❝ ( ♥ ) - order for strawberry shortcake, d.onuts, and caffe americano?

❝ ( ♥ ) - café de l'espoir ⋮ closed

   

i have an older sister. hmm let me inform you my family first. in our family, we're actually 8. 6 children, and 2 parents. There are five girls, and one boy. the youngest is the boy, and i'm coming next in terms of age. the older sister i was talking about earlier is the third oldest child in my family. well, she's basically the favorite. of course as another child in our family i think it's not fair. our parents always favor her over us. for example we're eating dinner, and we're in the dining table right now. we sit far away from the food. our parents always offer her the best food in the table, and they're not offering us ( their other children ). i can't complain though. she's always the one who's forgiven easily, and she's the one my dad favors the best. she's the one who's given the best things, clothes, food, etc. i think it's really unfair. i know they love me though. why did they raise me if they didn't love me, right? but as the days are coming, she's the main star of our family. our WHOLE family. i know i'm being mean right now, but who wouldn't be sad? thank you for taking your time on me. i feel a lot lighter now that i'm confessing it to someone. thank you so much again!

 


 

Darling, that does :(

Parents unfortunately, aren’t perfect. For anyone who has read “My sister’s keeper” they would know that a parent’s obsession with one child had detrimental effects on all the other children. Every child strives for affection and approval and seeing one sibling star in the family can hurt. Your parents probably don’t understand how bad all of you feel and they might be in denial themselves. You can’t change them nor can you expect them to change and I understand how much it is affecting you but unfortunately, nothing can be done unless you sit them down and have a nice little chat with them. Parents often underestimate the impact they have on their children and maybe that’s exactly what they’re doing now. For now, you can only try to shine the brightest you can. Don’t look at your sister in envy or unhappiness, learn from her and grow into a stronger person. It’s a lot easier said than done but if you work hard and put your focus into personal improvement, anything is possible. I don’t blame you if you feel resentment towards both your parents and your older sister but keep in mind that you are the centre of your own universe.

I wish you the best of luck!

- Love, Lime 

 

 

(Author ramblings: I know first-hand how much it to be under someone else’s shadow and the worst part was, they weren’t even elated to me. The fine line of respect and fear in parenting is incredibly blurry in Asian families so I never really could speak up because nothing I ever said was right. I don’t think my parents understood how much the shattered my heart when it already broke into pieces so I don’t think yours do either. We need to meet halfway and learn to accept, forgive and love. Because in the end, our parents do want the bets for us. AND HOLY CRAP LIME IS MY BIAS TOO, IF SHE'S YOURS XD)