❝ ( ♥ ) - order for a raspberry granita?

❝ ( ♥ ) - café de l'espoir ⋮ closed

  

How does one go about trying to find a passion for something? I'm a second year in uni and I still feel like I'm drifting - I have an interest in many things but no passion, no drive or motivation. The cost of trying out new things also weighs on my mind a lot since I'm currently unsuccessful in part time job hunting and my parents have been made redundant from their jobs two years ago and have not found any employment since then because they're senior citizens, which is a stressful situation in itself.

 


 

Girl, this is going to sound super cheesy but passion finds you, you don’t find it.

You mentioned that you have an interest in many things but not a drive or passion. This may be because your real passion may be hidden by societal expectations and your own sense of realism. Often, people spend their entire lives searching for that purpose to their existence and sometimes it can be as simple as family. It’s okay not to have a drive or motivation as of now, you’re still young and despite everything, you may find it later on in life. You can never really do anything to “find” it but you can make a compromise considering your parents are in a dire financial situation. Just because you’re unsuccessful in finding job right now doesn’t mean you will never succeed so don’t lose heart. For now, all you can really do is pursue something you do have a slight interest for and then hopefully, your passion will hit you like a train one day.

I wish you the best of luck!

- Love, Luhan 

 

(Author ramblings: I swear I’ve hit a mid-life crisis at such a young age already (LOL) and although I do have a passion, I highly doubt I’ll ever be able to pursue it. There’s nothing that I could realistically do that I feel strongly about and I have so many interests it’s hilarious. You still have the rest of life to decide so maybe just settle with something you like considerably like and then find your true direction. People now on average have up to five career changes a life time. Let me link you to a blog post I wrote as I was moping over the state of my academic career. Read the comments, they helped me. Maybe you should make a blog post and get opinions of your AFF friends who have been there and have some experience. HERE~)