Why Am I Like This?

Alone?

Dongwoo woke up from most peaceful and comforting sleep that he ever had in his life. He felt so comfortable he almost felt as thought he was in heaven.

He opened his eyes to see Hoya sleeping, laying beside him with a small smile on his face. Hoya had turned in his sleep and was now facing Dongwoo so he was able to see his smile, which made Dongwoo's morning that little bit more brighter. Hoya's expression had been pretty much plain and to finally see Hoya smile was a dream come true. Even if it was only a small smile. Hoya looked so peaceful and it made Dongwoo wonder what he could be dreaming about.

After staring at Hoya for quite awhile Dongwoo finally decided to get ready for the day ahead. He wasn't sure what the day would bring. Hoya was suppose to head home today but Dongwoo didn't want him to go. He felt comfortable knowing that Hoya was by his side. He was also worried. He had only meet Hoya's mum and that was for just a small amount of time and the vibes that she gave off were scary. He also wondered about the relationship that Hoya and his parents had. Dongwoo was at the hospital the whole time Hoya was in the coma, yet Hoya's parents had not visited him, not even once. He had always wondered why that was.

Dongwoo slowly got out of the bed trying his best not to wake up Hoya, who was still sleeping peacefully. Once he was off of the bed he walked out of the room and back to his own heading to the bathroom washing up and getting ready progressing with the day.

 

Hoya woke from his comfortable sleep as he sat up in the bed and stretched. He looked around the room that was fill with the sun's light. He strangely didn't mind how light the room was. The light was slowly becoming more and more comfortable to him as time went by. As he looked around the room he felt as though something was missing. His heart felt warmth yet the warmth was slowly disappearing as the source of the warmth was no long close to him.

With a sigh Hoya got out of the bed and headed to the bathroom getting ready for the day. He wonder if he had to go back home. He felt comfortable there, and he was dreading having to go back home and meet his parents again. He tried not to think about it and went to the bathroom taking a nice long shower before getting dressed ready for the day, what ever the days events was going to bring him.

He walked out of the room and was surprised to see Dongwoo sitting out side playing a game on his phone while he sat with his back leaning on the wall.

"Oh you're up how did you sleep? Lets go down and have breakfast. You might be wondering why I'm sitting out here well right? Well, that's because you're not that familiar with every room here yet. So I thought we could go together, to the dinning room I mean. Haha what els would I mean. Lets go." Dongwoo said nervously. He didn't know why he was acting like that. But when he gets nervous he talks what's on his mind all at once. Even if he had asked a question. He wouldn't let the person answer before he want onto the next thing.

Hoya just nodded and followed Dongwoo down stairs to the dinning room. To be honest he was worried that he would get lost so he was glad to see Dongwoo sitting outside of the door waiting for him.

It was early afternoon so the staff and the cooks had been dismissed for the time being. They would be called again late afternoon to start up dinner.

The two walked into the kitchen and Hoya looked around in amazement. It was his first time going into their kitchen and the kitchen was huge. It had all the latest equipment anyone could want in a kitchen. Dongwoo suddenly grabbed Hoya's hand and lead him to the table making him sit on one of the chair.

"Seeing as everyone has already eaten, it looks like I'm going to have to make you something to eat. So sit here while I prepare the food." Dongwoo said ignoring the fact that his heart was betting really fast, as he looked in to Hoya's eye that glistened in the light. Wow his eyes are really beautiful. Why am I just noticing them now? Dongwoo thought.

Dongwoo put on one of the aprons that was hanging on the hook, and got to work putting all his efforts into cooking the food. It had to be delicious since he was going to give it to his Hoya.

Hoya sat and watched Dongwoo cooking the food. He had no idea that the older could cook. He watched Dongwoo from behind and he couldn't deny that the other was beautiful.

"Are you bored?" Dongwoo asked as he cook the food. 

"A little, but I don't mind." Hoya said as he watch Dongwoo.

"One second. Don't more." Dongwoo said as he made his way out of the kitchen and came back a few seconds latter. "Here, you can use this." Dongwoo said giving Hoya his Ipad.

"How about I put some music on?" Hoya said as he turn on the tablet going into the music library.

"Yeah sure, But I don't really save my music on there. But there is quite a few of Sungkyu's and Woohyun's songs on there. You should give them a listen." Dongwoo said as he went back to cooking the food.

"Sungkyu sings?" Hoya said surprised. He really didn't know anything about the people that he suddenly found himself being surrounded by. 

"Yes he does and I must say he is a great singer. He loves to study and one may think that he values his studying first but they would be wrong. Singing I would say is his number one, well if we don't add Woohyun in to the equation. The same with Woohyun, he loves singing too. I remember when we were small he would always sing. Sungkyu and Woohyun both love singing. And I think that their voices both complement each other. Which is a condescendence since they both ended up falling for each other." Dongwoo said with a smile.

Hoya listened to the songs one by one and was amazed by the older's voice and he was amazed by Woohyun's voice too. And just as Dongwoo said they both suited each other perfectly.

"So what are you cooking anyway?" Hoya asked curiosity. He could smell the food cooking and it smelt delicious 

"If I tell you then it won't be a surprise." Dongwoo said with a small smile on his face.

"Wait, who said that it was a surprise?" Hoya asked.

"Just wait. You are going to love what I have prepared. When I was younger I always sat and watched my mum cook. My mum was such a great cook. So don't be too shocked when you eat the most delicious thing you'll ever eat in your life." Dongwoo said finishing off the last of the food. Then started to set the table.

"It's all ready. I cooked a lot because we missed breakfast. So eat up." Dongwoo said once he put every thing on to the table and grabbed two plates.

"It really looks delicious. I hope it tastes as good as it looks." Hoya said. He was really surprised at how good everything looked. He picked up the pair of chopsticks that where placed on the table. And picked up a bit of the food as Dongwoo watched him intensely. 

Hoya ate the food and was surprised with what he had just eaten. The food tasted delicious and he could easily say that it was the most delicious thing that he had eaten in his life.

"So what do you think?" Dongwoo asked as he munched on some food that he was eating.

"It's great. Really. I didn't know you could cook so well." Hoya said with a small smile on his face. Causing Dongwoo's heart to beat a little faster.

"How about you try some of this." Dongwoo said feeding Hoya some on the food that was near him. Hoya without knowing aromatically opening his mouth allowing Dongwoo to feed him.

"You're right it is delicious." Hoya said allowing himself to smile. He felt comfortable in Dongwoo presence and that was enough to allow himself to smile.

"Well eat up, we still have the whole day." Dongwoo smiled as he continued to eat his food with a smile. The beginning of the day was going great.

"Oh do you have something to do?" Hoya asked eating the food. He just couldn't get enough of it.

"Yes actually I have to do a few things in town. Do you want to come with me?" Dongwoo asked nervously, he didn't know why he was so nervous.

"Sure, I don't have anything els to do so why not?" Hoya said. He was relived that he didn't have to go home yet.

"We can go once we finish eating." Dongwoo said with a smile. Hoya had changed a lot. The Hoya that was once afraid of speaking freely and afraid of smiling, was not the Hoya that was in fount of him. The Hoya that hid behind a mask was not there in front of him.

They finished eating and headed out, it was now the start of spring so they didn't need to wrap themselves in layers of clothes. They deiced to take the bus and enjoy the new spring air.

"Wow I haven't been here in a long time." Hoya said quietly once they got to their destination. The mall was crowded with people all enjoy their time.

"Really, don't you go shopping often?" Dongwoo asked in surprised

"I prefer to order online instead. I don't like crowds or places where there is a lot people. And this place seems to be crowded all the time." Hoya said as his eye wondered 

"Do you really hate crowds that much?" Dongwoo asked and Hoya nodded in response. "Then why did  you say that you would come here with me knowing that it would be crowded, especially seeing as it is a Saturday?" Dongwoo said. He wanted to spend time with Hoya. But now hearing that Hoya doesn't like crowds it made Dongwoo feel worried. He was worried that Hoya might feel stressed and stress wasn't good for Hoya right now.

"I'm okay. Really I'm fine." Hoya said quietly.

"Are you sure? I could leave it for another day." Dongwoo said with worry in his voice. Hoya didn't like that Dongwoo worried so much about him he was fine. Nothing was wrong with him. Well apart form little pieces of his memory being lost, other then that he was fine.

They spent their day going from shop to shop. Whenever Dongwoo saw that Hoya felt uncomfortable he pulled him in closer and gave him a reassuring smile and it made Hoya forget about his dislike for crowds.

"It's getting late was should be heading back now. It's already late so how about you come back to the house with me? You could always go back home tomorrow." Dongwoo said as they walked with the their hands full of bags to the main road hopping to find a taxi.

"Would it be okay?" Hoya asked. He liked staying at the house. The house felt so warm and inviting. He really didn't want to go back just yet. But he know he had to soon. He wondered if his parents knew that he was out of the hospital already. He wondered what they thought about him not going straight home and showing them that he was okay. He wondered if it was really true that they didn't visit him even once. His thoughts were broken by Dongwoo response.

"Of course it would be okay. Mr and Mrs Nam seems to like you a lot. And we could ring your parents and tell them that you are fine if you are worried." Dongwoo said with a smile. 

"Okay, but I think I'll text them instead." Hoya said taking out his phone and sent his mum a quick text. He never call people on the phone he was always afraid of speaking to the person once they picked up the phone on the other end.

They got back just before for dinner. And the atmosphere was the same as the night before but this time he Hoya could feel intense eyes staring at him. They finished dinner and everyone went to their room.

Hoya deiced to take a nice long shower there was some much change he just couldn't handle it. As he was in the shower he looked at his arm. And there was a scare from that night. With a sigh he traced his fingers over it. The scare looked liked as thought at the time of the cut it was really painful. But Hoya couldn't remember the pain. He couldn't remember anything much of what happened that day and he started to wonder if it would be best that he didn't remember.

He wondered what Dongwoo would think if he saw the scare. Would he look pathetic to him, In others eyes do they think that he is selfish? He wished that the scare could disappear. He wished that he could take that night back. He wished that past would never exists. But all of that was just a wish and to him wishes never come true. But there was one thing that Hoya wished and it was that Dongwoo would stay by his side. It was a wish that he hope would come true not matter what happened.

He finished his shower and got ready for bed before hiding under neath the cover. His life had been a mess in the past. His head and his heart was all clouded. But now that a smiling dinosaur was by his side things had started to change. He wasn't sure about the change that he was experiencing but all he knew is that he wanted Dongwoo to be by his side. To make him smile and to make him laugh. He didn't want to hate light and bright places, he didn't want to have a fear of being in a crowds. He wanted to be able to talk freely and tell people want was on his mind. But most importantly he wanted to dance like he did when he was young. When things in his life changed he gave up on dancing. He wanted to stand on stage again and dance.

The door knocked and Dongwoo pocked his heading into the room just like the night before. He wondered if Hoya was okay. He didn't know why but his heart was filled with worry about him.

"Are you asleep?" Dongwoo asked as he called out to Hoya.

"Of course not. Come in." Hoya said, his voice sounded tired and Dongwoo followed what he had said and walked in to the room and climbed onto the bed and lay next to Hoya.

"Are you okay?" Dongwoo asked as he stared up at the ceiling.

"Yeah, I'm Just a little tired form the shopping we did to day. I just need some sleep." Hoya said tiredly as he closed his eyes.

"As long as you are okay. I'm worried. I don't want anything to happen to you." Dongwoo said as he shifted his eyes so the he was looking at Hoya.

"Dongwoo you don't have to worry about me. I'm fine. The doctors said that I'm fine. So please don't worry." Hoya said still with his eyes closed.

"Your right I shouldn't worry too much. Your tired right? We should get to sleep. Good night." Dongwoo said before closing his eyes and falling in to a peaceful sleep.

Hoya opened his eyes and turn to face the now sleeping Dongwoo who looked like an angel sleeping. He moved his hand and pushed away some of Dongwoo's hair away from his face. His hair felt soft as Hoya stared at Dongwoo his heart started to beat a little faster.

"Dongwoo." Hoya whispered. "I'm scared that if I start to trust you and think that you would never leave, you might. Before I meet you, my life was a mess. I seriously wanted to die. But of course you knew that already. After all you were the one that saved me, right. I just know that you did. Now when I think about death I am now scared. I'm now scared of dying and leaving you here. I was once scared of the past and now I don't even remember it. Apart from little pieces of it. I was once scared of the further and now I anticipate it. With a bit of caution.

I'm not sure if I have ever said this, but thank you. For everything. If I could ask you for one more thing it would be that you never leave me. If you leave I really don't know what I would do. Jang Dongwoo, stay with me. Hopefully I would find a way of saying this to you when you can hear me. But for now just wait." Hoya whispered before pulling Dongwoo into a light hug as a tear escaped his eyes and he slowly drifted to sleep.


I hope you like the chapter it took me a bit of time to write it was a little difficult for me to write it so I really hope that you like it. :) Thank you so much to all the old subscribers and the new once. I am so happy that people read my story. Really thank you so much. If you want you could leave a comment below and tell me what you think.

Infinite's come back is soon and I can't wait. But I'm sad that 'This is Infinite is finished'

Did you see the BTD Inst Ver? They all look so great. :)