❝ ( ♥ ) - order for red velvet cheesecake and chai tea latte?

❝ ( ♥ ) - café de l'espoir ⋮ closed

/lugs self to an empty table and plops a pile of textbooks on the table.

Hello, I'm back again! Do you remember me? I'm the one who ordered green tea with honey the last time I was here. I was exceptionally happy with your excellent service last time so I decided to come back again...but this time I have another pressing concern.

So here is my problem... I was recommended to all Honors classes as well as AP Economics and Algebra 2 Honors. I really want to get into Calculus before college because I want to land a good spot in a medical position but my parents and I want me to take AP Economics because it'll look good on my report card. I can only choose one though because one of them will be my extra class. I'm not sure if I want to take up double math or double history in sophomore year. If I were to take Alg2H, I would be taking my required course of Geometry H at the same time. If I were to take AP Ec, I would be taking my required course of US History 1 H at the same time. My English, Math, Science, History and World Language [Spanish] classes are all honors classes and I'm not sure what my elective class should be: AP Economics or Algebra 2 Honors. Scheduling starts next week and my parents want me to take all honors classes next year for the sake of my GPA and it looks good for college. I'm not sure if I can handle all of these advanced subjects.

Finally, for my previous problem: I decided to stay in the U.S. and my school because the financial aid I was granted was very generous and it allowed me to stay at my school for another year. My friends will no longer be there with me but I've made a few more friends in some of my classes and they seem okay with my financial status. I'm very glad that I took your advice and I am forever grateful from the bottom of my heart :)

 


 

Nice to hear back from you, sweetie :)

I’m glad you took my advice and didn’t let your own emotions reign over your common sense too much. I’m very happy for you that you’ve found friends who appreciate you fro you are because really, that’s what friends are for.

First of all, all that subject talk honestly confuses me. Our education system is different over here in Korea but I do get the gist of what you’re trying to say. All I can say for you is to choose subjects that you honestly think you will enjoy and also subjects that you think will land you something that you want. Having a report card that looks wonderful isn’t going to be useful when you apply for certain positions or jobs. I understand your parents want the best for you, but if you choose subjects you don’t like or that you find may be too challenging, it will affect your studies negatively rather than positively. Having gone to an extremely academic school myself, I know how ambitious everyone can be and that may be the driving force behind you taking all these advanced classes.

Do what you’re comfortable with (this doesn’t mean you should step down from a challenge) and do what you feel is best for your future. Otherwise, despite external pressures you won’t be happy and I promise you, you’ll be tearing your hair out every single night from the stress and anxiety. Try not to be too ambitious, just keep your personal needs in mind and I’m sure you can make the right choices :)

- Lee Minhyuk

 

(Author ramblings: first of all, I need to make an apology to the darling who requested for chapter 3 because I accidentally deleted your second form and I remember the details clearly except for what you want to order so if you don’t mind, please fill it out again for this stupid, clumsy author. I’m very, very sorry for being so careless. Anyway, back to you :D I know how you feel since I was pressured into taking subjects that I pretty much disliked and despite the fact that I found them bearable, I was never working to my full potential. I know how hard it is to make choices that fit your needs especially if everyone else is so competitive and your parents are nagging you. My biggest piece of advice is really, to follow your heart because I swear you’ll regret it later if you overestimate yourself or if you do something you don’t like for the sake for a good report card.)