❝ ( ♥ ) - order for hot green tea with honey?

❝ ( ♥ ) - café de l'espoir ⋮ closed

  

I'm at a very good, Catholic, private, all-girls high school. It is known for the really wealthy people or the smart, poor people who get scholarships and financial aid. I am on partial scholarship ($3,500) and merit based financial aid ($10,000). At first, going to school was fun but I no longer look forward to it anymore. Teachers are terrible in teaching and I don't like the people there other than my small group of friends. Financially, we can no longer afford to pay for the school ($18,000). My parents won't tell me this to my face but I know that my school is eating away our money. Public school is not an option. I sat down with my parents last week and talked to them seriously about leaving my school. My only option is to move back to the Philippines, and study there alone. My grandparents will be there but...they're old. BUT there, we're one of the richer families(both sides of my family.) My mom thought it over and said that she would be willing to but she's afraid of sending me to live on my own. I know it's not a safe place, the Philippines, and I know that I'm putting myself at a risk since my parents won't be there with me. My dad, knowing our financial status, doesn't want me to leave the US or my school. He said that I'm already at a really good school, and why would I want to go back. Another reason why I want to leave is because all my friends are leaving the school; one is moving to New York, another Thailand and the other the Philippines but a different island of the Philippines. The other girls at my school don't want to hang out with someone like me because I'm poor. In short, I'm really confused on what to do now. I don't want to be a burden on my parents but at the same time, I'm scared of living alone even if I know I am capable.

 


 

I’m super sorry to hear that you’re stuck in such a position, darling.

Personally, oppa values his education very much so if you’re feeling uncomfortable in a certain environment, I do think it’s best for you if you just leave. You said it’s straining on your parents (the fees aren’t small) and also on your emotional wellbeing. It’s even sadder that all your friends are leaving and your peers discriminate you for being “poor”. It’s ridiculous and petty and I’m mad for you right now, if I was an intelligence agent, I’d come over there are whoop their asses for you (the Baozi has martial arts experience too but our panda keeps stealing the spotlight).

Going to another country alone is scary and you can never connect with your grandparents as much as you can with your parents. Now, despite everything I just mentioned above please do think everything through very carefully because changing schools (especially in another country) is a huge change and the anxiety resulting from you current situation may just be overwhelming you. You may want to rethink all your options before making such a move. I understand your father’s concerns so I think the best option right now is to stay calm, positive and in the US. Until you really feel you can’t associate yourself with other people, that you can’t be accepted, that you aren’t thriving, that you aren’t learning, then you should go back. Only when you feel like you really can't do it anymore and that it's dragging you down. 

It’s a big change and you may end up regretting it so with an open mind and a positive attitude, re-weigh your options.

-Love, Xiumin (Kim Minseok) 

 

(Author ramblings: I'm sorry if I make errors in what I write because to be completely honest, I don't edit what I write and I'm super busy with all these stupid assessments so please, please forgive me. Both of us are trying to work through all the requests as fast as possible because it's not nice to keep people waiting. As for your school thing, I can relate because I was never able to go to a school that I got a partial scholarship to because my parents could never afford it. I don't think i would've been happy there because they're so rich they even have a horse-track as part of their school campus on top million-dollar facilities and whatnot. Personally, I think that if you really just cannot attend that school anymore (your mental health is very important) then don't. And go back. Hope this helped, i really do! TT^TT)