❝ ( ♥ ) - order for apple pie and vanilla latte?

❝ ( ♥ ) - café de l'espoir ⋮ closed

  

Ah sweet peaceful cafe

I'm a boy. I've always wanted to audition for any entertainment industry in Korea. The problem is, my parents wanted me to finish my undergraduate program first.. So I thought, I'll be able to go to Korea like what? 21 years old? Would any entertainment company would like to accept an 21 years old trainee?

 


 

Boy, just take a look at Kahi and Victoria (who are considered old) and then Baekhyun and Daehyun who only trained a year before debut.

Some companies do have restrictions on age, the cut off age usually being from 20-25 but as long as you have the talent, confidence and potential, I’m sure some companies would take an interest in you. It’s better to be younger, I admit so companies can train and nurture them more but education is often very important and I definitely think you should finish your undergraduate program first. The entertainment industry is incredibly volatile and unpredictable so build your foundations for a plan B before going to audition. In the meantime, you can refine your skills and go take some classes to get a better shot at getting accepted. In the end, age is just a number consider 2NE1, one of Korea’s most successful girl groups. Bom and Dara are both quite old so as long as you have the drive and the passion, I’m sure age won’t hinder your dreams. If you have a strong passion for singing, then you could go for a solo career much like K.Will and Lee Seungi. Usually, companies are a little hesitant to take in older trainees if they don’t have that much talent because after training, you might already be in your late twenties.

MY suggestion: do your undergraduate program but don’t stop persevering, refine your skills while you’re at it and then go audition. I wish you the best of luck!

- Sohee ♥

 

(I think my co-author wants to wish you luck as well but I'll leave it blank for now so she can edit it later :D)