?”

“Yeah well. I got kicked out.” Jaejoong let out sheeplishly. I watched as he used his free hand to rub the back of his head refusing to look at us. Onew and I looked at him with wide eyes before we broke out laughing. Of course, Alex’s mom will kick him out. That woman was stubborn. I don’t even know why Alex would ask him to watch over her family. “First, she kept asking me why I was there so much. Then she asked if Alex was at a Photoshoot in some other country and asked me to make sure if she was fine. Then she kept scolding me. She even hit me when I told her I would be her son in law soon and give her great looking grandkids. I mean what mom doesn’t want that. I am a catch. Her daughter would be lucky to have me. Finally she kicked me out saying I am a pain in the .”

“Jaejoong. You know how she is. Remember like mother like daughter.” I breathed out finally calming down. I can see Alex’s mom do that. We would always go with Alex for holidays because Alex doesn’t want to be alone with her. Her mom would bring up Jongup to much. We would distract her mom from questioning Alex. Her mom knew Jongup passed away, but she doesn’t believe in the car crash story says that’s the biggest bull she ever heard. Like I said like mother like daughter. Well like I was saying her mom doesn’t really like Jaejoong. She finds him to be a coincident prick who just wants to get in Alex’s pants. “What about her brother and sister?”

“Don’t get me started.” Jaejoong breathed out. He let out a shiver of terror. Onew and I let out another laugh understanding him completely. “Brother’s kids attacked me. I swear they are demon spawns they are like miniature versions of their Aunt. It’s freaky how much they are like her.” Jaejoong shivered again. “Then Sister practically attacks me when I went to check on her. Telling me some delusional stuff on how she knew I wanted her not her sister.  She is crazy.”

“It’s your fault she is like that. You slept with her when you first met her.” Onew laughed. Jaejoong immediately pulled away from his best friend with a betrayed look.

 “I thought she was going to be like Butterfly.” Jaejoong let out using his codename for Alex. In case of emergencies we each made a code name for each other that only we as a group know. Sadly I am Emma stone which I don’t even understand why. Onew is Chicken. The idiot insisted on it. Alex is butterfly. Jaejoong made her keep that one saying it suited her. Junsu is Dracula and Yoochun is Prince. “You know play hard to get so I can work for it. But no she just took the bait. A man’s got needs so of course I finished the job.”

“You should have controlled your needs and stopped yourself.”

“It’s not my fault God made me a god!”

“Oh god! I think I just threw up in my mouth.” Onew complained. Jaejoong let out a laugh punching him in the arm. “Who is with them?”

“Junsu has got it covered. You know they love Junsu.” Jaejoong answered annoyed. Onew and I nodded knowing that is true. We never knew why, but Alex’s mom loved Junsu more than all of us. If she could choose. She would choose Junsu to set up with her daughter. She tried to also which led to Alex arguing with her. “How is everything here?”

“Hectic. Ever since Alex escaped everyone is desperate to find her and capture her. We have Agents scattered around Russia to find any sign of her. When one even gets a whiff of her everyone seems to go to the spot, but she just disappears. She is like a freaking ghost.”

“It was no better back in the States. When Jr was there he had every computer genius in the Bureau trying to find her using the satellites. Every day that passed by with no results he seemed to be getting more desperate.  He stuck Agents near her family’s home. One even broke into her mom’s house.” Jaejoong sighed running a hand through his hair. Onew and I looked at him in shock. “They were taken care of.” He finally let out in a hushed tone so we can only hear.

Alex suspected that Jr would go after her family, but I didn’t want to believe it. I mean this is the American Agency. We are known for taking , but not giving it. I turned towards Onew with a serious expression seeing his face mirroring mine. He was thinking the same thing. I looked around us to still see Agents passing us without a care. We need to get to some place more private. We don’t know who is listening here. As if reading my thoughts Onew motioned for us to follow him. Jaejoong and I nodded instantly following my partner back to our room.  We walked normally talking about random things until we got there. Once inside we closed the door behind us.

“No word from her yet?” Jaejoong asked after the long silence.

“No.” I let out in a moan as I dropped myself on the couch. “It’s driving me crazy.”

“Yeah I heard about you shooting her. Was that necessary?”

“Yes! She insisted telling me to do it before she escaped.” Jaejoong looked at me in shock while he sat down on the couch across from me. He shook his head.

“Why am I not surprised. She is going to kill us one of these days.” He breathed out chuckling to himself. Onew walked to stand behind the couch I laid on. Resting his hands on the back rest he leaned forward.

“Did Hyori tell you?” Onew asked. Jaejoong immediately got serious staring at Onew with a piercing stare.

“Who do you think found most of the information she told you? Junsu finally broke through Jr’s firewall. He knows every dirty little secret that bastard had. When Junsu saw it he immediately told Hyori to do something to let Alex.” Jaejoong let out. “Speaking of Junsu.” I watched as Jaejoong went to his back pocket of his dark jeans taking out his cell phone. “I’ve been trying to reach him lately. Have you guys talked to him lately?”

“No. He is not answering his phone?” Jaejoong shook his head.

“Nope. That bastard is probably getting spoiled to death by Alex’s mom. She is most likely telling him what ring to pick out for Alex. I called for dibs on her.” He yelled. Onew and I rolled our eyes shaking our heads. Idiot.

“No one has dibs on her, .” I hissed. Jaejoong just shrugged. “You should call Yoochun to check on him. It’s not like Junsu to not answer his phone even if it is to someone as annoying as you.”

“Hey! I am not annoying. I help everyone out.” Jaejoong argued. “Who was the one that told Lee Joon to come here? That was me! Do I get a thanks for that! Noo! All I get is ‘Jaejoong you’re a pain in the ’.”

Onew and I immediately froze staring at a pouting Jaejoong in shock. That idiot! He was the one that sent Lee Joon here. How does he even know Lee Joon? Wait. He used to be in the South Korean CIA. I immediately slapped my hand to my forehead. Of course. Why didn’t anyone think of that?

“You idiot!” Onew breathed out glaring at Jaejoong. “How do you that Lee Joon wasn’t out to kill Alex?” He’s right. Jaejoong could have made Alex’s problems worse.

“First, I have known Lee Joon for years I used to be close with his older brother, Rain. Second, Lee Joon called me first demanding to know where Alex is because he is worried sick about her. Third, I tested him to see if he really was going there to help her.” Jaejoong breathed out leaning back on his couch. He gave us a ‘duh’ look. Onew and I looked at each other than at him.

“You tested him?” I questioned. Jaejoong immediately nodded feeling proud of himself. “What kind of test?”

“Oh a standard test on what their positions were then where are all Alex’s tattoos and what are they. I knew she was hiding from us.“

“You erted idiot!” Onew and I yelled out at the same time moving to go hit him. Jaejoong let out a yell blocking his face from us. Just when we were about to hit him there was a heavy knock on the door stopping us completely.

“Agent Onew. Agent Kris. The Boss would like to see you immediately.” A woman’s voice spoke from the other side of the closed door.

 Onew and I froze in slight fear as we stared at each other. Did she hear everything or did she just come. We looked back at Jaejoong to see him holding a finger over his lips then nodding towards the door. I let out a shaky breath. It’s time to face Jr. To lie straight to his face. To show we are loyal to him. I felt a warm hand encircle mine holding it tightly. I looked up to see Onew smiling at me almost reassuring me that we will be fine. He is right. We will be fine. We are professional Agents we make a living off of lying. This is no big deal. Anyways this bastard will be taken down soon. Alex will take him down.

Onew walked towards the door opening it slowly revealing Bora from the Sistar division. Her long dark red hair tied up in a high pony tail. She had two pistols strapped to her thighs. A small smile on her face.

“It’s been awhile how have you guys been?” She asked.

“Good how about yourself?” I asked. I turned back to look in the room to see it empty. Jaejoong probably went to hide in the bedroom.

“Don’t want to be here. Honestly speaking I think this is pointless. We are chasing a ghost here.” Bora laughed motioning for us to follow. Onew closed the door behind us then we set off. We walked down the hall towards the elevator. “I mean Alex is the top agent in the Bureau for a reason. I think if she wants to be found she will let us catch her.” Bora breathed out as we stepped into the elevator. She pressed the basement button and continued to talk. The elevator jerked slightly as it moved to go slowly down. We were on the 3rd floor. Onew looked at me with a begging gaze as if I could shut her up. “I mean how the hell does he expect us to catch her when she escaped from like 20 Agents in an open airstrip. Plus she was shot on the hip and arm. Still she just poof disappears.”

“Yeah.” Onew let out in monotone. He looked at her annoyed, but Bora just smiled and kept talking. I let out a soft laugh shaking my head.

“I mean I was talking to Soyu the other day and she told me her and Dasum had to cancel their vacation in Spain because Jr called saying he wants all Agents in Russia. The only Agents staying the states are the Trainees and a couple others. I mean why couldn’t I stay. I don’t even get why I am here. I am like his personal secretary getting a latte here and there. He even asked me to get him toilet paper when the bathroom ran out. I wanted to stab him.” Bora ranted not even taking a breath. She then let out a gasp at her last words. “I didn’t say that!”

“I know who I want to stab!” Onew mumbled rubbing his head. I quickly smacked him on the arm earning a glare.

“Your secret is safe with us, Bora.” I breathed out.

Just then the elevator doors opened revealing Agents walking into different rooms talking to themselves carrying papers. We followed Bora in silence out the elevator through the long hallway. I glanced through each room we passed seeing Agents pulling up every file they have on Alex. Satellite maps covered the screens as they searched every inch for her. Even Security videos are up showing anything. My eyes widen in horror. They are searching for her in every corner. If there is a person scratching their they would know. Is this all really necessary. I felt my blood boil in anger at the sight. This bastard will do anything to get Alex.

“Jr has been in a pissy mood lately so be careful.” Bora warned. Onew and I stopped behind her. Watching as she lifted a delicate hand to a closed door knocking on it heavily.

“Come in.” Jr’s voice echoed on the other side. Bora opened the door with a scowl on her face.

“I have brought Agent Onew and his partner Kris, Sir.” She hissed annoyed she had to get us.

Jr looked up from his seat behind the large wooden desk with a sadistic smile. Papers scattered all over the desk top as a screen lit up behind him showing an aerial view of Russia. Onew and I walked in the room taking it in. The dark furniture against the walls. Two seats in front of his desk. As well as a door to his right behind him. He had his laptop open. Bora muttered a good luck as she went to close the door.

“Oh Bora.” Jr breathed out stopping her. Bora let out a heavy sigh rolling her eyes. Turning towards Jr she let out the fakest smile I have ever seen.

“Yes, Sir?”

“Be sure to put in extra paper in each of the conference rooms before you retire for the evening. We don’t need to be running out of paper now do we?”

“I know where I want to shove the extra paper. God forbid you do it and ruin your perfect fingers. Since you don’t do .” Bora muttered to herself thinking she went unheard. But we heard her. Onew snorted trying to hold in his laugh.

“Excuse me?” Jr let out. Bora snapped her head up with another fake smile.

“Nothing, Sir. Right away, Sir.” She answered in an overly happy tone. Jr smiled nodded at her. Bora turned closing the door, but not before she muttered out a couple curse words for him.

“Onew. Kris. Have a seat.” Jr motioned to the two chairs in front of his desk. I nodded seriously sitting on the chair. I can hear Onew move his chair slightly so he can sit also. Jr studied us both with a serious expression as if all our secrets are written on our faces. We just looked back at him emotionless and serious. He then let out a heavy sigh as he leaned back on his leather desk chair. “I heard you shot Alex?”

“Yes, sir. She snuck on our plane without our knowledge then beat us in her processes of escaping. I shot her in the hip hoping it will stop her.” I explained. Jr just narrowed his eyes at me in disbelief. “Your agents are incapable of shooting correctly. I got frustrated and grabbed the gun despite my state and shot her.”

“You should have shot to kill.” Jr breathed out dangerously. My eyes narrowed at him in anger. He wanted me to kill her. Even if I was pissed at Alex I could never kill her. “Oh well. I know it was a far shot you wouldn’t have been able to. You are lucky you got her in the hip.”

Is he doubting my skills? I can do a head shot on someone 10 football fields away. With the right wind and patience I can do it no problem. I was about to argue on the matter, but I quickly stopped myself. He wants this. He is trying to anger me so he can get some type of proof that we are with Alex. That we let her escape. You can tell from the dangerous twinkle in his eyes as he stared at me. I balled my hands tightly trying to hold my anger.

“I was quite lucky it was a long distance. But regrettably I did not stop her.” I breathed out through my clenched teeth.

“Regrettably. Tell me Onew.” Jr spoke standing up from his chair. Onew turned his head towards Jr. By the way his jaw clenched you can tell he is holding in his anger also. Jr walked around his desk towards us. “How did Alex Night, a traitor, get on a private airplane of the Bureau and escape with wounds disappearing from thin air like a ghost?”

“I don’t know, Sir!” Onew replied. Jr looked stopped next to Onew with a sadistic smile. He bent down towards his ear.

“I know how.” He breathed out in a whisper. I can immediately feel the atmosphere in the room becoming tenser by the minute. Jr stood back up away from us. I can hear his footsteps echo behind us. We wouldn’t dare turn around. “She had help. But who would help her? I can’t be you two! No that would be too easy for me. Anyways why would someone who is helping her shoot her? Unless..” I felt a hand land on my shoulder roughly. I turned my head as Jr’s face bent down to come between Onew’s and I’s head. He had us by our shoulders. “Unless it was planned.” He breathed out. He figured us out. I looked past Jr to see Onew’s eyes holding slight panic. We both looked back at Jr to see him only to let out a loud laugh shaking his head. Jr turned his head to look at both of us. I felt his hand squeeze my shoulder painfully. I flinched away from him, but he only brought me closer. My heart seems to go in overdrive as I tried to keep my expression emotionless. “You two would never do that to me. You are too loyal to the Bureau.” He breathed out letting us go. Both Onew and I let out a soft breath.

“Where would you even get that idea, Sir?” Onew joked shaking his head.

“Right! I was thinking that to.” Jr laughed. “Crazy! Right!”

 I watched as he walked back behind his desk. He is dangerous. I honestly never felt so afraid of Jr like I did at that moment. I remembered what Hyori told me on the phone the other day. ‘Jr is too dangerous! He needs to killed. People like him shouldn’t be left to live in this world.’ Her words echoing in my mind over and over again as I watched Jr laugh at Onew’s response. She is right. God I hope Alex is fine. I let out a soft sigh looking down. She is the only one that can stop him. She is the only one strong enough to.

“I agree that was really crazy.” Onew spoke laugh along with Jr.

“But you know what. Sadly I believed that you two were with her. Well until I found the real culprit.” Jr breathed out running a hand through his hair. I immediately snapped my head up towards him. I didn’t even bother to hide the panic in my eyes. Did he discover Hyori? Oh God she is a mother with kids. He couldn’t have? Did he? “Aron! Ren!” Jr called out.

Onew and I turned towards the door that was behind him desk on the right side. The door opened to see Aron and Ren from Jr’s old division step out with a serious expression. I stared at them in panic as Aron dragged someone from inside the windowless room they were in. A gasp escaped my mouth as I saw Aron throw a badly beaten Junsu to the ground in front of us. Blood seemed to cover his body as he breathed heavily. He was groaning in pain. They tortured him! Tears welled up in my eyes as I lifted my hand to cover my mouth.

“Junsu!” Onew let out going to his side, but he was immediately pushed back by Ren. “What the hell, Jr!” Onew yelled turning towards Jr with a vengeful glare.

 Jr just shrugged it off as he walked towards Junsu lifting his head up by his hair. I let out another gasp upon seeing Junsu’s face he is almost unrecognizable. His left eyes was black and angry as a long gash seemed to go down his face. Junsu let out a strangled breathed as he glared up at Jr with hatred. Jr smiled down at him evilly. I continued to study Junsu to see his bare chest covered in stab wounds and what seemed like whip marks.

“Why did you do this?” I breathed out staring at Jr with a glare. Tears welled on my eyes making everything blurry. 

“Why?” Jr questioned cocking his head to the side. He then looked back down to Junsu. “Why don’t you tell them?” He breathed out pulling on Junsu’s hair more.

“Arrrgh!” Junsu let out a painfully yell. I watched as he weakly tried to lift his hands up to pull Jr away, but he failed. Jr let out a loud laugh.

“His finger!” Onew let out in shock. I looked at Onew in confusion then back at Junsu’s hands. I gasped yet again as I felt my food from this morning wanting to rise up. “You cut off his thumbs!”

“Now he can’t use his computer anymore to hack into things that are not his business.” Jr shrugged as if it was nothing. “You know I would have never figured it out if it wasn’t for the ‘extra’ help I hired.”

“Extra help?”

“Oh I can’t tell you that! It’s a surprise.” Jr winked at us. I scowled at him in rage. I wish I had my gun with me. I stared back at Junsu with a saddened gaze. Junsu is good with computers. Hell better than me. How could he have gotten caught and not me? “Well like I was saying. I got an alert someone broke into my personal server. At first I thought it was Alex, but imagine my surprise that it was the best computer hacker I have in the Bureau. So I concluded he is a traitor to the Bureau working with Alex especially since I caught him staying with Alex’s family. He was watching them for her.” Jr then looked back down at Junsu. “You’re losing your touch, Junsu.”

“.” Junsu breathed out as he spit blood on Jr’s face.

Jr let out a sigh wiping his face against his sleeve then landing a blow on Junsu’s jaw. Junsu let out a yell in pain as his body jerked to the side. I watched as his body shook furiously as he laughed darkly. Jr let out a growl as he grabbed Junsu from his hair again pulling him up. A scowl covering his face as Junsu continued to laugh despite his state.

“What the hell are you laughing at?” Jr growled.

“She is going to kill you.” Junsu simply let out earning him another blow from Jr.

Junsu’s body sprawled on the floor still laughing as Jr went to hit again and again. Over and over again I watched froze in place as Jr kept punching Junsu in the face until he stopped laughing. Ren held back an enraged Onew, who kept cursing and yelling. Onew struggled against Ren’s hold even when Jr stopped his assault and stood up looking right at me with dark eyes. Evil seemed to swirl in the dark abyss as well as panic. He looked desperate. Being desperate to catch Alex turned him into this monster. Junsu laid unmoved on the ground breathing heavily signifying he is still alive. That and his groans.

“You bastard!” Onew yelled furiously. “He is not with Alex. So leave him alone! Let him go!”

Jr just ignored Onew’s comment as he just continued to stare at me. I felt as if his eyes were looking into my soul. I shivered. Jr nodded his head towards Aron. Aron nodded back going towards Junsu grabbing his arms pulling him up to a sitting position holding his arms behind his back. Junsu’s head hung down staring at the ground blood dripped to the floor. The way he is holding him. An execution. I stared at Jr in horror as he handed me a pistol then took out another one pointing it towards my head.  I held the cold metal against my hand. Onew let out another yell struggling against Ren’s hold.

“If you are really loyal to me shoot the traitor that is with Alex. If you don’t I will think you are with them and shot you.” Jr warned as he cocked back his gun. The click echoing in the room.

“You bastard! For the last time we are not with Alex none of us are with her.” Onew yelled. “You are so damn desperate to capture Alex and hide all your secrets you are about to kill your best hacker even best sniper. Instead of looking with in your Bureau for traitors you should be out there looking for her. Because so help Jr if you kill any of them I will kill you myself!”

“So what will it be Kris?” Jr questioned ignoring Onew’s rant.

 I looked at Jr then at Junsu with panic. Everyone always asked me when I entered the Bureau why I would choose to be a sniper and a hacker. There is no action in it. Well. This is exactly why. I didn’t want to be in this situation ever in my life. Sure I pulled the triggered on countless people killing them, but those are enemies against our country. Not an innocent. Not with a gun pointed to my head. Never a gun pointed to my head. Feeling the cool metal pressed against my temple is like the biggest wakeup call I ever felt in my life. All my training out the door as I was overcome with pure fear.

“How can you be okay with this!” Onew questioned Ren and Aron. Ren shifted from foot to foot still holding back Onew. I can tell from his face he was uncomfortable about this situation as well as Aron.

“I have better things to do!” Jr sighed out pushing my head with the gun. “I am going to count to three.”

“Kris! Don’t do it!”

“One!”

“Jr don’t!”

“Two!” I stared back at Junsu to see him lift his head up weakly. His eyes looking right at me in sorrow and sympathy. Don’t give me sympathy! You are the one I have to shot. He then opened his mouth. I froze as I read his lips. ‘Do it’. He told me. I shook my head. No I can’t.

“I can’t!” I breathed out lowering the gun dropping it to the ground. Jr let out a heavy sigh shaking his head.

“I’m sorry to hear that.” Jr breathed out pointing his gun towards Junsu. I watching his finger move to the trigger ready to fire.

“No!!” Onew and I yelled at the same time.

Just when Jr was about to fire the weapon a loud beeping noise echoed through the office. We stood frozen in silence as we looked around the office. The Aerial map behind Jr’s desk now had a red dot vibrating over the south district. Ren let go of Onew, who immediately ran towards me, he held me in his arms making sure I was alright.

“So that is where she is hiding.” Jr muttered to himself. My eyes widen in fear. She? He found her, but how. “Well looks like shows over.” Jr spoke facing us. A smile took over his face as he bowed slightly to us. “I believe you now because if you knew something you would have blurted it out to save both you and Junsu. Now.” Jr turned back towards Junsu with a scowl. “Take him back to the room and finish him. Everyone else with me. Vadim finally activated his tracker.” Jr laughed walking out the room with Ren on his heels.

Onew and I breathed out turning towards Aron. Aron lifted Junsu up by his arm pushing him towards the room. His face holding confusion and regret.

“Aron, Wait!” I spoke stopping him. Aron stopped turning towards me. “Don’t kill him.”

“I have orders.” Aron spoke his voice holding sorrow. I pulled away from Onew walking towards him while shaking my head.

“You don’t have to do it.”

“I have to. If not..”

“Just say I overpowered you taking Junsu.” I breathed out.

“What are you doing?” Onew hissed grabbing my arm forcing me to look at him. He searched my eyes. “If Jr finds that out then he will put you as a traitor.”

“But-“

“No he won’t.” Aron spoke cutting me off. He looked up at me with a soft smile letting go of Junsu. Junsu fell back to the ground weakly with a moan. “ Sorry, Junsu.”

“What are you guys doing?” Junsu breathed out heavily. Using his arms he tried to lift himself up. Aron bent down towards him putting his arm over his shoulders. Aron held Junsu up smiling at him apologetically.

“Saving your life.” Aron breathed out. He then looked up at me and Onew. “You two go with Jr so he doesn’t suspect anything. I will help Junsu to a safe place away from here under Jr’s radar. I will treat his wounds and stay with him until he is better. You were right Onew. How could I have stood there and let Jr do this is beyond me.”

“Aron. Jr will-“ I went to speak, but Aron lifted his free hand stopping me.

“I know what he will do if he catches me.  Look it’s been hectic lately… with the way Jr is acting it’s not….What I’m trying to say is I don’t believe Alex would betray us without a good reason. She wouldn’t do this without a good reason. Jr is not the same man we know anymore. He has become like a monster.” Aron looked down sadly. “I’m sorry it took me this look to realize this. I’m sorry I didn’t stop him from…”

“We know.” Onew let out putting his hand on Aron’s shoulder. “Be careful leaving here. And protect Junsu.”

“I will.” Aron nodded hoisting Junsu up on his back with easy. Junsu muttered profanity upon the pain making Aron apologize again. “He will pass out soon from all the blood loss so I better go now. I have to treat his wounds before it infects. I will see what I can do about his hand, but I won’t be about to do much. You two better go before Jr suspects something.  Tell Alex to kick his .”

"Wait!" I called out stopping them before they left. Aron looked at me annoyed as Junsu lifted his head weakly. His eyes half closed. "Junsu? Why did you do it? Your the best hacker in the Agency you could have gotten everything without getting caught. Why?"

"Kris. We don't-"

"I know! But I need to know why?"

"He.. hired assassins." Junsu breathed out heavily. My eyes widen in shock. Junsu's head seemed to lean foreward against Aron's shoulder weakly. "It was the ...only...way....to...stop...them."

"You did it for Alex." Onew breathed out looking at Junsu with a proud smile. Junsu looked at us softly. His lips tilting up to a small smile. Blood seemed to come out of the cracks on his lips.

"I need to take him now." Aron said seriously looking at us annoyed that we held him back. 

Onew and I nodded proudly at Junsu and with that Aron ran back in the room he came from going through another door. He disappeared from in front of us. I hope he gets Junsu help in time. Please help them make it in time. I turned back towards Onew to see him glaring at Jr’s desk with rage. I lifted my hand placing it softly over his balled fist. He snapped his head towards me. His brown eyes holding anger and determination.

“We need to end this now.” He spoke. I nodded at him.

“I know. But we can’t do anything without Alex. We need to go! If Jr finds her…We need to do something to make sure she doesn’t get caught or killed.” I spoke softly. Onew nodded at me as he walked towards the door. “After we come back we will tell Jaejoong.”

“He is going to kill Jr.”

“He has to get in line.” I hissed. With that last comment we left the room running to catch up to Jr’s army.