So This Is Where It All Starts.

Alone?

Sungjong woke up feeling a small pain in his neck. He had fallen asleep on the side of Hoya's bed holding his hand. He was sure that Dongwoo had slept in that position quite a lot and he could only imagination the pain he must have been in.

Sungjong got up and stretched while yawning. It was a school day but he decided to miss a day. Although exams where quickly approaching, he felt that it would be better if he spent his time at the hospital for the day. He liked to think of it as an insight to what Dongwoo daily life has become like.

He picked up his bag and made his way out of the room towards the staff bathrooms, where he was able to wash up. He past a few of the doctors on the way who welcomed him with warm smiles.

He washed up and decided to take a walk around the hospital. It was a little before visiting time stated so it was quite. It felt strange to Sungjong and it gave him cold chills as he walked around the quite hospital. As he walked he was so fascinated by the equipment that he wasn't really paying attention to were he was walking. He suddenly found himself on the over side of the the hospital. The ward had quit a lot of beds in it, most of which were occupied by the patients.

"Hey kid come here." And old grandma who was laying on a bed called out.

"Hello? Is there something you need?" Sungjong asked politely. 

"You don't look like a doctor. Is it visiting time already?" The grandma asked. Her voice sounded weak although she tired to sound as strong as possible.

"Oh no. I had just stayed the night with a friend. His friend is currently in a coma. I was just walking around and found myself here." Sungjong said as he stood at the end of the bed. 

"It wouldn't make any difference if it was visiting time anyway. No one comes to visit me." The grandma said sadly as she looked over to the side.

"That's sad. Don't you have a son or maybe a daughter. What about grandchildren? And what about your husband?" Sungjong asked with curiosity 

"I have two Sons and two daughters. They all have children. But I guess they are to busy to visit. And my husband passed away awhile ago. It's be quite lonely with out him here." She said with sadness in her voice.

"Hey how about I keep you company. Lets see. Oh I know you could tell me about  some of the past memories that you had." Sungjong said. He didn't know why but he felt like he had to stay. No, he wanted to stay. The old woman reminded him of his grandmother who had pasted. The time he sent talking to the old lady felt warm and it made him smile to see that he could make some ones day just that bit brighter. 

"You don't have to stay." She said showing him a smile.

"I know but I want to. So tell me about your life." Sungjong said a he sat on the chair that was next to her bed.

They talked for a long time. The grandmother talked about her life such as her high school day. How she fell in love with her husband. And their struggle to raise kids and earn money. Sungjong listened with open ears. He also told her about his life and his friends. He felt as though he was talking to his grandmother again and he sure missed that feeling.

 

Dongwoo woke tiredly with a yawn. He looked around noticing that Sungjong wasn't there. He wondered where he had gone and how long he had been go for.

He looked at the time and was quite shocked that it was already 12.30 in the afternoon. He got up and stretched and noticed that one of the nurses had left food for him. He didn't want to leave Hoya alone but he have no one to stay with him while he cleaned up. So he had no chose but to leave him alone. Quickly getting his stuff that he needed he made his way to the bathrooms brushing his teeth and having a quick shower.

He returned to the room out of breath with all of the running and rushing around that he had done. He walked in to the room and sat at his right full seat next to Hoya. He had become more relaxed as time had passed. Before he didn't want Hoya to be alone not even for a second. But now he had come to accept the fact that there couldn't be someone with him 24/7.

His belly started to grumble and he remembered the food that the nurse left him and he started to dig in. He smiled at the taste of the delicious food. Although it didn't taste anything like how Woohyun's mum would make it, but it was still good. While he was eating he decided to turn on some music as he didn't like silence.

He scrolled thought the song list that he had on his galaxy player. He stopped at a song that he only added on a few days before the night that Hoya was admitted into hospital. Dongwoo had played the song a lot although it wasn't his style he felt drawn to the song. The song was called 'Irony' it was the song that he found when he went to the field alone that one time. The song seemed like it was put there to tell someone a story or a message. 

He listened to the song while eating his last bit of food. Once he was done he stood up to put the plates on the table but he dropped it them causing them to smash because of the sight that was in front of him. His eye, it cant be. Dongwoo thought not letting out not even a sound.

 

Hoya's eye slowly opened allowing light to slowly make his way into his vision. He could feel his chest moving up and down allowing oxygen to his body. His eyes wondered around the room as he came back to realization. His body felt as thought it was unable to move but was slowly beginning to awaken.

He thought for a second as he tried to remember what he was doing there. Why he way in the hospital. A lot of things where blurry to him some thing he remember while other things he just simply forgot. He started to wonder about the thing he actually could remember. 

The main things that he could remember was the feeling of being alone. The feeling of losing someone close. He remembered how he shut people out. And how he would sometimes go mute and unable to speak. He remembered his sister but he didn't remember how she died he just remembered that she had passed away.  

He noticed someone sitting with a smile on his face enjoying the  food that he was eating. This made Hoya want to smile for some reason. But moving his face felt strange, it felt as though he was incapable of smiling . He examined boy's hair and features. The boy's hair looked pink but his nature colour was returning to his hair. And although he could see a smile on the boy's face he could tell the older was tiered and warn out.

He quietly watched him as he ate his food as though it was the most interesting thing in the world. A song was playing that Hoya couldn't recognize it. But he liked the sound of it, although the song gave off a some what sad feel. The song ended as if on cue as the boy finished eating his food and got up to put his plate on the table, stopping as he locked eyes with Hoya. He felt his heart began to race. He didn't care about the plate that smashed onto the plate.

"Please tell me this is real." Dongwoo whispered. He was filled with both shock and joy. He quickly called the doctor who check Hoya and surprisingly he found no problems, well apart from some memory lost, but it was nothing to worry about. He left the room giving the two some time alone.

"Hoya. I have missed you a lot." Dongwoo said as he hugged Hoya. Yet again holding back the tears that threatened to fall. But this time they were a mixture of happy and sad tears. He was happy that Hoya had finally awaken yet as he now looked Hoya in to his eyes he felt sad that someone could resort to trying to take their own life.

As Hoya stared at him he started to remember. He started to remember the only one that didn't give up one him when he tired to be suborn and take the battles that world had for him, alone. He remembered promising himself that he would show this boy his smile and that promise had not changed. 

Hoya felt the exhaustion and sadness that was radiating from boy, and regret suddenly came flowing toward him. he miss thought things. He thought that there was none that needed him in the world. No he convinced himself that this cold world was not the place he needed to be. But maybe it wasn't that the world was cold. Maybe it was just that the world was only cold because he lived as though their was no one by his side.

"I... I'm sorry Dongwoo. I promise. I won't ever leave you again. Don't worry." Hoya said quietly in a tiered voice. He could feel it. The thing that he tried to live his life without. The thing that without it he lived a cold life. He finally felt the warmth of another. Someone close to him. He felt trust that he thought that this time wouldn't be broken. I guess this is where it all begins. Hoya thought as he leaned into the hug finally excepting the warmth that the person in front of him had offered. 

 


 

Here's the next chapter and truthfully I had found it difficult to write this chapter. So how is it? I hope you like it. there is things in this chapter that will be explained in the next chapter. Thanks for reading. Thanks to the new subscribers and of course the old subscribers. please comment and let me know what you think. Pretty please with kimchi on top. :)

You must be wondering what the song was that Dongwoo was listening to right? Well here it is. It's called Irony by Hatsune Miku.  I just thought it kind of fit. I don't know I just like to add song into stories, sorry.